Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I believe that is why the DA felt child endangerment charges were the best charges to bring against WM. Even if he recants his confession, she did die while on his watch, so obviously the DA could make child endangerment charges stick even without his "confession". It's obvious harm came to her while she was being cared for by the parents.

I am still of a mind that the mother knows more than she is letting on.......why else would she not go search or talk to anyone? "That's our story and we are sticking to it". JMO

Didn't they change that initial charge of child endangerment to felony injury to a child though?

Sini not searching if there were search parties etc set up would be weird to me, but her not helping when LE was actively saying they didn't need any help and were NOT wanting search parties at that time makes me feel she was advised to not search either.

And the not talking to anyone, right from the beginning, she gave her statement and was basically enemy number 1, maybe even moreso than WM despite him being the one arrested. She lost her child and her husband and then her other child all in those first what 30 hours? She got a lawyer pretty much immediately after her daughter was taken. He did give a brief statement outside of the home, and once again Sini was persecuted.

So, basically people are hating on her and saying she should be in jail based on the fact that she didn't search when LE said not to, and because she herself didn't make a public plea or statement, when her lawyers did and have, and they are picked apart and used to hurt her more :(

I def have suspicions, but I have absolutely nothing to back those suspicions up.

Even if Sini HAD went and searched, LE would then have said she was not cooperating because she was interfering in their own search and investigation and may contaminate a crime scene, etc...

JMO

Again, in the horrifying event that I were put in her shoes, and I'm sitting there with one child missing, one removed, my spouse arrested, and then they find my missing child, is deceased, I would not be giving interviews. I would have a lawyer, to advise me of my rights and what to do to get my other child back. God Bless Her! She may be guilty as sin, I'll say it, that thought's run through my mind, but she's not yet been named a suspect, so it appears, as of now, that it's all on dad. So, for people to put her on trial in the public court, of the internet, and the groups converging around her home, harks back to the witch hunts of the 1600s.

Didn't they change that initial charge of child endangerment to felony injury to a child though?

That is the current charge, but I don't know if the charge was in addition to, or an upgraded charge? As in, does he have two or one charges against him?

If he has both charges that could be a max penalty of 99 years for injury AND 20 more years for the child endangerment.

Again, in the horrifying event that I were put in her shoes, and I'm sitting there with one child missing, one removed, my spouse arrested, and then they find my missing child, is deceased, I would not be giving interviews. I would have a lawyer, to advise me of my rights and what to do to get my other child back. God Bless Her! She may be guilty as sin, I'll say it, that thought's run through my mind, but she's not yet been named a suspect, so it appears, as of now, that it's all on dad. So, for people to put her on trial in the public court, of the internet, and the groups converging around her home, harks back to the witch hunts of the 1600s.

There was a time where child "abuse" was legal and yet when kids went missing no one acted this way, they took what was said at face value. If the parents said they woke up and their child was missing, the town went and searched. If the parents said the kid was shipped off to live with family, it also wasn't questioned... Clearly there were likely a lot of unreported murders and crimes against children back then, but it truly is astonishing how nowadays you can so much as not be smiling in a social media photo and be torn apart...

I completely agree with you. We, as a society, need to go with our instinct but follow the evidence. If we threw everyone in jail who was "off" or had a morbid sense of humor or gave us the creeps etc, we would all likely be in jail...

ALL JMO

I've experienced the same- including here on WS. It is frightening and raises red flags of some folks own emotional and mental stability to get so involved in cases of strangers that anyone who presents a differing viewpoint is labeled the enemy and harassed.

In regards to the local community's reaction, I do think as a past poster said, most comes from good intentions and the uneasiness of not wanting to give sympathy to a potentially responsible person. Of course, also the horrific nature of crimes against children and not being able to make sense of how it could happen at all, let alone happen in one's home without knowledge. But, I've spoken with countless parents who have cried, been suicidal, been diagnosed with PTSD, and questioned what is wrong with them that they missed the "signs" of their spouse sexually abusing their child. Or the guilt they feel in not leaving an abusive marriage before the abuse expanded to be directed also at the children. I choose empathy and withhold judging how I believe someone is supposed to respond to tragedy as my lens and experiences are likely not the same. I am not convinced she knew about what happened and until evidence surfaces saying otherwise, she'll continue to get my empathy. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I also feel that it’s possible WM is abusive, including to Sini. Just my opinion based on what appears to be his intense need for control. People like that don’t usually limit that control to one relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also feel that it’s possible WM is abusive, including to Sini. Just my opinion based on what appears to be his intense need for control. People like that don’t usually limit that control to one relationship.

