Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had posted a job opening for a PICU case manager position thinking it was Sini’s vacated position. I received this email yesterday and I believe somewhere earlier in the investigation it was reported that Sini did work for the CMC health plan... perhaps this is actually her vacated position?
<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I screenshot the email I received but got snipped - wasn’t sure how to reference an email and didn’t realize that screenshot was against TOC, thought that referred to social media - sorry! &#129318;&#127996;*&#9792;&#65039; - went through the email and found the link to the actual posting I mentioned above - here it is:

https://jobs.childrens.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-94341&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

All I know for sure is, there is ONE little victim in this case. She was "removed from the home" like garbage and placed in a ditch. There were two adults in that home and both are under arrest. One biological child was removed from that home, and CPS was called at least once to this home prior to the death of this precious little victim. I don't see ANY indication anywhere that there are other "victims" in this home. Until I do, I believe the two adults in that home are totally responsible for the death of this precious baby. JMO, MOO, etc.

I just don't find "evil" to be an adequate explanation for an act of abuse or neglect (or much of anything else for that matter). People make choices for reasons, generally to protect or advance self--or by extension family.

I have to look for the personal gain in any of this. A controlling person tends to be highly ego-protective. In many cases abuse (such as shaken baby) traces back to frustration--often based in a belief of personal rejection by the baby or child.

Understanding such causes is not about excusing any person's choices, but rather being able accurately assess the events. We should always be about looking at the fact pattern to piece together a larger picture. To my mind a placeholder like "evil" doesn't contribute much, although it may be useful in distancing ourselves from the events--believing that none of us could ever commit such horrors.

Absolutelty JMO

Your post is interesting and brings up some good points. Let me clarify though from the start that my opinions are never meant to put down yours or anyone else's. We all write from our own perspectives.

I respectfully disagree though with your premise being a factor here. I don't think your scenarios fit this situation. Just my opinion.

I get the frustration concept but not as an explanation for anything here. On which planet would frustration ever explain going out to eat and leaving a 3 year old home alone?!

That is evil, not frustration.

Yes, I've said that word again. It is most definitely NOT a placeholder in this discussion for me. It's not a way to distance myself from their actions.

( Yes, I make mistakes but I'm not evil. Nor do I ever worry about it becoming me. )

This is not a failure on my part 'to look at the fact pattern to piece together a larger picture.'

To me, those words in this case only serve to dilute the very meaning of the evil that is present here, imo.

Please know, I sincerely do not intend any snark with this post. I'm only trying to explain my thoughts. I hope you will bear with me.

Evil is real.

Imo, good people have such a hard time believing in its inherent existence. So they spin a sad story to explain it. Has to be culture! Has to be upbringing! Surely a past traumatic event.

That's what good people do, because we have no frame of reference for this.

It was not just a cultural mistake to leave a 3 year old home alone. A momentary lapse in judgment. These are intelligent adults living in the USA. And it's against the law!!

To water their actions down with sanguine explanations and reasoning, imo, only allows the evil to expand and continue on its merry way.

We have to name it to confront it.

I have strong opinions and make no apology for calling evil what it is. I cannot smooth it over with platitudes.

We can't play with it. We can't dance with it. We can't snuggle up to it. Most importantly, we dare not make excuses for it.

It will only chew you up and spit you out.

If you put perfume on it, it still stinks.

Can't be fixed. Can't be cured.

I've seen evil, genuine evil, up close and personal.

I worked on an acute adult inpatient, locked psychiatric unit of a regular hospital for 15 years. Was Charge Nurse for the last 7.

Mental illness is NOT synonymous with evil. Far from it. In fact, I learned the meaning of genuine courage from the daily struggles of my patients. They were my teachers.

The only true evil I saw was looking into the eyes of any malignant narcissist. They were on our unit because they didn't want to go to jail. They thought somehow they'd escape from LE if they stopped off at our unit first.

Never worked. But their evil quickly contaminated every aspect of our therapeutic environment.

Here's a link below describing the evil of malignant narcissists. True sociopaths.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...g-evil-dark-triad-tetrad-malignant-narcissism

Once you see this evil, you never forget it.

It's my belief we are seeing that evil in Sherin's death. Not a culture thing. Not an ego-protection thing. Not a momentary frustration, stressed to the max, thing either.

This baby girl is dead, found inside a culvert. We can only imagine the horror and suffering she went through.

In my opinion, it's a dishonor to her to not call this exactly what it is.

EVIL

&#8203;JMO

I screenshot the email I received but got snipped - wasn&#8217;t sure how to reference an email and didn&#8217;t realize that screenshot was against TOC, thought that referred to social media - sorry! &#55358;&#56614;&#55356;&#57340;*&#9792;&#65039; - went through the email and found the link to the actual posting I mentioned above - here it is:

https://jobs.childrens.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-94341&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any

I don&#8217;t think this is a listing for her job. Looking at the description it mentions this is an at home position when not doing face to face evaluations. I don&#8217;t think she worked an at home...and she worked night shifts didn&#8217;t she?

I believe it was posted upthread from a MSM site (dallas news maybe?) that LE made a correction that said that Older Sisters age was given inaccurately early on and that she is actually 3. Not sure when she is to turn 4. I will see if I can find the link.

Found it!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/11/16/mother-sherin-mathews-charged-child-endangerment
So the OP is saying that the adoption process began prior to Sherin being born?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don&#8217;t think this is a listing for her job. Looking at the description it mentions this is an at home position when not doing face to face evaluations. I don&#8217;t think she worked an at home...and she worked night shifts didn&#8217;t she?

Unsure of what shift she worked, but LE did take into evidence a computer from a Children's hospital or clinic. Can't recall which but it was described in the evidence list. Early on it was theorized she worked from home, many areas have nurses available via phone to help you decide if you need to go to the Dr or Emergency Room. I don't know what her official job, we were given her title but were not given a description. It may have included her working from home though. The computer was also theorized to possibly be sold to her when the clinic upgraded, among other things.

JMO

So the OP is saying that the adoption process began prior to Sherin being born?

I think someone looked into adoption timelines from India and it was strongly suggested that it could take 2-4 years IIRC, for an adoption to come through. So, the process may have been started prior to the birth of both children and by the time they got to matching (likely, after the birth, I would think a pregnancy would slow down the process if it had already been started) it was prob when Sherin was quite little, and then from what I have heard from international adoptive families, after matching it generally takes about a year, but, every country is different. To my knowledge, India is one that often pushes things back. If you ever watched The Little Couple on TLC, they adopted from both China and from India, the process was started for BOTH children around the same time, but Zoey's adoption (India) seemed to always be up in the air as to WHEN they would get the travel approval saying they could come get her. In one episode the mom was out and when she came home the dad had their son and their luggage packed and announced they were approved for travel and were ready to go to India to get their daughter! I realize this was edited for TV and scenes are often setup in "reality' tv, but regardless, it was quite emotional and seemed to go from "we have no clue" to "we are leaving". Where, with adoptions from China, it seems from what I have seen, that there is a timeline that is definitely fluid, but still within an expectant range. I hope this helps with timing a bit. Hopefully someone will confirm at some point WHEN the adoption process began. WM and SM allegedly had several years of infertility before deciding to adopt. I have seen it that they adopted to thank god for the gift of their first daughter, and I've seen it said that they had decided to adopt because they wanted a family and weren't able to naturally.

JMO and what I can remember!!

Children range from 18 months to 8 years of age when placed for adoption. The child's average age when placed with an Indo-American family is about 2-3 years. Children placed with non Indian families are about 3 years at placement, unless they have special needs.

http://www.holtinternational.org/india/indiafaq.shtml

Compared to China
China Waiting Child Program: The process for a Waiting Child from China is currently taking 12-18 months from application to placement. The wait for a referral after the home study is completed is currently taking an average of0-6 months.

https://www.new-beginnings.org/adoption-programs/adopting-a-child-from-china/china-adoption-faqs/

I think someone looked into adoption timelines from India and it was strongly suggested that it could take 2-4 years IIRC, for an adoption to come through. So, the process may have been started prior to the birth of both children and by the time they got to matching (likely, after the birth, I would think a pregnancy would slow down the process if it had already been started) it was prob when Sherin was quite little, and then from what I have heard from international adoptive families, after matching it generally takes about a year, but, every country is different. To my knowledge, India is one that often pushes things back. If you ever watched The Little Couple on TLC, they adopted from both China and from India, the process was started for BOTH children around the same time, but Zoey's adoption (India) seemed to always be up in the air as to WHEN they would get the travel approval saying they could come get her. In one episode the mom was out and when she came home the dad had their son and their luggage packed and announced they were approved for travel and were ready to go to India to get their daughter! I realize this was edited for TV and scenes are often setup in "reality' tv, but regardless, it was quite emotional and seemed to go from "we have no clue" to "we are leaving". Where, with adoptions from China, it seems from what I have seen, that there is a timeline that is definitely fluid, but still within an expectant range. I hope this helps with timing a bit. Hopefully someone will confirm at some point WHEN the adoption process began. WM and SM allegedly had several years of infertility before deciding to adopt. I have seen it that they adopted to thank god for the gift of their first daughter, and I've seen it said that they had decided to adopt because they wanted a family and weren't able to naturally.

JMO and what I can remember!!
So we have no idea when they started the process. (I would think it would be odd to start it before the child was born, though.)

Sorry, I'm still back on page 17 but can't sit on my fingers and not say anything for another 30 pages. I've been reading another thread the past few days and didn't even know about the Sini arrest until a few hours ago, now I'm trying to catch up.

Well, we were under strict orders that Sini was innocent unless and until charges were brought...I wanted to believe she was innocent of anything/everything but I think it was around the time of the second story from WM and the finding of Sherin's body that I felt I could see signs of female involvement, just little things and I can't even remember exactly what those things were, and I remember trying to be careful how I alluded to some of them so as to not sound accusatory.

Without being able to remember exactly what made me feel that way, I still feel that way. I got the feeling that the garage was stated as being the place where WM tried to get Sherin to drink the 'milk' in order to move the story away from the kitchen. And now he's said the milk incident was in the kitchen. So where does the garage come in? I think maybe the body was moved there prior to, and ready for, transportation out of the property, but I don't think anything actually happened there.

The milk has been the same in all three versions, I think it's probably what did set everything off, and it's just taking multiple versions of the story to get to the real story.

Another consistency in the three versions is that WM is insistent on taking the blame, and he's consistently keeping Sini out of the story. I wonder if that's a bit like trying to keep the story away from the kitchen, and maybe Sini was present or even involved in what happened to cause Sherin's death.

I did originally think the culvert looked like a woman's body dump site (it looks a bit like a birth canal). But I don't really see evidence of anyone other than WM transporting the body there...yet.

I'm now thinking something happened with the milk, and possibly more Sini trying to get Sherin to drink the milk. Something happened that led to Sherin's death. They hadn't eaten, if the restaurant didn't have a reservation made, then I think that meal out wasn't planned but was more to get the other child out of the house for food because of what had just happened in the kitchen.

Then, I conjecture, they came back from the meal, moved Sherin's body to the garage, and put the other daughter to bed. I think they may then have stayed up until the early hours of Saturday talking about what to do with the body, whether or not to call the police, and what to say to the police.

Regardless of the COD, I think the stomach contents will be very interesting. Was there any meal after what Sherin had for school lunch? Did she take any of the milk that was allegedly given to her before the rest of the family went out for dinner? How far did that get through her digestive system? And did she have anything to eat after that?

So we have no idea when they started the process. (I would think it would be odd to start it before the child was born, though.)

I edited and added the time with links. But, if LE's correction is correct (LOL) and Older Sister is also 3 years old. It seems that the 2-3 year time frame could definitely mean they began the process, found out they were pregnant, and decided to proceed but have their child first, this IMO would explain how Sherin was also 3 and slightly younger as if they had began the first part and then stopped before matching, Sherin would have been about a year old when they were matched, and their older daughter would have been slightly older. Sherin was about 2 when she was brought home, can't recall if it was before or after her birthday, but I think that allows for the 2-3 year timeline to fit fairly well. Again just me speculating!

I edited and added the time with links. But, if LE's correction is correct (LOL) and Older Sister is also 3 years old. It seems that the 2-3 year time frame could definitely mean they began the process, found out they were pregnant, and decided to proceed but have their child first, this IMO would explain how Sherin was also 3 and slightly younger as if they had began the first part and then stopped before matching, Sherin would have been about a year old when they were matched, and their older daughter would have been slightly older. Sherin was about 2 when she was brought home, can't recall if it was before or after her birthday, but I think that allows for the 2-3 year timeline to fit fairly well. Again just me speculating!
I'm just confused because I thought it had been established that India only adopts to outside countries if the child is somewhat special needs. Therefore, it seems to me that this process might be quite different from where you begin it in other countries, waiting for a baby to become available.

And it was stated as a fact that the process began before either child was born, so I was asking if that's what the OP meant and how we knew that. I can't find a thing online that sources that information. All I can find is that they specifically wanted that particular child - Sherin. So this information seems suspect to me.

Your post is interesting and brings up some good points. Let me clarify though from the start that my opinions are never meant to put down yours or anyone else's. We all write from our own perspectives.

I respectfully disagree though with your premise being a factor here. I don't think your scenarios fit this situation. Just my opinion.

I get the frustration concept but not as an explanation for anything here. On which planet would frustration ever explain going out to eat and leaving a 3 year old home alone?!

That is evil, not frustration.

Yes, I've said that word again. It is most definitely NOT a placeholder in this discussion for me. It's not a way to distance myself from their actions.

( Yes, I make mistakes but I'm not evil. Nor do I ever worry about it becoming me. )

This is not a failure on my part 'to look at the fact pattern to piece together a larger picture.'

To me, those words in this case only serve to dilute the very meaning of the evil that is present here, imo.

Please know, I sincerely do not intend any snark with this post. I'm only trying to explain my thoughts. I hope you will bear with me.

Evil is real.

Imo, good people have such a hard time believing in its inherent existence. So they spin a sad story to explain it. Has to be culture! Has to be upbringing! Surely a past traumatic event.

That's what good people do, because we have no frame of reference for this.

It was not just a cultural mistake to leave a 3 year old home alone. A momentary lapse in judgment. These are intelligent adults living in the USA. And it's against the law!!

To water their actions down with sanguine explanations and reasoning, imo, only allows the evil to expand and continue on its merry way.

We have to name it to confront it.

I have strong opinions and make no apology for calling evil what it is. I cannot smooth it over with platitudes.

We can't play with it. We can't dance with it. We can't snuggle up to it. Most importantly, we dare not make excuses for it.

It will only chew you up and spit you out.

If you put perfume on it, it still stinks.

Can't be fixed. Can't be cured.

I've seen evil, genuine evil, up close and personal.

I worked on an acute adult inpatient, locked psychiatric unit of a regular hospital for 15 years. Was Charge Nurse for the last 7.

Mental illness is NOT synonymous with evil. Far from it. In fact, I learned the meaning of genuine courage from the daily struggles of my patients. They were my teachers.

The only true evil I saw was looking into the eyes of any malignant narcissist. They were on our unit because they didn't want to go to jail. They thought somehow they'd escape from LE if they stopped off at our unit first.

Never worked. But their evil quickly contaminated every aspect of our therapeutic environment.

Here's a link below describing the evil of malignant narcissists. True sociopaths.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...g-evil-dark-triad-tetrad-malignant-narcissism

Once you see this evil, you never forget it.

It's my belief we are seeing that evil in Sherin's death. Not a culture thing. Not an ego-protection thing. Not a momentary frustration, stressed to the max, thing either.

This baby girl is dead, found inside a culvert. We can only imagine the horror and suffering she went through.

In my opinion, it's a dishonor to her to not call this exactly what it is.

EVIL

&#8203;JMO

You just got a virtual standing ovation from me. Thank you for this powerful post. Every word spot on. Unless you've met a truly *evil* person (and they are rare thank God), it's a hard concept to understand. They exist. Evil is alive and well. Most smart people know not to feed the dragons.

Sorry, I'm still back on page 17 but can't sit on my fingers and not say anything for another 30 pages. I've been reading another thread the past few days and didn't even know about the Sini arrest until a few hours ago, now I'm trying to catch up.

Well, we were under strict orders that Sini was innocent unless and until charges were brought...I wanted to believe she was innocent of anything/everything but I think it was around the time of the second story from WM and the finding of Sherin's body that I felt I could see signs of female involvement, just little things and I can't even remember exactly what those things were, and I remember trying to be careful how I alluded to some of them so as to not sound accusatory.

Without being able to remember exactly what made me feel that way, I still feel that way. I got the feeling that the garage was stated as being the place where WM tried to get Sherin to drink the 'milk' in order to move the story away from the kitchen. And now he's said the milk incident was in the kitchen. So where does the garage come in? I think maybe the body was moved there prior to, and ready for, transportation out of the property, but I don't think anything actually happened there.

The milk has been the same in all three versions, I think it's probably what did set everything off, and it's just taking multiple versions of the story to get to the real story.

Another consistency in the three versions is that WM is insistent on taking the blame, and he's consistently keeping Sini out of the story. I wonder if that's a bit like trying to keep the story away from the kitchen, and maybe Sini was present or even involved in what happened to cause Sherin's death.

I did originally think the culvert looked like a woman's body dump site (it looks a bit like a birth canal). But I don't really see evidence of anyone other than WM transporting the body there...yet.

I'm now thinking something happened with the milk, and possibly more Sini trying to get Sherin to drink the milk. Something happened that led to Sherin's death. They hadn't eaten, if the restaurant didn't have a reservation made, then I think that meal out wasn't planned but was more to get the other child out of the house for food because of what had just happened in the kitchen.

Then, I conjecture, they came back from the meal, moved Sherin's body to the garage, and put the other daughter to bed. I think they may then have stayed up until the early hours of Saturday talking about what to do with the body, whether or not to call the police, and what to say to the police.

Regardless of the COD, I think the stomach contents will be very interesting. Was there any meal after what Sherin had for school lunch? Did she take any of the milk that was allegedly given to her before the rest of the family went out for dinner? How far did that get through her digestive system? And did she have anything to eat after that?

Just want to say that the arrest of Sini is actually part of WM's second story, not a third story. So, in that second story we were told about the garage and the milk out there, but now we have been given this additional information from that same interview meaning that WM said on garage statement day, that they 'fought with Sherin about milk, abandoned her and went to dinner, returned and she was still in the kitchen (we haven't been informed of the time of this), then sometime in the night/early morning, he brought her to the garage to drink milk and she once again refused, she finally began to drink and he "assisted" her, and then she choked and when she no longer had a pulse and he believed she was dead, he removed her from the home.' <--clearly paraphrased. I don't know if the 3am has been mentioned since version 1 which included the tree or not. The only times we do have are "dinner", the 4-5am car ride and then 911 being called at 8:12am.

I really really hope that LE has an even more in depth statement from WM and they are holding much of it back so Sini can't get her story straight with his, and to have a great shot at trial.

I am personally calling this update to version 2, version 2.1 as I am sure we will see more things come out as charges are upped!!

Hope this clarifies that this was all part of version 2 and that you are correct that milk seems to be the most consistent thing.

JMO

I don’t think this is a listing for her job. Looking at the description it mentions this is an at home position when not doing face to face evaluations. I don’t think she worked an at home...and she worked night shifts didn’t she?

Very interesting observation.

During the initial days when freelancers were doing ad hoc reporting , one such report claimed SM is not an RN, but just an LVN and that she is unemployed and sitting at home and probably studying for RN.
Maybe SM indeed had a position which mainly had her working from home.

I'm just confused because I thought it had been established that India only adopts to outside countries if the child is somewhat special needs. Therefore, it seems to me that this process might be quite different from where you begin it in other countries, waiting for a baby to become available.

And it was stated as a fact that the process began before either child was born, so I was asking if that's what the OP meant and how we knew that. I can't find a thing online that sources that information. All I can find is that they specifically wanted that particular child - Sherin. So this information seems suspect to me.

To the "they specifically wanted that particular child" I find that sort of off as anyone who I have known or spoke to who has adopted, whether domestic or internationally, seems to basically be matched with several children who meet what they are looking for, age, gender, supposed health, and then to continue, you have to select the child. It's not like you say "I want to adopt a child" and go through all the motions etc, and show up and get to walk through an orphanage and take your pick and walk away with the child in arms. It is a process. So of course they would only want Sherin. They had selected her from what may have been a large group or a small group, and then continued the process with her photos, her updates, her being on the phone with them and so on. It seems strange to me that the orphanage said this (or it was translated poorly), because that's how adoption generally works. It's not like the foster system where you are signed up to receive children and they will come and go and then if they do come available for adoption, you may have the option to adopt a child already in your care. I hope this makes sense. It's a bit of a rant because it IMO seems to almost demonize adoptive parents for falling in love with their future child.

As to the info you are looking for, I have no clue. I recall when Sherin was first missing someone from the church, a male who had a child very young, saying that Wesley had been an encouragement to him and he explained that they had been struggling with fertility a long time and had decided to adopt. I don't recall if what he said was adoption and then they found out they were pregnant, or if they found out they were pregnant and decided to adopt to thank god. I have heard people say both, but it's been so long since that first week and that church member speaking, that it seems to be buried alive. Perhaps you would find the needle in the haystack of Thread 1?

I personally would love it if the orphanage or the adoption agency, or even LE who took the adoption papers, would clear up WHEN the adoption process began. I know it wouldn't make much of a difference as far as motive, but IMO it could help us to see if whatever the heck happened to cause a deterioration that lead to Sherin's death was missed or if they had gone through the medicals and all studies and such, 2 or 3 years before they arrived to get Sherin or if they were completed far more recently. I can't help but think they ONLY had Sherin for a year, it blows my mind that they could have passed all evaluations and been approved just over a year ago...

JMO and random ramblings!!

This sounds to me like they were trying to conceive, having trouble, decided to adopt. During the adoption process she got pregnant, but they were already well into the process, possibly had already been matched with Sherin, so they went through with it. I guess India doesn't have the rule that the adoption must be interrupted if you end up pregnant. I'm no adoption expert by any means, never having gone through it, but I believe I have heard that some countries have this rule.

Very interesting observation.

During the initial days when freelancers were doing ad hoc reporting , one such report claimed SM is not an RN, but just an LVN and that she is unemployed and sitting at home and probably studying for RN.
Maybe SM indeed had a position which mainly had her working from home.

Per TX Board of Nursing, she was licensed as an RN as of 10/2009 and as an LVN in 2/2007. TX does not require one to obtain LVN prior to RN. (Not sure how to reference directly to the BON info without screenshots, but you can get there from this link: https://www.bon.texas.gov/licensure_verification.asp )

I've been researching, and am really getting a lot of conflicting information on how easy it is to adopt from India. Part of this is because there is also a sketchy trade in children kidnapped from the slums to basically be sold through adoption agencies. So while the official rules in India (as of 2015, anyway) may make it seem difficult on the surface, it's not necessarily always that difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members