Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a hypothetical: If Law Enforcement were to say they expect to make an arrest soon, would that have to be of someone other than WM since he's already been arrested in connection to the disappearance of Sherin? In his case, the charges would just be revised if there has been a new development?
It would not be an upgrade to his current charge, at least that's what I would assume based on the penal code. If they were to upgrade his charge it would be something like the charge he already has is being moved to a class 2 or 1 felony because it resulted in her death (IMO), but if he were to be found as the person who actually killed her or caused that harm, then I THINK the child endangerment charge would be dismissed at some point based on the fact the story would then be a lie and his new charges would be manslaughter or murder and he would also likely be charged with obstruction of justice. Also, if she died AFTER 5 am he could be charged with additional things like not only her murder but torture etc depending on what her COD and TOD are... :(

From what I can tell from the uploaded files on this lawsuit, the insurance company is the one providing the lawyer, which is the reason for the recent date being pushed to next year. She will no longer be with the company she is with and therefore they requested time so that new council would be familiar with the case prior to trial. The accident happened Sept 2015 and the suit was filed Dec 2016. I am not sure how normal of a timeline this is, but I would have assumed that at this point insurance had already paid and settled before the plaintiff decided they wanted more? Perhaps as a personal injury attorney you will have an idea of whether this is a normal time frame or not? Also, since the reason this was brought up again is finances being a possible motive, how do payouts generally work if the Mathews were to lose at trial? Surely, they wouldn't immediately be foreclosed on or have their accounts drained, but I could be very naive on that. Thank you!!!

Most car accident cases I've seen with only soft tissue damage (back/neck chiropractor-type treatment) settle in less than a year. The car insurance would pay the full amount unless they were under-insured or un-insured. Their rates would then go up, but no vast sum of money would be taken from them. More complex car accident cases, especially if they go to trial, can take several years. These typically are more severe injuries such as traumatic brain injury or loss of limb or life. Insurance companies often will pay for property damage right away (if their insured is at fault that is) but will fight against claimed injuries and medical bills if they are high. They may try to argue the injury was pre-existing or being faked, for example.

So many questions in this case. Anyone else wonder why dad would admit to doing laundry? Is this to throw the LE off? It's just a strange thing to fess up to, esp if you know they will search it. Maybe the entire story is fals and whatever happend did at a earlier time. Maybe this crazy story is to throw the LE off completely. Perhaps they should be looking for cameras earlier in the night?

I've just always sensed he mentioned it as an attempt to appear forthcoming--he had to know LE might have found out about the water/electricity usage at 3:15 and considered it suspiciously pointing to 'clean up.' (When's the last time you did laundry at 3 AM?) My feeling is that laundry did indeed run at that odd hour and he was trying to pass it off as something he happened to think of doing while waiting for Sherin to return. Just killing time. Ludicrous, but that's his story and he's sticking to it.

Now whether or not Sherin was put out by that tree at 3AM is debatable...but I'm betting utility records will indicate the truth of the laundry-in-the-middle-of-the-night time, which is why I'm thinking he confessed to doing it then.

The rest of the story sometimes seems to me to be almost too eager to incriminate himself (eg. Volunteering knowledge about coyotes, telling LE she was put out by that tree rather than safely in the enclosed back yard)--making me wonder if there's something diversionary going on. Who knows at this point, though.

ETA: catching up, just saw post #560 by SBHack with much better explanation re the utility stuff

Yes thank you! I have seriously had a headache turn into a migraine almost every day since Sherin went missing. I am already prone to them, but the eyestrain and such from reading and then the brain strain from trying to remember things is really exaggerating normal symptoms and how fast in the day I am experiencing them.
I fall asleep at night checking online and here for updates and wake up and before my eyes even pop open i am reaching for a device to see if Sherin has been found. I guess we all have a couple of cases that for whatever reason eat at us more than others...
From that report, the person who says this has no connection with the case and is only speculating. I got excited this morning when I saw the headline but was quickly brought back down to earth after reading it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My ability to find posts I just read is killing my eyes. Someone said with a link that they are searching with the assumption that Sherin is alive. (really wish I could find things right now)
IF she is alive, does this mean they assume she was passed off or dropped with someone and is fine? It has been nearly 2 weeks. Children generally can't survive for long without being hydrated or fed and unless Sherin is being raised by those coyotes (grrr) that would mean a human is feeding her and caring for her.
How much credit can be put into the words of the person who had said they are treating this as if she is alive?
Should we still be hopeful? Is LE (appearing) to do less searches and such because they know someone has taken her?

<snipped for focus>

Here is one article expressing hope (though time is 'our enemy'), though I've read more:

'Time is our enemy'; police using drones in Sherin Mathews search ...

www.wfaa.com/news/crime/drones-assisting-officers...search-for-sherin.../483976843

3 days ago - "We're always hopeful that we can find her alive," an officer said. "But time is our enemy." Mathews disappeared Oct. 7 after her adoptive father, ...

And this one, stating Perlich was the one who made the comment:

Police Seize Electronics & More From Missing Girl's Home « CBS ...

dfw.cbslocal.com/.../police-seize-electronics-navigation-system-in-missing-girls-case/

2 days ago - As police continue to search for the missing girl, Perlich explained, &#8220;You will ... that we can find her alive, but time is our enemy,&#8221; Perlich said.

I think the LE expressing that hope are certainly credible, though also acknowledging that with each passing day things (statistically) can look bleaker.

Also don't get the impression they're reducing searches. I think they're being more discreet about them, maybe, but another article I read said they had over 100 people working on the case 24/7 (night and day). I don't think they've kicked back at all.

JMO, IMO

From that report, the person who says this has no connection with the case and is only speculating. I got excited this morning when I saw the headline but was quickly brought back down to earth after reading it.

It sucks that so many non-relevant people are being quoted and used as experts in MSM and making a name for themselves when all it does is take a little bit of digging and we find out half of them don't even live in the area and know as much about the case as we do (if not less because they aren't all sleuthing every detail). IMO a degree or a job title doesn't make you an expert in a specific case. LOL I am feeling a bit snarly about this. I wish that these "experts" would speak in a more generalized way. Had he said "in these types of cases we usually treat them as a rescue and not as a recovery... I am not a part of this case and haven't heard from Local LE to know for certain what route they are going, but generally in cases of missing children, this is the stuff we would look for and this tends to be the standard procedure..." but nope, he (and others) have made themselves sound like they are taking time out of doing their jobs in finding Sherin to do this quick interview, when in reality, they likely haven't even spoke to someone on the case... GRRR

That is extremely odd in this case. That has happened in the Crystal Rogers case, and the person doing it was caught. She is the current girlfriend of the man suspected of killing Crystal, so I understand the psychology behind her actions. But who on earth would do this in this situation?

It also happened in the Maddie and Baby William case - Maggie's mother and sister were caught in video removing the flyer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is news to me...is there a link? Tia.

Maria said she saw a burnt flyer in the video posted up thread. I took notes. I should have included this link previously.

So I took notes during Maria Guerrero's in depth video. I know that a lot of information we know and are currently discussing I just thought it would be helpful to post to recap on and for anyone new joining the thread who wanted to have a quick recap.

Parents are members of Emmanuel Bible Church in Irving

Maria spoke with church members. They want the 4 year old out of foster care… not necessarily with Sini but just to be with family. That is the only reason the want to be present at the court on Monday.

Church members are cooperating with LE and they DID NOT bond WM out. Feeling attacked.

October 7, Day 1 - The only thing that was taken (listed in the logs) was digital files from a cell phone.

October 8, Day 2- Laptop

October 9, Day 3 - Navigation unit

October 10/11, Day 4/5 - Taken from the families 3 vehicles, (2 are still in police custody, 1 has been returned - the Lexus from Maria’s video) dried grass & debris, twigs, a receipt from Costco from 10/5, drivers side floor mat, swabbed brake, gas, steering and gear shift. 6 Swabs done on the van that is still in police custody. Acura (the one driven between 4-5am on Saturday, October 7) floormat, DNA swabs, grass, USB, interior sunroof slide cover, seatbelt, cabin air filter, radio module.

Other items include:
2 yellow gloves, dish scrubber, grocery bags, shoes, black trash bags, black fabric, several wooden spoons/ fork (hanging), red plastic, blue string with hair like fibres, bank account information form a south Indian bank (Wesley is from southern India) Contents of vacuum cleaner, medical gloves - Maria states Sini is an RN (from their background checks - doesn’t know if she works but that is her profession) pink t-shirt, changing table cover & the one that really stuck out to Maria - the washer and dryer. She then recaps on Wesley’s “story” including doing the laundry. Washer and dryer may hold potential evidence. Maria thought the wooden spoons, washer and dryer and blue string with hair like fibres was the most interesting.
Maria says a deputy visited the property yesterday on an unrelated matter.
Church members are doing prayers daily for Sherin and for whatever happened to come to light. They have been targeted with hateful messages from the public but they say they have always cooperated with police.

LE won’t say what they found from the search at Richland College other than “articles of interest”. Those articles are being analysed and Maria doesn’t know if the articles are linked or even if police will release that information.
LE say that if they do more searches it will be specific areas like what they did with near Richland College.
LE is not saying who, other than the parents, saw Sherin for the last time or when and where. But they do know this.

She doesn’t know how LE knows this timeline is correct but as of now they are going off this timeline.

Maria says she doesn’t know if the hearing is open to the public. But the church members do want to attend.

Maria was with the church members in the early days and that they actively were searching for Sherin. They have done searches of their own and Maria was with them when they were posting flyers. Prior to the flyers being burnt and scattered on the ground ripped off.

LE are not saying why they think this SUV was gone for an hour on the morning of her disappearance.

Storm drains have been checked and checked again by LE.

LE not talking about Sherin’s passport – it’s not one of the items on the list. She has asked LE about the passport and they do not want to comment on that.

Maria will be there for the hearing on Monday.

Mom has NEVER been charged with anything. Saturday, October 7 is the last day the Mathew’s cooperated with LE. She retained an attorney only because of her biological daughter that was taken away by CPS.

Maria understands everyone has theories but she is just telling us what she knows.

Maria saw a flyer that had been burned.

Maria interviewed one of the church elders on the day Sherin went missing and now they are almost too afraid to come forward because of the hate that they have received.

Maria states Wesley will not be able to have contact with the 4 year old if she is given back to Sini or any other family member. Maria’s understanding is that Sini has seen her daughter through CPS because she is foster care right now. But Wesley is not allowed.

No pressers scheduled right now. RPD has been very open with Maria and answered questions as soon as he can. When there is something huge in this story it will likely involve a presser with the chief but there is nothing planned at this time.

Apparently Indian media looking into the legality of the adoption but they have not been able to confirm this.

Maria is sure they will look at the footage from Costco.

Don’t know if Sherin has been punished that specific way in the past – she says she will ask RPD – doubts they will tell her.

Kent Starr says they have different attorneys because they don’t want a potential conflict of interest.

Maria doesn’t know where Wesley is – he’s not at the house because he cannot have contact with his family but he does have to stay within Dallas County.

Neither has taken a polygraph and LE can’t talk to them without an attorney present.

Church members aren’t stating anything about suspecting the parents other than wanted the bio daughter out of foster care and praying for everyone involved.

They checked near a pond near Richland College – LE won’t say whether they found anything in the water at this point.

Maria won’t say what she believes in regards to if Sherin is still alive – discusses that LE said they hope she is but time is the enemy. States we’re on day 12 now.

FBI is still involved.

Coyotes – Discusses the story WM stated. No evidence to prove coyotes. Neighbours say they haven’t seen coyotes really.

Doesn’t know if washer and dryer are new and old?

LE have looked everywhere – dumpsters etc.

Canines did not pick up a strong scent at the tree. Not to say dogs are right all the time but they did not pick up a strong scent.

WM bonded out of jail shortly before midnight on Sunday, October 8… CPS came in early Monday morning and removed the 4 year old – this might indicate why she was removed. They still don’t know what happened to her sister so that is not unusual.

Maria thought the item being removed looked like blue fabric; it was soft as LE pressed down on it. But LE are not saying if it has been positively linked to this case.

ETA: I refer to this video here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your post is missing and you don't know why feel free to private message me. Bickering closes threads. Remember to scroll and roll, agree to disagree or alert if you feel someone has posted something they should not.

My ability to find posts I just read is killing my eyes. Someone said with a link that they are searching with the assumption that Sherin is alive. (really wish I could find things right now)
IF she is alive, does this mean they assume she was passed off or dropped with someone and is fine? It has been nearly 2 weeks. Children generally can't survive for long without being hydrated or fed and unless Sherin is being raised by those coyotes (grrr) that would mean a human is feeding her and caring for her.
How much credit can be put into the words of the person who had said they are treating this as if she is alive?
Should we still be hopeful? Is LE (appearing) to do less searches and such because they know someone has taken her?
If so, why not put an Amber Alert back out, or would they avoid that in hopes of not tipping off the perps, thinking they will be more reckless if they are lead to believe this is a recovery effort and not a missing/living person?

IMO based on the fact that LE wouldn't comment on Sherin's passport or it's whereabouts, could be pretty telling in what they are thinking. I would think if they had it, or had found it, that they would simply say "her passport was among the items we seized from the home" but the fact they aren't saying that OR "Sherin's passport has not been located at this time" seems to be a very strong non-answer. We KNOW she had a passport, they recovered other personal documents and it sounds like all of that was quite organized. I am really hoping that maybe this is a reason why the Indian Embassy is working on this as well?

I know this is wishful thinking, and TBH depending on who she may be with, it may be better if she weren't alive, but the best case scenario is she was sold/given to a loving family or to members of her family and for some reason WM won't admit to this action -like it would be shameful or something. :(

I wish we had answers and not just guesses and our own wandering minds...

I am thinking that they work on the assumption that she is alive unless/until they can establish that she died. Although the guy giving background in that same article did point out that the odds go down considerably over time, based on prior experience.

In thread 1 or 2 I posted a long explanation about how and where residue can get trapped /remain in front and top loaders.

My front loader is definitely a residue holder. Never again

Thanks, I've been looking for that one for the past ten minutes or so. :)

ETA: This was the encouraging item I wanted to add from that article:

Nearly two weeks later, investigative experts feel it is what the public is not seeing that could be the most important to a resolution in the case.
&#8220;There is no question that most of what the FBI and law enforcement are doing, you don&#8217;t know about,&#8221; said Dr. Alex del Carmen, a Criminologist with Tarleton State University.

I've just always sensed he mentioned it as an attempt to appear forthcoming--he had to know LE might have found out about the water/electricity usage at 3:15 and considered it suspiciously pointing to 'clean up.' (When's the last time you did laundry at 3 AM?) My feeling is that laundry did indeed run at that odd hour and he was trying to pass it off as something he happened to think of doing while waiting for Sherin to return. Just killing time. Ludicrous, but that's his story and he's sticking to it.

Now whether or not Sherin was put out by that tree at 3AM is debatable...but I'm betting utility records will indicate the truth of the laundry-in-the-middle-of-the-night time, which is why I'm thinking he confessed to doing it then.

The rest of the story sometimes seems to me to be almost too eager to incriminate himself (eg. Volunteering knowledge about coyotes, telling LE she was put out by that tree rather than safely in the enclosed back yard)--making me wonder if there's something diversionary going on. Who knows at this point, though.

ETA: catching up, just saw post #560 by SBHack with much better explanation re the utility stuff

Hmmmm. Think she might be buried in the back yard? Using the tree as the last place she was seen might have been about diversion?

If your post is missing and you don't know why feel free to private message me. Bickering closes threads. Remember to scroll and roll, agree to disagree or alert if you feel someone has posted something they should not.

Truly appreciate the moderation.

Hmmmm. Think she might be buried in the back yard? Using the tree as the last place she was seen might have been about diversion?

Honestly, I kinda doubt that...because the dogs LE brought in would've likely picked up the scent in their backyard if he'd buried her there or anywhere near there. So the tree wouldn't have been diversionary enough. The diversionary tactic I'm wondering about is not regarding so much where she might be, as maybe who might be involved in her disappearance and/or death--ie., his offering up unnecessarily self-incriminating details in those first hours, prior to attorney shutdown.

And that Acura left with her in it, I'm thinking. That was a fast-paced, purposeful trek.

JMO, IMO

Wondering if they are also checking area surveillance videos for Friday (Oct 6) after 4 PM? (Assuming they are.) Seems that surveillance videos from the entire previous 12 hours since she was seen at preschool could also fill in the timeline a bit.

Wondering if they are also checking area surveillance videos for Friday (Oct 6) after 4 PM? (Assuming they are.) Seems that surveillance videos from the entire previous 12 hours since she was seen at preschool could also fill in the timeline a bit.

Has there been LE or MSM confirmation that she went to preschool on Friday until 4? Sorry in advance if this has been posted already. I've been looking for that info, and can't find it. I do know that the preschool has 3 plans (2 days, 3 days, or 4 days a week) and they have extended hours before and after school to accommodate family work schedules. So if she was there Friday, she could have been there until 5 or 5:30. But we don't know if she was there Friday. Because LE has said they know who was the last to see her, but haven't said who that was and where/when that was.

I think that she may be buried beside a tree ... in a place where coyotes can be heard at 4:00 in the morning.

My front loader is definitely a residue holder. Never again
They are quite disgusting. I had mine one year before dumping it on the recommendation of a doctor. I have a friend who claims she can thoroughly clean that rubber in the front but it does not spin and you will put your neck out doing it right. It grossed me out anyway just thinking about what was trapped in there, and my specialist said people with autoimmune and allergy issues should never use one of these. That gave me a good reason to get a new one and never have to clean that thing again.

I hope they had a front loader in particular. There will be residue in any kind of washing machine, but a front loader may be a goldmine of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member