Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent case in TX where a young woman Molly Matheson was murdered, LE was able to pin the perp down by the time the washing machine ran, in conjunction with surveillance of the perp's vehicle leaving (minutes after the washing machine was started). Since this case also occurred in TX, there's a chance WM saw the news coverage on that and realized LE could learn the washing machine was operated in the middle of the night and he figured best not to lie about it and have to explain it later. See p. 8 of the arrest warrant affidavit for the perp. in the case I'm referencing at the link below if interested. It was some brilliant detective work getting the information from the electric company IMO. https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/W...imbro-Arrest-Warrant-Affidavit-421381543.html
I'm having some trouble viewing that document on my phone. How are they able to tell what time a washing machine cycle started?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They showed pictures of WM's parents home in India. I would say there's a lot of money in the family and WM gets help from his parents.

Not all parents assist their children. It seems the Mathews might be looking at financial issues.

Court documents reveal Sherin Mathews’ parents will go to trial in February for a crash they were involved in September 2015. The crash happened off 635 in Irving.

The person suing them is asking between $100,000 and $200,000 from the Mathews in damages.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/19/missing-richardson-girl-parents-legal-battle/

I'm having some trouble viewing that document on my phone. How are they able to tell what time a washing machine cycle started?

Hmm... I don't know if the machines could tell the time, but perhaps looking at the electric bill would be a clue. In the middle of the night, if there was a bump in utility usage, perhaps that would be a clue that the washer/dryer were in use. IDK?

jmo

There was an electricity spike at the time and not one again until her body was found. Detectives later ran the washing machine and found that the cycle lasted 37 minutes which would be consistent with the electricity spike.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 370

Just so there's no confusion this is in regards to Molly Matheson's case and how the washing machine use helped connect the perp. to her murder. The arrest warrant states:
"According to Oncor [electric company] employees, there was an electricity spike that would be consistent with the washing machine running registering at 0145 on April 10, 2017. The spike ends at 0215 hours. There is not another electricity spike until Molly's body is discovered...Detectice Anderson ran the washing machine and observed the wash cycle last approximately 37 minutes. This would be consistent with the electricity spike. It appeared as though the washer was started between 0131 and 0145 and the washer stopped between 0215 and 0229 hours. The vehicle that is visually consistent with Kimbro's [perp.] is seen on surveillance video driving away from Molly's residence at approximately 0200 hours." https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/W...imbro-Arrest-Warrant-Affidavit-421381543.html
The words in brackets I added to the quote.

Not only does it make his story sound more horrible, it allows LE to charge him more harshly. FYI, I am not licensed in TX but it seems to me that his stating he knew coyotes were in the area triggers the harsher 2nd degree felony language in the statute (rather than a "state jail felony" charge).

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-041.html

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/archive/html/just/features/0201_01/crimeandp.html

BBM. I think the bold portion is triggered by WM's admission that he knew there were coyotes in the area, and that increases the possible sentence from 180 days-2 years up to 2-20 years. That's why his coyote story is so relevant IMO.

Here's what Chad Rubak, an appellate attorney in Dallas, had to say about WM admitting he knew there were coyotes in the area:

“ He has stupidly admitted that he knew there were coyotes out in the area where he left her", Rubak told NewsFix.

"Stupidly admitted"--- I like that.

Not sure.... But as a clever poster pointed out earlier (sorry, I forget who it was) the car in question was driven onto the flatbed to be towed vs just hooked up and towed away, so the DNA of whoever did that (LE or tow company person) will surely be found in that SUV.

Another thing that I wondered about this was if they had checked the seats exact position before allowing someone else to drive the vehicle, a tall person would have the seat set further back than a shorter one and thats important in establishing who drove the vehicle last. Most people (not all) adjust the seat when they get in but don't put it back after, so it would surprise me if the seat had been moved after unless the vehicle had been driven since Sherin went missing making the seat position a moot point? I am not on my computer to check, but I thought the person shown driving up onto the tow truck was wearing the white coveralls and such to protect the DNA and other trace evidence, but now I can't be certain as people mention the DNA...

That's definitely an interesting point to consider.
If the car was opened using the button key fob vs the key in the door, it's likely the cars settings/mirror/seat positionings all returned/moved to whichever key fob was used.

My ability to find posts I just read is killing my eyes. Someone said with a link that they are searching with the assumption that Sherin is alive. (really wish I could find things right now)
IF she is alive, does this mean they assume she was passed off or dropped with someone and is fine? It has been nearly 2 weeks. Children generally can't survive for long without being hydrated or fed and unless Sherin is being raised by those coyotes (grrr) that would mean a human is feeding her and caring for her.
How much credit can be put into the words of the person who had said they are treating this as if she is alive?
Should we still be hopeful? Is LE (appearing) to do less searches and such because they know someone has taken her?
If so, why not put an Amber Alert back out, or would they avoid that in hopes of not tipping off the perps, thinking they will be more reckless if they are lead to believe this is a recovery effort and not a missing/living person?

IMO based on the fact that LE wouldn't comment on Sherin's passport or it's whereabouts, could be pretty telling in what they are thinking. I would think if they had it, or had found it, that they would simply say "her passport was among the items we seized from the home" but the fact they aren't saying that OR "Sherin's passport has not been located at this time" seems to be a very strong non-answer. We KNOW she had a passport, they recovered other personal documents and it sounds like all of that was quite organized. I am really hoping that maybe this is a reason why the Indian Embassy is working on this as well?

I know this is wishful thinking, and TBH depending on who she may be with, it may be better if she weren't alive, but the best case scenario is she was sold/given to a loving family or to members of her family and for some reason WM won't admit to this action -like it would be shameful or something. :(

I wish we had answers and not just guesses and our own wandering minds...

Another thing that I wondered about this was if they had checked the seats exact position before allowing someone else to drive the vehicle, a tall person would have the seat set further back than a shorter one and thats important in establishing who drove the vehicle last. Most people (not all) adjust the seat when they get in but don't put it back after, so it would surprise me if the seat had been moved after unless the vehicle had been driven since Sherin went missing making the seat position a moot point? I am not on my computer to check, but I thought the person shown driving up onto the tow truck was wearing the white coveralls and such to protect the DNA and other trace evidence, but now I can't be certain as people mention the DNA...
In line with MissMalowe's observation, I once had a VW Passat (I miss that car) that auto adjusted the electric seats depending on which key fob unlocked the car door, or started the engine. Does his car possibly have such a feature?

The fact that LE is searching fields, wooded areas and piles of dirt leads me to believe they are treating this as a recovery effort.

JMO as a personal injury attorney, their car insurance would most likely be liable for these damages (at least in my state that's how it works).

From what I can tell from the uploaded files on this lawsuit, the insurance company is the one providing the lawyer, which is the reason for the recent date being pushed to next year. She will no longer be with the company she is with and therefore they requested time so that new council would be familiar with the case prior to trial. The accident happened Sept 2015 and the suit was filed Dec 2016. I am not sure how normal of a timeline this is, but I would have assumed that at this point insurance had already paid and settled before the plaintiff decided they wanted more? Perhaps as a personal injury attorney you will have an idea of whether this is a normal time frame or not? Also, since the reason this was brought up again is finances being a possible motive, how do payouts generally work if the Mathews were to lose at trial? Surely, they wouldn't immediately be foreclosed on or have their accounts drained, but I could be very naive on that. Thank you!!!

In line with MissMalowe's observation, I once had a VW Passat (I miss that car) that auto adjusted the electric seats depending on which key fob unlocked the car door, or started the engine. Does his car possibly have such a feature?

A real quick search shows that they have DPMS.... Driver Positioning Memory System for drivers seat, steering wheel and side mirrors

ETA: real quick search meaning, I did not investigate further to see if this is a standard feature with all Acura MDXs or only with certain series etc

My ability to find posts I just read is killing my eyes. Someone said with a link that they are searching with the assumption that Sherin is alive. (really wish I could find things right now)
IF she is alive, does this mean they assume she was passed off or dropped with someone and is fine? It has been nearly 2 weeks. Children generally can't survive for long without being hydrated or fed and unless Sherin is being raised by those coyotes (grrr) that would mean a human is feeding her and caring for her.
How much credit can be put into the words of the person who had said they are treating this as if she is alive?
Should we still be hopeful? Is LE (appearing) to do less searches and such because they know someone has taken her?
If so, why not put an Amber Alert back out, or would they avoid that in hopes of not tipping off the perps, thinking they will be more reckless if they are lead to believe this is a recovery effort and not a missing/living person?

IMO based on the fact that LE wouldn't comment on Sherin's passport or it's whereabouts, could be pretty telling in what they are thinking. I would think if they had it, or had found it, that they would simply say "her passport was among the items we seized from the home" but the fact they aren't saying that OR "Sherin's passport has not been located at this time" seems to be a very strong non-answer. We KNOW she had a passport, they recovered other personal documents and it sounds like all of that was quite organized. I am really hoping that maybe this is a reason why the Indian Embassy is working on this as well?

I know this is wishful thinking, and TBH depending on who she may be with, it may be better if she weren't alive, but the best case scenario is she was sold/given to a loving family or to members of her family and for some reason WM won't admit to this action -like it would be shameful or something. :(

They may want to remain hopeful or it may be they just don't want to release their true beliefs about Sherin.

But actions speak far louder than words imo. All of the places they are searching shows the opposite, and they do not believe Sherin is alive. The places, and areas being searched shows they are not in a rescue mode but they are in a recovery mode hoping to find her remains. :(

The report you were referring to is this one (I believe)
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/19/criminologist-missing-richardson-girl-case/

“There are hundreds of people, not a dozen, but hundreds of people that are working on this case right now, 24/7 trying to piece it all together because there is the presumption that she in fact is alive,” said Dr. del Carmen.

But looking at past statistics involving older and similar events, 12 days missing is a lot of time, said Dr. del Carmen.

“The clock is against the individual coming out of this thing alive,” said Dr. del Carmen. “The odds are against her.”

Yes thank you! I have seriously had a headache turn into a migraine almost every day since Sherin went missing. I am already prone to them, but the eyestrain and such from reading and then the brain strain from trying to remember things is really exaggerating normal symptoms and how fast in the day I am experiencing them.
I fall asleep at night checking online and here for updates and wake up and before my eyes even pop open i am reaching for a device to see if Sherin has been found. I guess we all have a couple of cases that for whatever reason eat at us more than others...

From what I can tell from the uploaded files on this lawsuit, the insurance company is the one providing the lawyer, which is the reason for the recent date being pushed to next year. She will no longer be with the company she is with and therefore they requested time so that new council would be familiar with the case prior to trial. The accident happened Sept 2015 and the suit was filed Dec 2016. I am not sure how normal of a timeline this is, but I would have assumed that at this point insurance had already paid and settled before the plaintiff decided they wanted more? Perhaps as a personal injury attorney you will have an idea of whether this is a normal time frame or not? Also, since the reason this was brought up again is finances being a possible motive, how do payouts generally work if the Mathews were to lose at trial? Surely, they wouldn't immediately be foreclosed on or have their accounts drained, but I could be very naive on that. Thank you!!!

If they lost the car-accident case, wouldn't their insurance make the payout??

IDK.

In this pasted transcript from Ashleigh Banfield’s CNN interview with RPD, I bolded some wording by the Richardson PD that piqued my interest. My comments in Red about:

• Who called 911
  • How RPD is treating this investigation: "we had to start out as if this was actually a missing child"
  • How RPD refers to vehicle from 4a-5am: "missing from driveway"
  • Whether SM is cooperating
  • Clues about nature of CPS visit

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: Good evening. I`m Ashleigh Banfield. This is PRIMETIME JUSTICE.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[snip]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Surprisingly, 15 minutes later, he said that little 3-year-old was gone. So he waited until daylight to check again and eventually five hours later to call the police.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][20:05:06]Sergeant Kevin Perlich joins me now. He`s the public information officer for the Richardson Police Department. Sergeant, thank you so much for being with me. What can you tell me about this investigation that we don`t know already?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]SGT. KEVIN PERLICH, RICHARDSON POLICE DEPARTMENT (via telephone): We are looking and still hopeful that some day, we will be able to find Sherin. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]At this point, we are trying to follow up with any leads that we might have and we are looking for some video or anything that anybody might have that might be on some of the thoroughfares that lead away from this home.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]What we do know is that this car, the family car, left from their residence between 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM that morning, and we`re trying to find out where the car went during that time period.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: Has anybody come forward with any video that`s helpful?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: We have been able to get some video, some tips from various citizens around this particular area. And we are sifling (ph) through that, trying to make the best efforts as far as determining who`s on that tape and who may be of interest to us. So we`re kind of working our way through that right now.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][Re: Question of who called 911]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: So it`s my understanding -- and correct me anywhere were I`m wrong, Sergeant, please. But it`s my understanding that the father, Wesley Matthews, was the person who called 911 five hours after this child apparently disappeared. And he would have come in to talk to investigators, is my guess. Did he ever mention anything about a mysterious road trip at 4:00 AM until 5:00 AM?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[Not a clear answer from Perlich.]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Well, that`s what we are working on right now, is some of the stuff that both he and his wife told us on the day that their daughter went missing. Obviously, they were in for a long period of time. We interviewed them extensively. And then we go back and we try to put together what they told us as far as what happened. In this particular case, we are very concerned with the fact that this car was not at their residence during that 4:00 AM to 5:00 AM time period.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: And let me just put this another way. Did you find that fact out after your interview with them?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[Interesting wording from RPD]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Well, he told us what happened and we kind of worked from there. That`s the starting point that you have to go from. I mean, initially, we had to start out as if this was actually a missing child and someone may have abducted her [FONT=&amp]or something else may have taken place to her. And so we conducted extensive searches by air, with K-9, on foot, door-to-door, looking in each back yard, through the drains ditches, you name it, we did it two or three times over trying to either prove or dispel what he was telling us.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: So as I understand it -- and again, correct me if I`m misunderstanding this story -- but this man, Wesley Matthews, told the police she wouldn`t drink her milk, so I punished her by putting her by a tree outside near an alley some 100 feet away from my home at 3:00 o`clock in the morning, which I don`t understand. Why would a child need punishment for not drinking milk at 3:00 AM? But this is the story I understand he told police. And that he went out 15 minutes later to check on her, and she was gone.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]And instead of sounding the alarm at that moment, he did some laundry. He thought he`d wait until daylight to maybe do a more thorough search for her, and five hours later, he reported it to the police. No, if that is his narrative to you, did he leave anything else out that you found out later?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[Re: Car between 4-5am. "Was missing from driveway" interesting]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Well, that is correct. And obviously, for the same reason you have concern with that, we have concern with that story. And so we had to go back and try to rebuild what may have taken place that particular night. And what we`ve come up with in the course of this investigation is between that 4:00 and 5:00 AM hour, one of the cars, particularly the 2013 Acura, was missing from their driveway.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: I`m going push one more time. Did he tell you that in that interview right away at the beginning? Did he say anything about, In that time I thought I`d wait until daylight to search for her, I took a little road trip.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: What he told us is that he went outside, could not find her, thought he`d wait until daylight came by, he`d be able to look again, and he went inside hoping that she just might return. And as he waited, he did a load of laundry. When daylight broke, he couldn`t find her, he decided to call police and that`s been five hours since he first noticed his daughter missing.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: And I guess between your comments, I`m going to read between the lines. You gave me a fact pattern that did not include that mysterious road trip, which is extremely curious in this fact pattern. What about his wife, Sini, Sini Matthews? And I don`t know if I`m pronouncing it right. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]It could be Sini Matthews. You`ve interviewed her, as well. What`s your read on the wife, what she knows, what she has said and whether she knows anything at all about this?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[Re: Whether SM is cooperating now]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Obviously, we`ve done extensive interviews with her, as well. We`d like to do some additional interviews with her. Unfortunately, the attorney that she has does not wish to do that at this particular time. Our understanding is, from what we`re being told, was that she was asleep during the time that he took the child outside.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][20:10:04]BANFIELD: You were being told that by Wesley Matthews or by Sini herself that she was asleep?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: By the two of them.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: And did you feel that the way that was reported to you was believable?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Well, that`s what we have to work off of and that`s what we`re trying to either prove or disprove. And that`s where we`re at with this particular investigation.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: Let me ask you this. Polygraph -- did either of them agree to, were they asked to take a poly?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[Re: If polygraph was an option]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: By the time we got to the point where we would offer a polygraph, they were no longer cooperating with us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: So neither one of them is cooperating now. They both lawyered up with separate lawyers, and that`s it for police interviews with these two, who apparently have a missing child somewhere out there, correct?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: That is correct. And so we`re having to work off of the information we were able to gain from them on the initial day that she was reported missing.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: Sergeant Perlich, do you find it strange when parents have a 3- year-old daughter somewhere out there -- an Amber Alert even went out for her -- aren`t cooperating with the police, aren`t going out in front of the microphones, saying, Dear God, help me find my baby?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Well, it is of concern, but you know, different people react differently, different cultures. But you know, what we`re trying to do is put together the facts as they told them, and we`re working from actual facts, and not whether or not we feel it`s appropriate or not.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: OK. So the fact is, is that the charges he`s facing right now, abandoning or endangering a child, nothing more, but there is always the potential for more. I don`t even need to ask you that. That`s the way the law works.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I want to ask you this, though. In the past, CPS has been contacted about this household. Do you know anything about that?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[Re: Nature of previous CPS call--whether investigation or adoption related.]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: We do know that CPS has conducted a prior investigation there. The exact details you would have to get from them as far as what their investigation that was about.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BANFIELD: And do you know about the second child that they have, not now living in that household with them, but instead being in foster care. Do you know anything about that child?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]PERLICH: Yes, the second child was taken into custody by CPS once Wesley bonded out and was going to return to the home. CPS responded to that home and took custody of the older child. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Here's a hypothetical: If Law Enforcement were to say they expect to make an arrest soon, would that have to be of someone other than WM since he's already been arrested in connection to the disappearance of Sherin? In his case, the charges would just be revised if there has been a new development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie