Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is is possible, but finding someone with legal standing that would be willing is another problem. Once the custody issues is settled the new legal guardian/parent could sue on behalf of the sister, or the grandparents could. However, I do not see Sini’s or WM’s family wanting to drag this out any more than necessary. If they would be willing it would only be against CPS I am sure, even though Sini and WM could be sued also. If the adoption had been domestic and an open adoption the bio’s might have been able to get legal standing although I haven’t heard of it happening yet. There is always some ambitious young lawyer that will welcome an opportunity to set precedent.

So so yes it is possible but improbable.

JMHO

I wonder if the adoption agency that was still actively involved in the case for the reporting or the adoption people in India who were relying on proper reporting, could sue on behalf of Sherin, as they still did have some sort of role in her life and were clearly lied to by omission. It had to be really bloody hard to have 4 checks done in the year and Sherin always having a broken bone or injury AND then her failure to thrive. It seems like even with their reporting, they only reported what they could blame her for. Refusing to eat and therefore losing weight. Refusing to drink her milk. Being super slow to eat (5 hours for one milk??), a slide hurt her, the orphanage didn't have her nourished properly and so on. The amount of blame they had to have placed on other people and things should have been a big red-flag for CPS and even the worker creating the reports and assisting with the "Feeding issues".

I hope that the fact that the Indian Embassy has been involved, that they will have the job(s) of those people who were paid as a last resort to protect Sherin, and didn't.

Yes, I blame the parents as they caused all of this. They chose this. BUT, the resources that are supposed to protect a child, such as CPS, were notified, and she ended up dead. That simply can't be overlooked. 3 nice cars, 5 cell phones and a decent house in a decent neighbourhood doesn't make a "good parent". Neither do good jobs or being active in church.

Grouchymom's testimony in previous threads about what she went through with her child years ago when women didn't have the rights that we do now, that is what makes someone a "good parent" not the roof over the head, but the deep seeded instinct to do whatever is humanly possible, to protect your child and provide life-necessities.

JMO

I broke my arm twice as a kid, and when I think about the impact it took to cause those injuries, I feel ill for this little girl. (Mine were play injuries in front of witnesses - I was a Tom boy.) I mean, I landed on my back on the asphalt with a thud once that knocked me out and broke my arm during dodge ball at recess. That was the most minor break. So what did they do to her to break her ribs and femur?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Broken femurs can be deadly, alone! With my medical experience, 9 years as a medic, for an adult.... they can bleed out within minutes..... for a child.... almost immediately!!!! Why in the hell did the hospital Dr. not report this!!! Especially in a child as young as Sherin..... her bones were still developing!!! (Google it!!!!) That severe of a fracture or even broken bone, at her age, should have had her in the hospital for weeks... with surgery/surgeries!!!!

This case pisses me off, to no end.

I understand where most of you are "sick"..... I'm just pissed!!!! This baby has been neglected from birth!!!

Lord, help me understand the reasoning...... however, I will never understand!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My friend broke her elbow and my Dad broke his femur.
They were both extremely painful and required surgery to repair.

My friend fell on concrete, my Dad off a 20 foot drop snowmobiling. (First broken bone at 65.)
It's been almost 9 months since he broke his femur and he is just now getting back to normal.
Even still when he climbs the stairs it hurts. When he goes down the stairs he has to be cautious.

When I watch him walk I think of Sherin and I get sick to my stomach.
There is NO excuse for this. NONE. I've had 3 kids, 2 of them are totally reckless.
Somehow we've managed without any major broken bones.

I don't know anyone who's child has had 5 major broken bones in their first few years.
I'm just stunned that Sherin wasn't protected.
I hope people who could have saved her are losing sleep over it just like we are. :gaah:

All of this "I plead the fifth" BS, makes me so dang angry!!!!!

I have NEVER seen a court room, judge, lawyers.... that would even attempt to say "look at me before you answer" and hold up a hand.... saying plead the fifth! F that!!!! For that judge to allow that to happen.....5 minutes is all I would need with her.... only words, I'm not threatening... in anyway shape or form.... she must be as demented as WM and SM!!!

On that note, I'm sure that I've went above and beyond TOS, that being said, I'm out for a bit.

I'm so angry, disappointed and heartbroken... not only for Sherin, for everyone here!!! Everyone here has gone above and beyond!

Has there been any speculation of insurance taken out by parents on Sherin?

I think I read in the tweets posted a couple pages back that SM stated that WM would do anything for her? Something along those lines...

My theory all along is she is the abuser in this relationship, and though it usually is men, there are many times it is women. So he went to prison for her, and is admitting guilt for her, because if he doesn’t maybe there is a darker threat underneath we know nothing about. I know about domestic abuse and lived through it for years... that statement to me said 1000 things and she is almost bragging... as abusers often do. Again WM in no way shape or form is free and clear, he had a hand in this too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that very telling. It's what I've suspected all along, but I had no idea that he was covering up this much abuse...how could anyone cover up this much abuse to their child? It could be both of them actively abusing, it could be Sini abusing and WM standing by, but that question suggests to me that it's one of those two options rather than WM being the sole abuser and Sini being frightened to say anything.

A previous post asked how a doctor could tell that a broken bone wasn't caused from the accident the parents claimed caused it?

From watching Bones I learned that there are different types of breaks, different positions for the breaks, and each will be consistent with a type of injury, so the doctor can look at the x-ray and 'know' you're lying about how it happened.

I thought those two girls looked fearful in the church choir video. Even if the older girl hasn't been abused, she's seen her baby sister suffer, and we could see her holding Sherin's hand as if she was a protective mommy to her. This explains what I saw in the video. I didn't want to say it at the time, but I should have done.

They also referred to Sherin as "damaged goods." That sounds like something you would confide to a close friend vs a medical professional or CPS worker.....wonder if close friends have been turning on them since early on? That would explain the strong presence of friends/church members at first but then radio silence.

I wonder how the Mathews view themselves if they view an adoptive daughter with delays and issues she was born with/had no control over as "damaged goods?" They educated themselves (higher education), moved to the United States, the "land of opportunity" secured professional jobs/careers, had a very lovely home in a nice neighborhood and had a cute little family, were active in their Church community, then destroyed absolutely everything/all of that in a day. But Sherin was damaged goods? That girl had nothing to work with. They had everything and still couldn't manage a good life for themselves. They're the ones who are damaged and did an enormous amount of damaging.

I agree with everything, except I think they spent 15 months destroying everything. [emoji22][emoji174]

(quote)
Child abuse? Or vitamin D deficiency rickets?
Authorities fail to see, or acknowledge, the connection

Next, Dr. Carole Jenny, head of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Child Abuse, implies such tragic miscarriages of justice simply don’t happen. She then claims, “We have been checking every child with multiple fractures for metabolic bone diseases for several years and have not identified a single child with Vitamin D deficiency.” How can that statement be true if every other researcher is reporting infantile and early childhood Vitamin D deficiency to be rampant in normal children? Furthermore, how can an infant beaten severely enough to cause multiple fractures not be bruised or in distress? Dr. Jenny cleverly avoids the question.6

Finally, we have commentary by two additional pediatric radiologists, Drs. Thomas Slovis and Stephen Chapman, who make it clear they do not believe in the Vitamin D deficiency pandemic. They found an illustrated medical dictionary to support their claim that one cannot have rickets unless one has x-ray evidence of rickets. If they had found a dictionary with more words and fewer pictures they would discover rickets is defined pathologically, not radiologically.
https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter-child-abuse-or-vitamin-d-deficiency-rickets/

I haven't fully researched this site, but I would be wary of it. They seem to be focused a lot on selling vitamin d supplements.

The analysis about the apparent discrepancy between children with multiple fractures not having vitamin D deficiency yet more and more researchers reporting rampant vitamin d deficiency appears to be taking statements out of context and comparing apples with oranges. We'd need to examine the papers that are being referred to, but I believe that a lot of children have low vitamin d levels and it's not yet really understood how much vitamin d someone does need in their system other than certain extremely low-levels correlating either with rickets or other bone problems. So, more researchers could be reporting rampant deficiency but that doesn't mean all those children are suffering multiple fractures due to that 'deficiency'.

But if you write it the way it's written there, you're certainly going to sell more vitamin d supplements through your site!

But also, if Sherin's case goes to court, we can probably expect experts testifying on this subject and a confused jury not knowing what to make of experts who appear to give conflicting expert knowledge depending on whether they're testifying for the parents or the DA. I hate it when this happens and a jury is supposed to decide when they haven't a clue what they're being told.

My friend broke her elbow and my Dad broke his femur.
They were both extremely painful and required surgery to repair.

My friend fell on concrete, my Dad off a 20 foot drop snowmobiling. (First broken bone at 65.)
It's been almost 9 months since he broke his femur and he is just now getting back to normal.
Even still when he climbs the stairs it hurts. When he goes down the stairs he has to be cautious.

When I watch him walk I think of Sherin and I get sick to my stomach.
There is NO excuse for this. NONE. I've had 3 kids, 2 of them are totally reckless.
Somehow we've managed without any major broken bones.

I don't know anyone who's child has had 5 major broken bones in their first few years.
I'm just stunned that Sherin wasn't protected.
I hope people who could have saved her are losing sleep over it just like we are. :gaah:

HATE to type this but, could her femur have been broken on purpose?

We're imagining how bad the abuse had to be, to break it, but what if it was done purposely, on that particular bone? Aimed at the femur, by someone who knew exactly where it was.

Ugh! Ok, now I feel sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On that note, I'm sure that I've went above and beyond TOS, that being said, I'm out for a bit.

I'm so angry, disappointed and heartbroken... not only for Sherin, for everyone here!!! Everyone here has gone above and beyond!

BIG gentle hugs!!!

WHY would you go through the time and expense to adopt a baby just to abuse her? It absolutely blows my mind. The cruelty is unbounded.

Perhaps when one parent is dead set on it and the other doesn’t want to? Jmo

All of this "I plead the fifth" BS, makes me so dang angry!!!!!

I have NEVER seen a court room, judge, lawyers.... that would even attempt to say "look at me before you answer" and hold up a hand.... saying plead the fifth! F that!!!! For that judge to allow that to happen.....5 minutes is all I would need with her.... only words, I'm not threatening... in anyway shape or form.... she must be as demented as WM and SM!!!

The Constitution guarantees us all the right not to incriminate ourselves. Normally a non-answer is considered contempt of court resulting in fine or imprisonment, invoking the Fifth Amendment right is the exception (also excepted would be spousal privilege, which also came up--we cannot be compelled to give testimony against a spouse). We are also guaranteed, based on the Miranda decision, the right to legal representation. And yes, that includes conferring with the attorney on each and every question or flashing the hand signal across the room.

I understand the frustration given that we all have some pretty strong opinions about the guilt of these particular persons. Recall that this isn't even a criminal trial on the charges they will ultimately face. This was just a hearing to decide one thing, which is whether or not these two are entitled to "services" from CPS. When CPS breaks up a family, they are entitled to supportive services to put the family back together and make for a livable situation. This is so low-income families don't lose their kids owing to conditions of poverty and have not chance to regain them. CPS, however, does not have to go down that route in certain circumstances--essentially where there is no hope of fixing the family or where it would be dangerous to even make the attempt. So--this is a step that CPS has to take. Again--difficult when we want a particular outcome, but these things are in place to, as they say on TV, protect the innocent.

So, the Judge is doing exactly what she has taken an oath to do--upholding the law and the Constitution.

BTW, when it gets to the criminal trial, the accused are not required to even take the stand. That is up to them and their attorney. Always risky. Not taking the stand risks making them look guilty. And they might be the only one who was an eye witness and can attest to their innocence. But if they take the stand they have to be questioned by both sides. So even though their own attorney can given them lots of soft-ball questions, they have to face cross examination by the prosecution. And I believe that if they take the stand, they have then waived their ability to plead the fifth selectively.

That's why WM's attorney was waving his hand so hard when they asked him if he killed Sherin. He would naturally want to say "no I did not." But that then opens the door for lots of other incriminating questions.

HATE to type this but, could her femur have been broken on purpose?

We're imagining how bad the abuse had to be, to break it, but what if it was done purposely, on that particular bone? Aimed at the femur, by someone who knew exactly where it was.

Ugh! Ok, now I feel sick.

The femur is the upper bone in the leg. Not sure exactly what kind of fracture was involved, But, if someone were beating a child with some sort of implement, probably bigger than your standard kitchen-size wooden spoon, or maybe something heavy, like a fireplace poker (just thinking about what might be handy in a house), maybe holding the child by the arm and aiming in the general direction of buttocks or legs, the femur is pretty likely to take a blow.

I would lean in the direction of what was "on purpose" would be to control, to dominate, to compel, to express rage. Broken bones are the byproduct. And inconvenient ones at that, as they draw attention, makes the adult look bad.

Is it possible for an agency in India to file a wrongful death law suit?

Any chance either set of grandparents would file one, either?

The Constitution guarantees us all the right not to incriminate ourselves. Normally a non-answer is considered contempt of court resulting in fine or imprisonment, invoking the Fifth Amendment right is the exception (also excepted would be spousal privilege, which also came up--we cannot be compelled to give testimony against a spouse). We are also guaranteed, based on the Miranda decision, the right to legal representation. And yes, that includes conferring with the attorney on each and every question or flashing the hand signal across the room.

I understand the frustration given that we all have some pretty strong opinions about the guilt of these particular persons. Recall that this isn't even a criminal trial on the charges they will ultimately face. This was just a hearing to decide one thing, which is whether or not these two are entitled to "services" from CPS. When CPS breaks up a family, they are entitled to supportive services to put the family back together and make for a livable situation. This is so low-income families don't lose their kids owing to conditions of poverty and have not chance to regain them. CPS, however, does not have to go down that route in certain circumstances--essentially where there is no hope of fixing the family or where it would be dangerous to even make the attempt. So--this is a step that CPS has to take. Again--difficult when we want a particular outcome, but these things are in place to, as they say on TV, protect the innocent.

So, the Judge is doing exactly what she has taken an oath to do--upholding the law and the Constitution.

BTW, when it gets to the criminal trial, the accused are not required to even take the stand. That is up to them and their attorney. Always risky. Not taking the stand risks making them look guilty. And they might be the only one who was an eye witness and can attest to their innocence. But if they take the stand they have to be questioned by both sides. So even though their own attorney can given them lots of soft-ball questions, they have to face cross examination by the prosecution. And I believe that if they take the stand, they have then waived their ability to plead the fifth selectively.

That's why WM's attorney was waving his hand so hard when they asked him if he killed Sherin. He would naturally want to say "no I did not." But that then opens the door for lots of other incriminating questions.

Victims are silenced, they're murderers are protected from incrimination by vermin like this. JMO, MOO.

My initial post also mentioned brittle bone disease. The suspected systemic infection the doctor mentioned could suggest an underlying connective tissue disorder. When injury occurs with any of the conditions I mentioned, an underlying disease/disorder could cause an exaggerated response in her body.

With the multiple broken bones revealed, it seems odd that Sherin for the most part looked “okay” in so many photos taken in a public setting. If abusive trauma alone caused the injuries it seems that more than a bruised arm (and even a cast) should have been obvious to others. And what a spirit this little girl had for all of her smiling...
So you believe that "abusive trauma alone" did not cause her injuries?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member