Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s wild to me that the car was supposedly in the apartment complex lot for “three or four days” with the bodies in the front and back seats (so not even concealed in the trunk) but no one said anything until the 26th? I know residents may have been gone due to the holiday but is this apartment not well occupied to begin with? Was the car rather hidden? Just kind of bizarre…and makes me think it possibly wasn’t actually there for that many days. MOO
i get the feeling its a dont ask dont tell kind of place

It’s wild to me that the car was supposedly in the apartment complex lot for “three or four days” with the bodies in the front and back seats (so not even concealed in the trunk) but no one said anything until the 26th? I know residents may have been gone due to the holiday but is this apartment not well occupied to begin with? Was the car rather hidden? Just kind of bizarre…and makes me think it possibly wasn’t actually there for that many days. MOO
The parking place the car was located is on the backside of the apartments and doesn’t appear to be used much, as you would have to walk around to the front of buildings to gain access. There are dumpsters back there but a lot of times people just drive dump their trash and go not really paying attention

The family were alerted within a couple of hours of the correct number plate being issued to the media …
People may have seen a Kia there, from a distance, but the rego didn’t match so they discounted it???? JMO

By the news footage, that showed Detectives and Police on scene, peering closely into the windows … I don’t think you could see much from a distance …IMO

From the video and the maps I think the car was right down the back of a huge complex …. and there did not appear to be very many other cars all the way down there .so less foot traffic of people to see it …

Police would know exactly how long the car had been there (3-4 days) with that video footage released of the “meet up“ prior to dumping the car …
I am thinking it was between 72hrs - 96hrs, so easier for police to say 3 -4 days rather than give the exact time…. (Time also withheld for purposes of the investigation ..)

I am thinking that the car was dumped there on the Friday night sometime, after the murders, and it was found on the Tuesday afternoon, so technically not the full time of 96hours (4 days) … but JMO

JMO

Last edited:
Car fires attract a ton of attention. They would need access to private property outside the city to get away with it.

I thought maybe they could have hidden a vehicle at a park? But then, parks are patrolled by park police.
So dumpy apartment complex it is....

Chrissy Powell's vehicle was parked for three weeks behind a Saltgrass Steak House at a nice shopping center before anyone noticed it with her body in it. (Chrissy died of natural causes). Everyone was looking for Chrissy Powell.

Maybe they thought it would be months before anyone noticed the vehicle at this dark place?
Emily quijano amiron (Utah) her car was parked at an apt complex for like MONTHS before being found. Their bodies weren’t in it but they were missing for a long time. Ppl just don’t pay attn

Texas is a private property state. You need decent money to locate a place to burn the vehicle. Everything is "no trespassing".

I don't think the guys who did this had money.
I get you but honestly I was wondering why they didn’t do this myself. In ca they don’t gaf they will torch it anywhere.

Any updates today, 1-1-2024 after this post?
Not really. I really don't quite "get" the first article. But it was in my news feed.

There really isn't any new info on the investigation.

I can't remember if this was posted on WS previously:

SAN ANTONIO — The family of Savanah Soto says they are upset about social media comments about Savanah and Matthew. They are also asking the public to quit playing detective, and let police do their job, so they can get justice.

The family says move of the comments they are seeing on social media are hurtful, and they want it to stop. They also say people are sharing a lot of misinformation into the investigation.

Last edited:
Not really. I really don't quite "get" the first article. But it was in my news feed.

There really isn't any new info on the investigation.

Thank you, I didn’t see anything new posted and was wondering.

Since Gonzales has been in office he has prosecuted more than 100 capital murder cases.
“We’ve only made the election to seek death twice in my office during my administration, one in which we resolved before we went to trial," said Gonzales.
The one that went to trial was the case of Otis McKane.

He murdered San Antonio Police Detective Benjamin Marconi in 2016.

MOO, to me it sounds like it might be unlikely that they seek a Death Penalty. DA said only twice has that been the case in his time. I listened to the video and was thinking how the perps feel facing either the DP or LWOP. They say they hope for arrests soon, so I wonder if they have their eyes on the perps.

< RSBMFF >

I can't remember if this was posted on WS previously:

SAN ANTONIO — The family of Savanah Soto says they are upset about social media comments about Savanah and Matthew. They are also asking the public to quit playing detective, and let police do their job, so they can get justice.

The family says move of the comments they are seeing on social media are hurtful, and they want it to stop. They also say people are sharing a lot of misinformation into the investigation.

Of course, the families want SM to stop the chatter because it is exposing the alleged illicit activities of the young victims. MGs telegram acct is filled with posts about his dealings in drugs that can be found in various YT videos now.

MGs vigil is today at 4pm at Woodlawn Park with his viewing scheduled for JAN 8 at Mission Park Funeral Home. [KSAT]

Family of slain Matthew Guerra sets vigil, public viewing dates

I know residents may have been gone due to the holiday but is this apartment not well occupied to begin with? Was the car rather hidden? Just kind of bizarre…and makes me think it possibly wasn’t actually there for that many days. MOO
Are you familiar with some of the apartment complexes in Mesquite, Texas (could not help myself on seeing your forum name)?

Building permits are (or perhaps were) easy to obtain in Texas. Likewise, land is (or was) relatively cheap. This combination led to some older apartment complexes being built with Texas sized parking lots as purchasing the lots was cost prohibitive and the idea of sized up lots was not likely to run into permit / zoning problems.

The end result is that unlike say, LA where every lot is tailored to the minimum needed size, and everyone must park close to each other, older complexes in Texas can feature little used back lots, and maybe even "back back" lots.

I was surprised to read that Matthew's family are holding a viewing. I must have misunderstood what someone who passed in that way would look like. I hope they have security there.

It may be that the "viewing" is actually the visitation at the funeral home and that it will be a closed coffin, but the visitation/"viewing" will be open to the public -- i.e. not just family but friends of the deceased as well.

JMO.

edited for clarity

Of course, the families want SM to stop the chatter because it is exposing the alleged illicit activities of the young victims. MGs telegram acct is filled with posts about his dealings in drugs that can be found in various YT videos now.

MGs vigil is today at 4pm at Woodlawn Park with his viewing scheduled for JAN 8 at Mission Park Funeral Home. [KSAT]

Family of slain Matthew Guerra sets vigil, public viewing dates
But there is plain old BS going around. Nothing to do with MG, but all sorts people who are mad at people who aren't even related to this case and people posting pictures of random people.

It's Savanah's family who are complaining in the article.

Wondering if MG brought SS with him because he was afraid of leaving her home? Perhaps he knew someone was not happy with him?
IMO MOO More likely as a ‘cover’ = young couple out driving as opposed to young man off to do a deal -or- if he was in dispute with someone such as a supplier he owed money, to appeal for leniency = gimme a break, look here’s my wife due to have our baby tomorrow. However since SS 15 y/o brother allegedly got shot dead over only $60 debt then that seems an unwise appeal.

Likewise I believe the perps may be a male and female as I do think that video may show a female briefly exiting the driver seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member