This would not be a surprise to me, either.

That is the current charge, but I don't know if the charge was in addition to, or an upgraded charge? As in, does he have two or one charges against him?

If he has both charges that could be a max penalty of 99 years for injury AND 20 more years for the child endangerment.

I would think if WM changed his story the second time, the child endangerment charge of leaving Sherin out by the tree that caused her to be missing is no longer valid because it was not true, and thus the charge as of now is felony injury to a child after he told his second story. If there is further evidence he intentionally murdered Sherin that charge will be upgraded to murder.

I had speculated this early on, but it was't until GrouchyMom posted the slow motion video of the garage that really said to me that SOMEONE in that house seems to have control issues. EVERYTHING was in it's place, the floor was spotless and shiny, I realize it was likely epoxied to have the shine, but it had been walked on by how many people during the investigation? Their cars drive in and out and in that slow motion there didn't seem to be a tire track, or even a piece of dirt. Of course Sini likely spent a lot of the time she was at the house cleaning, a lot of people do that especially if it's expected within a relationship, or she may have felt very violated (i would have) by the intrusion into her home and felt the only thing she could do was clean. BUT even if she had taken time to sweep and mop the garage, the entire garage was almost show room with nothing on the floor, no boxes or trash, mops and brooms all hanging on their own hooks etc. If that is how their garage looks I can only imagine the expectations of "perfection" on the inside of the house. It could be that Sini is a clean freak, but IME and IMO it is more likely that it was expected of her, or maybe all three girls or even the whole family, to always have everything perfect. It shocked me because we have had it confirmed now that she worked, and that he worked. There has been no talk of a nanny or sitter or house keeper or yard person. I am a SAHM and live with family and our house is rarely ever spotless, when I watch cleaning videos I am the person who thinks it looks amazing before they begin LOL... so I can see a LOT of pressure and control on a family with two very young children in that home based on what little we have seen. My aunt's husband requires her to work, and requires her to keep the house immaculate, she eventually hired a maid to come in once a week to do the things like dusting and a thorough vacuum and mopping etc, but she is always worn to the bone, she works at the hospital in the office but the hours are still crazy. Before she met her husband, she was far more laid back. She always cared for her things but she never stressed over them the way she does now. It's sad but she doesn't see it the way the rest of the family does...

Obviously, just my opinion and observations.

I would think if WM changed his story the second time, the child endangerment charge of leaving Sherin out by the tree that caused her to be missing is no longer valid because it was not true, and thus the charge as of now is felony injury to a child after he told his second story. If there is further evidence he intentionally murdered Sherin that charge will be upgraded to murder.

That's what I suspect happened, but since they never worded it as his charge being upgraded or even mentioned the other charge it has left me a bit confused. The only thing I do vaguely recall is they said that with the new charge his bond was revoked. I don't know if it would have been had it been a simple upgrade to an existing charge.

What you said makes sense, but I sort of figured that since he said he believed she was dead and then removed her from the house, that his dumping her could be endangerment still.

JMO

Yes exactly!! I mean there are genuine sociopaths out there who simply don't feel, but those are the "evil genius" types that get away with dozens of homicides before ever even being looked at, generally speaking.

I am NOT saying that what he did is forgivable. BUT the fact that he has been or is still (haven't seen an update) on suicide watch, turned himself in TWICE and didn't run or kill himself when he was out on bond, IMO shows that he is at least owning up to things emotionally...

I find myself teetering on how I feel about Wesley Mathews as well. Some days, I feel similarly to you & everything you just wrote. Another day I feel like he probably feels nothing yet or hasn't reflected much because he's still possibly in the fog of shock/denial that many people experience right after experiencing trauma (or causing trauma).
And then there are days like today.....where I think being on suicide watch doesn't mean a hill of beans. Could be that he (or the people working his intake) wanted to ensure his being separated from general population. Could be that he is indeed suicidal, but moreso for reasons of ruining his own life vs causing the loss of someone else's, or both. Not running was perhaps simply because he knew it would be fruitless given his ankle monitor and LE likely watching him closely. Not taking his own life...perhaps he simply didn't have it in him. Turning himself in....he only gave 2 stories, the first of which wasn't even true, and was only told in an effort to have everyone think she was missing vs dead. The 2nd story is still questionable at best and doesn't seem to admit to anything more than assisting her with drinking. If he was truly and whole-heartedly remorseful, and for the right reasons, none of us would still be here posting our theories about what happened and where & when things went wrong, and that toddler wouldn't have been decomposing in a culvert for two weeks.
He's sorry I'm sure.....but probably not for all the right reasons.

I find myself teetering on how I feel about Wesley Mathews as well. Some days, I feel similarly to you & everything you just wrote. Another day I feel like he probably feels nothing yet or hasn't reflected much because he's still possibly in the fog of shock/denial that many people experience right after experiencing trauma (or causing trauma).
And then there are days like today.....where I think being on suicide watch doesn't mean a hill of beans. Could be that he (or the people working his intake) wanted to ensure his being separated from general population. Could be that he is indeed suicidal, but moreso for reasons of ruining his own life vs causing the loss of someone else's, or both. Not running was perhaps simply because he knew it would be fruitless given his ankle monitor and LE likely watching him closely. Not taking his own life...perhaps he simply didn't have it in him. Turning himself in....he only gave 2 stories, the first of which wasn't even true, and was only told in an effort to have everyone think she was missing vs dead. The 2nd story is still questionable at best and doesn't seem to admit to anything more than assisting her with drinking. If he was truly and whole-heartedly remorseful, and for the right reasons, none of us would still be here posting our theories about what happened and where & when things went wrong, and that toddler wouldn't have been decomposing in a culvert for two weeks.
He's sorry I'm sure.....but probably not for all the right reasons.

I agree, he likely is remorseful for a plethora of reasons, but I do think that he wouldn't have said anything (the second time) if he didn't feel badly. He could still be out on bond and have no further charges pressed as autopsy results etc are still pending (to our knowledge). We also do not know his full story, just enough to file charges. He may have been there for hours giving an updated statement. His lawyer also may not have allowed him to confess to something bigger. Have to remember that the lawyer wouldn't be doing his job if he allowed his client to walk in and say enough to be charged with a capitol offense.

That said, so far it seems to me that this lawyer is doing a good job, which if it comes to a trial, will be great for the prosecution, as WM will have little argument for reason to switch council to hold things up, and his appeal process will be a lot more difficult if his council continues to remain seemingly quite cunning and competent. Again, JMO

There was a time where child "abuse" was legal and yet when kids went missing no one acted this way, they took what was said at face value. If the parents said they woke up and their child was missing, the town went and searched. If the parents said the kid was shipped off to live with family, it also wasn't questioned... Clearly there were likely a lot of unreported murders and crimes against children back then, but it truly is astonishing how nowadays you can so much as not be smiling in a social media photo and be torn apart...

I completely agree with you. We, as a society, need to go with our instinct but follow the evidence. If we threw everyone in jail who was "off" or had a morbid sense of humor or gave us the creeps etc, we would all likely be in jail...

ALL JMO

CPS needs to learn balance. It is a travesty that parents get visits, and a case opened, for parenting their own way, not abuse, but parenting. There are no perfect parents, we are all fallible, yet, children like Gabriel Fernandez and the little twins whose mother cooked them, and who has to be insane, were apparently ignored by CPS! GF was safely with his grandparents. SMH.

They are now charging parents, who co-sleep with their infants, if the infants die, from what I'd call from sids, but they're calling it suffocation... and charging them in the deaths of their children.

CPS needs to learn balance. It is a travesty that parents get visits, and a case opened, for parenting their own way, not abuse, but parenting. There are no perfect parents, we are all fallible, yet, children like Gabriel Fernandez and the little twins whose mother cooked them, and who has to be insane, were apparently ignored by CPS! GF was safely with his grandparents. SMH.

They are now charging parents, who co-sleep with their infants, if the infants die, from what I'd call from sids, but they're calling it suffocation... and charging them in the deaths of their children.
I understand your point but would argue that there is no perfect system. CPS workers are often very young and new to the field as turnover and burnout is incredibly high. They are given a significant responsibility to make quick determinations about child safety and can only operate on evidence known. Frequently workers have a "gut feeling" that something is not right but the children do not disclose, have no visible marks, recant prior disclosures, the parents deny abuse, the home is adequate and food and basic needs appear met, etc, thus leaving them with very little evidence to support petitioning the court for termination of rights or even requiring services. Ultimately, the decision for removal is up to the judge and judge's discretion varies widely from State to state and county to county. Workers and judges are critiqued for intervening too much in cases that ultimately don't lead to tragedy but not intervening enough in cases that do end in tragedy. Hindsight is 20/20. I work with CPS daily but could never do their job.

Little bitty town of Whiteville between Wilmington and Lumberton

Hi neighbor!

I have a grouchy cousin in Wilmington. If you see her, tell her I don't say 'hi' (or 'hey' as she would say.)

I understand your point but would argue that there is no perfect system. CPS workers are often very young and new to the field as turnover and burnout is incredibly high. They are given a significant responsibility to make quick determinations about child safety and can only operate on evidence known. Frequently workers have a "gut feeling" that something is not right but the children do not disclose, have no visible marks, recant prior disclosures, the parents deny abuse, the home is adequate and food and basic needs appear met, etc, thus leaving them with very little evidence to support petitioning the court for termination of rights or even requiring services. Ultimately, the decision for removal is up to the judge and judge's discretion varies widely from State to state and county to county. Workers and judges are critiqued for intervening too much in cases that ultimately don't lead to tragedy but not intervening enough in cases that do end in tragedy. Hindsight is 20/20. I work with CPS daily but could never do their job.

Actually the initial emergency removal is at the discretion of the on call social worker that catches the complaint. The first court hearing is in reality the first time a judge begins control. That being said I want to recount the best I can without breaching confidentiality the first case I had as a Guardian ad Litem volunteer (CASA, held advocate). It was a sibling group of 4 children. The gende was split.

They had been removed under an emergency order when a parent locked the. In the house packed the fireplace and chimney with paper, chopped up furniture adding to wood to a fireplace stopped up with paper, set the fire and left. This family had a long history with DSS/CPS/DFACS/DCF and everytime they had a good enough case to remove the children they move across jurisdictional lines. There were a ton of suspicions but the original removal order was only for endangerment due to the fire.

When I first interviewed the children they told me a bevy of horror stories confirming all of the suspicions and more. The problem was without the new allegations could not be presented in the court hearing because they were not in the original removal order. I paced and researched trying to find a way to get the info in front of the Judge so he wouldn’t return the children until we could get the new charges added. We knew they were experts at “looking good” in court and then they would be gone again.

I knew I couldn’t use trigger words like sexual abuse in my report to the court but I finally thought I had a way to get the Judge to see what I had heard. I very carefully included a quote from one of the children about a foreign object he had been penetrated with in the child’s on words. I was so confident that any reasonable person would understand what the child said. Then the case was called and without even looking at the report the Judge ordered them returned. I was devastated. I cried all of the way home and for a good while after arriving. Unfortunately for the Judge we were both scheduled to attend the same dinner a few days later. I walked up to him and asked to see him in less crowded area. We walked away from the crows and I began with, “WHAT IN THE HE11 IS WRONG WITH YOU? I began to cry all over and I broke the law by discussing the case and telling him the entire story. Of course I had gotten the call that the social worked made a surprise visit earlier in the day and SURPRISE they were gone. When I finally took a breath between sobs and rants the Judge looked at and said he was sorry his elderly parents were not doing well and he had been preoccupied. I hope you can imagine my response to that. You see we were in a state that Judges were elected not appointed and I was extremely active politically at that time. I told him to enjoy the rest of his term. Sure enough I invested a lot of time and energy but that was his last term. I was never able to track the children down again and after a few years stopped trying. It was before the internet and I had talked repeatedly with social services in every county in my state and surrounding states. I never did see anything about them in the news and that was all of the solace I could get. I know if any of the 4 survived they had a miserable life and odds are they grew up to continue the cycle. I can still feel the arms of the youngest around my neck refusing to let go.

My my point is that it really isn’t as black and white as it appears when it comes to social services intervention with children. There are so many technicalities that make it nearly impossible to truly do what is in the best interest of the child. Many of us have tried, many that came behind us tried and there will be more to come. The case of sweet little Adrian Jones brought all of my old emotions from this case back to the surface for me as his father and step-mother were so adept at crossing jurisdictional lines to avoid help for Adrian.

