Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. At least one of the media articles had either a quote or a paraphrasing of LE saying that it was some kind of Pediasure-type drink and not straight milk, because in the beginning it was being reported simply as "milk".

Police confirmed that the child was much smaller than other kids her age, and that it was common for her to eat several times each day and night in an effort to put on some additional weight. Officials added that the “milk” being fed to the girl was more like a protein shake.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/missing-girl-parents-uncooperative/

Regarding the bold section, I was also trying to rationalize it as maybe Sherin waking up, possibly WM says he'll go and Sini goes back to sleep. Then maybe rationalizing the garage by putting Sherin in the car and saying "let's pretend we're going on a journey". But the latter implies reasonably calm and caring, so how could that switch to standing back and watching her die and then hiding the body and lie about what had happened?

When I went into hospital for an op earlier this year, when I awoke in recovery I asked for water. The nurse gave me a cup and I took about 5ml in my mouth and it went down the wrong way...but I was in a too-flat reclining position and still so sore from the op that I couldn't cough properly, so the nurse can't have noticed I was choking on it and just asked me if I wanted more. I indicated "no" and got on with choking quietly, obviously not seriously and it did settle okay within a few minutes.

Was Sherin reclined/laying down as he helped her drink and so she choked quietly as I did, and he didn't notice until it was too late? But then that would be a tragic accident and no reason to hide the body?
RBBM Perhaps he had her in the car seat.

OK here's a thought. Among nagging questions. One of the pieces of evidence removed from the Acura was something like the sliding sunroof cover. I can picture what that is, but wouldn't have thought it was removable and certainly couldn't figure out why it might be important as evidence. but suppose it could easily be snapped out, it might be about the the right size to serve as sort of a sled, or spatula to slide a body far enough into the culvert to not be noticed, and then slide back out again.

What say you all?

That occurred to me as a possibility as well. I'm sure it would have scratches on it. It would at least allow her to be slid a bit further, probably not a significant ways unless a rope or something was attached to it and then it was pushed further in with a rake or broom or something.

I imagine it more like LE asking "the body had on black leggings, could these be Sherin's?" "Yes, they could be, she had some that were plain black and that's what I put her to bed in that night."

Then, when it's reported to the media, it's reported as "a body has been found, and Sherin's mom says the clothing could be hers" (as opposed to it definitely wasn't something Sherin wore).
I was thinking this too.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

There's a video of the Mathews' garage online. Unfortunately there is no fridge or freezer in there.

Grouchymom posted an excellent slow-motion version of the garage video. It's clear that there is no fridge, freezer, table, chair, stool, cupboard, container or any other evidence that Sherin regularly took her drinks in the garage. IMO. Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WO0nov1zHERmZON3U2enQ1Tm8/view

It's the cleanest garage I've ever seen. You could practically eat off that floor though I doubt Sherin ever did. JMO.

Has it been confirmed that Sherin’s body was found in between two rocks? I have seen a photo of a culvert with two rocks posted on here but can’t recall seeing confirmation that was the actual culvert where she was found.
I saw somewhere these rocks are set in rebar.
They aren't going anywhere!
Who would have known that???
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It doesn't make sense to me either. Looking at the house layout the garage is no further away from the bedrooms as others rooms in the house that would more appropriate for having a drink in the middle of the night. A garage to me is a cold and clinical place, not somewhere where you would be cosy and comfortable whilst having a night time drink.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Perfect palcw if you are hiding behavior from wife and passerbys.
No basement so...
MOO

I wonder if the apparent lack of a lawn mower goes to the "power equipment contents" perhaps they took the entire mower, and it's contents (as the mower blades are often a plethora of debris), but knew the list would get out so they kept some of these more scary items with a more vague explanation?

I think it may have been Maria Guerrero, though it could have been Omair, who showed the yard and the front was very shaggy while the neighbours was not. So, I feel they likely do their own yard work as the grass hadn't been cut since Sherin went missing, though a hired person, even a teen, may have quit when Sherin went missing and hate spread like rapid fire. I can't imagine trying to mow their lawn for them with all the people at the memorial and media all wanting to ask their questions about who the Mathews are...
Did that neighborhood not have an HOA that handed "yard work".
Sure seems like it would!
MOO

It may also be because English isn’t the mother’s first language and Indian English has subtle differences to American English such as the use of different terms.
I thought only dad spoke it. He was the one who called to speak to Sherin in India.
MOO

I'm thinking that if they don't up his charges he will plead guilty as charged.
I'm also thinking that in his 2nd statement he held steadfast that Sini had no hand in anything and she was sleeping.
The autopsy report I think is going to come back COD as undetermined because of the advanced decomp.
I don't think there will be a trial and we will have to wait until the statement he gave is released to see all the details that he gave in his 2nd statement.

Are we expected to hear anything from the courts today?

Couldn't failure to cooperate with police be considered as an accessory after the fact? Perhaps not because it's her spouse??????? I don't know.

She has provided necessary evidence, and performed the actions, requested of her,(search the house, i.d. clothing, gave them dental records, etc..,) but refuses to be interviewed/questioned any further. So I'd say she's safe on any obstruction charges. Her lawyer is a criminal lawyer and is advising her of her rights. I don't fault her for having a lawyer, at all.

Dental records confirmed the child's identity. She did obtain those to turn over to LE but has not cooperated, other than providing dental records, and i.d.-ing the child's clothing through pictures. Honestly, the dental records said it all, it's Sherin Mathews. They'll likely be able to tell if those clothes were what she was wearing prior to her death with or without Mom, anyway. If someone assisted a child to the point of them choking to death on milk, there will likely be milk residue on her blouse, at the very least. If it is clean of any residue, other than residue from the culvert, then she was changed prior to leaving her there.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/N...d-as-3-Year-Old-Sherin-Mathews-452832073.html
If no milk residue, it's also a possibility that the milk incident did not even happen.

We may find out in the end that every single detail was a fabrication. I'm not saying I believe that now, but it is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw somewhere these rocks are set in rebar.
They aren't going anywhere!
Who would have known that???
MOO

I'd like to see that because it doesn't make sense to me.

MOO

Is that really that common? I've just never known anyone who lived somewhere that the HOA took care of yard work except for condo situations. I'm sure this happens, but I still wonder how common it is.

MOO

Their home is in a large, ungated neighborhood. While it's likely they have a HOA, unless it's a condo situation, the HOAs down here do not typically do maintenance--in our experience their main job is enforcement, and letting you know if you're guilty of an infraction.

I thought only dad spoke it. He was the one who called to speak to Sherin in India.
MOO

That particular language or dialect, yes. But she grew up in a different area, still in India. I can't imagine English is her only language.

That particular language or dialect, yes. But she grew up in a different area, still in India. I can't imagine English is her only language.

From Wikipedia

Besides Hindi, the following languages (arranged in descending order as regards numbers of speakers) are each spoken by more than 25 million Indians - Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia and Punjabi.

I'm thinking that if they don't up his charges he will plead guilty as charged.
I'm also thinking that in his 2nd statement he held steadfast that Sini had no hand in anything and she was sleeping.
The autopsy report I think is going to come back COD as undetermined because of the advanced decomp.
I don't think there will be a trial and we will have to wait until the statement he gave is released to see all the details that he gave in his 2nd statement.
I think they will still be able to tell if she had fluid in her lungs from aspirating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members