Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I think it surprised me because its still a changing table and most people I know including myself, stop using changing tables once the child becomes a squirmer as the floor and wrangling is just easier. I guess I sort of expected that the Amber Alert may have said she was last seen wearing what she was and a diaper, because a lot of people think a child that age is trained and the bulk of a diaper changes appearance on a lot of kids. Also, if she had been abducted as we were supposed to be looking for via the Amber Alert, it would be good to know that someone may have her in a public washroom changing her, or buying diapers at a weird time or location. I know the Amber Alert is long gone, but yeah it's a detail that I am thinking could help in future cases!

The changing table might still have been there, even it not in active use. Remember, this search was essentially a bunch of strangers going through a house looking for anything that might be useful. That means ALL the phones, even though it's possible that three hadn't been used in years. And ALL the wooden spoons (I agree with the idea that the older daughter tipped them off that the spoons were used for paddling). I can only imagine what someone might come up with in a full search of my house!

If the father did something to this child, why make up the story about sending her outside to stand by a tree at 3 am? Surely, he understands how this makes him look.

Why not say he put her to back to bed after her feeding and when he woke up in the morning, she was gone? The bizarre-ness of the story is making me wonder if he is telling the truth?

Makes me think that SOMETHING happened by the tree and he felt a need to include it in his story for fear that his story might fall apart otherwise.

http://deathrattlesports.com/texas-...-milk-still-missing-heres-what-we-know/116918
BBM

This was posted 5 hours ago. Mom IS cooperating with police. There was only one article to ever say she wasn't and it spoke of the couple together; i.e. "they are not cooperating," and that was it and it was days ago. IMO we need to back off accusing mom of not cooperating.

The article seems to be paraphrasing and quoting things based on the attorney Kent Starr's statement on behalf of the family on October 11th.

Family speaks out

Attorney Kent Starr said all Sini wants is her daughter back, while addressing reporters outside of the family’s home Wednesday. He adds that she is “very hopeful that her daughter will be returned.”

Starr says his client is cooperating with police.

“There has been no accusations of wrongdoing against Ms. Mathews,” Starr said.

However, if you view the entire statement via NBC 5 reporter Maria Guerrero's FB live video on October 11th at 11:50am....he sure uses the term "previously" quite a bit in reference to his client and police interactions/cooperation.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1036464306496353&id=431255513683905

I thought it was like this.
43f3894970087a79404186cec3f90878.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looks like those wall hangings are pictures of the spoon and fork. Not much good for digging or paddling. Or anything other than hanging on the wall. LOL

The way this investigation is so quiet, as in LE doesn't want to disclose locations or have leaks of where they are searching, is asking media that is on site to be discreet and so on, I can EASILY see Sini and her lawyer being told they will be kept updated as they can be and that there may not be a point in publicly appealing. We really have no clue what they found that indicated there was no need for an Amber Alert but there was a need to serve warrants on the entire house and remove the vehicles and electronics etc. If they saw enough to assume loss of life, they wouldn't encourage a mom whose lawyer did say was "mourning", to go on MSM and tell all, OR make a plea for the safe return of a child they all believe to have passed away. How does someone cooperate when they were asleep and have no idea what happened?

From my understanding from MSM when search warrants were executed on the home Sini was not home, which sounds to me like cooperation that she got out of there and allowed them to do their jobs. We also have seen video of her father answering the door to LE and we know they haven't answered the door to volunteers or MSM, so that is a sign they are cooperating, even if all they say is "we can't answer that without our lawyer", they aren't forcing the officers to get a warrant to compel the door to be answered.

Also, we don't know if there is a language barrier, but regardless there may be a cultural stigma around the police, add to that the fact that when they were cooperating it resulted in WM being arrested, the other daughter being taken into CPS custody, and then the whole home being gone through and everything being confiscated, including vehicles and phones.

If Sini really was asleep as we are to presume, I cannot even fathom what waking up to all of that would feel like or how defensive and fearful I would be of speaking further to police when every time I opened my mouth to that point they had stripped me of more and more people and things.

Someone said it thread #2 that their husband was from India and his job was a long haul truck driver and it took him forever to not have extreme fear of police just seeing them on the road as a result of how LE was where he is from. So The idea of cooperating may be different than what LE here is used to.

It seems to me that they would be more specific with a list of inventory and that perhaps they are intentionally being vague regarding this item because they knew this list would get out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Possibly so...(was considering that myself).

I think the vacuum bag was listed separately. It would be odd to call that contents of power equipment. I am still unable to visualize what kinds of things this might cover.

My mind goes to a power saw.

This article is actually referencing the attorney's comments from last Wednesday, 10-11. It may have been posted today, but it is old news, from what I can tell.
The actual quote from the attorney on Oct. 11 is "Ms. Mathews has previously participated with the Richardson Police Department." "You may wonder why she has retained legal counsel. She participated with the Richardson Police Department and her biological child was taken from the house." "She has previously spoken to the Richardson Police department and provided cooperation with the Richardson Police Department." I think this intimates that she was participating, felt she was punished for it, and hired a lawyer to protect her rights. Original video with attorney here: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

MSM began reporting that the parents were no longer cooperating on Oct 10, and have continued to report this. Here's a local MSM article and video from the 10th: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/09/search-missing-3-year-old-richardson-girl/

I would be thinking differently if the attorney had said, "My client is cooperating fully with LE and will continue to do so." Instead, his words make me think that she was cooperating, but stopped because her biological daughter was taken. We don't know what is really happening, but LE said they weren't cooperating, and they have not said differently. I trust LE over lawyer.

Excellent Post!
You conveyed exactly what my impressions were and what I was poorly attempting to point out in my later post, but you conveyed it in a much better and more organized way....and with many more links/quotes. Nice post.

<snipped for focus>
Someone said it thread #2 that their husband was from India and his job was a long haul truck driver and it took him forever to not have extreme fear of police just seeing them on the road as a result of how LE was where he is from. So The idea of cooperating may be different than what LE here is used to.

Hmmm. Had not seen that mentioned or linked. I believe he was well-educated (had read that as well as some personal sleuthing), so it would surprise me if he was a truck driver. IMO, JMO.

ETA: I do remember reading a post in T2 offering that in Indian culture some are very afraid of LE.

I believe the most updated info on that case shows that a jury trial is set for 2018 (Feb sticks in my mind, but not sure). Wesely was the only one in the car, but Sini is being sued as well because the car was in her name and because she allowed Wesley to drive it....he didn’t have a valid drivers license.

I noticed the injured driver alleged he was reckless and unlicensed, but then I saw a document with WM’s up to date driver’s license.

It said black & Decker but did not specify what kind of power equipment. Could be a lawn mower? (Grass was also listed) Could be a black and Decker brand shop vac maybe?

Or maybe a power washer ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me what kinds of things are available at Costco? Like basic store sections? I've never been in one. Does it have sports and outdoor gear sections like Walmart? Or gardening sections, tools sections, etc.?

Costco in the UK sell lots of everything i.e. Food/drinks/alcohol/ clothes/ toys/ outdoor equipment/gardening and garden equipment/furniture/electrical appliances/ the list is endless !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me think that SOMETHING happened by the tree and he felt a need to include it in his story for fear that his story might fall apart otherwise.

I know it used to be fairly common for parents to make children go and collect sticks to be spanked with, maybe something like that happened? I haven't really seen the tree in question but is it possible she tried to climb it and fell?

Oodles of items are manufactured under the Black and Decker label. When I saw the word "power", I thought of a power washer, but I think the wet/dry Shop Vac is more likely. I continue to suspect whatever harm befell Sherin might have happened outside with the poor darling reluctant to accept standing out in the dark by that tree. Maybe WM owned up to the punishment because he feared a neighbor had heard or seen a commotion in the yard. A power washer could be a clean up tool in that case. If the incident occurred inside, then I think the Shop Vac is likely.

Those decorative fork and spoon combos are still sold, appealing to people who want to go for a retro look or deliberate "kitsch". All conjecture and MOO.

Hmmm. Had not seen that mentioned or linked. I believe he was well-educated (had read that as well as some personal sleuthing), so it would surprise me if he was a truck driver. IMO, JMO.

ETA: I do remember reading a post in T2 offering that in Indian culture some are very afraid of LE.

I believe it was the poster's husband (not Wesley) who was referred to as being a truck driver.

My mind goes to a power saw.
That doesn't make sense with "contents of." There are no contents of a power saw except the blade and the motor. They would simply remove the entire article, not the contents of, IMO.

I believe it was the original poster writing about her own husband and his being a truck driver, not WM.

Oodles of items are manufactured under the Black and Decker label. When I saw the word "power", I thought of a power washer, but I think the wet/dry Shop Vac is more likely. I continue to suspect whatever harm befell Sherin might have happened outside with the poor darling reluctant to accept standing out in the dark by that tree. Maybe WM owned up to the punishment because he feared a neighbor had heard or seen a commotion in the yard. A power washer could be a clean up tool in that case. If the incident occurred inside, then I think the Shop Vac is likely.

Those decorative fork and spoon combos are still sold, appealing to people who want to go for a retro look or deliberate "kitsch". All conjecture and MOO.

We have 5 large spoon/fork sets on our kitchen wall. We love all things vintage! In our household, they are for display purposes only and only come down when someone knocks it off (which is almost daily lol).

Originally Posted by vmmking View Post
It seems to me that they would be more specific with a list of inventory and that perhaps they are intentionally being vague regarding this item because they knew this list would get out.

Possibly so...(was considering that myself).

I think that the inventory list is compiled in part to ensure that there is accountability in ultimately returning stuff. The "contents" of whatever it was, like the vacuum cleaner bag contents, or "grass" or not items they would necessarily need to think about returning. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper