Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most perfect post I have seen! Brilliant! I have tears , literally, from reading this.

i will turn 60 this week.. My mother died from a complication of childbirth (mine), never making it out of the hospital. For three years, I lived with my gentle and genteel grandparents..my saving grace. For nine years after that I had a stepmother who hated me. I learned quickly never to cry, never to complain, never to speak unless spoken to; I learned that if I ever crossed my stepmother, she would beat me, pull my hair, make my nose bleed, whip me with a belt, put welts on my legs and my back, and if I cried it would be worse. My father never knew (or he had no options ..). I went from being a precocious child to becoming very insecure and shy. When they finally divorced I was so grateful. In later years it was my wonderful husband who helped me overcome many insecurities. All of that said, your post describes what I have always believed a perfect parent to be. My perceptions of SM raise red flags because of my own past. I wish all moms, all parents would live up to the description in your post. Sadly, not all do. (I add also, I do not rent any space in my brain to my stepmother. I chose in life to not look back.). Thank you for your thoughtful post.

I am so sorry, that life dealt you that blow, but so happy that you overcame it.

This is the most perfect post I have seen! Brilliant! I have tears , literally, from reading this.

i will turn 60 this week.. My mother died from a complication of childbirth (mine), never making it out of the hospital. For three years, I lived with my gentle and genteel grandparents..my saving grace. For nine years after that I had a stepmother who hated me. I learned quickly never to cry, never to complain, never to speak unless spoken to; I learned that if I ever crossed my stepmother, she would beat me, pull my hair, make my nose bleed, whip me with a belt, put welts on my legs and my back, and if I cried it would be worse. My father never knew (or he had no options ..). I went from being a precocious child to becoming very insecure and shy. When they finally divorced I was so grateful. In later years it was my wonderful husband who helped me overcome many insecurities. All of that said, your post describes what I have always believed a perfect parent to be. My perceptions of SM raise red flags because of my own past. I wish all moms, all parents would live up to the description in your post. Sadly, not all do. (I add also, I do not rent any space in my brain to my stepmother. I chose in life to not look back.). Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Thank you. I am sorry that your beginning in life was fraught with so many challenges. But I am so glad you found someone to assist you with getting beyond it. I have this funny feeling it made you a very compassionate person though and you have the knowledge that you are a survivor. You can do anything. If I could reach you through the computer I would have a hard time keeping my hands in my pockets until you said I could hug your neck. OH, and a happy birthday.

:bdsong::bdscroll::gift::heartbeat:

That's most likely the case. However, seems to me both children had arm 'issues' in the past---which makes me suspicious.

Add to that the bizarre and cruel stories he/they came up with regarding Sherin's disappearance and the fact she was dumped like trash in that nasty culvert, makes me wonder if they aren't depraved.

ETA: They had time, before they called the police, to come up with a story that put them in the best possible light in regards to Sherin's disappearance----- and what they came up with horrified the rest of us.

For those wondering why some of us wonder if Sini had more of an active role in Sherin's death, the bolded part is one of my reasons for suspecting this.

Most parents who've been shown to have had something to do with their child's death seem to want to say, "I'm a wonderful parent, the most loving and gentle parent ever". This guy is saying "I'm a lousy parent" but his example of this is mostly made up. Maybe he has guilt and wants to admit to being a rotten parent without saying exactly what happened. But if he wants to admit it so badly, why not just say what did happen?

Others have been suspecting sexual abuse, because if this is his 'good' story, what horrors could the truth entail?

I suspect he's not so much trying to cover what happened, but who was involved in what happened.

Then I look at Sini's behavior. I could think of half a dozen good reasons for not searching, not wanting to be seen in public in that first week. But there only seem to be two or three suggestions for her lack of cooperation with the police.

1) she's an abused wife and terrified she'll end up making things worse and punished by WM when he comes out. It might not be an entirely rational fear, but more of a deep fear and years of not telling anyone anything that could get her or her daughter(s) into trouble.

2) she was scared of the 'interrogation' tactics of the police and scared they would twist whatever she said to charge her and take her from her remaining child. Well, given the current charges that could be a valid fear.

3) her husband hasn't been too abusive to the children, and so she really doesn't have a lot to share with LE to help them build a case against him. IE. What she's trying to keep from the police isn't so much about WM, or not solely/wholly about WM. If the two of them spent that night planning what to say to the police, then she doesn't want to complicate things and wants to let WM take the lead in giving versions of the story that allow him to take 100% of the responsibility/blame, because, logically if you have two people not able to communicate with each other and trying to each make up stories, they're going to end up diverging and bring more suspicion. The only way to keep the stories convergent is for one person to keep their mouth firmly shut, and the other to just affirm everything the first person says. But why? Why not just tell the truth and let him go to prison for the rest of his life, and Sini and her remaining daughter be safe from whatever abuse he's given them over the years? So that makes me suspect it might be more about protecting Sini and not WM.

In my mind, option 3 is the one that matches best with WM's stories and it feels like two pieces of the puzzle that actually fit together to give an explanation for both their behavior.

I could be completely wrong. We know so little that there must be a lot that I am not seeing, and even if I knew everything it might not make sense to me. I'm not blaming Sini, I'm not screaming that WM is innocent. I'm just suspicious that there might be something in this vein going on.

Another thing is, I think the story of what led up to Sherin's death starts before they went out for dinner. I don't think there were two incidents with WM forcing the milk on Sherin, I think there was only one. So now, Sini isn't asleep, we haven't been told she was out of the home, it's implied now that the whole family was in the home and it was before dinner time. It makes a lot less sense to me if WM is forcing Sherin to drink and Sherin chokes when Sini's awake and moving around the house, maybe in the next room but at least can run within 60 seconds to help Sherin, or at worst to try to do CPR and insist they call an ambulance or drive straight to the hospital. It doesn't make a lot of sense in the middle of the night when Sini's sleeping, but it makes a lot less sense late afternoon when she's active in the house.

However, at that earlier time of day, whichever of them was most involved/culpable, we can still ask "why didn't the other intervene or call an ambulance?" And I'm curious what possible answers there might be to this question.

I apologize, in advance, for any distress my posting may cause.

What I think.. Sweet Sherin put up a fight about the milk. Tempers flew., abuse occurred. This was normal in her life.. the abuse and lack of care.

Parents totally in rage. Go to dinner without Sherin to punish her even more. Taunting and tormenting this poor child.

Now they just can’t leave the house without restrainting her body AND gagging her voice. Otherwise there could be screaming and/or an escape when they are gone.

I would not be surprised if Sherin vomited , she was probably hysterical .. and because she was gagged she choked to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize, in advance, for any distress my posting may cause.

What I think.. Sweet Sherin put up a fight about the milk. Tempers flew., abuse occurred. This was normal in her life.. the abuse and lack of care.

Parents totally in rage. Go to dinner without Sherin to punish her even more. Taunting and tormenting this poor child.

Now they just can’t leave the house without restrainting her body AND gagging her voice. Otherwise there could be screaming and/or an escape when they are gone.

I would not be surprised if Sherin vomited , she was probably hysterical .. and because she was gagged she choked to death.

Firstly, I agree that your theory is a more than plausible one and you may well be right.

Secondly, call me negative, but while I appreciate I may be wrong, I think it's something more intentional than that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

I’m very thankful for this community of like minded people.. who may not always see eye to eye., but treat each other’s opinions and experiences with empathy, compassion, and genuine respect .

Dear Scarlett12,

Beautifully said !

I feel honored to be a part of these threads with all of you. Your kindness and great compassion flows through each of your posts.

Dear Scarlett12,

Beautifully said !

I feel honored to be a part of these threads with all of you. Your kindness and great compassion flows through each of your posts.

as do I!! Especially this thread.

as do I!! Especially this thread.

Me too!! I'm also thankful that my extended family was able to get together for Thanksgiving this year. (Thanks for knitting this cool red sweater for me, Grouchymom)

[video=youtube;vhg7Xm4FXAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhg7Xm4FXAY[/video]

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

I’m very thankful for this community of like minded people.. who may not always see eye to eye., but treat each other’s opinions and experiences with empathy, compassion, and genuine respect .

It is very comforting in this day and age to be a part of a large group of people where respect and kindness flow to such a degree, where disagreeing opinions only elevate our understanding of life and ourselves. It is an honor to call you all friends and compatriots. Hoping everyone has a lovely holiday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It is very comforting in this day and age to be a part of a large group of people where respect and kindness flow to such a degree, where disagreeing opinions only elevate our understanding of life and ourselves. It is an honor to call you all friends and compatriots. Hoping everyone has a lovely holiday

Granted, I have not been with WS until this case, even though I've read a few cases in the past.

I totally agree with you!! Great minds... and all! Due to that, I have learned much about sleuthing, still have so much more to learn! This case, and all of you, have taught me so much!

Today, I don't want to discuss this case. Today, I want to be thankful for everyone here!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Me too!! I'm also thankful that my extended family was able to get together for Thanksgiving this year. (Thanks for knitting this cool red sweater for me, Grouchymom)

[video=youtube;vhg7Xm4FXAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhg7Xm4FXAY[/video]

I thought the red would bring out your eyes and wouldn’t be so hot as to make your fleas jump.lol. Happy THANKSGIVING friend.

I hate this part of a case, when there are clear suspects, a body has been found and we're waiting on COD and LE is staying tight-lipped! I just wanna know who's responsible for Sherin's murder! Ugh.

Anyway, yes, it's time to celebrate Thanksgiving and be grateful for our friends and family who are safe and loved. Hubby and I are playing music together in front of a toasty fire and soon I'll be finishing dinner prep. I'm so grateful for my life!

:thanksgiving: everyone! :grouphug:

I hate this part of a case, when there are clear suspects, a body has been found and we're waiting on COD and LE is staying tight-lipped! I just wanna know who's responsible for Sherin's murder! Ugh.

Anyway, yes, it's time to celebrate Thanksgiving and be grateful for our friends and family who are safe and loved. Hubby and I are playing music together in front of a toasty fire and soon I'll be finishing dinner prep. I'm so grateful for my life!

:thanksgiving: everyone! :grouphug:
Jealous of the music in front of a fire!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!! (VERY JEALOUS!)

I live a bit away from my family. Thankfully, I was able to join them in the festivities! I'm now back home, with my fiancé and his family. They are now having dinner, I am stuffed! I can't even consider a bite of food, at this point!

It is so good to finally be able to enjoy holidays with my family, friends and soon to be family!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Many thanks to the mods for their role in this!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I am grateful for Texas LE who are tough on crime, and true heroes of justice. Simply the best of the best.

I ate too much.
Definitely not weighing myself anytime soon.....because reasons. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members