Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to sound crazy but if the driver of the victims' car was female (long black hair), perhaps that is a middle aged couple in the video!? Heavy dude and his missus tidying up a nasty crime scene?...
Not crazy. The camaraderie of a couple crossed my mind too. Could be family members from the same family, or gang members. Anything seems possible, but I am so thankful there is a video capturing these horrible criminals that would kill a very pregnant woman along with the baby.
A part of me does wonder if the driver of the black truck could also be a woman because of the wide-set hips, gait getting into the car and the slight curvature of their chest (looked liked they could have had breasts)?
I looked, and can't discount what you say. It's possible. Looks like the truck driver has longer hair. (see second pic)

1703814567089.png

1703814612688.png

I always thought a 22 was a long shotgun but apparently not! I’m also thinking of the Alex Murdaugh case where his son was shot at close range and his brains hit the ceiling of the outbuilding and landed on the ground. Ugh. I didn’t realize you could shoot someone at close range and a bullet may not possibly leave the body.

It is also strange to me that they were both apparently shot in the same location on the head. Coincidence? And from behind, so she would have heard shots, maybe would have gotten out of the car..,

If the shooter is right handed and grabbed them from behind by the hair or neck then shot point blank into the head, for no reason other than right handedness, the shots would be to right side of the head and could be said to be 'behind the right ear'. Unless the shooter has developed a particular technique or it's a shout out signature, it's probably more mundane than that.

If that’s true because I’ve never been at this complex and all the fences around here pretty much look the same, but if that’s the same location wouldn’t LE have video of the car being parked and left possibly with better images of the POI?
Video is likely from a tenant's ring camera. This site was probably chosen due to all the bad publicity, crime and safety violations of the place.

I guess it goes without saying that both the Kia perp and the dark truck people are VERY familiar with that apartment complex.

Enough so that I would believe they know people that live there.

It's also possible the Kia perp driver walked into an apartment there after parking the vehicle, or knew someone who would give him a ride out of the area.

Likewise, a person living in that apartment complex could have been the one to alert the sister-in-law of the car's location, after the Kia driver perp's presence had been cleared.

LE should be examining the relationships of people who live or frequent that complex, or the others in that group.

The locations of this exchange on video, the parked location of the car, and the information to the sister-in-law of SS do not seem random to me at all, and I suspect all connected.

Last edited:
In the case of her brother's murder, the mom tried to settle the dispute but the son's killer refused. (15-year-old brother and 18-year-old pregnant sister murdered just a year apart; Here's what we know) Then we had the melee in the court room.

Seems to me that this may all be tied to the initial issue and subsequent court altercation. The people on this video of the truck do not look like they are in their twenties or young people just doing a deal.

While it is heartbreaking to see the retribution and heartlessness about the importance of life, tragedy is more compounded by the idea that an innocent baby was so close to being born that if she had delivered him days earlier the baby would be alive even if someone wanted to kill his mother still.
WOW that might be enough to demand a hit on them. If that was the boyfriend involved in attacking the murderer of her brother, it does make me wonder if these murders were connected to that. If the mother tried to pay off the drug debt and the guy refused and killed the kid over it, then I wouldn't put it past him to request a hit based on that courtroom brawl. He was being punched by many before police got them off him.

Altho I find it unlikely his body would be carried around, this could make sense. Two people required to carry MG out, shoot SS, sling the baby seat from the rear on top of SS, shove MG in the back seat and then drive off to find a place to dump them where the vehicle will be undisturbed.

However, if MG was off to do a routine drug deal, this makes no sense in terms of why did they flee their home so fast, leaving a candle burning and her possessions behind, why take SS at all when she's just about to give birth?
Try inserting couple abducted from there apartment into the mix of why they flee their home so fast, leaving a candle burning and her possessions behind.

I guess it goes without saying that both the Kia perp and the dark truck people are VERY familiar with that apartment complex.

Enough so that I would believe they know people that live there.
Very true! But it’s not like that alley was pitch black or remote. Surely they knew someone would find the car in a few days, not long enough to destroy evidence. Why not dump in a river, behind an abandoned strip mall or business, etc. Then again we aren’t talking about logical thinking folks. All were probably on drugs.

Try inserting couple abducted from there apartment into the mix of why they flee their home so fast, leaving a candle burning and her possessions behind.

They must have been abducted. But how / why? Surely this hothead youngster wouldn't have gone along with 'being abducted' and how would no one notice two people abducting a man and heavily pregnant woman?

Video is likely from a tenant's ring camera. This site was probably chosen due to all the bad publicity, crime and safety violations of the place.
Ring cameras generally point straight out away from front door. This camera is at an angle to the building pointing down the parking lot.

I don't suggest you go there to scope out the cameras in the complex if it is as bad as you have said it is, but if you don't have anything to do this weekend and get bored, I'm sure not only me but a lot of others here would appreciate it. If you do go, pay particular attention to where the car was found parked and what cameras are pointing toward there and the spot where the KIA and POI truck are seen and what cameras are there. Take lots of pictures and maybe even a video or two showing us what you find. TIA

Ring cameras generally point straight out away from front door. This camera is at an angle to the building pointing down the parking lot.

I don't suggest you go there to scope out the cameras in the complex if it is as bad as you have said it is, but if you don't have anything to do this weekend and get bored, I'm sure not only me but a lot of others here would appreciate it. If you do go, pay particular attention to where the car was found parked and what cameras are pointing toward there and the spot where the KIA and POI truck are seen and what cameras are there. Take lots of pictures and maybe even a video or two showing us what you find. TIA
Hope the bad guys dont figure it out also and want revenge on the homeowner!

I’m starting to think that the couple had planned to meet someone who would have likely been in the back seat and would explain gun shot wound. At some point, transferred MG to backseat, placing car seat upfront and driving to meet the second or third person to exchange vehicles for unknown reasons. Instinct is that the heavier set person was responsible (ability to control) and might explain why they are wearing only a t-shirt, blood could have been on their outerwear.

Simply speculation and MOO.

Somebody drove through them the other night. I will pass. I don't want to be in a crime scene area. They had to change their name.

But you can read some of the complaints here:
Seven Oaks, Now Colinas Apartments

Last edited:

I’ve done some research where the video was taken and the optima is found appear to be in the same complex but not the same place. The car drove off in the direction of the location where the car was found. If it continued straight and then turns right it becomes the backside of the apartments there are no doors or balconies so no cameras. It looks very dark and there’s very few cars that even park back there. In the pic I saw there were only 2 cars parked the entire length of three buildings. The only other thing back there are dumpsters.

I'm trying to play catch-up here but and I'm on the video. 1st, I truly thought it was a woman, breasts and possibly pregnant plus couldn't get into the truck without using the step thingy. The shirt seems like a tank/muscle kind of shirt, I wear them and so does my husband ( not a wife beater) so not sure, and possible ponytail.
I also thought I saw someone else get out of the car (drivers side) and get into the truck, shorter, smaller stature. if that's legit then who climbed into the drivers seat to pull the car away? I need to go back and read more but I will agree that they were killed somewhere else. IMO. I think the car seat was put on the lap to make room for another person (another bad person). No pregnant woman will have that on top of them at that stage. Also her belongings, phone/baby bag, purse/ID, huge problem for me, This was a dump/hit kind of thing and I do think they will get caught. IMO

I'm somewhat editing my post, only because I keep watching the video. I will leave my original comment however, the person seems to adjust move their stomach so I don't think he/she is pregnant. I couldn't move mine that way. IMO

Last edited:
I always thought a 22 was a long shotgun but apparently not! I’m also thinking of the Alex Murdaugh case where his son was shot at close range and his brains hit the ceiling of the outbuilding and landed on the ground. Ugh. I didn’t realize you could shoot someone at close range and a bullet may not possibly leave the body.

It is also strange to me that they were both apparently shot in the same location on the head. Coincidence? And from behind, so she would have heard shots, maybe would have gotten out of the car..,
Small caliber weapons like the .22 were used quite a lot by professionals i.e OSS/CIA and Mossad. They're quiet, concealable and deadly at close range, especially when used in a situation like this. Trying to not get to graphic but basically it just bounces around in the skull and turns the brain to mush. Had a friend right out of high school who killed himself with a .22 and there was no exit wound.

I'm trying to play catch-up here but and I'm on the video. 1st, I truly thought it was a woman, breasts and possibly pregnant plus couldn't get into the truck without using the step thingy. The shirt seems like a tank/muscle kind of shirt, I wear them and so does my husband ( not a wife beater) so not sure, and possible ponytail.
I also thought I saw someone else get out of the car (drivers side) and get into the truck, shorter, smaller stature. if that's legit then who climbed into the drivers seat to pull the car away? I need to go back and read more but I will agree that they were killed somewhere else. IMO. I think the car seat was put on the lap to make room for another person (another bad person). No pregnant woman will have that on top of them at that stage. Also her belongings, phone/baby bag, purse/ID, huge problem for me, This was a dump/hit kind of thing and I do think they will get caught. IMO
IMO I think the car seat was placed over her head maybe to conceal if someone glanced in while driving or in parking lot.

Small caliber weapons like the .22 were used quite a lot by professionals i.e OSS/CIA and Mossad. They're quiet, concealable and deadly at close range, especially when used in a situation like this. Trying to not get to graphic but basically it just bounces around in the skull and turns the brain to mush. Had a friend right out of high school who killed himself with a .22 and there was no exit wound.
Yeah...Have also heard similar

I don’t understand why they have to shoot either of them but specifically why shoot a pregnant girl? They could have easily taken just him and leave her behind
I am sorry and saddened for Savanah and her baby
Her poor mum, 2 kids and a grandchild gone in such a violent way
And it isn’t easy for MG’s family either, they also lost a kid and a grandchild
I am no expert but would MG kill Savanah (and Fabian) and then himself? According to his dad he was excited about becoming a dad and ready to turn things around
This is a horrible situation for all involved
Can't have witnesses, hence the girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads