Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those posting what live coverage shows. At work and cannot access Facebook

Yes, when it gets muddy, people take their 4x4 vehicles and drive through fields like that. The more people that do it, the more it tears up the grass and creates more mud.

Looks like police are talking to a man beside a tractor with a large mower behind it. I wonder if he was there mowing and found something and called LE?

I too am surprised! There is a story, in our family, of a man who paid a "dowry" of livestock, for his beloved, and this was within my parent's generation. I think that it was more symbolic than anything and has been a story of humor throughout the years. However, I've always heard it called a dowry where I live (Appalachian Region). After doing some digging, I can see where the meanings have been misinterpreted based on a mix of word similarities, culture, and religion. Kind of OT but interesting.

So, I did a bit of looking for my own curiosity. It is very easy to see how the term has been confused over the past couple-three thousand years or so.

People refer to the OT and dowries but the OT never mentions dowries, instead the passages read "bride price".
In the Old Testament, the first mention of a Bride Price is in Genesis 34:12, where Jacob worked seven years for Rachel because he had nothing else to offer (but ended up with Leah, and then had to work seven more for Rachel...bummer.). Men paying a price for their beloved can also be found in Genesis 34:12, Exodus 22:17, and 1 Samuel 18:25 . In all instances, in the Bible, the wording is, "Bride Price".

Fast forward to the U.S. in the 1700s
In colonial times, in the U.S., Dowery, or dowry, is the term for that portion, usually from her father, that a bride brings to her husband that he can use as long as the marriage lasts. It was sometime used to start setting up her new home, or her dower.

Also in Colonial times;
The term dower, on the other hand, is a shortened version of dower right: it refers to the portion of a deceased husband’s estate to which a widow is entitled to by law for her lifetime. A financially savvy woman, if her husband wrote a will but was in debt at the time of his death, would elect to receive her dower right portion, as it was taken right off the top and not available to the creditors.

https://vita-brevis.org/2015/03/dowry-versus-dower-right/

And, then we have Mahr
Law of Dower (Mahr) in India:

Under the Muslim Law, Mehr (dower) means money or property which the wife is entitled to receive from the husband in consideration of the marriage but this consideration is not the same as that of the civil contract. Dower is an obligation imposed upon the husband as a mark of respect for the wife.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1528817X.2010.528594
This is why women in Britain were referred to as Dowagers. Downton Abby fans will get this reference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are they leaving? I had to turn the live feed off. It looked like they were heading out of the field. ?

Looks like police are talking to a man beside a tractor with a large mower behind it. I wonder if he was there mowing and found something and called LE?

Looks like they wrapped up searching the field. I think your theory was correct. Field looks freshly mowed, so probably not much left that the tractor didn't run over. Looks like they moved on to a church?

They just pulled into a parking lot of a church it looks like. In the back by some trees

Is this on Greeneville Avenue and Buckingham?

Looks like Greenville Avenue Church of Christ 1011 S Greenville Ave, Richardson, TX 75081
There's also a Trinity Fellowship Church on Greeneville and Buckingham

My hope is they find her on land cause if she is in any river or lake it be 10 times harder to search and find her

It did look to me like it said, "Church of Christ" on the front of the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE