Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have also pushed her in with his legs. Though I'm wondering if she was not in very far. LE didn't take those rocks, and I would think if she had been placed further in, those rocks would have been taken as evidence in case of a possibility of the person who dumped her having moved/touched them.

Has it been confirmed that Sherin’s body was found in between two rocks? I have seen a photo of a culvert with two rocks posted on here but can’t recall seeing confirmation that was the actual culvert where she was found.

Thanks! I'm always wary of posting any FB links b/c of TOS. I'm almost positive it is okay as long as it is a verified news source but, I always second guess myself.

The slow-mo vid was very nice! Can anyone imagine, with two cars in there, taking a child in there to feed her? The car almost touched the wall of the house when they pulled inside. I wonder what is behind that door to the left? A storage room? Laundry room?

Haven't read through today, but I THINK the door on the back wall off to the right goes into a laundry room and then the door on the left I THINK accesses the fenced in back yard. Obviously, just speculation but saw in one of the earlier threads a possible layout for the home and the poster said that style was very popular there but couldn't verify if this was the home or not, but that layout did show a door off the garage into the yard... could be anything though as the wall looks to be slightly angled, we don't have an aerial view of the home to my knowledge to know if the garage is shaped like that on the outside. If not it could be a small sep office/man cave, room they store a deep freezer or spare fridge? Basically maybe a small temperature controlled room for those larger items? Just my opinion.

ETA the Google Maps sat photo. It does look like their may be a cut out in the garage based on the roof lines and what appears to be an awning attached. Going through the neighbourhood it appears awnings or gazebos are normal. The neighbour straight up has a whitish/beige one which is why i realized this was an awning and not a different shade of roofing.

attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/91...0x9dbd5de4a104f76!8m2!3d32.9339947!4d-96.7141

Attachments

• 919.jpg
    919.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 353
This whole 'assisting her to drink' thing makes me nuts. How do you 'assist' a 3 yr old to drink? All you can do is pour milk down their throat. Otherwise there is no need for assistance if they are already drinking.

That wording is incorrect/misleading-- because there is no 'assisting' in drinking. If she was actually drinking it, no one would need to assist in any way. She would be drinking on her own.

To 'assist' means he was forcing her to try to swallow the liquid. Sounds like manslaughter at the very least, to me. :jail:

I have a feeling that the wording "assisting" is the best that the attorney could come up with for the situation for his client. :gaah:

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?
Disposing of items used, I would imagine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has it been confirmed that Sherin’s body was found in between two rocks? I have seen a photo of a culvert with two rocks posted on here but can’t recall seeing confirmation that was the actual culvert where she was found.

No mention/confirmation of how far in the culvert her body was at the time it was found, nor how/where it was in relation to the rocks.

How often is that area mowed I wonder. Was it tall grass previously or was it always mowed regularly/looked just like the day she was found?

He could have also pushed her in with his legs. Though I'm wondering if she was not in very far. LE didn't take those rocks, and I would think if she had been placed further in, those rocks would have been taken as evidence in case of a possibility of the person who dumped her having moved/touched them.

I think it was Omair who said it appears that the rocks may actually be built in. He couldn't verify it, but that was the impression he had from looking from the outside.

I am not sure WHY they would add in an obstruction, unless the water flows extremely fast in there and they wanted it to slow down before it rushes out the other side? I wondered if that grate thing they were looking down from the top side was above these rocks as they would likely require regular maintenance esp during the rainy season, to prevent the pipe from becoming completely inefficient and I am sure a small manhole or access hole would be a lot easier to work with than climbing through...

JMO

Random thoughts, after catching up on the thread. Sorry for not replying to individual posts, but my computer is being very wonky and keeps bogging down.
The black pants. I thought they were pajama bottoms? I have seen very cute toddler pajama sets with black bottoms and colored tops, and I thought that's what they were. Ok, here it is, from her missing info: "She was last seen wearing a pink top, black pajama bottoms and pink flip flops."

How far was she in the culvert? Someone posted pics of inside the culvert, with a dark stain which I now am figuring was fluids from her body. LE (from Maria Guerrero) said the body was "a ways inside." So if there was a way to tell how far in the dark stain is?

How much water flowed through there in that rainstorm, and was it enough to move the body? In video taken the day after her body was found, there was standing water on the north side of the western culvert (not the one Sherin was found in). And the areas on both sides of both culverts were muddy, and there was actually standing water in the western culvert (I watched a video of two women trying to put a measuring tape through the western culvert and there was easily a couple inches of water in there). In researching culverts of the city, I learned that water flowed north through that area. So it would have pushed her further into the culvert (if she was placed on the south end) or moved her out of the culvert (if she was placed at the north end). Does that make sense?

Records indicate an inch of rain fell on the day that the body was found. Prior to that, no rain fell since the day she went missing. I guess if the rain fell in a torrential downpour, and based on the lay of the land, it could have built up enough flow to go into the culverts, but, at what rate of flow? Since it hadn't rained much in awhile, the earth could have absorbed most of the rain, especially if it were a slow, steady rain. The records did not indicate if the rain fell in the early morning hours and throughout the day, on the day Sherin was found, or after she was found, though. Just that there had been no rain since she'd been missing, until the day they found her.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SherinCulvert2.jpg
    SherinCulvert2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 260
  • SherinCulvert1.jpg
    SherinCulvert1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 262
I have really tried to read everything on here, but I may have missed this - what did he have this baby in the garage for at 3 AM? Why were they not in the kitchen or family room or whatever? For some reason this is really bugging me.
It doesn't make sense to me either. Looking at the house layout the garage is no further away from the bedrooms as others rooms in the house that would more appropriate for having a drink in the middle of the night. A garage to me is a cold and clinical place, not somewhere where you would be cosy and comfortable whilst having a night time drink.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that the wording "assisting" is the best that the attorney could come up with for the situation for his client. :gaah:

The only "innocent" way I could see the word "assisting" being used is if he was simply holding the bottle or cup for her... but if that is how he "assisted" he did it very wrong... jmo

I honestly believe she was likely placed in on the tree side too. I said from the start that all lies have some form of truth and when I saw that the culvert opened up on one side with a big tree I immediately thought "at least he didn't lie about a tree"... Also, just because she was removed from the side that doesn't have the tree, doesn't mean it's what was closer either, it simply may have been safer for the recovery team, offered more room to setup, OR in order to access her they would have had to crawl through evidence from the tree end, so to avoid disrupting that, they went from the "wrong side" and removed her (meaning she could have started at the tree and made her way through the entire culvert coming out the side the memorial is on during the recovery), and then when they finished recovering her, they may have continued up the culvert towards the tree and collected hairs, fibers, DNA etc and of course taken photos and all of that, "disturbing" the scene as they worked their way through, starting at Sherin and moving up and out... The only thing LE has said about her location is that she was INSIDE the culvert UNDER the road. From the photos I have seen of the culvert, it appears that the opening of the culvert regardless of which side, is a good ways from the road itself, with a grassy area large enough to need maintained before hitting the shoulder of the road and then the road itself. I would love it if someone could measure that out, from openings on both ends to where the road begins. The photos make it look like its a good 20-30ft but as someone who takes a lot of photos, I also realize that depth and size simply don't always show in photos the way they do in real life!!

JMO as always!!

Hard to know about how the body was placed without a lot of other info (when, what condition, how contained, etc). However, If one wanted to get something deep inside, one way to go about it would involve running a line of some sort through (something thrown with the line attached, line attached to some sort of launch mechanism like bow/arrow, sending a small animal like a dog through with the line attached) and then pulling the body through to the center.

Not advocating for this scenario. Just presenting it as one possibility.

Haven't read through today, but I THINK the door on the back wall off to the right goes into a laundry room and then the door on the left I THINK accesses the fenced in back yard. Obviously, just speculation but saw in one of the earlier threads a possible layout for the home and the poster said that style was very popular there but couldn't verify if this was the home or not, but that layout did show a door off the garage into the yard... could be anything though as the wall looks to be slightly angled, we don't have an aerial view of the home to my knowledge to know if the garage is shaped like that on the outside. If not it could be a small sep office/man cave, room they store a deep freezer or spare fridge? Basically maybe a small temperature controlled room for those larger items? Just my opinion.

ETA the Google Maps sat photo. It does look like their may be a cut out in the garage based on the roof lines and what appears to be an awning attached. Going through the neighbourhood it appears awnings or gazebos are normal. The neighbour straight up has a whitish/beige one which is why i realized this was an awning and not a different shade of roofing.

attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/91...0x9dbd5de4a104f76!8m2!3d32.9339947!4d-96.7141

I don't see a lawn mower or many yard tools in the garage other than the few items hanging nicely on the side garage wall. They don't appear to have a storage shed in their backyard either. I'm still thinking that other door is a small storage area either with the water heater or at least the other yard tools (or both?)
A neighbor was quoted as saying they didn't know the Mathews, just saw them outside doing yardwork. So even if they hired someone for mowing/don't have a mower, I imagine they would have more yard maintenance things than just what is hanging in the garage.

All my own thoughts/speculations.

Hmmmm .... you guys must have missed my post.

Did I read that Sherin's body has been released?

If so, shouldn't we hear COD soon?

Would someone please respond to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read that they did release her body. I don't know if COD will follow soon or not. They may have to wait for reports.

Hard to know about how the body was placed without a lot of other info (when, what condition, how contained, etc). However, If one wanted to get something deep inside, one way to go about it would involve running a line of some sort through (something thrown with the line attached, line attached to some sort of launch mechanism like bow/arrow, sending a small animal like a dog through with the line attached) and then pulling the body through to the center.

Not advocating for this scenario. Just presenting it as one possibility.

With that possibility, one could use a long rope and a ball attached, roll the ball through from one end to the other, attach the body (say she is in a duffel bag as that would hold well), and then pull on one end and pull the bag inside. BUT this does not allow for the rope to be detached from the bag without crawling inside, and even if you used a dog, it wouldnt undo the rope, and doing a knot that you know would come loose and let go would be risky as it could have come untied just out of reach and not far enough in, or could have not let go and had pulled all the way through, unless of course, those rocks are built in and those "caught" and the rope pulled loose. Otherwise, I guess we will find out that they recovered a rope or something at the recovery scene as well :( If that is the case though, this speaks very strongly of premeditation, which goes back to the question 'why isn't he charged with murder?' Based on his current charges I would think the scene doesn't contain evidence that would suggest premeditation... You do offer a great idea!!

JMO

I don't see a lawn mower or many yard tools in the garage other than the few items hanging nicely on the side garage wall. They don't appear to have a storage shed in their backyard either. I'm still thinking that other door is a small storage area either with the water heater or at least the other yard tools (or both?)
A neighbor was quoted as saying they didn't know the Mathews, just saw them outside doing yardwork. So even if they hired someone for mowing/don't have a mower, I imagine they would have more yard maintenance things than just what is hanging in the garage.

All my own thoughts/speculations.

I wonder if the apparent lack of a lawn mower goes to the "power equipment contents" perhaps they took the entire mower, and it's contents (as the mower blades are often a plethora of debris), but knew the list would get out so they kept some of these more scary items with a more vague explanation?

I think it may have been Maria Guerrero, though it could have been Omair, who showed the yard and the front was very shaggy while the neighbours was not. So, I feel they likely do their own yard work as the grass hadn't been cut since Sherin went missing, though a hired person, even a teen, may have quit when Sherin went missing and hate spread like rapid fire. I can't imagine trying to mow their lawn for them with all the people at the memorial and media all wanting to ask their questions about who the Mathews are...

I think it was Omair who said it appears that the rocks may actually be built in. He couldn't verify it, but that was the impression he had from looking from the outside.

I am not sure WHY they would add in an obstruction, unless the water flows extremely fast in there and they wanted it to slow down before it rushes out the other side? I wondered if that grate thing they were looking down from the top side was above these rocks as they would likely require regular maintenance esp during the rainy season, to prevent the pipe from becoming completely inefficient and I am sure a small manhole or access hole would be a lot easier to work with than climbing through...

JMO

What grate thing?

I hope LE will be able to speak with Sherin's doctor so they can know for sure if the parents were told by her doctor to wake her up and force her to drink her milk or shake. I would think interrupted sleep would also be harmful.

I cannot imagine that any professional would urge parents to force feed a child, at any time of day or night.

However, the middle of the night feedings seem more likely to have been recommended, particularly if waking at night was usual, as it might have been. Don't know where they were with toilet training and if she was still diapered at night. It is not unusual for parents of children at a certain age to wake them in the middle of the night to go pee, or for others to wake in a wet bed.

It does appear, based on both of WM's accounts that a power struggle around eating/drinking was in play. And based on the adoption progress report eating problems (which could have been organic or could have been more behavioral/control related) were noted at home but not elsewhere further suggesting an environmental component.

Placement of culverts is actually more careful than you might think. There is always a slight slope, at least when they are initially put in. While it's common for a bit of pooling of water at either end to happen, due to earth erosion where the water hits the ground with the most force initially, the majority of it should continue to travel downhill, being absorbed to a degree as it goes.

From time to time work has to be done on ditches and other land it passes through to keep it moving steadily. I see this being done all the time where I live, particularly if the flow becomes blocked to the degree that it cannot drain off the roads efficiently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This culvert looks a bit more like the one I have on my property, where the road run-off, goes down the slope. If our culvert weren't there, it would flood the property owner's land across from us. So, lucky us, we got the run-off side b/c our pasture is the deeper side. It's not so bad though, the water has cut it's own little creek bed back down into the woods.

The culverts on this road, have never been cleaned or maintained, that I've ever noticed. At least the ones on our property, b/c ours have looked the way they look, for all the years I've lived here, and that's a loooong time.

It looks as if they installed those, where Sherin was found, b/c they didn't want the road-water run-off, and rain, to flood the flatter, southern area, and possibly the tracks, so they have it flowing down into the deeper cut, on the northern end.

If the family vehicle left the house at around 4am. for an hour until 5am., and seeing as Sherin was found such a short distance from home less than a mile, wonder why it took WM so long to get back to the house?

I'm still thinking he went to the area near the college first.

What grate thing?

After they found a "small body" their were images or video via MSM showing LE up above ground with what looked like an access panel/grate/manhole thing open and they were inspecting it from above and looking down. Their was also an image of them examining the grate thing (sorry I don't know the terms) that takes away water flow off the road that is built into the curb. I saw the pictures on WS when they were first released. I just tried to google but I couldn't find anything except the culvert memorial and some scene photos from that.

GrouchyMom tends to be great with finding these links again, maybe she can help with those images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257