Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities at the NGO in Bihar’s Nalanda, where three-year-old Saraswati stayed before she was adopted by a US-based couple more than a year ago, recall that the girl was not stubborn and drank her morning milk with the other children without any fuss.

“Saraswati was less than two-years-old when she was adopted. Though the couple could have adopted a child from anywhere in India, they showed preference for Bihar. Saraswati lived with us for about a year after she was rescued from Gaya where she was probably abandoned by her parents,” she said.

Asked if Saraswati was stubborn in refusing to drink milk, Babita Kumari said: “As a small NGO, we could provide milk to only 50-odd children in the morning. After all children would line up, we would offer them milk and they drank it without any fuss. Saraswati would also eat whatever was given to her. We are shocked to learn that she has gone missing”.

Babita said that the US-based couple adopted Saraswati as they wanted a sibling for their daughter, a year older than Saraswati. “We will pray that the girl is recovered soon”, said Babita.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ted-from-nalanda-missing-in-texas-us-4892279/

Beautiful little cutie.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22450001_10155769272738064_253586290656733833_n.jpg
    22450001_10155769272738064_253586290656733833_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 586
Authorities at the NGO in Bihar’s Nalanda, where three-year-old Saraswati stayed before she was adopted by a US-based couple more than a year ago, recall that the girl was not stubborn and drank her morning milk with the other children without any fuss.

“Saraswati was less than two-years-old when she was adopted. Though the couple could have adopted a child from anywhere in India, they showed preference for Bihar. Saraswati lived with us for about a year after she was rescued from Gaya where she was probably abandoned by her parents,” she said.

Asked if Saraswati was stubborn in refusing to drink milk, Babita Kumari said: “As a small NGO, we could provide milk to only 50-odd children in the morning. After all children would line up, we would offer them milk and they drank it without any fuss. Saraswati would also eat whatever was given to her. We are shocked to learn that she has gone missing”.

Babita said that the US-based couple adopted Saraswati as they wanted a sibling for their daughter, a year older than Saraswati. “We will pray that the girl is recovered soon”, said Babita.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ted-from-nalanda-missing-in-texas-us-4892279/
That's not a very relevant point regarding the milk. If they didn't have enough milk for every child and could only give it to the first 50 how do you compare that to trying to make your child drink milk as often as possible.

Believe me, I definitely think the father did something, I just don't get why they're comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looking at the above pic of Sherin in the party dress, I just don't see her as significantly underweight. She may be petite, but her proportions look pretty standard for a toddler. I also think dealing with two languages in such a short period of time might be primarily responsible for any language delays. All MOO.

Just a random piece of info....Most homes in Texas for whatever reason, especially in that area, this home included, the front of the house is not where the garage is. The garage is behind the home, and that is where the garage opens into an alley and all the neighbors backyards and alleys face each other. Just how they do it there. They have alleys behind their houses.

If you watch this video of the house you will notice you dont see the garage because they are in front of the house. Dont know if this is helpful but thought Id share. When I moved to Texas it was one of those things I wasnt used to.

Here it is! The video of the gentleman/neighbor who had authorities visit him 5x about his footage.

https://youtu.be/wEUg3u1wAzU
1:35 min mark

(Had to repost this. Tried to make an edit/spelling correction and somehow deleted my entire post again)

I seem to remember another video where the person says they were asked not to reveal what was on their footage. I will keep digging. I remember seeing it but don't remember if it was the same gentleman as the video I just reposted or another gentleman.

I don't think it's odd that LE is asking the neighbor to be quiet about the video. It is evidence and will be presented in the court (should someone be charged). LE wants to remain in control of the investigation and keep info closely held. I understand that (even though I want to know what's on the tape!). Asking the neighbor to be quiet doesn't give us any clues about what's on the tape - it could simply be a car driving by.

We don't know yet what is on that tape, but I bet eventually we will.

jmopinion

Re the neighbor's surveillance video that was seen 5x by LE:

It's true that many of the homes are designed with rear garages/drives backing onto an alley. There are a few exceptions, though. Where the street backs up to a more major road, the homes may have front driveways and garages, due to *not* having alleys.

JMHO, but I believe the video that LE are so interested in *may* not be that of a homeowner who lived on the same street, but of a homeowner who lived nearby whose home backed up to a major thoroughfare (eg. Centennial), and whose rear camera may have captured traffic there. That would explain his saying the car was "whizzing" by at high rate of speed (you can't work up a "whiz" on a residential street that turns a corner in either direction half way down the block).

I believe LE may have video of the maroon car whizzing down Centennial towards Central that morning around 4am and returning back before 5am. JMO, IMO.

That's not a very relevant point regarding the milk. If they didn't have enough milk for every child and could only give it to the first 50 how do you compare that to trying to make your child drink milk as often as possible.

Believe me, I definitely think the father did something, I just don't get why they're comparing apples to oranges.

Think theyre saying she was not stubborn like the Dad says, basically.

Was SO hoping and praying this beautiful girl would be found this past weekend. Are they just going to stop all searches? I have heard of no effort to organize at all.

While it's possible to 'rehome' legally, it's also possible to do so illegally. I suppose it's that 2nd scenario that would make them "uncooperative" if this is not a cover-up of a death.

I find it unbelievable, too. I question the source (Facebook). News article upthread stated LE only found a blanket and gloves when they arrived at the cemetery, and then discounted it as having any relevancy to this case.

RE: rehoming legal vs illegal.

The laws about transfer of custody of a child are really very wide open. Essentially, my understanding is that a parent may transfer custody at will. No home study or any kind of screening prescribed. About the only "illegal" way I can think of would be if there were an exchange of cash, triggering trafficking laws. But IF that were the case, I would think that the objective would be NOT to draw attention (by staging a false abduction or coyote attack).

Very little in what we know about this case speaks to elaborate pre--planning. The story provided to LE (the milk incident and the outdoor time-out) open Dad up to actual charges and raise a lot of questions about what he was doing during the five hour time-frame from 3-8 AM.

Still looks to me like "something happened" that resulted in this little girl's death and was followed by an attempt to hide that reality. A dust-up of some kind regarding milk-drinking may have been an actual trigger. And I suspect that the tree may link to some actual event--perhaps setting her body out in the hope of her being found by coyotes. Or perhaps she was shaken and actually placed out there (alive) and when Dad returned she had expired.

Hearing hooves, I think we are looking for horses here, rather than zebras.

Think theyre saying she was not stubborn like the Dad says, basically.

Most people who adopt internationally say they have a problem with controlling portion sizes for their child because of the limited portions and milk that have to go around inside of an orphanage. When you look at Sherin pic, she has chubby little arms like any normal toddler would. Maybe she was falling behind her own growth curve. She certainly doesn't LOOK malnourished, BUT obese ppl often have blood work that puts them into the undernourished/malnourished category. I assume that when she arrived in the USA that her parents had her checked by their own doctor and ran labs at that time to verify that she is healthy and to diagnose anything possibly missed in the orphanage. This may have come with a few follow-ups that indicated she needed nutritional drinks for vitamins and minerals. This is purely speculation, but I am simply saying, we can't judge her internal health by how normal she appears.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/whizzing

whiz also whizz (wĭz, hwĭz)
v. whizzed, whiz·zing, whiz·zes
v.intr.
1. To make a whirring or hissing sound, as of an object speeding through air.
2. To move or do something quickly: whizzed past on a ten-speed bike; whizzed through her exams.
3. To pass quickly: The days whizzed by.

So a car moving quickly... I wasn’t 100% sure what the actual definition was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me ill just thinking about it. Otherwise why tell that house not to say a thing about what they witnessed?

I suppose one reason to keep any evidence close to the chest is that cases like this call out all kinds of tipsters for all kinds of reasons. We already had a graveyard search that turned up nothing relevant. The more information leaks out, the more that folks submitting poor quality (or made up) tips are difficult to weed out. Also, if the public believe that LE are looking at Colonel Mustard in the drawing room with a candle stick, they are less likely to see the rope with Ms. Scarlett's cologne scent on it in the library.

Well if its only one floor then it would be much easier to hear whatever is happening.

Although, it apparently has 2300 sq ft, which is pretty large. Not unusual to have the master bedroom on one side or wing, with the kitchen and family living areas central and other bedrooms to the other side. And we don't know how much actual "commotion" might have occurred. And we don't know what "normal" might have sounded like. We tend to sleep through usual sorts of sounds--washing machine, dishwasher, TV, etc that don't necessarily raise any red flags. for us.

I would guess that the folks at the orphanage are feeling defensive that they placed a child who has disappeared. And she apparently had bonded with at least one person working in the orphanage, so they are also feeling grief and shock. Sometimes when words are inadequate people just say stuff.

Was SO hoping and praying this beautiful girl would be found this past weekend. Are they just going to stop all searches? I have heard of no effort to organize at all.

I believe they are going about a process to lead to a much narrower location within which to search. The pretty much covered the house/tree area looking for evidence. Knowing that a vehicle left and returned opens up a new world of search possibilities. Now they need to work on narrowing that down--hence the requests for surveillance video. Was that vehicle memorialized in any tapes that give a clue to where the SUV went? Meanwhile, I would guess that there is a lot of evidence being analyzed that points in the direction of foul play--in the absence of actually finding the victim. This becomes leverage. They can use it to approach one of the non-cooperating parties to describe the case they may be building, which may shake loose some additional information.

Organizing search parties is helpful only when there is a reasonably searchable location. Seems that what they are looking at right now is over 300 square miles. But they continue to search for relevant evidence by which to narrow that search.

RE: rehoming legal vs illegal.

The laws about transfer of custody of a child are really very wide open. Essentially, my understanding is that a parent may transfer custody at will. No home study or any kind of screening prescribed. About the only "illegal" way I can think of would be if there were an exchange of cash, triggering trafficking laws. But IF that were the case, I would think that the objective would be NOT to draw attention (by staging a false abduction or coyote attack).

Very little in what we know about this case speaks to elaborate pre--planning. The story provided to LE (the milk incident and the outdoor time-out) open Dad up to actual charges and raise a lot of questions about what he was doing during the five hour time-frame from 3-8 AM.

Still looks to me like "something happened" that resulted in this little girl's death and was followed by an attempt to hide that reality. A dust-up of some kind regarding milk-drinking may have been and actual trigger. And I suspect that the tree may link to some actual event--perhaps setting her body out in the hope of her being found by coyotes. Or perhaps she was shaken and actually placed out there (alive) and when Dad returned she had expired.

Hearing hooves, I think we are looking for horses here, rather than zebras.

At this point, the votes in my own head are about 55% 'accidental' death and cover-up vs. 45% poorly attempted cover up of a private transfer of some sort. I'm not necessarily talking about "trafficking" here or financial gain from that--that actually is lower down on my suspicion list (that ranks right down there with intentional murder IMO). But I'm keeping in mind that, in this go fraud me era, IF the public and police *were* to have fallen for his story, there is money to be had from the publicity and sympathy factor. (A few notably bizarre cases have taught me that yes, there really is always someone out there who will believe and Send Money).

True, the risk factor would be high as far as attracting attention. But how does a cute little 3-yr adoptee suddenly disappear from an obstensibly 'good' family and neighborhood *without* attracting the attention of teachers, church members, friends, relatives, the community, social workers, and finally LE?

Coupling this sort of inescapable attention with such an outrageously convoluted story leads me to think he either had a desperate need for physically transferring her out of their lives while saving face (and possibly gaining sympathy and $), OR a desperate need to cover up her death. IMHO.

So on the fence between the horses and zebras I still sit...leaning towards the horses.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.jagr...he-daughter-of-american-nalanda-14203017.html
Fri Jun 24 01:01:46 IST 2016
Nalanda A couple of Americans have adopted Saraswati Kumari, a two-year-old orphan. Now this child will flourish in America's royal family. This child has been taken from Nalanda Mother Teresa Orphan Seva Ashram Co-operative Adoption Institute, Nalanda, run by the Social Welfare Department. On Thursday, police captain Kumar Ashish handed over the non-girl child to the American couple Wesley Moon Mathew and his wife Minni Siele Arn Mathew after completing all the paperwork.

I couldn’t get Google translate to do much more on my phone, it said I exceeded the character limit and started acting crazy.

**If we have anyone who can properly translate from the link, that would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit surprised that on this video it shows someone actually driving the SUV up onto the flatbed. Usually evidence is protected and the vehicle is actually hooked up and pulled up onto the flatbed.

That video was shot by MSM as part of news coverage when LE took the vehicles for investigation. That video is not from the neighbor's security camera.

jmo

That video was shot by MSM as part of news coverage when LE took the vehicles for investigation. That video is not from the neighbor's security camera.

jmo

I'm aware that the video isn't from neighbor's security camera. I was commenting on the method used to load the SUV onto the flatbed. Usually when vehicles are taken by LE for investigations, the vehicle is hooked up and pulled up onto the flatbed, not driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow