Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So question: (I watch way too many csi type crime shows) when they search a house would they spray luminal first to see if there was blood on something then take it or is that an at the lab type thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of police departments ESP FBI has it where they can do it right @ their car now. Depends on the $ the dept has.

Wondering about the blue string they took from the home because string is used in traditional Hindu burial.

I know they attend a Christian Church but the string caught my attention for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pure conjecture and possibly off-topic, and not my favorite theory. But: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...human-traffickers-arrested-across-u-s-n812156

This struck me because it mentioned children, some very, very young, being trafficked.

Also because LE collected various financial records and other documents. On the one hand, stuff could reveal recent purchase of things useful in disposing of a body--indicating premeditation. AND LE could just be fishing for whatever. But the other thing that could be revealed is whether the family, or one family member, could have financial issues that could lead to making further bad choices.

Maybe a scenario could look like being instructed to leave the sleeping child out under the tree to be picked up. Maybe instructions not to notify LE until someone had time to get away. Maybe Dad got cold feet during the waiting period and went out looking but then came back and followed through. ?????

In any case, whatever evidence has been analyzed to start got LE permission for the additional warrants yesterday.

I don't like most of the scenarios. None take us to a good place.

From the article:
"During operations by FBI Denver's Rocky Mountain Innocence Lost Task Force, for example, a three-month-old girl and her five-year-old sister were recovered after a friend who was staying with the family made a deal with an undercover task force officer to sell both children for sex in exchange for $600," the statement read.

I honestly HATE to even pose this question but what would be the going rate for a 3 year old child like Sherin?
I realize one never knows for sure the financial status of another person. Someone can have a very nice house, more vehicles than drivers and not have 2 dimes to rub together because their AMT. of debt is very hefty in comparison to their income, but I don't see that family being broke to the point of selling their child for a mere $300. The reasons wouldn't be financial I wouldn't think if those are really the numbers.
But then again, a lot has surprised me about this case up to this point already....

Maria Guerrero talks about the custody hearing and how the family just wants the daughter out of foster care and with family -not necessarily Sini, and she has also gone over the evidence lists and when it was taken and so on. Very detailed! https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1040363452773105/

An interesting excerpt from this video update (at about 13:30 and on) which still leaves me pondering:

"Police are not saying who other than the parents saw Sherin the last time, the last time. For several days police were telling me, 'well, we're trying to figure that out, we're doing interviews.' [Maria crosses her arms at this point in the tape.] Now they know who the last person to see Sherin was, but they are not releasing that, they're not telling us anything about what day that was, where, and who." ~Maria Guerrero

It was explained to me upthread what Maria had said (though not verbatim) and I thought I'd simply misunderstood. But now, not so much. I'm not convinced, here, looking at statement verbatim, that LE are not keeping tight-lipped about someone OTHER than the parents being the last to see Sherin alive. In other words, I think looking at this statement that there is a possibility someone other than the parents may have been the last to see Sherin. Can't know yet as they are 'not releasing that info.'

So, at risk of being tiresome :eek:, I'm repeating my thoughts from post #117:

Since the default assumption for the public (according to the dad's story) would be that the dad last saw her (out at the tree), the fact that LE knows who that person is but won't comment on that makes me wonder if they know someone *else* last saw her (perhaps tied in with that drive at 4 am).

Three scenarios come to mind:

1) a witness (the only one we are aware of being the guy whose video was viewed 5x who described what he saw in the video with the car "whizzing" by)

2) someone in collusion with WM who maybe met up with him that night

3) the Acura driver who was someone other than WM

JMO, IMO

I'll try to translate some of the main points in this video, the language is Malayalam which is my first language and the same language that would be spoken by Wesley and Sini. This guy, Fr A V Thomas according to this source is someone who lives close by and is from the same community. He says that Sini is an LVN who is currently not working - he specifically says that maybe she's studying to be an RN but is not one at the moment. He also says that they don't believe a word Sini is saying about being asleep throughout this incident and not being awake till 8am - he suspects something may have happened from Sini's end and there is a cover up by the couple possibly. She lawyered up soon after and therefore couldn't be freely questioned by LE. He said that some of their friends have been bringing them food allowing the couple to stay holed up at home without having to venture out or face the media. Interesting he claims that Sherin went to a regular school and no one spotted anything abnormal with her (developmentally) - perhaps she was a bit quiet for a 3 year old but nothing out of the ordinary. More importantly, he claims that the couple have been having domestic issues for a while and since Sherin's adoption - apparently the church members and their friends from the community may know of this but aren't coming forward to say this and of course, CPS are aware of issues in the family - he didn't say what exactly though

Thank you, Nomad! Greatly appreciate the clarification you have brought. I think it’s important to note that she is a low-level nursing trainee, which might play into the family dynamic differently.
:loveyou:

I'll try to translate some of the main points in this video, the language is Malayalam which is my first language and the same language that would be spoken by Wesley and Sini. This guy, Fr A V Thomas according to this source is someone who lives close by and is from the same community. He says that Sini is an LVN who is currently not working - he specifically says that maybe she's studying to be an RN but is not one at the moment. He also says that they don't believe a word Sini is saying about being asleep throughout this incident and not being awake till 8am - he suspects something may have happened from Sini's end and there is a cover up by the couple possibly. She lawyered up soon after and therefore couldn't be freely questioned by LE. He said that some of their friends have been bringing them food allowing the couple to stay holed up at home without having to venture out or face the media. Interesting he claims that Sherin went to a regular school and no one spotted anything abnormal with her (developmentally) - perhaps she was a bit quiet for a 3 year old but nothing out of the ordinary. More importantly, he claims that the couple have been having domestic issues for a while and since Sherin's adoption - apparently the church members and their friends from the community may know of this but aren't coming forward to say this and of course, CPS are aware of issues in the family - he didn't say what exactly though

Does this guy actually KNOW the family?

In one of the early films he was in (in the alley behind the house, possible part of the "vigil" that was held), I got the impression he just showed up and was trying to be helpful because he looks like them and may speak their mother tongue. He also tried to make contact with the family but they did not respond to him. In any case, he's wrong about the couple being holed up in the house, as Dad is somewhere else.

In the first interview he seemed to be speaking more generically about "the mother must know what happened."

Maria reported that she had seen signs up by the house openly accusing Mom ("your lawyer won't save you"), and that the family's actual church has received a lot of bad stuff via social media (not only the bond rumor, but no also because some church members intend to go to Mom's court hearing on Monday--in support of removing the older child from foster care to a relative). So--I don't know for sure how much of an authority this guy is, or if he's just a hanger-on picking up rumors from other people.

BTW--thanks for the translation!

I quickly googled the Childrens Medical Center Dallas and laptops and what stuck out to me was the fact they mentioned a stolen laptop. A laptop with their name on it was in the evidence collected as was a blackberry phone. It confirmed my thoughts from upthread that a laptop from there shouldn't be out of the building.

This road is so bumpy and twisty. It's like an upside down rollercoaster and it just keeps getting worse!

I really hope that baby Sherin hasn't gone missing because of something else entirely, like money or threats to the family etc. It's bad enough she is gone and I know that these cases are rarely ever clear cut and dry, but this one just keeps putting out more breadcrumbs in different directions!

She might work from home.

An interesting excerpt from this video update (at about 13:30 and on) which still leaves me pondering:

"Police are not saying who other than the parents saw Sherin the last time, the last time. For several days police were telling me, 'well, we're trying to figure that out, we're doing interviews.' [Maria crosses her arms at this point in the tape.] Now they know who the last person to see Sherin was, but they are not releasing that, they're not telling us anything about what day that was, where, and who." ~Maria Guerrero

It was explained to me upthread what Maria had said (though not verbatim) and I thought I'd simply misunderstood. But now, not so much. I'm not convinced, here, looking at statement verbatim, that LE are not keeping tight-lipped about someone OTHER than the parents being the last to see Sherin alive. In other words, I think looking at this statement that there is a possibility someone other than the parents may have been the last to see Sherin. Can't know yet as they are 'not releasing that info.'

Since the default assumption for the public (according to the dad's story) would be that the dad last saw her (out at the tree), the fact that LE knows who that person is but won't comment on that makes me wonder if they know someone *else* last saw her (perhaps tied in with that drive at 4 am).

1) a witness (the only one we are aware of being the guy whose video was viewed 5x who described what he saw in the video with the car "whizzing" by)

JMO, IMO

My interpretation of this question isn't "who saw Sherin last" it is "Who saw Sherin BEFORE this alleged event?" As in, did she attend all week? Did a babysitter or nanny see her? What about grandparents or people at the park? Neighbourhood kids? Basically, I feel that the question is "Do we know Sherin was even ALIVE after the previous Sunday when she was seen in church?" Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but when I saw Maria answer this, I assumed she was answering in the same context I am thinking. If for example, Sherin didn't go to school all week and no one can verify they saw her throughout the week maybe she went missing after church on the previous Sunday, a full 5-6 days earlier. Or if she didn't attend school on Friday that gives from Thursday evening after school until they reported her missing. So, if she did go to school Friday and everything was normal and she was picked up at her regular time was she seen after that by family, friends, church members, neighbours, maybe a delivery guy for dinner or whatever after that time.

The police at this point and according to what Maria Guerrero said in that last video, are going on the timeline given to them by the family, (or were, that may have changed if they have these other details), and that could also be a lie. Sherin may have went missing right after school on Friday, or right after church the Sunday before, imagine if they had a full week before calling LE?

I would love to know what is on that Costco receipt and more importantly if either child was with whoever made the purchases. I think that receipt was from the Friday (would have to verify), the timestamp on the receipt could be pretty telling but also the store footage, if it was after school and both parents were shopping and had only one child with them, that doesn't look good at all if it wasn't Sherin.

From the article:

I honestly HATE to even pose this question but what would be the going rate for a 3 year old child like Sherin?
I realize one never knows for sure the financial status of another person. Someone can have a very nice house, more vehicles than drivers and not have 2 dimes to rub together because their AMT. of debt is very hefty in comparison to their income, but I don't see that family being broke to the point of selling their child for a mere $300. The reasons wouldn't be financial I wouldn't think if those are really the numbers.
But then again, a lot has surprised me about this case up to this point already....

I think the fact that this happened the week that tax returns were due (if one filed for an extension April 15, they'd be due Oct 15), may not necessarily be a coincidence. JMO and a gut instinct - especially as so many tax and financial documents were taken.

Seems a stretch, maybe, but this case is plenty weird.

JMO, IMO

Lotta things start swirling. One reason LE would be interested in who besides family saw her last would be to think about whether something could have happened to her much earlier than 3AM. IOW, if no one outside the fam had seen her in a week, that might open up all kinds of new possibilities. Or if that last person noticed anything unusual (sleepier or crankier than usual). Then there's the whole issue of family secrets--if one parent was having an affair, for instance (totally making this up, folks) and might provide an alibi, maybe.

Or, if the last non-parent to see her was the older sibling. LE might not want to put that child out in the spotlight, even though they might be providing helpful info.

Wow---great question!!

The cabin air filter just filters the air from outside into the cab of the car....the only reason I can think they want that, is to see if something from outside came into the cab and got stuck.....like woods, dirt.....etc

In one of the early films he was in (in the alley behind the house, possible part of the "vigil" that was held), I got the impression he just showed up and was trying to be helpful because he looks like them and may speak their mother tongue. He also tried to make contact with the family but they did not respond to him. In any case, he's wrong about the couple being holed up in the house, as Dad is somewhere else.

In the first interview he seemed to be speaking more generically about "the mother must know what happened."

Maria reported that she had seen signs up by the house openly accusing Mom ("your lawyer won't save you"), and that the family's actual church has received a lot of bad stuff via social media (not only the bond rumor, but no also because some church members intend to go to Mom's court hearing on Monday--in support of removing the older child from foster care to a relative). So--I don't know for sure how much of an authority this guy is, or if he's just a hanger-on picking up rumors from other people.

ITS. Also didn't the mods previously state this man's comments were off limits here?

My interpretation of this question isn't "who saw Sherin last" it is "Who saw Sherin BEFORE this alleged event?" As in, did she attend all week? Did a babysitter or nanny see her? What about grandparents or people at the park? Neighbourhood kids? Basically, I feel that the question is "Do we know Sherin was even ALIVE after the previous Sunday when she was seen in church?" Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but when I saw Maria answer this, I assumed she was answering in the same context I am thinking. If for example, Sherin didn't go to school all week and no one can verify they saw her throughout the week maybe she went missing after church on the previous Sunday, a full 5-6 days earlier. Or if she didn't attend school on Friday that gives from Thursday evening after school until they reported her missing. So, if she did go to school Friday and everything was normal and she was picked up at her regular time was she seen after that by family, friends, church members, neighbours, maybe a delivery guy for dinner or whatever after that time.

The police at this point and according to what Maria Guerrero said in that last video, are going on the timeline given to them by the family, (or were, that may have changed if they have these other details), and that could also be a lie. Sherin may have went missing right after school on Friday, or right after church the Sunday before, imagine if they had a full week before calling LE?

I would love to know what is on that Costco receipt and more importantly if either child was with whoever made the purchases. I think that receipt was from the Friday (would have to verify), the timestamp on the receipt could be pretty telling but also the store footage, if it was after school and both parents were shopping and had only one child with them, that doesn't look good at all if it wasn't Sherin.

Agree that Maria's statements are ambiguous, even as she is apparently trying to answer someone's question about this. The first sentence and the 3rd that I quoted from her are not saying or addressing the same thing, IOW.

But the fact that LE are "interviewing others" to fill in this timeline can encourage us that they aren't necessarily buying the parental timeline of events. Thumbs up to that.

I couldn't say from his comments whether he knew them personally - but it seems more likely that he knows people who knew them. Typically immigrants form close-knit communities that centre around their churches or local organisations. Certainly would take everything he says with a grain of salt because most of it seems to be from second-hand info, in my opinion

ITS. Also didn't the mods previously state this man's comments were off limits here?

No, I *believe* that was a self-described facebook journalist (Omair). This interview is in mainstream media (though Indian), so is fair game as far as I know. Fr Thomas' previous comments have been discussed when interviewed by American journalists at the home of WM.

Do you think a judge would even consider giving the child back since she's made no effort to find her other daughter? I wonder.

I dont know that a judge could feel this child would BE SAFE from her parents if they allowed the child to go back...could they? I mean what if she goes to court Monday and they give the kid back...then theres reporters outside, people trying to speak to them, she has to get her to school probably or whatever else, kid cant be locked in the house all day....A lot to consider if she were to do that...

It'd be nice to believe there was an adoption (albeit an illegal one) ; and Sherin is safe somewhere.
That would involve thousands of $'s, though. Not hundreds.
Completely wishful thinking here. :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• F07D7ABF-8813-447C-A22A-8DD2EE667DF4.jpg
    F07D7ABF-8813-447C-A22A-8DD2EE667DF4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 438
They have more to gain with him out if he's stupid enough to lead them to more evidence or speak to someone who will tell LE.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

he wont lead them anywhere!

So this guy has no license.
im sure DUI. now makes sense the no driving no alcohol no drugs etc. we heard this before in the Liberty and Abby case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb