Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to catch up as fast as I can... I did not have doubts about Sini Mathews only Websleuths TOS I eblieve prevented many of us from saying how we really felt about mom being alseep through the whole thing..

Glad to see things unravelling..

I've been following this tragedy from the beginning, though I too, like many others, had to sit on my hands.

You may end up being right about this, but I'm going to respectfully disagree with you at this time. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing but she is an RN, as am I. Regardless of your culture, the education to become an RN teaches assertiveness.

Nurses learn early they must be assertive to stand up for the rights of their patients. Doctors breeze in and out on their rounds. It's the nurses though who know what is going on with the patients.

Some doctors listen attentively to nurses reports, but others do not. The nurse must be willing to bear the brunt of the doctors pointed disagreements to provide good care.

If nurses are passive, they soon learn it's their patients who will suffer for it.

I worked with an RN in my hospital who was from Egypt. She had an arranged marriage there to a very controlling man. They have three daughters. She related to me how she had learned to stand up to his control.

I remember her saying that he told her how much he hated that she ever became a nurse because she had become so 'uppity!'

She frequently credited her nursing education with helping to give her the backbone to stand up for herself and her children. They have since divorced.

I know this is all conjecture in regard to Sini. Nurses are all different.

We don't know the relationship dynamics in their marriage. But I don't believe that fear of him is the reason she didn't protect Sherin.

She just didn't...

JMO

Your statement about RN's being more assertive made me curious about rates of domestic violence among nurses. What I found out shocked me.. "Some 14 per cent have been victims of domestic abuse in the last year, with one in 50 suffering injury. This compares with a national average of 4.4 per cent." http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nurses-three-times-more-likely-9154697 This is another article, talking about the same study: https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/c...-to-experience-domestic-abuse/7011688.article Before reading that, I would have agreed with you. My partner is an RN, and he talks about the culture of standing up for patients no matter who is needing to be corrected.

Note to everyonel: Please understand, that my comments about Sini's affect, and whether she has been in a controlling relationship does not serve as an excuse. Trying to understand a situation is not the same thing as trying to excuse someone. I just want to make sure that is clear.

Trying to catch up as fast as I can... I did not have doubts about Sini Mathews only Websleuths TOS I eblieve prevented many of us from saying how we really felt about mom being alseep through the whole thing..

Glad to see things unravelling..

I agree with you. I don't want to say anything negative about Websleuths because the moderators and Tricia have a terrifically difficult job, but I felt that once the police said Sini was a person of interest and under investigation, even in the Indian media, she should have been fair game for discussion. Some of the web sources that were available then are gone now, and that means we cannot sleuth them now that we have been allowed to discuss Sini.

I have really looked at the photos of Sini and struggled to determine if what I see is a flat affect or the thousand yard stare. Both have similar roots are difficult to differentiate. Both can be indicative of mental health issues. PTSD is a common cause as is psychoactive medications and/or depression. There are some references to the flat affect with Schizophrenia with disassociation as well. Although the appearance of either can be simply from boredom or an effort to disassociate with ones current surroundings, I fear we may see a mental health defense on the way. As a nurse she would be aware of both as a symptom of certain mental health issues. What concerns me is that it is also in photos taken long before the final incident with Sherin making it difficult to view as an attempt to create a mental health defense.

Even as far back as the photo and video of Sherin’s adoption ceremony. I can not find one single picture of her that I can positively determine is Sini Ann Mathews that shows any degree of emotion. Early on we all heard of people who referred to her as cold or detached...

JMHO

I do have one photo showing some emotion, or certainly a smile.

I do not seem to be able to navigate the site well enough to attach the photo. Says to drag the photo, but nothing happens. If I can figure it out, I'll post here. A nice photo of the four Mathews. Sigh..

Your statement about RN's being more assertive made me curious about rates of domestic violence among nurses. What I found out shocked me.. "Some 14 per cent have been victims of domestic abuse in the last year, with one in 50 suffering injury. This compares with a national average of 4.4 per cent." http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nurses-three-times-more-likely-9154697 This is another article, talking about the same study: https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/c...-to-experience-domestic-abuse/7011688.article Before reading that, I would have agreed with you. My partner is an RN, and he talks about the culture of standing up for patients no matter who is needing to be corrected.

Note to everyonel: Please understand, that my comments about Sini's affect, and whether she has been in a controlling relationship does not serve as an excuse. Trying to understand a situation is not the same thing as trying to excuse someone. I just want to make sure that is clear.

YES! Absolutely.

I agree with you. I don't want to say anything negative about Websleuths because the moderators and Tricia have a terrifically difficult job, but I felt that once the police said Sini was a person of interest and under investigation, even in the Indian media, she should have been fair game for discussion. Some of the web sources that were available then are gone now, and that means we cannot sleuth them now that we have been allowed to discuss Sini.

Let us discount Indian media, I can give you at least couple of links from ndtv.com which cleared SM and proclaimed the police have said SM is not involved !! Indian media is largely doing cut and paste from the US MSM . RPD never said SM was a POI, other than saying they would like to talk to her.
If this forum did not have the TOS, this community is no different from the several facebook groups peddling unconfirmed conspiracy theories.

I do have one photo showing some emotion, or certainly a smile.

I do not seem to be able to navigate the site well enough to attach the photo. Says to drag the photo, but nothing happens. If I can figure it out, I'll post here. A nice photo of the four Mathews. Sigh..
great find
:goodpost:

i thought I had one and found out is was the wrong Sini It was Sini s. Not Ann. And they look a lot alike

Since people are discussing the dynamics inside the couple's relationship, there was this interesting snippet from Maria Guerrero's FB page on the day of SM's arrest which supports the comments during the initial days from the several freelance sources that mentioned WM was the main caregiver for Sherin.

Maria Guerrero · I can only tell you that I have spoken with many people these past several weeks and they have all told me that Sherin loved Wesley and that she was always around him.

I kind of think WM is so adamant that their bio daughter is returned to his wife because I think he's afraid his bio daughter will say something. I bet that poor little girl witnessed something that they don't want anyone to know about.
She probably has already. 4 year olds have no concept of lying or hiding the truth to cover for someone else.
They do not yet grasp how to mislead and deceive on behalf of others.
However if asked did you eat the cookie, they will lie, to protect themselves.
It is definitely something that changes as they continue to mature.
This is a LONG article, but some may find it interesting!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2785013/

MOO

Thank you for being so open about your experiences. I think it is often difficult, from the outside, to understand all the factors that go into people, our perceptions and our choices. I recently read one of Jaycee Dugard's books. There was a point in her life in captivity that she had opportunities to walk away. But she could not. She had no ability to conceptualize that anyone was available to help her, or that her family still existed and wanted her back.

I am not suggesting anything specific with regard to Sini Mathews, simply acknowledging that the logic of the world does not exist within certain extreme situations. It's like trying to understand the choices of addicts. They make perfect sense within the context of addiction,but are completely baffling anywhere else.

The case that keeps coming to mind is one I don't know a lot about (mostly the way it was portrayed when Law&Order ripped it from the headlines). But, it was in New York, involved adoption and a doctor and his wife. The child was abused to death and apparently the mother was severely abused as well. Drugs use/addiction may have played a role. The piece that keeps coming up was that the child was beaten and then left to lie, perhaps in a pool of vomit? The father is reported to have said he would check on her later. Strikes me as not so much evil/cruel as detached from reality. Makes me wonder about exactly the status of both Sherin and the adults when they left home, returned home and ultimately took action.

The only three stories that I am aware of that I relate to quite well are Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Colleen Stan. I was allowed to see my family etc, but the fear was always over head, i only ever saw my mom "unsupervised". I was isolated from all of my own friends and his friends were brought in as replacements. When I was "bad" I was often "babysat" by one of his friends while he was at work. I was handcuffed or bound nearly every night, not allowed to use furniture and so on. His dad was a minister and would tell me (using scripture) that "woman obeys man and man obeys God" and that if i would behave I wouldn't need to be punished. This started when I was 15 and lasted 5 years. My parents suspected I was being abused, but they rarely ever saw marks on me. They didn't find it odd that I always sat on the floor because I had two very young children who were down on the floor playing etc. It was just before my 20th birthday when we escaped and the ONLY reason I left was because if I hadn't he would have killed us that night.

I do tend to take the "victims" side a lot more than I should, or in the very least, give them the benefit of doubt. I know with Sini, I am very much playing devils advocate and I honestly do not know what to believe because we do not know anything. BUT, I am more than willing to follow the facts, and right now the only facts we have been given are that she left "willingly" when told to by WM to go for dinner.

However, the fact that WM's statement says she went without hesitation (can't recall the wording), gives me pause, because as a victim, putting up a fight could have made it really REALLY bad for Sherin, other child and herself if WM was controlling. I found it odd that he put this in there that she came willingly. Just because you come without putting up a fight, doesn't mean you didn't want to, it simply means the perceived repercussions could be worse if you did not obey that command. Clearly, it did turn out really REALLY bad for Sherin regardless of Sini's "obedience" in going for dinner. BUT, we do not know at this point if Sini was awake or not, or what time anything happened, that has all been speculation. We don't even know if dinner was at 4pm right after school or if it was at 10pm.

So, the only "facts" we have right now are they went to dinner without Sherin sometime on the evening of the 6th, at some point while Sini was allegedly sleeping, in the early morning hours of the 7th, WM took Sherin to the garage and assisted her in drinking milk until he could no longer detect a pulse and believed she was dead and then he removed her from the home. We also know the car was missing between 4am and 5am. No other facts at this time other than her body being found in a culvert less than a mile from the home.

The reasons I personally relate to these cases the most are because all three people had opportunity to "escape" and didn't because they feared being punished, unwanted and/or for the lives of their families. Dugard was in the police station and didn't ask for help, she also had gone on shopping trips with the wife and never alerted to anyone. Hornbeck lived in an apartment complex with his captor. He had internet access and even went on sleep overs. He went to a website his parents had up and asked if they would ever quit looking for their son and got no reply, he didn't say "dad help me i am at this address", he also went on sleep overs with new friends and at one point his missing poster was on the news, the mom asked "is that you?" and he laughed it off and said no, so they believed him. He was safe and could have been free, but the fear of his captor prevented him from reaching out. Colleen Stan is also known as the woman in the box, eventually she was allowed to be outside and do chores etc. She was told that her captor was part of a group of people who would kill her family if she tried to leave. At one point, he even dropped her off at her family home and she never said anything, she went with him "willingly" when picked up.

These cases are important to remember the fact that these people all had opportunity to leave and all had a fear beyond what most people have experienced, to actually feel safe in an escape. IF Sini was a victim, remembering how deep fear can go is really important. If she is not a victim and maybe WM is, the same applies, if they are both just heinous people then clearly none of this applies, but its still worth keeping an open mind, until we know for sure, and for the unfortunate future cases that we will see. :(

It is horrifying to think of how Sherin's big sister must be feeling throughout all of this. She (probably) witnessed at least some abuse of her sister. She lost her sister who she seemed to be quite close with. And now she has lost both of her parents. That poor child is the second victim in all of this. I hope whoever has her is making sure that she is getting therapy and endless love.

The so-called "helping" professions--nursing, social work, teaching--tend to draw disproportionately from people who have grown up in dysfunction--addiction, co-dependency,abuse, etc. One recovering co-dependent counselor I heard speak once put it down to all the "volunteer" experience taking care of family members growing up. Such folks also frequently have difficulty in the areas of boundary setting, selecting mentally healthy mates, etc.

I know this press conference was already posted and referenced a few times in discussions, but can't recall if this portion was specifically discussed.

11:57 mark
https://www.facebook.com/Fox4DFW/videos/vb.172530812092/10154927891037093/?type=2&theater

Reporter:
Had they ever mentioned that they went out to dinner?

Perlich:
Uh yes, during the initial interview they made a comment about that. Now as far as how many of them went and things like that, that's another story.

He used the words they, so she lied initially about Sherin being left at home.
Kind of makes the "asleep when she died" story even harder to believe because she's lied to police previously about important facts, just like Wesley has.

Most nurses are caretakers, some of us are classic enablers and codependent, it is a blurry line we walk. What starts out in the beginning as being totally supportive and giving becomes abused by the sociopaths we can attract. When we care for patients they are entitled to all our compassion no matter how abhorrent their behavior. I had to learn NOT to be this way in my personal life and to insist on a partner who gave to the relationship as well. As assertive as I was at work, it is extremely hard to maintain that personally when your partner is an abuser and user of you. MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The so-called "helping" professions--nursing, social work, teaching--tend to draw disproportionately from people who have grown up in dysfunction--addiction, co-dependency,abuse, etc. One recovering co-dependent counselor I heard speak once put it down to all the "volunteer" experience taking care of family members growing up. Such folks also frequently have difficulty in the areas of boundary setting, selecting mentally healthy mates, etc.

Yes! And nurses overwhelmingly have “caregiver” personality types. We tend to gravitate to people who need help which often leads to unhealthy relationship dynamics. Personally, even before becoming a nurse, I came from a dysfunctional background and ended up in an emotionally abusive (and eventually physically) marriage. I had to intervene between my now-ex and my oldest when he was “punishing” him a time or two and I knew I needed to get out but was unable to find the ability to walk away until the ex cheated and moved in with new girlfriend... most of this went down while I was in RN school and learning about dysfunctional relationships and personality types. Even during the turmoil at home, I was still a strong advocate for my patients in school and then work.

I have since treaded very carefully in the dating arena because I know my tendencies in choosing a mate [emoji846]

I say this to be two-fold, Sini could very well have been controlled and still been a strong nurse. AND, if things were escalating between WM and Sherin, Sini may have gone to dinner willingly to try to protect the child from further physical abuse or an escalating situation. The fact that WM stated that Sini went “willingly and without coercion” is very odd to me and sounds intentional and deflecting of blame.

Now, I am not absolving Sini of blame in the whole situation, but I am reserving judgement until more details come out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was her job description :
Description:*Position Summary-Full time-Need PICU experience*
The Case Manager utilizes advanced nursing skills and knowledge of resource management and fiscal responsibility to coordinate the clinical care for a designated patient population across the continuum of care. The responsibilities include but are not limited to clinical effectiveness, discharge planning, care coordination, clinical resource management and core measure documentation. The Case Manager interacts with Medical, Nursing and Ancillary staff to facilitate quality based, cost effective patient outcomes and ensure care is provided in the most appropriate setting.*

MORE AT LINK
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=731b2d406240d2c7&from=serp

MOO

RSBM... We don’t know that this PICU job is 100% her previous position, I worked for this hospital at one point and I get their new job opening emails almost daily and case manager positions are forever opening up. The gist of what a hospital case manager does is coordinate care with regard to follow up planning, accessing home care services, DME, etc, and fighting insurance companies for authorizations.

Most nurses are caretakers, some of us are classic enablers and codependent, it is a blurry line we walk. What starts out in the beginning as being totally supportive and giving becomes abused by the sociopaths we can attract. When we care for patients they are entitled to all our compassion no matter how abhorrent their behavior. I had to learn NOT to be this way in my personal life and to insist on a partner who gave to the relationship as well. As assertive as I was at work, it is extremely hard to maintain that personally when your partner is an abuser and user of you. MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes! Much of what I posted at the same time as you [emoji13]

This B should have zero say in where any children go ever period.

Wesley remains in jail, but his attorney said he loves his children and believes his 4-year-old daughter should live with her mother. He will be present at the next hearing to fight for custody.

“Dad loves his children. He does want to keep his parental rights,” said David Kleckner, Wesley’s attorney. “He certainly wants his children to go to the mother.”

:puke:

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that they have never left their bio daughter home alone as a punishment.

I agree. I feel that Sini treated the biological daughter much differently to Sherin, right from when Sherin was first adopted. I might be wrong but I don't see the mother giving Sherin much love at all. From what I've read the father was the one who was keen to adopt, hence, maybe Sini made him look after Sherin the most.

So, on the initial interview, they didn't mention that when they went to dinner, they left Sherin behind. If true, she was likely tied up or locked in a cabinet or already dead.

Just think about letting your three year olds entertain themselves alone in the kitchen for 90 minutes. Right. These people wouldn't risk that kind of mayhem, look at the garage, it is spotless. They would not set themselves up for a mess.

The spoons are driving me crazy. Why were spoons and a spoon wall hanging taken into custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62