Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's worth it to offer him a deal if they believe she's dead because he could do 20 years for endangerment. Odds are that they will find her (or enough evidence of death) to try him for murder before his prison term is up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's very very difficult to go in for a murder charge without a body. Usually LE will try to hold off until they have built up a strong case and finish it off with finding the body. Although, yes, if the evidence was there without the body, this could happen.

Totally agree! I’m from the UK (I hope this will explain the differ in some of my spellings to yours) We have had no coverage here (apart from one dailymail report) so you guys are my only info! Keep it up guys! I only registered today & the time & effort you guys put in is amazing!
Unless you said "whilst," I'd likely not notice you are a Brit. That's always the dead giveaway. ;-)

Sorry...apparently that Fox 4 live feed link won't work--tho i'm watching it on an already opened up device.

I don't think it's worth it to offer him a deal if they believe she's dead because he could do 20 years for endangerment. Odds are that they will find her (or enough evidence of death) to try him for murder before his prison term is up.

Scratch that. I went by someone else's post and I believe that is incorrect. All I see is up to two years for child endangerment in Texas. But I bet they will have more charges. People can be charged with deaths without a body in some states (there's one happening for torture resulting in death in Illinois right now, yet no body).

I can't imagine his lawyer would be telling him to say anything or to take a deal at this point without concrete evidence against him. It would be really poor legal advice to have him further implicate himself. I believe the only thing that will get him or anyone else who may know something talking is their own moral compass and the guilt they are carrying.

Purely speculation, but I feel like when they did the initial searches and decided to call off the Amber Alert that it was likely they found something to indicate loss of life and that's why it went from an Amber Alert to the family home being searched and their possessions (Cars, phones, computers) being taken as possible evidence. The only thing that confuses me about this is that they cleared the "scene" pretty quickly after their searches and allowed them back in. I am not sure how fast this usually happens, but it did seem fast to me, but they did have a lot of hands on deck and took a TON of things out!
BIG SIGH

Just watched helicopter feed of 3 white SUVs on road turn in to open field area with black Mansfield police car there.

It's very very difficult to go in for a murder charge without a body. Usually LE will try to hold off until they have built up a strong case and finish it off with finding the body. Although, yes, if the evidence was there without the body, this could happen.
I deleted this post because I had incorrect information anyway.

From what I saw on a live feed from I believe it was NBC they said that the helicopters in the air were all media helicopters and the only flying police vehicle was the drones and because of the drones the media choppers have to stay back for safety.

Perhaps they are using the drones not just for searching, but to keep info from the media until it’s suitable to broadcast. And of course, any evidence found becomes a bargaining tool with the (that’s code for parent who likely murdered a precious child). JMO

I think this is just more live feed of the search in several areas this afternoon.Two LE are now searching large dirt mounds (have no idea where this is) and checking out a couple other random clumps of stuff; now returned to white SUV police vehicle and got back in. (Is this a rerun?)

I wonder what was in that bag?!!! I'm curious why they didn't have k9s there?

I seem to have missed the bag footage and where someone said they had a white tarp in the back of the SUV. Everything I saw so far seemed fairly boring and I don't think anything was collected. Which link was this on and do you know about what time? Thank you!!!

Right now just heli feed of LE conferring out by Mansfield LE car. One white SUV is driving away.

(Since I can't seem to get the Fbk Fox 4 News link to work on my other device, someone pls let me know if this is just some loop from earlier. But it appears live.)

Scratch that. I went by someone else's post and I believe that is incorrect. All I see is up to two years for child endangerment in Texas. But I bet they will have more charges. People can be charged with deaths without a body in some states (there's one happening for torture resulting in death in Illinois right now, yet no body).

The 20 years for child endangerment came from a Dallas lawyer Chad Ruback, who was interviewed. He said "up to 20 years." Don't know if the lawyer knew what he was talking about. This is the source: https://www.facebook.com/beckyjeanwiden/videos/10159466491920574/
Dallas-based lawyer Chad Ruback says one thing is a guarantee. "Mr. Mathews is going to be convicted. Mr. Mathews is going to spend some time in prison for what he did," Ruback told NewsFix Monday. "The only question is how long he's going to be behind bars and what he's convicted of." (snip) "He has stupidly admitted that he knew there were coyotes out in the area where he left her," Ruback said, referencing the arrest affidavit.
According to Ruback, leaving a child in imminent danger could mean up to 20 years for Wesley Mathews,

I think they got info of the SUV in that area.. found something from #SherinMathews house at Richland College area they are searching... I think she is there....come on boys in blue... find her, find her, find her.....

Thanks. I feared I had run with what a poster had said instead of a reported fact after I did a Google search.

You make a good point though. If WM thinks that he'll just face 2 years, (after his own Google search!), he might be thinking he just has to sit tight and wait. 2 years is "easy" compared to 20, 40 or life.

You make a good point though. If WM thinks that he'll just face 2 years, (after his own Google search!), he might be thinking he just has to sit tight and wait. 2 years is "easy" compared to 20, 40 or life.
Good point. There may be more nuance to some of these laws that are generally not widely known. For instance, the missing student from China (IL) case - everyone on the thread was surprised and confused when they charged the kidnapper with an act of torture resulting in death (or something similar) without a body. It was a charge no one had thought of. This lawyer may be thinking of other charges that could go along with child endangerment in this case, and which carry a heavier penalty.

So police feel that Sherin is somewhere in Richardson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*