Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that the power item contents mentioned on the house search papers would be contents of items notated as being taken from the home. eg. clothes in the washing machine and dryer, or dvd in the drive of a laptop?
ShopVac!

sorry to disappoint this time. I am usually a hoarder of pics, articles, videos and documents but I did not save the pic of LE reaching into the torn drain inlet. I didn’t see it as relevant and didn’t see it anywhere else. I went back through the threads and it may have been deleted or I missed it. Sorry I was just thr same kind of inlet that is famous from Stephen King’s movies and books, “IT”.

Thanks Grouchymom, I know a photo of the LE investigator was posted upthread and some of us remember the photo. I might take a browse on the earlier threads to see if i can find it again and will post it up here if i can find it. I want to look at it again myself, but as another poster here stated it could of been just looking there for evidence?

Do any of you know cases where a child was killed accidentally by a parent and the parent dumps the body elsewhere and makes excuses?

No, but I know plenty that claimed this happened.

My brother is an anesthesiologist who grew up and lives in the Deep South. His passion is hunting, fishing and frogging. He's a country boy through and through. He was out of state (but along the upper Mississippi River) for his son's wrestling tournament. While killing time between events, he went to a dive bar to listen to music and watch a pool tournament. When he went back home, he read about an unsolved murder in the town where he visited. I went on a forum and began researching and commenting on the river currents and establishments along the river, etc and gave his opinion. Apparently he was spot on. A short time later, he was in surgery and a charge nurse came in and told him that he had an important call to be available. It was the FBI! They had his private cell phone number and traced his employer. When brother explained in minute detail the river's currents and bends and the importance of recognizing this information needed to keep a hunter/fisherman safe. That was the end of his sleuthing.

I figure that I'm on a watch list somewhere... I signed on, April 2016, when the Rhoden murders occurred (still following that one). I'm surprised I've not had a knock on the door from all the research on just that one. :eek:hoh:

Thanks for looking!! I know you are really great at keeping records and remembering where to find things! Thanks for trying! I tried to google it and had no luck, just the images of the culvert itself. i wonder if it may have been removed as it might not have been MSM or proof that it was off Sherin's scene? If I recall it was fairly close up, and didn't really give a reference of what was around the workers...

It was on David Goins twitter page, there was a short video showing the search going on, Hannah VanHuss Davis retweeted it .

She's not saying anything that could be used against, or incriminating against, her husband. How non compliant is that? I don't think that she ever went to actually i.d. anything in person, either, did she? I think that spousal immunity thing is going to come into play here, should it go to trial.

Couldn't failure to cooperate with police be considered as an accessory after the fact? Perhaps not because it's her spouse??????? I don't know.

Yeah I don't know if I could crawl into a short one to save my own kid or if I would tell them to wait and call LE, BUT adrenaline would be fueling me and I likely would, and adrenaline was most likely fueling WM as well, and given the fact there are documented cases of people lifting cars because of adrenaline, I can see how in an adrenaline fueled need for self-preservation that he would crawl in... and once inside, he would have been dedicated to getting in and getting out... I do feel he more than likely went in feet first pushing her with his legs to keep an eye on the entrance, and so he wouldnt be face to face with Sherin though... but regardless of how or even who, this is good proof that he COULD have fit and it wouldn't require someone super small to have done this dirty work. Firefighters with equipment can do it, without the fuel of a flight or fight response, I think that means anyone who has everything to lose could do it.... :(

OK here's a thought. Among nagging questions. One of the pieces of evidence removed from the Acura was something like the sliding sunroof cover. I can picture what that is, but wouldn't have thought it was removable and certainly couldn't figure out why it might be important as evidence. but suppose it could easily be snapped out, it might be about the the right size to serve as sort of a sled, or spatula to slide a body far enough into the culvert to not be noticed, and then slide back out again.

What say you all?

Excellent Grouchymom, thankyou for finding it. So it was a video, my bad. Could WM have slid Sherin into that point and she ended up at the opening of the culvert after the rain?

Excellent Grouchymom, thankyou for finding it. So it was a video, my bad. Could WM have slid Sherin into that point and she ended up at the opening of the culvert after the rain?

No

Evidence may have washed into this inlet but it is not connected to the culvert

There is no such thing as spousal immunity when it involves a minor child. Someone posted the laws about this in the last thread.

Accessory after the fact? Also a no, as you have the fifth amendment right to not say or do anything that may be self-incriminating.

We know Sini claims she was asleep AND WM also said she was asleep. So, if this is true as we are supposed to believe based on the fact she hasn't been charged, she may honestly feel she has nothing else to add. Her lawyers may have received a list of questions that the police would like to ask her and it could be as simple as they have already been asked and answered. We simply do not know.

Police interviews/interrogations are almost always extremely long (the shortest when I was the VICTIM was 14 hours of sitting in a small room with two chairs and a table and a camera aimed at me), LE have made it sound like they are not looking at her to come in to just have a friendly chat, but rather in hopes of being able to make an arrest. This is repeated by LE in their few press releases where they state that there may be more charges and other arrests, all in the same release as them asking her to come in and talk.

If that was ME I would feel like that was a threat and that if I so much as was off my original statement by 5 minutes that they may arrest me. If I was Sini I would NOT be participating after the public demand for her to get the death penalty (smh) or the fact that LE seems to be alluding to the fact that they want to arrest her also. JMO...

I honestly cannot help but wonder if LE has an emotional attachment to this case beyond the evidence and is seeking her out despite her husbands story and arrest because of both the "community" demanding her to be arrested and because this was a small child... Again JMO

IF they had anything to charge Sini with at all right now I am almost 100% sure they would, whether it was obstruction or littering I think if they had anything on her they would be using it.

Considering that WM isn't charged with Murder at this point, I wonder how much evidence they really have, beyond Sherin's body being found...

I know that the evidence won't come out until trial, but given the fact that both of his arrests were made after he gave them incriminating statements, I can't help but wonder if they have found anything more. If ALL they end up having is Sherin's body and no cause of death or aspirating on milk as the cause of death and a confession which is likely to be recanted, the charges may end up only being something to do with moving/discarding a body...

All my opinion and speculation etc...

Couldn't failure to cooperate with police be considered as an accessory after the fact? Perhaps not because it's her spouse??????? I don't know.

I think prosecutors would have to determine if SM had guilty knowledge somehow?

It may also be because English isn’t the mother’s first language and Indian English has subtle differences to American English such as the use of different terms.

I imagine it more like LE asking "the body had on black leggings, could these be Sherin's?" "Yes, they could be, she had some that were plain black and that's what I put her to bed in that night."

Then, when it's reported to the media, it's reported as "a body has been found, and Sherin's mom says the clothing could be hers" (as opposed to it definitely wasn't something Sherin wore).

No

Evidence may have washed into this inlet but it is not connected to the culvert

Okay thanks, so the two things are not connected, then i agree they could of as you say been looking for any other evidence.

I keep seeing people say the protein shakes, the formula, etc. BUT has it ever been reported as anything other than milk?

Yes. At least one of the media articles had either a quote or a paraphrasing of LE saying that it was some kind of Pediasure-type drink and not straight milk, because in the beginning it was being reported simply as "milk".

There's a video of the Mathews' garage online. Unfortunately there is no fridge or freezer in there.

This was in response to that particular video, and some of us wondering, myself included, what was behind the door to the left. We'd thought it might be a storage area, and possibly a place for an extra fridge, or freezer too. OP from Canada said that extra appliances were common in Canada, and my response was that, it was common to have extra fridges and freezers where I live too.

I was thinking he didn't know what to do during this time and drove around. He also probably sat in his car thinking about what to do next after dumping her body.

This is a possibility, but, I'd not drive around all over town, on an early Sat. a.m., with a dead body in my car. I'd not drive around with a dead body in my car period, unless it were my pet's, and I was transporting it home for burial... He should've done that thinking at home, before he left, while he was cleaning up.

This is a possibility, but, I'd not drive around all over town, on an early Sat. a.m., with a dead body in my car. I'd not drive around with a dead body in my car period, unless it were my pet's, and I was transporting it home for burial... He should've done that thinking at home, before he left, while he was cleaning up.

In some of the more recent reports, they have said he left around 4am and returned within the hour---as opposed to the initial reports that said he left at 4am and returned at 5am. So, maybe he wasn't gone for a full hour.

LE showed her photos of the clothing. They did not say if she came in to do that, but said she was cooperating with that. I would assume to prevent the images from being leaked to MSM or social media that they required her to come in to view those photos. JMO since we haven't seen them

The little girl's identity was confirmed by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office through dental records and her mother Sini Mathews confirming the child's clothing. On Tuesday, Richardson police made a plea for Sini Mathews to agree to speak with police. She has not cooperated with police since the weekend of Oct. 7.

Dental records confirmed the child's identity. She did obtain those to turn over to LE but has not cooperated, other than providing dental records, and i.d.-ing the child's clothing through pictures. Honestly, the dental records said it all, it's Sherin Mathews. They'll likely be able to tell if those clothes were what she was wearing prior to her death with or without Mom, anyway. If someone assisted a child to the point of them choking to death on milk, there will likely be milk residue on her blouse, at the very least. If it is clean of any residue, other than residue from the culvert, then she was changed prior to leaving her there.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/N...d-as-3-Year-Old-Sherin-Mathews-452832073.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina