GUILTY TX - Shavon Randle, 13, taken against will, murdered, Lancaster, 28 June 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Three Indicted in Connection of Kidnapping of Shavon Randle: Dallas DA

August 24, 2017

The Dallas County District Attorney's office announced the indictment of three people in connection with the kidnapping of 13-year-old Shavon Randle. Randle was kidnapped June 28 and found dead in an abandoned home in July.

A Dallas County Grand Jury indicted Desmond Jones, 22, Devontae Owens, 24, and Laquon Wilkerson, 30, each for the offense of aggravated kidnapping -- a first degree felony that, if convicted, carries a maximum punishment of life in prison.

“Today was the latest step in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance and death of thirteen-year old Shavon Randle," Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson said in a statement Thursday. "These indictments do not end our investigation into this tragedy. We will continue to follow the evidence and will not stop until all those involved are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Lancaster is way too far from TX. I hope she's found now. Prayers for her safety and comfort for her family.

[video=twitter;897512512148697088]https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/897512512148697088[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this some kind of a appropriate thing? Dallas Texas really need some defender in order to protect the people.

Not a peep on this , Dallas DA Faith Johnson, just a reminder you said you wont let this one go cold.....is pretty cooled off now , no one has been charged. You cant tell me that 6 people like these can keep their mouth shut, either this is really big (doubt it ) or she just wont get justice (not surprised)

http://www.fox4news.com/news/suspect-in-lancaster-teens-murder-goes-to-federal-court

Suspect in Lancaster teen's murder case goes to federal court

While several suspects are in custody, no one has been charged with Shavon’s murder to this day

One of the suspects in a complex murder case of a North Texas teen at the center of an Amber Alert was in federal court on Tuesday....Tuesday’s hearing focused on 27-year-old Darius Fields. The federal weapons case is connected to the 2017 kidnapping and murder of Shavon.....He says it seems like authorities are in the posture of get a conviction however you can... The indictment indicates Fields was tracked to a Dallas hotel room by investigators trying to locate the kidnapped girl. Detectives found ammunition in the hotel room and an AK-47 pistol inside a vehicle Fields was driving.

“I think it's a classic example like going after Al Capone for tax charges instead of murder,” Roper said. “You take the most readily provable offense you can go after someone for.

knowing what happens around here , I suspect Darius is worried about more than LE and I don't think for 1 second that they are going to be able to keep him safe unless he is totally in solitary confinement . So I will be surprised if he is around for long...

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...ase-found-guilty-on-gun-charges/287-537444047

After a three-day trial in federal court this week, Fields was found guilty of being a felon in possession of a firearm and two other gun possession charges.

Fields, already a convicted felon, was on police radar because of a tip that he “had a history of kidnapping people,” according to a criminal complaint. Randle had been reported missing after getting caught in the middle of a drug deal gone wrong.

A “large amount of narcotics” was stolen from a group of people that included Fields, according to the complaint.

Police tracked Fields cell phone to an Irving motel, and searched his room because of his potential connection to Randle’s disappearance. Officers found a firearm in plain view in the motel room and another in Fields’ car in the parking lot.

More at link...

had a HISTORY of kidnapping people ? I have found no background on him anyone better at that than me ?

had a HISTORY of kidnapping people ? I have found no background on him anyone better at that than me ?

Yeah, it was disclosed in last year's article...good summary also as a refresher on case .

"The arrest affidavit says the co-worker told Ledoris that one of the men who had the narcotics stolen was Fields and that “Fields has a history with kidnapping people.”"

http://amp.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article159394819.html

To your point perhaps, I have never researched legal cases to find out if this is true. I only am reflecting what mainstream had said.

"LANCASTER
A 13-year-old girl found dead over the weekend was kidnapped and held for ransom over the theft of marijuana, according to an affidavit.

Shortly after Shavon Randle was taken from a relative’s home on Wednesday, a suspect called and advised a relative, “Give us our s--- back or we are going to kill her,” the arrest warrant affidavit stated"

“A history with kidnapping people” does not always mean a criminal history of doing so... say a dude wrongs him in an illegal transaction, he takes dudes girl, dude doesn’t report it because in doing so,he would implicate himself... he rights whatever wrong was committed with DF. Girl goes back to dude with maybe a few bruises, no harm no foul in the drug world... now, DF “has a history with kidnapping people” but no “record”...

MOO only and very hypothetical :)

“A history with kidnapping people” does not always mean a criminal history of doing so... say a dude wrongs him in an illegal transaction, he takes dudes girl, dude doesn’t report it because in doing so,he would implicate himself... he rights whatever wrong was committed with DF. Girl goes back to dude with maybe a few bruises, no harm no foul in the drug world... now, DF “has a history with kidnapping people” but no “record”...

MOO only and very hypothetical :)

your right I was not thinking that way but yes I get it , all too well ugh!

One year later, no murder charges in killing of Lancaster teen Shavon Randle

Five people were arrested on various charges connected to her disappearance. Darius Fields and LaPorshya Polley were found guilty on federal gun charges earlier this year and are set for sentencing on Sept. 29.

Desmond Jones is set for trial Oct. 22. Devontae Owens made a court appearance last week and is scheduled for trial early next year. Laquon Wilkerson does not have a trial date yet.

Former prosecutor Russel Wilson, who is not involved in the case, said the state just doesn’t know with certainty who killed Randle.

Why does the article with the search warrants say drugs were being dealt from Shavon's home? Who was dealing them?

New here but a search of dallas county public records shows:
Laporshya Polley- Dwi & Resisting arrest
Devontae Owens- UCW & Assault FV
Darius Fields- Deadly conduct x3, Fail to ID fugitive, Poss CS 4G Coc, AA/DW, Poss MJ, Theft 50
Michael Titus-Burg Veh x3,UCW x2,Theft 2500, Eng Org Crime, UUMV
Can you show a link on what site you go to in order to search public record? You seem good ar it and I want to check something on another case! Please and thanks!

Woman arrested after Lancaster teen's slaying gets 4 years in prison on federal gun charges | Crime | Dallas News

Two days before Shavon was reported missing, Kendall Perkins stole $150,000 worth of drugs from Fields, Devontae Owens and Polley at a Motel 6 in Lancaster, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Police documents said Shavon was kidnapped "in retaliation" for a June 26, 2017, drug robbery. Perkins is the boyfriend of Shavon's cousin.

The charges stem from a May 2017 purchase at DFW Gun Range. Polley bought an FN "Five-seveN" handgun from the store and claimed she was buying the firearm for herself, documents show.

Officials said she actually bought the gun for her boyfriend, Darius Fields, a convicted felon who is not legally permitted to buy firearms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back