TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deplorable *advertiser censored*. He slit their throats and then went to work for 8 hours.

Oh, and he stopped to pick up bagels for his co-workers on the way in.

I hope they can get him on video, ordering Bagels and cream cheese, and bantering calmly with the shop keeper, while he pays the bill. Should play well for the State when they show it to the jurors. :jail:

Deplorable *advertiser censored*. He slit their throats and then went to work for 8 hours.

Oh, and he stopped to pick up bagels for his co-workers on the way in.

Where are you getting the bagel info?

(Specifies that he got coffee for his coworkers there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was in the original version of the article, I missed it:

One of Vandewege’s attorneys, Steve Gordon, has traveled to Colorado to meet with him, according to a statement emailed from attorney Leslie Barrows. Vandewege has waived extradition and will be brought back to Texas by law enforcement officials, his attorneys said.

“Meanwhile, we have begun our own independent investigation into the deaths of Shanna and Diederik,” the statement said. “Their funerals will take place this coming Tuesday. Now, we respectfully request that everyone interested in this matter, please allow the families time and space to privately grieve during this especially difficult time for these families also observing Christmas and Hanukkah.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article122647359.html#storylink=cpy

i got two emails from his attorney in the past two days that pretty much says the above verbatim. Tried to post ss of them but can't figure out how to do so.

About the Colorado homes. . . Shanna and Craig separately owned homes in Colorado prior to their marriage in 2014.

I find Weld County property public records as follows:
https://searchicris.co.weld.co.us/recorder/web/

Shanna had a home on Sunrise Circle in Dacono. 1065
Craig had a home on Aspen Street in Fort Lupton. 1807

Shanna’s house:
02/25/2010 - purchased property in name of SHANNA STARCHOK (1[SUP]ST[/SUP] marriage name).
08/12/2013 - a Quit Claim Deed was recorded - from SHANNA STARCHOK to SHANNA RIDDLE (maiden name).
12/17/2014 - Shanna sold this house, per recorded Warranty Deed.
Sold for $215,0000 - http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1065-Sunrise-Cir-Dacono-CO-80514/52601979_zpid/

Craig’s house:
02/25/2008 - purchased property.
06/02/2014 - Quit Claim Deed and Affidavit of Trust were recorded - from CRAIG ALAN VANDEWEGE to CRAIG ALAN VANDEWEGE LIVING TRUST.
Also on 06/02/2014 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE for SHANNA DANEE RIDDLE and CRAIG ALAN VANDEWEGE was recorded.
12/07/2016 - Craig sold house. Per recorded Warranty Deed, transfer from CRAIG ALAN VANDEWEGE LIVING TRUST to purchasers.
Sold for $280,000 - https://www.trulia.com/homes/Colorado/Fort_Lupton/sold/305120-1807-Aspen-St-Fort-Lupton-CO-80621

The arrest warrant states he stopped at Einstein Bagels on his way into work.

I think I missed a chunk of the document. Going back to read again. Thanks!

And, I bet his co-workers are sick to their stomachs knowing now what happened that morning.

jmo

Ok. I don't know if posting stuff that I hear is ok... if not I'm sure it will be edited or deleted. I have a very close relative who recently moved from out of state to go work at the same Costco as CV-#1173. My relative and CV both are managers. Here's what I've been told from the family member ....(I've waited too post until his arrest)...... I asked my relative if he worked with this CV individual..... " you mean 'Crazy Craig? Yeah, he's also a manager with me. BTW-he did it'...... the day of, he locked himself into a conference room and had to be coerced out. He lied about his timeline at work and Costco has told the police the inconsistencies....." on Tuesday, CV actually went to work......

(Specifies that he got coffee for his coworkers there.)

Thanks for the correction, Bees.

I just re-read the warrant and noticed that CV told LE he bought coffee for his co-workers at the bagel shop; doesn't state he actually bought bagels.

Still deplorable, and probably CV's pitiful attempt to justify being late for work that day.

Remember when her dad said he just couldn't see any way that CV would be involved in this? And someone commented that the same thing happened in the Laci Peterson case? Just goes to show you....

I remember the Laci Peterson case well, and I remember that right after Laci's disappearance, Laci's mother Sharon initially said that there was no way her son-in-law Scott was involved. But when Scott's girlfriend came forward, Sharon realized that Scott had a secret life and the truth dawned on her.

i got two emails from his attorney in the past two days that pretty much says the above verbatim. Tried to post ss of them but can't figure out how to do so.

Click on the square image box in the quick reply menu (top of box, second row).

The insert window will pop up. Click on 'from computer' tab and you can then browse for your saved screenshot.

You can preview your post with ss image by clicking on "Go Advanced" below the quick reply box.

Hope that helps.

Scott Peterson should have been barbequed like Frank Bennett in Fried Green Tomatoes.

Looks like the husband was a loner which makes me believe he is a video gamer that got caught up in a fantasy thrill kill.

Do you have any evidence of this?

Despite what some media would like you to believe, not all video games are violent. In fact they're more commonly not, or only violent in a very cartoonish way in the same way the vast majority of movies are. Video games are also increasingly a social experience. The average 'gamer' is actually like to be a middle-aged female these days. It's a billion dollar industry and millions of people game every day.

I don't think that speculation is fair without evidence and even if he did, games don't make someone violent. Just like movies, books, and music don't either.

Ok. I don't know if posting stuff that I hear is ok... if not I'm sure it will be edited or deleted. I have a very close relative who recently moved from out of state to go work at the same Costco as CV-#1173. My relative and CV both are managers. Here's what I've been told from the family member ....(I've waited too post until his arrest)...... I asked my relative if he worked with this CV individual..... " you mean 'Crazy Craig? Yeah, he's also a manager with me. BTW-he did it'...... the day of, he locked himself into a conference room and had to be coerced out. He lied about his timeline at work and Costco has told the police the inconsistencies....." on Tuesday, CV actually went to work......

I really don't know who your friend is but he worked at location 489. He did work at 1173 for a week to train under the optical manager there.

Do you have any evidence of this?

Despite what some media would like you to believe, not all video games are violent. In fact they're more commonly not, or only violent in a very cartoonish way in the same way the vast majority of movies are. Video games are also increasingly a social experience. The average 'gamer' is actually like to be a middle-aged female these days. It's a billion dollar industry and millions of people game every day.

I don't think that speculation is fair without evidence and even if he did, games don't make someone violent. Just like movies, books, and music don't either.

I stated in my post that it was my opinion . I didn't say it was a fact. Other posters have speculated that that the husband was abusive or could have put herbs in Shanna's tea to cause her to miscarry. They didn't post evidence, they just stated their opinion. We are allow our opinions and I respect other opinions with out asking for evidence if it's just an opinion.

There are a lot of violent video games that can cause problems for certain ppl that distort true reality. I didn't say video games are bad but there are a lot of them that are not healthy. I wasn't putting down gamers.I have teens that play games and I have seen some raunchy ones in stores when I accompany them at times.

I'm just chiming in with this. I read the arrest warrant and on page 5 (I believe), it's mentioned that CV spent a good deal of time sleeping while at the station for his initial interview. Of course this is strictly an anecdotal opinion, but my husband (ex-LE) says the guilty always sleep. The innocent are are far too distraught, nervous to rest. JMHHO (just my hubby's humble opinion)

I'm just chiming in with this. I read the arrest warrant and on page 5 (I believe), it's mentioned that CV spent a good deal of time sleeping while at the station for his initial interview. Of course this is strictly an anecdotal opinion, but my husband (ex-LE) says the guilty always sleep. The innocent are are far too distraught, nervous to rest. JMHHO (just my hubby's humble opinion)

Good point, hubby. That detail about sleeping was strange to me. I thought perhaps it was the result of drugs.

I can't imagine falling asleep at the police station after your wife and child were killed....but your husband's idea might be on the mark.

jmo

How do they sleep? I mean, sitting in the interrogation room? Or lying down somewhere? Trying to picture it, don't know how these things work ...

How do they sleep? I mean, sitting in the interrogation room? Or lying down somewhere? Trying to picture it, don't know how these things work ...

I don't know! My guess that whenever there was a break, he would put his head down and sleep. No details were provided, though.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back