Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs are never that accurate that they could pinpoint time of death to a specific hour. Unless you are watching a movie.

I disagree - bugs are close to giving a time of death
I had one case where the parents were murdered by the son and he left them whilst he jetted off from the UK to USA
They lain undiscovered for almost 4 weeks and the bodies were mummified
I was present at both autopsies and had maggots all around and flies all around covering the walls . The entemologist was able to tell me exactly how many cycles that the flies/maggots/flies had gone through and by definition, the time of death.
Once the offender was located and interviewed, he gave a full account of all that had transpired and the time and date that he murdered them. His time and date matched up to the entemologist time/ date of death ( without the offender being aware of what time / date the entemologist had predicted).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard rumored that at times LE does pop in here when they are a bit stuck and that it helps them to think outside of the box a little bit. I think its great and that because of TOS requiring we post links to "facts" and theories/thoughts as such it would make it easier for them to navigate. So in that sense, I know its worth it, as it isn't just US sitting here theorizing, but rather could offer thoughts that LE may not have even considered. Like above where someone said they thought maybe a plumbers snake could have been used to pull Sherin into the culvert. These are such random little things, but if LE remembers seeing an item like this, or found a receipt for one recently etc, it could really help them. I don't know if they are watching this thread, I am guessing not based on the amount of evidence they already collected, but so many seem to require the public help that small snippets like that could very well give assistance. Again I just heard this was a rumor they show up here at times, but if it's true it's very cool!!

Wisdom of the Crowd. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably not very significant, but I'm still confused as to the mothers remarks, when identifying the clothing.

"Could have been something her daughter wore."

"https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20171025/281487866598060

I can understand perhaps not remembering exactly what your child wore to bed, but how can you not know those are definitely her clothes? Purchasing them, doing laundry, picking up dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper, dressing the child, folding them and putting them away..... Either she has the worst memory in history or she did 0 chores around the house/doesn't come into contact with her childrens' clothing much, which I find bizarre.

As with the affadavit of WM's confession, we are getting statements from LE, not the person's verbatim. And--we don't know for certain what the clothing looked like after a fortnight in less than optimal conditions. But, we also don't know if Sherin was wearing the same thing she was wearing when she went to bed. Among legit reasons for changing during the night would be having peed the bed. Also, while we think of bedtime being a thing every mom is in charge of, we don't know how things fell out in their household due to work schedules. So, that bizarre-sounding remark as reported by police may have been cobbled together by LE from, "yes, Sherin has an outfit like that," and "I don't know what she was wearing when she went to bed," or "I know she was wearing something different when I tucked her in."

Something else that I don't think we have touched on is living in a state of denial--not yet ready to come to grips with knowing that your husband has killed your youngest. Or not wanting to be the person who puts him away for life, regardless of the facts at hand.

I took this with a grain of salt because they were showing her photos, and she likely didn't want to admit to herself that her child was dead and her husband knew :( BUT the photos of the clothes likely would have been the clothes very filthy and hard to recognize. They wouldn't have washed them up as they will be evidence in court (or might be), so they may have had bodily fluids and stains causing colors to be different. Also, if she was missing in a pink shirt and black pants and that's what they found her in (this hasn't been confirmed), it would be difficult to know if those were Sherin's black pants. I am just speculating, but heck, go online shopping for clothes where they are trying to make them look good, it's hard to know what you will be receiving and many reviews often say the item was not the same color etc as in the photo. Many sites now say "color will be slightly different based on your monitor" but if you have ever taken photos you know color often doesn't show up the way it appears in real life. So with dirt, decomp, debris and possible holes or other damage to the clothes, it would be hard to know without physically touching and seeing them if they were 100% your childs IMO. Even if she was able to handle the items and get a feel for their size and such, the state the clothes were in could still throw a person off...

I just commented something very similar before I saw this.

As I continue to watch the news and read and research what is known in this case, and ponder the possibilities , my heart just hurts for Sini and her child . I cannot imagine living the horror and reality of this tragedy .

As I continue to watch the news and read and research what is known in this case, and ponder the possibilities , my heart just hurts for Sini and her child . I cannot imagine living the horror and reality of this tragedy .

Same...
Sini and the older daughter are going through so much right now. I can't imagine my husband being in jail, likely for life, my daughter being in state custody, having to plan my other childs funeral and burial arrangements, dealing with the pressure and hate from the community and likely having lost family members and of course friends and maybe even her church...

I don't know if Sini is back at the house or not, but she had been gone since the day of the Lexus video. I don't know why she was out of the house, but I am guessing it's because it is littered with memories of her children, and seeing their empty rooms, and not even having a hubby to go to for comfort. I imagine that house is extremely lonely, and stepping outside for fresh air or to even check the mail has media running up to try and get a glimpse to see if you are grieving properly or have anything to say.

Both Sini and the older daughter at this point, have really lost everything, their families, their homes, their possessions, how they will trust people for the rest of their lives...

The ripple effect of WM's hour of actions is incredibly tragic :(

The mom's answer just struck me as odd.... Almost non-committal.

If they were in such sad shape that no one could tell if the shirt was pink and the pants were black, why would LE ask her to try to identify them?
The pink shirt (if it was plain colored) I can see mud or staining making it harder to recognize but......
Black pants.....you don't get any darker than that. What stains would be darker than black pants?

If they were in such sad shape that no one could tell if the shirt was pink and the pants were black, why would LE ask her to try to identify them?
The pink shirt (if it was plain colored) I can see mud or staining making it harder to recognize but......
Black pants.....you don't get any darker than that. What stains would be darker than black pants?

And the clothes probably had tags in them with the brand and size. If they were GAP pants and she never bought anything at GAP, or if they were size 4 and Sherin wore size 2, she would know they weren't hers.

but if it was a plain pink shirt, the only reason to believe it would be Sherin's is if she had one similar and it was the same size. That alone isn't a confirmation that they were hers, yes its a strong suggestion, but not a guarantee, hence the dental records.

As for the staining on pants. My daughter is 15 and almost exclusively wears black. Her black clothes have the most visible stains on them out of all her colors. Anytime she does art she manages to get paint on her clothes, without fail, and despite it claiming to wash out, it always leaves a stain, she has red and white stains from art class on her black clothes. She also has pink highlighter stain on her favorite black sweater. I have no clue if these pigments cover the black or if they somehow remove the black, but she is definitely stained. Also, anything oily or greasy will usually appear on black. Sherin's clothes were not washed so anything she had contacted would have left a mark, from dirt and debris, to a possible milk spill being dried, other foods esp snacks like cheese goldfish crackers, cheetos, and chips, the orange powder seems to leave a residue that does wash out, but since these garments weren't washed, if she had come in contact with a snack on the floor of the car or in her carseat etc, she easily could have had these traces on her. Many kids sleep in comfy clothes that are still good, but not good enough to go out in public, and for some people this is as simple as a stain, while others wait for clothes to be holey for them to be retired to the pj drawer...
JMO

As with the affadavit of WM's confession, we are getting statements from LE, not the person's verbatim. And--we don't know for certain what the clothing looked like after a fortnight in less than optimal conditions. But, we also don't know if Sherin was wearing the same thing she was wearing when she went to bed. Among legit reasons for changing during the night would be having peed the bed. Also, while we think of bedtime being a thing every mom is in charge of, we don't know how things fell out in their household due to work schedules. So, that bizarre-sounding remark as reported by police may have been cobbled together by LE from, "yes, Sherin has an outfit like that," and "I don't know what she was wearing when she went to bed," or "I know she was wearing something different when I tucked her in."

Something else that I don't think we have touched on is living in a state of denial--not yet ready to come to grips with knowing that your husband has killed your youngest. Or not wanting to be the person who puts him away for life, regardless of the facts at hand.

BBM
Yes, this was basically what I was meaning in my post and it being an odd response / non-committal.
I wondered if she was wearing something different than what she last saw her in, for whatever reason....

but if it was a plain pink shirt, the only reason to believe it would be Sherin's is if she had one similar and it was the same size. That alone isn't a confirmation that they were hers, yes its a strong suggestion, but not a guarantee, hence the dental records.

As for the staining on pants. My daughter is 15 and almost exclusively wears black. Her black clothes have the most visible stains on them out of all her colors. Anytime she does art she manages to get paint on her clothes, without fail, and despite it claiming to wash out, it always leaves a stain, she has red and white stains from art class on her black clothes. She also has pink highlighter stain on her favorite black sweater. I have no clue if these pigments cover the black or if they somehow remove the black, but she is definitely stained. Also, anything oily or greasy will usually appear on black. Sherin's clothes were not washed so anything she had contacted would have left a mark, from dirt and debris, to a possible milk spill being dried, other foods esp snacks like cheese goldfish crackers, cheetos, and chips, the orange powder seems to leave a residue that does wash out, but since these garments weren't washed, if she had come in contact with a snack on the floor of the car or in her carseat etc, she easily could have had these traces on her. Many kids sleep in comfy clothes that are still good, but not good enough to go out in public, and for some people this is as simple as a stain, while others wait for clothes to be holey for them to be retired to the pj drawer...
JMO

So they are stained, yet still obviously black originally.....

I disagree - bugs are close to giving a time of death
I had one case where the parents were murdered by the son and he left them whilst he jetted off from the UK to USA
They lain undiscovered for almost 4 weeks and the bodies were mummified
I was present at both autopsies and had maggots all around and flies all around covering the walls . The entemologist was able to tell me exactly how many cycles that the flies/maggots/flies had gone through and by definition, the time of death.
Once the offender was located and interviewed, he gave a full account of all that had transpired and the time and date that he murdered them. His time and date matched up to the entemologist time/ date of death ( without the offender being aware of what time / date the entemologist had predicted).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are talking about pinpointing the time of death to within an hour. I don't know of any cases, where it was that accurate.

We are talking about pinpointing the time of death to within an hour. I don't know of any cases, where it was that accurate.

When I brought up the use of a forensic entomologist yesterday, the post I responded too had suggested that the word "believe" in WM's affidavit regarding her death may imply that he had believed she was dead and brought her to someone else and later perished and was disposed of by someone else.

My argument is that IF that happened, a forensic entomologist would be able to tell based on the bugs, if she had died the day she was reported missing, well before the day she was reported missing or in the days or weeks following her being reported missing.

Like Angleterre said, bugs are extremely accurate. Links were also posted by myself and by vmmking yesterday about the accuracy of forensic entomology which are really informative and explain not only the life cycle of the bugs, but the types of bugs, how they burrow into the skin, hatch and when which type of bug is used. I believe it said that after 1 month they then begin to look at beetles and bugs that enjoy a dryer environment. The links also said that if the environment was wet or moist or if there were open wounds or injuries, that bugs actually can begin to do their work within an exceptionally fast time (hours).

"Some insight into determining time of death here.

https://www.sfu.ca/~ganderso/forensicentomology.htm

"The second method,*that of using maggot age and development can give a date of death accurate to a day or less, or a range of days, and is used in the first few weeks after death." -vmmking

and the link I shared. The posts are #367 and #368 in this thread. Hope they help!!

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/

When I brought up the use of a forensic entomologist yesterday, the post I responded too had suggested that the word "believe" in WM's affidavit regarding her death may imply that he had believed she was dead and brought her to someone else and later perished and was disposed of by someone else.

My argument is that IF that happened, a forensic entomologist would be able to tell based on the bugs, if she had died the day she was reported missing, well before the day she was reported missing or in the days or weeks following her being reported missing.

Like Angleterre said, bugs are extremely accurate. Links were also posted by myself and by vmmking yesterday about the accuracy of forensic entomology which are really informative and explain not only the life cycle of the bugs, but the types of bugs, how they burrow into the skin, hatch and when which type of bug is used. I believe it said that after 1 month they then begin to look at beetles and bugs that enjoy a dryer environment. The links also said that if the environment was wet or moist or if there were open wounds or injuries, that bugs actually can begin to do their work within an exceptionally fast time (hours).

"Some insight into determining time of death here.

https://www.sfu.ca/~ganderso/forensicentomology.htm

"The second method,*that of using maggot age and development can give a date of death accurate to a day or less, or a range of days, and is used in the first few weeks after death." -vmmking

and the link I shared. The posts are #367 and #368 in this thread. Hope they help!!

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/
<modsnip>Bugs aren't exact science. There are a lot of variables that can affect bugs. I am not putting much credence into bugs since I followed Danielle van Dam's case.

It may also be because English isn&#8217;t the mother&#8217;s first language and Indian English has subtle differences to American English such as the use of different terms.

O/T but this just made me think that our google searches, and our theories etc probably have us all flagged by multiple gov agencies. It's amazing the thoughts you have and the things you search for when you are trying to put a morbid puzzle together :(

I told my husband and kids the same thing the other day! I said I hope that nothing happens to me to make them look at my search history, then they would think I was possibly a serial killer or something. They all giggled at me, FWIW, but I wasn't exactly joking, LOL!:shame::blushing:

I told my husband and kids the same thing the other day! I said I hope that nothing happens to me to make them look at my search history, then they would think I was possibly a serial killer or something. They all giggled at me, FWIW, but I wasn't exactly joking, LOL!:shame::blushing:

My search history is so disturbing. I would not want anyone to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper