Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is moo. I think he said the story bc he knew child endangerment wouldn't get him much prison time. Also he wanted to ensure the mother wouldn't be in trouble so the older bio child could be with her. I think this was the fastest story he could come up with.

So do you think he told whoever bailed him out before he actually called the cops w his story? So they could be on standby to bail him out? Or did the wife make the call to whoever it was, afterward?

Is it possible/probable mom will have to make a choice between her husband and her biological daughter if she is to regain custody? Especially with dad's current charges? I can't help but wonder why she's staying with him when it's obvious something happened........Why hasn't she just kicked him to the curb?

....unless, they are worried the 4 yr old sibling knows something incriminating and they are willing to wait hoping she'll forget.

Where is this precious child? My heart is so heavy for her, abandoned by her birth family and likely killed by someone in her adoptive family and at such a young age.

I think they might have found her, and they are filming the drone for privacy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is it possible/probable mom will have to make a choice between her husband and her biological daughter if she is to regain custody? Especially with dad's current charges? I can't help but wonder why she's staying with him when it's obvious something happened........Why hasn't she just kicked him to the curb?

....unless, they are worried the 4 yr old sibling knows something incriminating and they are willing to wait hoping she'll forget.

Where is this precious child? My heart is so heavy for her, abandoned by her birth family and likely killed by someone in her adoptive family and at such a young age.

BYE HUSBAND if it were me.

Looks like they are at a golf course. Sherrill Park?

Is this where they are searching - Mansfield, TX, or Richardson?

They are really trying not to say. The more places they search that the PERSON could of have put her SEES, the more they have the chance to move her...etc

Just wanted to add that my experience covering the police beat as a suburban newspaper reporter, RPD and nearby police department’s public information officers are almost always tight lipped and stoic with case info.

I think police are keeping key investigation details even closer to the vest than normal because WM is out on bond and can follow the media for all case details, search party info and other public information that could benefit him.

A local on the live feed said that they were searching in a wooded area near Richland College.

How far is that from the house?

Wow. I had that backwards? The girl's family has to pay the groom????

ETA_ : yup, just looked it up. All my life I was under the impression that the woman was given a dowry, because she was going to bring children to the husband's family. I had no clue she had to bribe the groom's family. lol

I too am surprised! There is a story, in our family, of a man who paid a "dowry" of livestock, for his beloved, and this was within my parent's generation. I think that it was more symbolic than anything and has been a story of humor throughout the years. However, I've always heard it called a dowry where I live (Appalachian Region). After doing some digging, I can see where the meanings have been misinterpreted based on a mix of word similarities, culture, and religion. Kind of OT but interesting.

So, I did a bit of looking for my own curiosity. It is very easy to see how the term has been confused over the past couple-three thousand years or so.

People refer to the OT and dowries but the OT never mentions dowries, instead the passages read "bride price".
In the Old Testament, the first mention of a Bride Price is in Genesis 34:12, where Jacob worked seven years for Rachel because he had nothing else to offer (but ended up with Leah, and then had to work seven more for Rachel...bummer.). Men paying a price for their beloved can also be found in Genesis 34:12, Exodus 22:17, and 1 Samuel 18:25 . In all instances, in the Bible, the wording is, "Bride Price".

Fast forward to the U.S. in the 1700s
In colonial times, in the U.S., Dowery, or dowry, is the term for that portion, usually from her father, that a bride brings to her husband that he can use as long as the marriage lasts. It was sometime used to start setting up her new home, or her dower.

Also in Colonial times;
The term dower, on the other hand, is a shortened version of dower right: it refers to the portion of a deceased husband’s estate to which a widow is entitled to by law for her lifetime. A financially savvy woman, if her husband wrote a will but was in debt at the time of his death, would elect to receive her dower right portion, as it was taken right off the top and not available to the creditors.

https://vita-brevis.org/2015/03/dowry-versus-dower-right/

And, then we have Mahr
Law of Dower (Mahr) in India:

Under the Muslim Law, Mehr (dower) means money or property which the wife is entitled to receive from the husband in consideration of the marriage but this consideration is not the same as that of the civil contract. Dower is an obligation imposed upon the husband as a mark of respect for the wife.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1528817X.2010.528594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member