TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he just snapped first and then improvised the cover-up. Jmo.

Because lets say he loved that new house and job and wanted to be a bachelor.

Then why not kill by other means for less blood and then get rid of the bodies and say that your wife and child is missing and hasn't been home or seen that night or the next morning?

Plus he didn't stick around to try to pull off the lie.

So maybe he wanted to go back to Colorado and not settle down in Texas.

Jmo.

BBM.

Would it be considered a snap if it turns out to be true that he'd been thinking and talking about murdering his family months before he followed through? I'm not sure, from a legal perspective. Sounds more like maybe it was a festering and growing desire.

I'm wondering if CV was worried that he was going to be demoted or fired? Based on the arrest warrant, sounds like his manager was not pleased with CV's performance. And, given that Shanna had decided not to go back to work right away, CV might have been increasingly resentful about both lack of freedom and shouldering the financial burden of two dependents?

Interesting, to me, that he allegedly dreamed of slicing the heads off his spouse and his father just days before the murders. For a lot of men, I think, the two people who are most disappointed in them when they fail to behave like responsible adults/providers are their wives and their dads. I don't know if it means anything, just thinking that maybe that alleged dream was telling in terms of motive.

BBM.

Would it be considered a snap if it turns out to be true that he'd been thinking and talking about murdering his family months before he followed through? I'm not sure, from a legal perspective. Sounds more like maybe it was a festering an growing desire.

I'm wondering if CV was worried that he was going to be demoted or fired? Based on the arrest warrant, sounds like his manager was not pleased with CV's performance. And, given that Shanna had decided not to go back to work right away, CV might have been increasingly resentful about both lack of freedom and shouldering the financial burden of two dependents?

Interesting, to me, that he allegedly dreamed of slicing the heads off his spouse and his father just days before the murders. For a lot of men, I think, the two people who are most disappointed in them when they fail to behave like responsible adults/providers are their wives and their dads. I don't know if it means anything, just thinking that maybe that alleged dream was telling in terms of motive.

Unless he has a 500k policy on her and child; Then I doubt that this was for financial gain because she wasn't going back to work 3 months after having a child.

Now you are right. This creepy hubby may have plotted to kill her for a long time.

But dang. It seems like he never thought about getting away with this by simply stabbing them.

So imo. It was more anger than the actual planning of being a innocent hubby. Jmo but I respect yours as well.

CV was obviously thinking about killing his wife for months. He indicated to his co-worker that he wanted to push his pregnant wife down the stairs .
These murders were premediated -He just did not know how to get away with murder! Most criminals do not, hence he is your average dumb criminal!

Actually, I think we're largely on the same page, Dexter. IMO, you're right about CV wanting to live the life of a bachelor.

I wasn't really pondering financial gain in my post -- more so whether CV increasingly saw his family as hindering his personal freedoms + financial burdens + potential hits to his ego/image if he were to bail or fail as a provider.

IMO, CV seems like the kind of person who cares a lot about how he's perceived. He considers himself an "awsome Superhero", after all.

But, you bring up a really good point that could push me more towards financial gain as the primary motive -- did CV have sizable life insurance policies on Diederik and/or Shanna?

Also, I remain very curious as to what happened to Shanna's jewelry which CV claimed was stolen during the robbery/murders. If it was insured and/or pawned, that would also lead me to believe that financial gain/money was the likely primary motive (as opposed to the jewelry instead being given to another woman or being hidden to make the robbery scenario seem more plausible).

Anyway, CV is still holed up in the Garlfield County jail -- he's been there 6 days now. IMO, LE is probably investigating the same things we're discussing here in hopes of pinning down more incriminating circumstantial evidence prior to his extradition back to Texas for charging. It's also possible that CV's talking away to other inmates or LE in Colorado and it's better to leave him there for as long as possible.

I was thinking he may have a mental illness that caused this homicidal ideation, and eventually he acted on it. But he had spent his time time fantasising about the actual killing, and hadn't planned what to do afterwards or how to cover his tracks. The fact that he told a co-worker about his fantasies makes me lean towards genuine mental illness, as that was not a rational thing to do if he was expecting to murder them and get away with it. Mentally ill doesn't mean legally insane though, and I don't think an insanity defence will work for him. He may have had a homicidal ideation, but so do lots of people. He could have resisted or sought help.

so much yasssss.....

Also guilty. My oldest baby is 21, my youngest is 14. As a result, I'm blessed with curves I lacked 25 years ago. Some awesome, some less so. My hubby seems to love me as I am (as I do him). It's a shame that Shanna (and so many other women who are married to evil men) can't be appreciated for all that they bring to the world. Love, brains, humor, compassion, honesty, nurturing, drive, wisdom are all so much more valuable than a 'thigh gap'.

I was thinking he may have a mental illness that caused this homicidal ideation, and eventually he acted on it. But he had spent his time time fantasising about the actual killing, and hadn't planned what to do afterwards or how to cover his tracks. The fact that he told a co-worker about his fantasies makes me lean towards genuine mental illness, as that was not a rational thing to do if he was expecting to murder them and get away with it. Mentally ill doesn't mean legally insane though, and I don't think an insanity defence will work for him. He may have had a homicidal ideation, but so do lots of people. He could have resisted or sought help.

I am leaning toward this as well. I think he is mentally ill. But whatever the case, it's clear (imo) that he knew right from wrong and he does not have any excuse whatsoever for killing a sleeping woman and a newborn child.

I also think the situation with the female co-worker is somehow related in his mind. I am wondering if he was trying to make the murder look like it was committed by his co-worker. HIs fantasy could be to get rid of his wife and child while at the same time bring down his co-worker. I'm sure he felt justified in all of that and it would be quite an accomplishment that in his egotistical mind thought he was capable of pulling off.

I don't think he snapped that morning. I think this crime was brewing for a long while.

jmopinion

That could be.

Homicidal ideation is a common medical term for thoughts about homicide. There is a range of homicidal thoughts which spans from vague ideas of revenge to detailed and fully formulated plans without the act itself. Many people who have homicidal ideation do not commit homicide.

So far, we only know of CV telling one female co-worker about his homicidal wish and dream. If he only told her and they had developed a private/personal relationship with a degree of trust, it would seem less irrational to me than telling casual acquaintances or mere co-workers.

IMO, he knew exactly what he was doing. After slitting their throats - hard to type that - he ransacked
his house "pretending" that he was burglarized.

IMO, he knew exactly what he was doing. After slitting their throats - hard to type that - he ransacked
his house "pretending" that he was burglarized.

And only "burglarized" stuff that belonged to her.

For felony charges, Article I, Section 10 of the Texas Constitution requires prosecutors to go to the grand jury to seek an indictment before officially filing criminal charges. http://www.mytexasdefenselawyer.com/texas-criminal-court-procedures/

I wasn't aware that Texas was one of the 23 states that require a grand jury indictment before felony charges can be filed.

That could be another reason CV is still incarcerated in Colorado on misdemeanor charges; buying Texas prosecutors more time to get their ducks in a row and convene a grand during a holiday period.

For felony charges, Article I, Section 10 of the Texas Constitution requires prosecutors to go to the grand jury to seek an indictment before officially filing criminal charges. http://www.mytexasdefenselawyer.com/texas-criminal-court-procedures/

I wasn't aware that Texas was one of the 23 states that require a grand jury indictment before felony charges can be filed.

That could be another reason CV is still incarcerated in Colorado on misdemeanor charges; buying Texas prosecutors more time to get their ducks in a row and convene a grand during a holiday period.
Thanks for this link. I wondered what the hold up might be, I think you are right.
I had wondered what the hold up was.
He best enjoy his stay up there, its the last trip he will ever take. Texas will be home until he dies. Texas will put him on death row. As my mother would say, he made his bed - lay in it. I really do not like this man.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Per Tarrant County public criminal records;

2gIhrL

The latest court docket for Tarrant County, Texas shows a new prosecutor and a designated defense attorney for CV's January 12th initial court appearance on the double murder charges.

Lisa Callaghan is now the Tarrant County prosecutor assigned. She's recently been involved in convicting murderous Aryan Brotherhood gang members. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article44883915.html

Steve Gordon will be representing CV. His bio reflects years of private defense attorney experience, along with serving as a legal consultant to MSNBC and CNN. He started off in the Tarrant County DA's office and had been the Chief Prosecutor in the Family Violence Unit. http://www.stevegordonandassociates.com/?page_id=10

For now, CV remains incarcerated in Garfield County, Colorado.

Father of Texas Mom Allegedly Killed by Husband Describes 'Change of Heart' About Son-in-Law Since Arrest - People
https://apple.news/APvcyXiTGTeSX1s-6HpvC5g

"[Shanna's father, Mark] Riddle tells PEOPLE his daughter moved to Texas in May —*five months after Vandewege relocated to Fort Worth to find a house for them to live in.

“'She was just gonna come up here for Christmas,' Riddle tells PEOPLE, fighting back tears. 'I guess we had her home for Christmas … just not in the fashion we wanted.'

"Riddle says he has been in touch with Vandewege’s family since the murders. Vandewege’s relatives attended Shanna’s funeral on Dec. 27 and Riddle says they have been 'very supportive' since the double-homicide.

"Riddle says he will attend all of Vandewege’s upcoming court appearances and acknowledges he’s still having a hard time wrapping his head around what happened."

Such heartache, all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father of Texas Mom Allegedly Killed by Husband Describes 'Change of Heart' About Son-in-Law Since Arrest - People
https://apple.news/APvcyXiTGTeSX1s-6HpvC5g

"[Shanna's father, Mark] Riddle tells PEOPLE his daughter moved to Texas in May —*five months after Vandewege relocated to Fort Worth to find a house for them to live in.

“'She was just gonna come up here for Christmas,' Riddle tells PEOPLE, fighting back tears. 'I guess we had her home for Christmas … just not in the fashion we wanted.'

"Riddle says he has been in touch with Vandewege’s family since the murders. Vandewege’s relatives attended Shanna’s funeral on Dec. 27 and Riddle says they have been 'very supportive' since the double-homicide.

"Riddle says he will attend all of Vandewege’s upcoming court appearances and acknowledges he’s still having a hard time wrapping his head around what happened."

Such heartache, all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So hubby was in Texas for 5 months before she got there?

Hmmm. He definitely was probably doing the bachelor thing for those 5 months and then finally snapped a few months after her arrival.

I wonder if he knew Shanna was pregnant before he left for Texas. Perhaps he never really intended for her to follow.

I wonder if he knew Shanna was pregnant before he left for Texas. Perhaps he never really intended for her to follow.
Sort of like Mark Hacking, who was leading a bogus life (told everyone he was accepted into med school and was even preparing to move across the country to supposedly attend school). When family members, including his pregnant wife Lori, discovered his lies and confronted him, he murdered his wife while she was sleeping. In this case, I think CV was leading a secret life. Did Shanna uncover it? Maybe she found something on his computer and confronted him about it, and then he killed her in her sleep? Then killed little Diederik, too, because he didn't want to be "burdened" with a baby?

I wonder too.

- Shanna gave birth to Diederik in September 2016, so she must have gotten pregnant in January 2016 (if he was not born prematurely or late).

- Shanna moved to Texas in May 2016, five months after Craig relocated there, according to Shanna's dad.

- So, Craig must have moved to Texas in January 2016 - around the same time Shanna got pregnant.

Like others here, I'm also curious regarding the three miscarriages Shanna reportedly suffered when she and Craig were still living in Colorado.

I wonder too.

- Shanna gave birth to Diederik in September 2016, so she must have gotten pregnant in January 2016 (if he was not born prematurely or late).

- Shanna moved to Texas in May 2016, five months after Craig relocated there, according to Shanna's dad.

- So, Craig must have moved to Texas in January 2016 - around the same time Shanna got pregnant.

Like others here, I'm also curious regarding the three miscarriages Shanna reportedly suffered when she and Craig were still living in Colorado.

Self delete, I was mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC