Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video with people from the orphanage discussing Sherin, Saraswati.

Sorry if already posted!

While the lull of information is almost painful rather than argue the minutiae in the case I suggest an OT question. I would love to get answers from posters and lurkers alike. Ready?

on average, how many cases do you follow at a time?
Most followed at a time?

Hi, GrouchyMom! I’m currently following this thread and a thread about a missing 3 year old in my state right now that are “hot” threads. Then I follow several cooled off threads, like the Rhodes, missy bevers, the TN 15 year old kidnapped by her teacher and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly, there have been times I have wished this case could come to a very swift and CLEAR closure, simply so that I could know whether any sympathy I have or lack for the mother are warranted.

I try to remember that it's always been easier, for me personally, to live with having extended kindness or help or even just sympathy to someone who later ended up to be not "worthy" of it than it has to withhold those things and find out later that someone not only needed those things but definitely deserved them.

I think this is perhaps part of the root of some of the issues within the community as well....no one wants to admit they don't know and therefore don't know what to do with their emotions or where to direct them.

:offtopic: here are a few trial & hearings going on around WS - someone asked about cases being followed.

Thursday, November 2nd:
*Dispositional Hearing @ 8:30am PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $20K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $20K bond. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

New Case:
*Arraignment Hearing - IA - Sterling Daniel Koehn (4 mos old) (found Aug. 30, 2017 decomposing & covered in maggots in swing) - Cheyanne Renae Harris (20) & Zachary Paul Koehn (28) - arrested & charged with 1st degree murder & child endangerment. $100K Cash bond each.

*Trial continues (retrial) @ 9:30am ET (Day 14) Closing Arguments/ Judge will try & Charge/Instruct Jury & give them case- NY - Dr. Mary Louise Yoder (60), poisoned (July 22, 2015) - Kaitlyn "Katie" Conley (23) charged with 2nd degree murder (poisoning her boss), 2 counts of 1st degree falsifying business records, 2nd degree forgery & 2 counts Misdemeanor petit larceny/pled not guilty/Free on House arrest. Trial should last at least 3 weeks or more//into of 3rd week. First trial in April ended in a hung jury: 8-4 for acquittal.

*Trial continues @ 8:30am PT (Day 12) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP // "mom" court date set for mid November, no actually "date" set.

*Trial continues @ 8:30am (Day 4) - MO - Hailey Owens (10) (Feb. 18, 2014) - Craig Michael Wood (45 @ time of crime) - indicted on 1st degree murder, kidnapping, rape, sodomy & armed criminal action/DP Case; trial should last 3 weeks/Jurors sequestered: 7 women & 5 men/3 alternates./first week of trial

*Trial continues @ 10:30PT (Day 4) - AZ - Ame Deal (10) (July 12, 2011) - John Michael Allen (29/22 @ time of crime), uncle accused/charged with 1st degree murder, 3 counts child abuse & 1 count conspiracy to commit child abuse / The three other adults — Judith Deal, Cynthia Stoltzmann and David Deal, who is Allen's uncle -- all are serving prison terms after being convicted of child abuse related to Ame's death/Allen's wife (Samantha) rec'd death. Trial should last 19 days

Friday, November 3rd:
*Case to Grand Jury - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017) - Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" - 10/10 arrested only so far for a probation violation involving a burglary; investigators say "until they find probable cause CM is a POI in child's death. 10/12 Update: McNabb officially charged with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery & concealing a death/held without bond per Court hearing/under suicide watch 10/13 Update: Goes to Newton Cnty Grand Jury Nov. 3rd

*Motion to Delay Trial Hearing @ 10:30am ET - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) missing on June 9, 2017 - Brendt A. Christensen (28) accused kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying and 2 counts of making false statements to FBI; Trial set to begin 2/27/18 10/11 Update: Pled not guilty to additional charges. Motion filed 10/24/17 for another delay of trial to start Feb. 27th. Defense entered an order giving government prosecutors E. Miller & B. Frese until Nov. 3rd to respond.

*Trial continues (retrial) @ 10am ET (Day 15) Jury Deliberations- NY - Dr. Mary Louise Yoder (60), poisoned (July 22, 2015) - Kaitlyn "Katie" Conley (23) charged with 2nd degree murder (poisoning her boss), 2 counts of 1st degree falsifying business records, 2nd degree forgery & 2 counts Misdemeanor petit larceny/pled not guilty/Free on House arrest. Trial
should last at least 3 weeks or more//into of 3rd week. First trial in April ended in a hung jury: 8-4 for acquittal.

*Trial continues @ 8:30am PT (Day 13) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP // "mom" court date set for mid November, no actually "date" set.

*Trial continues @ 8:30am (Day 5) - MO - Hailey Owens (10) (Feb. 18, 2014) - Craig Michael Wood (45 @ time of crime) - indicted on 1st degree murder, kidnapping, rape, sodomy & armed criminal action/DP Case; trial should last 3 weeks/Jurors sequestered: 7 women & 5 men/3 alternates./end of first week of trial.

*Trial continues @ 10:30PT (Day 5) - AZ - Ame Deal (10) (July 12, 2011) - John Michael Allen (29/22 @ time of crime), uncle accused/charged with 1st degree murder, 3 counts child abuse & 1 count conspiracy to commit child abuse / The three other adults — Judith Deal, Cynthia Stoltzmann and David Deal, who is Allen's uncle -- all are serving prison terms after being convicted of child abuse related to Ame's death/Allen's wife (Samantha) rec'd death.
Trial should last 19 days

and I have a lot more that I'm following! Missing, found murdered.... :(

Hi, GrouchyMom! I’m currently following this thread and a thread about a missing 3 year old in my state right now that are “hot” threads. Then I follow several cooled off threads, like the Rhodes, missy bevers, the TN 15 year old kidnapped by her teacher and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in NC too?

There is no such thing as spousal immunity when it involves a minor child. Someone posted the laws about this in the last thread.

Accessory after the fact? Also a no, as you have the fifth amendment right to not say or do anything that may be self-incriminating.

We know Sini claims she was asleep AND WM also said she was asleep. So, if this is true as we are supposed to believe based on the fact she hasn't been charged, she may honestly feel she has nothing else to add. Her lawyers may have received a list of questions that the police would like to ask her and it could be as simple as they have already been asked and answered. We simply do not know.

Police interviews/interrogations are almost always extremely long (the shortest when I was the VICTIM was 14 hours of sitting in a small room with two chairs and a table and a camera aimed at me), LE have made it sound like they are not looking at her to come in to just have a friendly chat, but rather in hopes of being able to make an arrest. This is repeated by LE in their few press releases where they state that there may be more charges and other arrests, all in the same release as them asking her to come in and talk.

If that was ME I would feel like that was a threat and that if I so much as was off my original statement by 5 minutes that they may arrest me. If I was Sini I would NOT be participating after the public demand for her to get the death penalty (smh) or the fact that LE seems to be alluding to the fact that they want to arrest her also. JMO...

I honestly cannot help but wonder if LE has an emotional attachment to this case beyond the evidence and is seeking her out despite her husbands story and arrest because of both the "community" demanding her to be arrested and because this was a small child... Again JMO

IF they had anything to charge Sini with at all right now I am almost 100% sure they would, whether it was obstruction or littering I think if they had anything on her they would be using it.

Considering that WM isn't charged with Murder at this point, I wonder how much evidence they really have, beyond Sherin's body being found...

I know that the evidence won't come out until trial, but given the fact that both of his arrests were made after he gave them incriminating statements, I can't help but wonder if they have found anything more. If ALL they end up having is Sherin's body and no cause of death or aspirating on milk as the cause of death and a confession which is likely to be recanted, the charges may end up only being something to do with moving/discarding a body...

All my opinion and speculation etc...

BBM

I believe that is why the DA felt child endangerment charges were the best charges to bring against WM. Even if he recants his confession, she did die while on his watch, so obviously the DA could make child endangerment charges stick even without his "confession". It's obvious harm came to her while she was being cared for by the parents.

I am still of a mind that the mother knows more than she is letting on.......why else would she not go search or talk to anyone? "That's our story and we are sticking to it". JMO

BBM

I believe that is why the DA felt child endangerment charges were the best charges to bring against WM. Even if he recants his confession, she did die while on his watch, so obviously the DA could make child endangerment charges stick even without his "confession". It's obvious harm came to her while she was being cared for by the parents.

I am still of a mind that the mother knows more than she is letting on.......why else would she not go search or talk to anyone? "That's our story and we are sticking to it". JMO

Sini not searching if there were search parties etc set up would be weird to me, but her not helping when LE was actively saying they didn't need any help and were NOT wanting search parties at that time makes me feel she was advised to not search either.

And the not talking to anyone, right from the beginning, she gave her statement and was basically enemy number 1, maybe even moreso than WM despite him being the one arrested. She lost her child and her husband and then her other child all in those first what 30 hours? She got a lawyer pretty much immediately after her daughter was taken. He did give a brief statement outside of the home, and once again Sini was persecuted.

So, basically people are hating on her and saying she should be in jail based on the fact that she didn't search when LE said not to, and because she herself didn't make a public plea or statement, when her lawyers did and have, and they are picked apart and used to hurt her more :(

I def have suspicions, but I have absolutely nothing to back those suspicions up.

Even if Sini HAD went and searched, LE would then have said she was not cooperating because she was interfering in their own search and investigation and may contaminate a crime scene, etc...

JMO

Tonight in Omair's live feed (i only watched about half as it was really glitching on my end), he seemed to be almost mad that he was playing phone tag with Sherin's church and not getting answers. He and the comment section seemed confused about who is saying things that are threatening to Sini. I know they haven't made DIRECT THREATS, but the ferocity and the way they are going about it IS threatening IMO, and Omair says he is going to be in contact with all the involved police departments to see if these threats are legit.

I said awhile ago that Sini is "damned if she do, damned if she don't" and with each release that her lawyers have given has been proof that she may as well just not say anything at all... :(

When I read the release from the lawyers I immediately thought about Omair and Ft Thomas and the live feeds and the comments and thought that it's likely someone has been watching them and decided it was best based on THEIR petition and what it insinuated about Sini, that they keep everything extremely quiet.

I honestly believe Omair means well. He is young at only 23 and is very emotional in this and he is being fueled by a lot of people who should let Sherin rest in peace, and the family, INCLUDING Wesley, grieve...

I know many will disagree that WM needs to grieve, but he does. He is human and from any pics and videos we have seen, he really did seem to love Sherin. Today, while his daughter was being buried, he sat in a jail cell, likely hating himself, likely worried about Sini and how she is holding up, worrying about his other daughter. He is grieving a lot right now too, and worrying about how Sini and other daughter will get on and pick up the pieces. We can make mistakes and have regrets and still grieve what could have been and what we lost.

ALL JMO

Yes, Wesley grieving relates to remorse. And remorse is a good thing. Separates people with some sense of accountability for actions from those who are chronic and unrecoverable. IMO

The loving community seems terrifying and threatening to me. If I were Sini, I wouldn't feel safe. The loving community is more like a mob led by an unstable young man and a confused, faux priest. This is not the way normal people behave. I would be afraid of them. They are spending their time in emotional busy work coming up with plans to distribute the stuff that has been on the ground, in the weather and full of bugs, bits of paper and cards that have been in the elements for weeks and hanging the canvas of signatures in a public building! Sorry, that is crazy talk. This stuff is now garbage and needs to fill a dumpster - no one wants it.

The cemeteries remove the dead flowers after a burial because they have served their purpose. So have the trinkets left at the culvert and around the tree she was never under.

JMHO

I have followed, mostly elsewhere, some custody-related child disappearances and other highly public custody cases. Some of these cases have attracted some highly militant, almost religious cadres of folks stridently serving a particular viewpoint. Some actually are, IMO, dangerous in terms of cyber-sleuthing people who disagree with them and trolling them online.

Yes, Wesley grieving relates to remorse. And remorse is a good thing. Separates people with some sense of accountability for actions from those who are chronic and unrecoverable. IMO

Yes exactly!! I mean there are genuine sociopaths out there who simply don't feel, but those are the "evil genius" types that get away with dozens of homicides before ever even being looked at, generally speaking.

I am NOT saying that what he did is forgivable. BUT the fact that he has been or is still (haven't seen an update) on suicide watch, turned himself in TWICE and didn't run or kill himself when he was out on bond, IMO shows that he is at least owning up to things emotionally...

Looks like Jobin Panicker drew the short straw or got selected specifically because of his Indian roots (and from the last name possibly roots in Kerala) !! Maybe they want to lead the charge after feeling overshadowed by the other local stations esp Maria Guerrero at NBC5.
I would also add that the selfstyled community spokesmen got promoted in the media because the reporters wanted to get easily packaged response shots for their daily telecasts when the media frenzy was at its peak.
I applaud dallasnews.com for addressing the mob issue directly and smacking it down with direct quotes from the authorities. Hopefully the other reporters and media will also take some useful cues and not promote the self-styled "community leaders" in future.

Apparently this is still a hot issue, even though more news is not likely to be forthcoming, at least not on a daily basis. So sending a team to India to do deep research into adoption conditions there helps them scrape up stories.

I have followed, mostly elsewhere, some custody-related child disappearances and other highly public custody cases. Some of these cases have attracted some highly militant, almost religious cadres of folks stridently serving a particular viewpoint. Some actually are, IMO, dangerous in terms of cyber-sleuthing people who disagree with them and trolling them online.
I've experienced the same- including here on WS. It is frightening and raises red flags of some folks own emotional and mental stability to get so involved in cases of strangers that anyone who presents a differing viewpoint is labeled the enemy and harassed.

In regards to the local community's reaction, I do think as a past poster said, most comes from good intentions and the uneasiness of not wanting to give sympathy to a potentially responsible person. Of course, also the horrific nature of crimes against children and not being able to make sense of how it could happen at all, let alone happen in one's home without knowledge. But, I've spoken with countless parents who have cried, been suicidal, been diagnosed with PTSD, and questioned what is wrong with them that they missed the "signs" of their spouse sexually abusing their child. Or the guilt they feel in not leaving an abusive marriage before the abuse expanded to be directed also at the children. I choose empathy and withhold judging how I believe someone is supposed to respond to tragedy as my lens and experiences are likely not the same. I am not convinced she knew about what happened and until evidence surfaces saying otherwise, she'll continue to get my empathy. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BBM

I think she might know more, maybe a lot more, or at the very least, knows in her heart. If in her situation, and after I'd searched, myself, and hadn't successfully located my child, and then had to call LE, panicked, I'd probably stay at home too. I'd want to be there in case he/she happened to just show up! I'd want my spouse with me, too. If I couldn't find my child, then I'd know that it was time to let the trained professionals do their work. I'd probably be in shock, and unable to follow direction, anyway.

BBM, wouldn't that come under the U.S. laws of committing a cyber crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member