Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my 43 year old son last week. I lost my mom in 2015. She’s been heavily on my mind. I need her desperately right now. I hope she’s Sherin’s angel.

i a so Sorry for you unimaginable loss and yet you are still here making you contribution to help others. You are a strong and wonderful person. My hugs, best wishes and love is sent your way. God bless

I am afraid you may be correct. Many people in society tend to always place blame on the father/male much more than they ever do with the mother... even when both defendants were involved in the abuse or death.

But as for me, I will only accept if its proven to be true. Just because Sini is a female/mom means nothing to me except make me cringe. Holding the title of mom never means she isn't just as guilty of doing abuse, neglect and other crimes against her child or even being a demanding control freak when it comes to her husband. She has already admitted she knows her husband will do anything for her. So she seems confident if she had any involvement in Sherin's death Wesley will cover for her, imo.

It seems more often than not when a mom and dad are involved and equal participants in harming or killing their child/children the sweetheart deal will go most often to the female defendant. I honestly find that infuriating. Neither one deserves a plea deal.

I actually hope no plea deal is accepted by the state for either of them even if their lawyers comes to the DA wanting one. They both acted in tandem while leaving little Sharon in a dangerous situation and Sini was the one there (not Wesley) when Sherin's little arm was badly hurt..

Spousal privilege normally goes out the window when the victim is a child but it may stand in this case since they both are criminal defendants unless of course one gets a sweetheart deal.

I constantly read news articles and it seems almost everyday there will be another article about a 'mom' abusing, neglecting or killing their child/children and some are done in the harshest cruel barbaric ways.

Women can be just as controlling, abusive, and domineering in their home as any male. Women aren't the only ones who have to deal with abusive partners

A few years back I read that almost 1 million calls were made by males to 911 in one year in our nation and the perpetrators of the DV assaults were done by a past or present female partner. And this doesn't even include verbal or emotional abuse inflicted by a female partner to the male victim. I have had two close male friends in my lifetime who were horribly abused by their spouse..both emotionally and physically. They stayed married for years to the abusers because they didn't want to leave their children and thought by staying they could be there to protect their children or see to their daily needs. This was at a time that the mother was always believed in family court even if they concocted vindictive lies against the father.

IMO

I agree with your point but would like to clarify on point please. In Texas, in criminal trials spousal privilege is not availed in the death or injury of a minor child or a persons living in the same home. I posted the Texas penal code regarding that some threads ago and am too tired to find it tonight but Sini and Wesley will not be eligible to apply it. Otherwise as usual we agree. Great post thanks

I lost my 43 year old son last week. I lost my mom in 2015. She’s been heavily on my mind. I need her desperately right now. I hope she’s Sherin’s angel.

Philigumbo, please accept my most sincere condolences. I am so very sorry. We are all surrounding you with love and support, no matter where we are.

Oh no! So sorry you lost both your son and your mom and in such a short time span. That is so tragic and... seemingly backwards. I'm sure you need her now more than ever to help you deal with the loss of your son during the holiday season. I bet mom is actually hovering close to you now wondering how she can help.

I hope that the outpouring of love and sympathy from all the people who are still in your daily life here on this physical plane can uplift you and carry you through these dark days.

[emoji92] Love and Light, Philgumbo.[emoji92]

I agree with your point but would like to clarify on point please. In Texas, in criminal trials spousal privilege is not availed in the death or injury of a minor child or a persons living in the same home. I posted the Texas penal code regarding that some threads ago and am too tired to find it tonight but Sini and Wesley will not be eligible to apply it. Otherwise as usual we agree. Great post thanks

Thank you for the information.

The only reason I thought it may apply in this case is they are both criminal defendants and have a constitutional right not to incriminate themselves.

JMO

I am so sorry for your losses. Hugs and peace to you.

Oh my gosh, I'm so stunned and saddened to read of your tragic loss of your son! It must feel as if you've been shattered to pieces.

So sorry too that you don't have your mom just when you need her the most. This is heartbreaking in every way.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say that though we're all only acquainted through WS, we hurt for you and care deeply!

Please feel free to message any of us if we can help in any way, or to voice your sadness.

You have many friends here, and we would all welcome you with open arms!

So very, very sorry for your loss of your dear son...

OMG I'm so horribly sorry. May God in his infinite wisdom surround you with love and comfort.

Oh Philly,
I don't know you. I wish there were magic words I could say. I can only pray that you feel God's arms around you and just let Him carry you in those arms. Call out to Him anytime and reach out to others. Bless you my dear.

i a so Sorry for you unimaginable loss and yet you are still here making you contribution to help others. You are a strong and wonderful person. My hugs, best wishes and love is sent your way. God bless

Thank you, and thank you all. I come here because it’s my “normal” and I need my normal. Keeps me from sinking into myself and despair.

Thank you, and thank you all. I come here because it’s my “normal” and I need my normal. Keeps me from sinking into myself and despair.

I totally understand that coming here to WS is your "normal". My gosh, if it weren't for WS, I'd have to actually go out and get a life. If I could only keep this day job (I'm a Registered Nurse) from cutting into my sleuthing time.

I totally understand that coming here to WS is your "normal". My gosh, if it weren't for WS, I'd have to actually go out and get a life. If I could only keep this day job (I'm a Registered Nurse) from cutting into my sleuthing time.

Me, too. I’m an RN, too. Co-workers love my WS stories.

I am afraid you may be correct. Many people in society tend to always place blame on the father/male much more than they ever do with the mother... even when both defendants were involved in the abuse or death.

But as for me, I will only accept if its proven to be true. Just because Sini is a female/mom means nothing to me except make me cringe. Holding the title of mom never means she isn't just as guilty of doing abuse, neglect and other crimes against her child or even being a demanding control freak when it comes to her husband. She has already admitted she knows her husband will do anything for her. So she seems confident if she had any involvement in Sherin's death Wesley will cover for her, imo.

It seems more often than not when a mom and dad are involved and equal participants in harming or killing their child/children the sweetheart deal will go most often to the female defendant. I honestly find that infuriating. Neither one deserves a plea deal.

I actually hope no plea deal is accepted by the state for either of them even if their lawyers comes to the DA wanting one. They both acted in tandem while leaving little Sharon in a dangerous situation and Sini was the one there (not Wesley) when Sherin's little arm was badly hurt..

Spousal privilege normally goes out the window when the victim is a child but it may stand in this case since they both are criminal defendants unless of course one gets a sweetheart deal.

I constantly read news articles and it seems almost everyday there will be another article about a 'mom' abusing, neglecting or killing their child/children and some are done in the harshest cruel barbaric ways.

Women can be just as controlling, abusive, and domineering in their home as any male. Women aren't the only ones who have to deal with abusive partners

A few years back I read that almost 1 million calls were made by males to 911 in one year in our nation and the perpetrators of the DV assaults were done by a past or present female partner. And this doesn't even include verbal or emotional abuse inflicted by a female partner to the male victim. I have had two close male friends in my lifetime who were horribly abused by their spouse..both emotionally and physically. They stayed married for years to the abusers because they didn't want to leave their children and thought by staying they could be there to protect their children or see to their daily needs. This was at a time that the mother was always believed in family court even if they concocted vindictive lies against the father.

IMO

I can't say thank you enough for this post. It reflects so well how I too feel about how mothers are given lighter sentences, not held accountable for their own horrendous abuses and crimes against their own children. I too am hoping that no deal is offered.

Me, too. I’m an RN, too. Co-workers love my WS stories.

I can relate! I have a squad of WS story "consultants" here at work. I love to test my thinking on them, and they love to feel as if they are helping contribute, which they are!

I applaud your coming here to help stay "normal" in a time of great sadness and grief. Helping others is the best anecdote to grief I have found. God Bless You, and rosesfromangels to you....look for them!

I am so sorry for your losses. You are in my prayers.

It makes us feel better too to hear you say that you need to be here. That this is your normal.

You're a valued member and we need you too. You're a part of our normal! We really appreciate you continuing to participate as you are able.

I've followed other cases with you and have been impressed with your insight, especially on Taylor Wright's. I remember you made some key observations there, that were missed by the rest of us.

You have a really keen mind.

Again, so very sorry for your devastating loss of your son. Hugs from all of us!

Philigumbo, I lost my son in August of last year. He was 28. This is what I do to escape my mind too. Sometimes things on here set me off and I have to take a break from a certain case. Or, at least, not comment.

If I could have one wish it would be that no parent ever goes through what we have. Sending you prayers and hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information.

The only reason I thought it may apply in this case is they are both criminal defendants and have a constitutional right not to incriminate themselves.

JMO

Not caught up so sorry if answered, but they will be able to plead the fifth if they are called to testify and could incriminate themselves. I expect at least one of them will likely be treated as a hostile witness, as they will likely be called by the prosecution, and be trying to refuse to answer as much as possible. Of course this is just my opinion, but I can't imagine the defense calling the spouse because who knows what they would say, and pleading the fifth could cause them both to look guilty to a jury -even though it's not supposed to.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member