Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some information on why LE is interested in adoption papers.

https://travel.state.gov/content/ad...-information/learn-about-a-country/india.html

Post-Adoption/Post-Placement Reporting Requirements
CARA requires adoptive parents to submit online post-placement reports on the child through their adoption service provider to CARA and the SAA. The post-placement reports should be uploaded into CARINGS quarterly by the prospective adoptive parents’ ASP during the first year, and twice a year during the second year after the child’s arrival in the United States. The reporting continues for two years after the child acquires U.S. citizenship.

From what has been reported by MSM, it does not look like Sherin's development was reported.

Yes, it also reminded me of Billy Smolinski. His flyers were being torn down in an area where his ex girlfriend lived (she is suspected of being involved or knowing something about his disappearance.)

I cannot work out who or why in this case though.
It just occurred to me that the father may have a relationship with someone else in the neighborhood who is upset by the focus on him... Much like the woman who tore down Crystal's signs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Exploring the car tracking rabbit hole tonight.
First this: http://www.businessinsider.com/can-cops-use-gps-to-convict-you-of-a-crime-2014-1 The companies themselves collect the data, and LE can get the data from the companies. I didn't know that!

Regarding On Star, and how the service has revealed that they collect data on anyone, even after they cancel the service. https://gizmodo.com/5842317/onstar-...nd-location-even-when-you-cancel-your-service from the comments:

MUST read article about cars solving crimes. It's about the software and hardware this company has developed to access car data. Seems like it is pretty quick once they have the part from the car (they do need to remove it) Haven't finished it, so not sure if it will answer our question about how long it will take for FBI to get data back. https://www.msab.com/download/case_studies/MSAB-BERLA-Article.pdf

I am wondering it the latest spate of warrants included one to get the info from whatever company has it.

I think there's an age limit on the Safe Haven Law, if that's what you're referring to.

Edit, I guess not. Haha. I understand what you mean. Yes, they could, although eventually I'm sure they would be caught. Unfortunately, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't think she was passed off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I seem to recall that one state (Oregon perhaps) omitted the age limit from their first iteration of Safe Haven law. And they quickly found themselves dealing with people driving in from other states to drop off their troubled teenagers.

It just occurred to me that the father may have a relationship with someone else in the neighborhood who is upset by the focus on him... Much like the woman who tore down Crystal's signs.

Now I'm kind of hung up on this. If someone is caught doing this, they risk, at the very least, being thought of as a terrible human being, and at worst, connected in some way to her disappearance. So to do something this irrational, there has to be an incredible amount of either passion or anger behind the action.

We've seen women get rid of their children to pursue a relationship before. Child support for a special needs child might tie someone down a bit more than normal.

Not that i think a coyote attacked Sherin. If her father was aware of coyotes in the area that just makes his story sound even more horrible as to the supposed punishment of his little 3yr. old daughter.

Not only does it make his story sound more horrible, it allows LE to charge him more harshly. FYI, I am not licensed in TX but it seems to me that his stating he knew coyotes were in the area triggers the harsher 2nd degree felony language in the statute (rather than a "state jail felony" charge).

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.041. Abandoning or Endangering Child
(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to an unreasonable risk of harm.
(1) a state jail felony if the actor abandoned the child with intent to return for the child;  or
(e) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the second degree if the actor abandons the child under circumstances that a reasonable person would believe would place the child in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or mental impairment.
http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-041.html

Second-degree felony 2-20 years; $10,000 fine
State jail felony 180 days to 2 years; $10,000 fine
https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/archive/html/just/features/0201_01/crimeandp.html

BBM. I think the bold portion is triggered by WM's admission that he knew there were coyotes in the area, and that increases the possible sentence from 180 days-2 years up to 2-20 years. That's why his coyote story is so relevant IMO.

Excellent job posting the recap, Ana. Thank you.

Here's what bothers me: October 9, Day 3 - Navigation unit

I'm hoping the search they did this week at Richland College wasn't based on information they extracted from that unit. Why? Because they didn't find her----- and I think the best hope of finding her is going to be from the information they get from that unit.

I am wondering about all the driver side DNA swabs. One would certainly expect to find the DNA from both parents all over the driver's side. Are they thinking that someone else's DNA might show up? Or just being thorough?

Every time I click on a link to Maria Guerrero’s Facebook that have been in the recent posts here it says “content not available right now”. Is it just me? Or do her posts disappear quickly?

When the link is to a “live” video and I click on it after live has ended I get that message. Just click on the address bar and delete the numbers on the right end of the address stopping at the / the hit enter. That will take you to her videos and you can select the most recent.

I am wondering about all the driver side DNA swabs. One would certainly expect to find the DNA from both parents all over the driver's side. Are they thinking that someone else's DNA might show up? Or just being thorough?
Could be someone else, perhaps the same person who is tearing down signs?

Not only does it make his story sound more horrible, it allows LE to charge him more harshly. FYI, I am not licensed in TX but it seems to me that his stating he knew coyotes were in the area triggers the harsher 2nd degree felony language in the statute (rather than a "state jail felony" charge).

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-041.html

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/archive/html/just/features/0201_01/crimeandp.html

BBM. I think the bold portion is triggered by WM's admission that he knew there were coyotes in the area, and that increases the possible sentence from 180 days-2 years up to 2-20 years. That's why his coyote story is so relevant IMO.

Thanks for posting up that info., and agree, he has incriminated himself for sure with that story. It's just like saying "i knew there was danger lurking out there and decided it was a good punishment for my 3 yr. old anyway", then just went home to do the laundry, waiting for the tot to find her way back home when she decided she felt like doing that. Bizarre.

Not sure.... But as a clever poster pointed out earlier (sorry, I forget who it was) the car in question was driven onto the flatbed to be towed vs just hooked up and towed away, so the DNA of whoever did that (LE or tow company person) will surely be found in that SUV.

I think it would be pretty standard procedure for LE to do that in such a case as this one when there is a missing little child under very suspicious circumstances, IMO.

So many questions in this case. Anyone else wonder why dad would admit to doing laundry? Is this to throw the LE off? It's just a strange thing to fess up to, esp if you know they will search it. Maybe the entire story is fals and whatever happend did at a earlier time. Maybe this crazy story is to throw the LE off completely. Perhaps they should be looking for cameras earlier in the night?

Now I'm kind of hung up on this. If someone is caught doing this, they risk, at the very least, being thought of as a terrible human being, and at worst, connected in some way to her disappearance. So to do something this irrational, there has to be an incredible amount of either passion or anger behind the action.

We've seen women get rid of their children to pursue a relationship before. Child support for a special needs child might tie someone down a bit more than normal.

There seem to be a lot of swirling emotions at the local level. Maria has reported that the church/church members have been targeted for criticism at a minimum. <modsnip>

So many questions in this case. Anyone else wonder why dad would admit to doing laundry? Is this to throw the LE off? It's just a strange thing to fess up to, esp if you know they will search it. Maybe the entire story is fals and whatever happend did at a earlier time. Maybe this crazy story is to throw the LE off completely. Perhaps they should be looking for cameras earlier in the night?

Well, he had to account for his time in some way. Apparently SOMETHING (that he feared was detectable) happened at 3 AM. And likely SOMETHING (that he feared was detectable) took place at that tree. And there was no call to LE until 8 AM.

I am guessing that there was some laundry involved. But anyone who does laundry knows that it takes about 5 minutes to start a load and another 5 minutes some time later to transfer clothes to the dryer.

What he apparently couldn't figure out how to cover for was his one-hour jaunt in the SUV--either hoping or believing that no one would figure that one out.

Maybe one of them is having an affair? There was a case in Ontario Canada - husband and neighbor were having an affair and killed the wife to pursue relationship..

( Marking for reference:

"While they have not said where, police say there are still active searches happening on Wednesday. They’ve focused on areas south of the family’s Richardson home."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...ther-items-from-missing-texas-girls-home.html )

Eta: Key Word here being "south" (not sure if PIM, Ana or others have commented yet on this clear indication of direction, still behind).

Have no way of knowing, of course, but my *guess* would be that they were searching those areas Wednesday due to either surveillance video or car navigation information (or both). If you look back at those videos again, you'll see that LE were searching an area close to the Greenville CoC, also open fields south of that, and also Richland College, which is slightly southeast of that. Those places are located on main arteries that run north-south perpendicular to Centennial. The car navigation system (which I think I read yesterday got sent to Quantico) may have informed them of a westward drive then a southward turn and then maybe a stop within 15 minutes; area business cameras may have also informed them the Acura was on one of those roads or locations. I've read they received lots of video (not just from that person in their neighborhood who was interviewed in the news).

Map:

attachment.php

My 3 older girls all verified it in great detail during their teen years. That is where my badge of honor came from. Every time I said no the replied, “don’t be so grouchy mom”.

I'm betting many of us share in having a similar badge of honor. ;)

Attachments

• map with arrows.jpg
    map with arrows.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 363

Here's what crossed my mind. What if when asked about the vehicle being gone for an hour, he says " It wasn't me. Someone must have stolen it and brought it back. It was in the driveway, not the garage, so anyone could have taken it. I left the keys in it by mistake that night"

That might sound crazy but it's no worse than his dumb milk/tree/laundry story.

If they can't find anyone elses DNA on the driver's side, there goes his story (or my story).

In a recent case in TX where a young woman Molly Matheson was murdered, LE was able to pin the perp down by the time the washing machine ran, in conjunction with surveillance of the perp's vehicle leaving (minutes after the washing machine was started). Since this case also occurred in TX, there's a chance WM saw the news coverage on that and realized LE could learn the washing machine was operated in the middle of the night and he figured best not to lie about it and have to explain it later. See p. 8 of the arrest warrant affidavit for the perp. in the case I'm referencing at the link below if interested. It was some brilliant detective work getting the information from the electric company IMO. https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/W...imbro-Arrest-Warrant-Affidavit-421381543.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member