Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another vigil planned for tonight by 'the tree'. I'm glad people are drawing attention to the plight of little Sherin but I hope it stays peaceful and in line with what a vigil is suppose to represent.

( Marking for reference:

"While they have not said where, police say there are still active searches happening on Wednesday. They’ve focused on areas south of the family’s Richardson home."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...ther-items-from-missing-texas-girls-home.html )

Eta: Key Word here being "south" (not sure if PIM, Ana or others have commented yet on this clear indication of direction, still behind).

I hadn't seen this yet, margarita, thank you.

Rocco, I would say that them searching south has come from the navigation unit. I hope they just haven't been able to pin point the exact location of Sherin yet despite knowing the direction of travel of the Acura.

There's another vigil planned for tonight by 'the tree'. I'm glad people are drawing attention to the plight of little Sherin but I hope it stays peaceful and in line with what a vigil is suppose to represent.

I'm so glad to see how the community is coming together for Sherin. I too hope it's kept peaceful. It's not a hate protest, there needs to be calm for this little one. Which I'm sure there will be.

I hadn't seen this yet, margarita, thank you.

Rocco, I would say that them searching south has come from the navigation unit. I hope they just haven't been able to pin point the exact location of Sherin yet despite knowing the direction of travel of the Acura.

There's an excellent link up thread that explains how some of these navigation units can pinpoint the exact locations of where the vehicle was stopped. The article went on to name the brands of vehicles that have them. Unfortunately, Honda isn't on that list (an Acura is made by Honda). However, there are other types of navigation units that give out information, I'm a little unclear though on how exact the information is that is given.

I don’t know if this hasn’t already been said but Just my thought on the washer/dryer being taken. Ive known in previous cases for the pipes/tubes/insides of bathroom/kitchen sinks to be taken for blood trace analysis as blood sticks to sludge (not the technical term) which sits inside plugholes/pipes ect. I wonder if this is still the case if bloodied clothes have been through a wash cycle/dry cycle. I mean,I don’t know how much it would take for blood to be totally untraceable,so could LE believe that there may have been some Truth in WM’s laundry story & think there’s a possibility of finding blood trace in the washer/dryer from WM attempting to dispose of evidence. Apologies if this has already been discussed

I don’t know if this hasn’t already been said but Just my thought on the washer/dryer being taken. Ive known in previous cases for the pipes/tubes/insides of bathroom/kitchen sinks to be taken for blood trace analysis as blood sticks to sludge (not the technical term) which sits inside plugholes/pipes ect. I wonder if this is still the case if bloodied clothes have been through a wash cycle/dry cycle. I mean,I don’t know how much it would take for blood to be totally untraceable,so could LE believe that there may have been some Truth in WM’s laundry story & think there’s a possibility of finding blood trace in the washer/dryer from WM attempting to dispose of evidence. Apologies if this has already been discussed

I'd say there is absolutely the possibility of this and that's why they have taken them.

I think this would include discussing her profession.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
"That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Exploring the car tracking rabbit hole tonight.
First this: http://www.businessinsider.com/can-cops-use-gps-to-convict-you-of-a-crime-2014-1 The companies themselves collect the data, and LE can get the data from the companies. I didn't know that!

Regarding On Star, and how the service has revealed that they collect data on anyone, even after they cancel the service. https://gizmodo.com/5842317/onstar-...nd-location-even-when-you-cancel-your-service from the comments:

MUST read article about cars solving crimes. It's about the software and hardware this company has developed to access car data. Seems like it is pretty quick once they have the part from the car (they do need to remove it) Haven't finished it, so not sure if it will answer our question about how long it will take for FBI to get data back. https://www.msab.com/download/case_studies/MSAB-BERLA-Article.pdf
My husband and I have very basic cars. His is one year newer than mine. Mine is so old that it has a cassette player. But we were able to look at a list of vehicles by year and find that mine has a "little black box" and his doesn't. They wouldn't be able to get as much information from mine as newer models, but even as old as mine is, they could get some.

I want to say I'm uncomfortable with talk about the grandparents, jmo, who they are, where they live, etc, etc.

(Believe me, I understand we are all trying to get the big picture here.)
As far as I can tell, what's been discussed about them came from MSM, which is allowed to be discussed. That said, I don't see the importance of much discussion of them unless one really believes there's a possibility Sherin was shipped back to India. And I don't see that. Unfortunately, this little girl is already dead and never left Texas.

So I took notes during Maria Guerrero's in depth video. I know that a lot of information we know and are currently discussing I just thought it would be helpful to post to recap on and for anyone new joining the thread who wanted to have a quick recap.

Parents are members of Emmanuel Bible Church in Irving

Maria spoke with church members. They want the 4 year old out of foster care… not necessarily with Sini but just to be with family. That is the only reason the want to be present at the court on Monday.

Church members are cooperating with LE and they DID NOT bond WM out. Feeling attacked.

October 7, Day 1 - The only thing that was taken (listed in the logs) was digital files from a cell phone.

October 8, Day 2- Laptop

October 9, Day 3 - Navigation unit

October 10/11, Day 4/5 - Taken from the families 3 vehicles, (2 are still in police custody, 1 has been returned - the Lexus from Maria’s video) dried grass & debris, twigs, a receipt from Costco from 10/5, drivers side floor mat, swabbed brake, gas, steering and gear shift. 6 Swabs done on the van that is still in police custody. Acura (the one driven between 4-5am on Saturday, October 7) floormat, DNA swabs, grass, USB, interior sunroof slide cover, seatbelt, cabin air filter, radio module.

Other items include:
2 yellow gloves, dish scrubber, grocery bags, shoes, black trash bags, black fabric, several wooden spoons/ fork (hanging), red plastic, blue string with hair like fibres, bank account information form a south Indian bank (Wesley is from southern India) Contents of vacuum cleaner, medical gloves - Maria states Sini is an RN (from their background checks - doesn’t know if she works but that is her profession) pink t-shirt, changing table cover & the one that really stuck out to Maria - the washer and dryer. She then recaps on Wesley’s “story” including doing the laundry. Washer and dryer may hold potential evidence. Maria thought the wooden spoons, washer and dryer and blue string with hair like fibres was the most interesting.
Maria says a deputy visited the property yesterday on an unrelated matter.
Church members are doing prayers daily for Sherin and for whatever happened to come to light. They have been targeted with hateful messages from the public but they say they have always cooperated with police.

LE won’t say what they found from the search at Richland College other than “articles of interest”. Those articles are being analysed and Maria doesn’t know if the articles are linked or even if police will release that information.
LE say that if they do more searches it will be specific areas like what they did with near Richland College.
LE is not saying who, other than the parents, saw Sherin for the last time or when and where. But they do know this.

She doesn’t know how LE knows this timeline is correct but as of now they are going off this timeline.

Maria says she doesn’t know if the hearing is open to the public. But the church members do want to attend.

Maria was with the church members in the early days and that they actively were searching for Sherin. They have done searches of their own and Maria was with them when they were posting flyers. Prior to the flyers being burnt and scattered on the ground ripped off.

LE are not saying why they think this SUV was gone for an hour on the morning of her disappearance.

Storm drains have been checked and checked again by LE.

LE not talking about Sherin’s passport – it’s not one of the items on the list. She has asked LE about the passport and they do not want to comment on that.

Maria will be there for the hearing on Monday.

Mom has NEVER been charged with anything. Saturday, October 7 is the last day the Mathew’s cooperated with LE. She retained an attorney only because of her biological daughter that was taken away by CPS.

Maria understands everyone has theories but she is just telling us what she knows.

Maria saw a flyer that had been burned.

Maria interviewed one of the church elders on the day Sherin went missing and now they are almost too afraid to come forward because of the hate that they have received.

Maria states Wesley will not be able to have contact with the 4 year old if she is given back to Sini or any other family member. Maria’s understanding is that Sini has seen her daughter through CPS because she is foster care right now. But Wesley is not allowed.

No pressers scheduled right now. RPD has been very open with Maria and answered questions as soon as he can. When there is something huge in this story it will likely involve a presser with the chief but there is nothing planned at this time.

Apparently Indian media looking into the legality of the adoption but they have not been able to confirm this.

Maria is sure they will look at the footage from Costco.

Don’t know if Sherin has been punished that specific way in the past – she says she will ask RPD – doubts they will tell her.

Kent Starr says they have different attorneys because they don’t want a potential conflict of interest.

Maria doesn’t know where Wesley is – he’s not at the house because he cannot have contact with his family but he does have to stay within Dallas County.

Neither has taken a polygraph and LE can’t talk to them without an attorney present.

Church members aren’t stating anything about suspecting the parents other than wanted the bio daughter out of foster care and praying for everyone involved.

They checked near a pond near Richland College – LE won’t say whether they found anything in the water at this point.

Maria won’t say what she believes in regards to if Sherin is still alive – discusses that LE said they hope she is but time is the enemy. States we’re on day 12 now.

FBI is still involved.

Coyotes – Discusses the story WM stated. No evidence to prove coyotes. Neighbours say they haven’t seen coyotes really.

Doesn’t know if washer and dryer are new and old?

LE have looked everywhere – dumpsters etc.

Canines did not pick up a strong scent at the tree. Not to say dogs are right all the time but they did not pick up a strong scent.

WM bonded out of jail shortly before midnight on Sunday, October 8… CPS came in early Monday morning and removed the 4 year old – this might indicate why she was removed. They still don’t know what happened to her sister so that is not unusual.

Maria thought the item being removed looked like blue fabric; it was soft as LE pressed down on it. But LE are not saying if it has been positively linked to this case.

ETA: I refer to this video here.
I missed this about a flyer being burned. What was that about?

In thread 1 or 2 I posted a long explanation about how and where residue can get trapped /remain in front and top loaders.

I missed this about a flyer being burned. What was that about?

Flyers were being distributed when Sherin first went missing and some were being torn down, ripped up, burnt and then left in the street.

All of the items seized by police and the FBI are very standard according to Dr. del Carmen.

“Investigators are going to look at every single angle,” said Dr. del Carmen.

He trains investigators to look in places like washers and dryers for possible residue.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/19/criminologist-missing-richardson-girl-case/

Flyers were being distributed when Sherin first went missing and some were being torn down, ripped up, burnt and then left in the street.
That is extremely odd in this case. That has happened in the Crystal Rogers case, and the person doing it was caught. She is the current girlfriend of the man suspected of killing Crystal, so I understand the psychology behind her actions. But who on earth would do this in this situation?

That is extremely odd in this case. That has happened in the Crystal Rogers case, and the person doing it was caught. She is the current girlfriend of the man suspected of killing Crystal, so I understand the psychology behind her actions. But who on earth would do this in this situation?

Yes, it also reminded me of Billy Smolinski. His flyers were being torn down in an area where his ex girlfriend lived (she is suspected of being involved or knowing something about his disappearance.)

I cannot work out who or why in this case though.

One guess would be neighbors who didn't want media and outsiders in their neighborhood. Other than that, I can't imagine why anyone would tear down a sign (unless it's the guilty person).

Seems so mean.

Guesswork only, jmo.

One guess would be neighbors who didn't want media and outsiders in their neighborhood. Other than that, I can't imagine why anyone would tear down a sign (unless it's the guilty person).

Seems so mean.

Guesswork only, jmo.

It does. Even more so when it is a little child.

Excellent post, thanks.

(And I just have to know, reading under your moniker...did your kids verify you as a Grouchymom?) ;)

My 3 older girls all verified it in great detail during their teen years. That is where my badge of honor came from. Every time I said no the replied, “don’t be so grouchy mom”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member