I am often hyper-critical of social workers because I have experienced my share and a few more that just barely go through the motions for a paycheck either they are burned out, disillusioned or got into the wrong line of work. It is so much easier to attack those that don’t fit the mold than it is to go after the ones who need to be stopped because they already know how to play the system and their children almost always lose. I didn’t. Ran to write a novella but unfortunately this is not a subject that allows for few words.

I speak often of my sweet Katie (below) but she was lucky and had a wonderful social worker when she was first taken in DSS custody. She was a 24 week preemie with no pre-natal care and bio was arrested drunk and disorderly during the pregnancy. Bio (I can’t add Mom it turns my stomach) was not young she had several children 3 - 18. After 6 and 1/2 months in the NICU and lost of problems she left the hospital with bio. The first neglect report came into DSS in less than 30 days. They tried working with her to no avail and 4 months after leaving the NICU police broke down the door, retrieved Katie from a pile of trash and feces while it was passed out on the sofa. She was handed off to presumptive dad who was living with his mother and the 3 yr old. Katie never cried to be fed so she often wasn’t when she was it was often soft drinks. In less than 30 days she was well below the weight she left the hospital at and in failure to thrive. She was airlifted to the hospital and while there the dna paternity tests came back and presumptive dad was off the hook.

She went to a foster home that was trying to adopt 2 young boys after about 30 days that said that she was too much for them due to her medical issues and havi g to deal with Bio. She went to another foster it didn’t last much longer and disrupted for different reasons. She was sent to another home and was there a week when we got the call. We were in the process of getting g ready to get a 4 sibling group to adopt but still said yes. (the sibling group fell through later) She was so ill when we picked her up that we went to the ER and she was airlifted to Duke and our first 3 days with her was I the PICU the next 3 in the peds unit. I ran across the obituary for Bio and found that she died of a fentanyl overdose about a year and a half after Katie’s adoption.(I try to do an offender search every month or so just to know where the bios are) The rest is history.

For a year and a half we drove to Boston, Mass from NC once a month for a clinical trial that improved her ability to communicate tremendously. It took me over a year of begging and pleading to get her considered for the trial. When we first thought of adopting again so many people said it would keep us young. Please don’t believe that bunk. I have aged 40 years in the last 10. But I would do it all over again knowing what I know now. Now you know the beginning and the end (current) story of my Katie perhaps the next time I can’t stop my fingers I will finish up with the middle.

I am sure there are tons of typos and bizarre spellcheck substitutions but it I proof read this I will never hit the post button.

If any of you have the IPad Pro 12.9 inch I need to ask, since IOS 11 launched are you having difficulty with the screen sensitivity when using the keyboard?

Actually the initial emergency removal is at the discretion of the on call social worker that catches the complaint. The first court hearing is in reality the first time a judge begins control. That being said I want to recount the best I can without breaching confidentiality the first case I had as a Guardian ad Litem volunteer (CASA, held advocate). It was a sibling group of 4 children. The gende was split.

They had been removed under an emergency order when a parent locked the. In the house packed the fireplace and chimney with paper, chopped up furniture adding to wood to a fireplace stopped up with paper, set the fire and left. This family had a long history with DSS/CPS/DFACS/DCF and everytime they had a good enough case to remove the children they move across jurisdictional lines. There were a ton of suspicions but the original removal order was only for endangerment due to the fire.

When I first interviewed the children they told me a bevy of horror stories confirming all of the suspicions and more. The problem was without the new allegations could not be presented in the court hearing because they were not in the original removal order. I paced and researched trying to find a way to get the info in front of the Judge so he wouldn’t return the children until we could get the new charges added. We knew they were experts at “looking good” in court and then they would be gone again.

I knew I couldn’t use trigger words like sexual abuse in my report to the court but I finally thought I had a way to get the Judge to see what I had heard. I very carefully included a quote from one of the children about a foreign object he had been penetrated with in the child’s on words. I was so confident that any reasonable person would understand what the child said. Then the case was called and without even looking at the report the Judge ordered them returned. I was devastated. I cried all of the way home and for a good while after arriving. Unfortunately for the Judge we were both scheduled to attend the same dinner a few days later. I walked up to him and asked to see him in less crowded area. We walked away from the crows and I began with, “WHAT IN THE HE11 IS WRONG WITH YOU? I began to cry all over and I broke the law by discussing the case and telling him the entire story. Of course I had gotten the call that the social worked made a surprise visit earlier in the day and SURPRISE they were gone. When I finally took a breath between sobs and rants the Judge looked at and said he was sorry his elderly parents were not doing well and he had been preoccupied. I hope you can imagine my response to that. You see we were in a state that Judges were elected not appointed and I was extremely active politically at that time. I told him to enjoy the rest of his term. Sure enough I invested a lot of time and energy but that was his last term. I was never able to track the children down again and after a few years stopped trying. It was before the internet and I had talked repeatedly with social services in every county in my state and surrounding states. I never did see anything about them in the news and that was all of the solace I could get. I know if any of the 4 survived they had a miserable life and odds are they grew up to continue the cycle. I can still feel the arms of the youngest around my neck refusing to let go.

My my point is that it really isn’t as black and white as it appears when it comes to social services intervention with children. There are so many technicalities that make it nearly impossible to truly do what is in the best interest of the child. Many of us have tried, many that came behind us tried and there will be more to come. The case of sweet little Adrian Jones brought all of my old emotions from this case back to the surface for me as his father and step-mother were so adept at crossing jurisdictional lines to avoid help for Adrian.

I am often hyper-critical of social workers because I have experienced my share and a few more that just barely go through the motions for a paycheck either they are burned out, disillusioned or got into the wrong line of work. It is so much easier to attack those that don’t fit the mold than it is to go after the ones who need to be stopped because they already know how to play the system and their children almost always lose. I didn’t. Ran to write a novella but unfortunately this is not a subject that allows for few words.

I speak often of my sweet Katie (below) but she was lucky and had a wonderful social worker when she was first taken in DSS custody. She was a 24 week preemie with no pre-natal care and bio was arrested drunk and disorderly during the pregnancy. Bio (I can’t add Mom it turns my stomach) was not young she had several children 3 - 18. After 6 and 1/2 months in the NICU and lost of problems she left the hospital with bio. The first neglect report came into DSS in less than 30 days. They tried working with her to no avail and 4 months after leaving the NICU police broke down the door, retrieved Katie from a pile of trash and feces while it was passed out on the sofa. She was handed off to presumptive dad who was living with his mother and the 3 yr old. Katie never cried to be fed so she often wasn’t when she was it was often soft drinks. In less than 30 days she was well below the weight she left the hospital at and in failure to thrive. She was airlifted to the hospital and while there the dna paternity tests came back and presumptive dad was off the hook.

She went to a foster home that was trying to adopt 2 young boys after about 30 days that said that she was too much for them due to her medical issues and havi g to deal with Bio. She went to another foster it didn’t last much longer and disrupted for different reasons. She was sent to another home and was there a week when we got the call. We were in the process of getting g ready to get a 4 sibling group to adopt but still said yes. (the sibling group fell through later) She was so ill when we picked her up that we went to the ER and she was airlifted to Duke and our first 3 days with her was I the PICU the next 3 in the peds unit. I ran across the obituary for Bio and found that she died of a fentanyl overdose about a year and a half after Katie’s adoption.(I try to do an offender search every month or so just to know where the bios are) The rest is history.

For a year and a half we drove to Boston, Mass from NC once a month for a clinical trial that improved her ability to communicate tremendously. It took me over a year of begging and pleading to get her considered for the trial. When we first thought of adopting again so many people said it would keep us young. Please don’t believe that bunk. I have aged 40 years in the last 10. But I would do it all over again knowing what I know now. Now you know the beginning and the end (current) story of my Katie perhaps the next time I can’t stop my fingers I will finish up with the middle.

I am sure there are tons of typos and bizarre spellcheck substitutions but it I proof read this I will never hit the post button.

If any of you have the IPad Pro 12.9 inch I need to ask, since IOS 11 launched are you having difficulty with the screen sensitivity when using the keyboard?

Grouchymom you are one in a million!!! I am so happy there are people like you in this world!!! ❤️

My daughter graduated from college with a degree in social work and a secondary study in Appalachian History and Culture. She currently works with the mentally ill. I'm by no means degrading the whole bunch, but those who absolutely get burned out, or just can't do it, or drop the ball on cases like the little Fernandez child, need to be weeded out and find new careers. That's just apathy. There are children who are in CPS files, who grow up, have children, and continue the cycle. Stop the cycle. To take a child a way from parents for what is within normal boundaries, is just damaging. The ones that I've seen come through my in-laws foster home, have truly needed to be removed. Just pitiful. Some of the calls made on folks, though, are made out of spite, pitting parents over the child and the child loses either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead