Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/maria_nbc5/status/938163716385845248

Sini Mathews crying as she hears judge's ruling in favor of CPS regarding Mathews' biological daughter. Opens way for parental rights to be terminated. Live report at 4 @NBCDFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is the same woman who thinks she can decide to not have photos of Sherin in the house because she didn't look "perfect" in their eyes. Yep, Sini, the definition of beauty. :eek:

I chose not to follow this case after Sherin was found because (selfishly) I just could not handle it... I've just read over the last days' worth of posts and am in tears, reminding myself why I chose to stay away. I just wanted to say how strong and important you all are for keeping Sherin's name at the top of the WS case list, sharing her story, crusading for her, discussing all the different waves this has made... It is not for me to thank you, but I do. I thank you all for doing the work and sharing your time and energy for this beautiful little girl's life story... it's work that some of us just can't help with sometimes. There were people who cared about Sherin, and it is wonderful to be reminded of that here.

Be good to each other.
This! This is what keeps me here! The Mathews thought they could throw her away like garbage , and it would quietly be forgotten. We and people like us are their tiny voices , the most innocent and least powerful. WE DON'T FORGET! We make sure they are not forgotten.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I doubt they ever need a break from their bio daughter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
NO, they took her with them! That right there says it all!

And this is the same woman who thinks she can decide to not have photos of Sherin in the house because she didn't look "perfect" in their eyes. Yep, Sini, the definition of beauty. :eek:
Ikr!!

Well let's hope these relatives don't use the same parenting playbook or god forbid we will be starting another thread!

I don't know how, who, or when CPS came to their erroneous decision that a child should be placed with relatives. IMO, this is one of the weakest links in the CPS system. Families often share the same beliefs & traits. Again, JMO, but children should always be placed in a known safe environment until such time as the entire extended family can be thoroughly investigated. Many children would be better served if they did NOT know their roots. Family blood alone does not make a child safe.

I don't know how, who, or when CPS came to their erroneous decision that a child should be placed with relatives. IMO, this is one of the weakest links in the CPS system. Families often share the same beliefs & traits. Again, JMO, but children should always be placed in a known safe environment until such time as the entire extended family can be thoroughly investigated. Many children would be better served if they did NOT know their roots. Family blood alone does not make a child safe.
Truth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agree. The court has reached the appropriate decision. But I cannot cheer for this one. A child has died and another has lost her family. And that is not something that is gotten over. The loss of parents--even really crappy parents--is a life-long wound. Best we can do. But still . . . sad.

I agree with you about the loss of her parents, even if they were crappy parents. But..........if she's in a loving environment now, she may be relived that she doesn't have to wake up to the sounds of her parents screaming at Sherin, or Sherin crying while she was being abused, or witnessing the physical abuse of Sherin when they broke her bones. She may come to feel that it's a relief to be out of that house and away from what went on there--probably on a daily basis.

My guess is she knows! She may not understand YET, but someday she will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, and that is probably why bio daughter was calm when being removed from the home. According to msm she didn't cry.

So no prelim hearings for these two yet??

TIA! :seeya:

and :gthanks: to all who did the tweets from the CPS hearing! Very much appreciated.

I'm reinserting a couple of quotes from your post since they don't carry over when responding:

Det. Farmer: Wesley asked Sherin at around 10pm if she was still awake, she said yes. He asked her: Do you want to finish your milk? Sherin said yes, so they went into kitchen until midnight, then went into garage where Sherin died. Wesley went from concerned to frustrated.

Det. Farmer: Wesley demonstrated to police how he was yelling at Sherin, appeared frustrated. when he yelled she would drink, then couldn’t drink, then forced her to drink milk while she was standing and she choked.

I don't believe version 3.0 either. Wesley had Sherin in the kitchen from 10pm until midnight then went into the garage with her? That's an awfully long time and a lot of information is missing, hopefully because LE isn't ready to show their cards.

I can't shake the dismal thought that there's something more that we haven't heard about. It seems like more and more murderers are realizing that the longer their victim's body is not found the better the odds of lost evidence and a COD of "undetermined." IYKWIM.
Yes, it's an awfully long time. I suspect this was a battle of the wills. I can't imagine spending two to three hours in the late night time struggling with a kid over milk. Any kind of issue that would go on for hours like that is bound to be abusive in nature.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, and that is probably why bio daughter was calm when being removed from the home. According to msm she didn't cry.
Even if a kid is not the one being abused in a family, I know from experience that they might be thinking subconsciously that they will be next if they step out of line.

Yes, it's an awfully long time. I suspect this was a battle of the wills. I can't imagine spending two to three hours in the late night time struggling with a kid over milk. Any kind of issue that would go on for hours like that is bound to be abusive in nature.

IMO it's ridiculous to try and get a 3yr. old to try and get her to drink milk for that amount of time. Why didn't he give her an ice cream instead and a drink of water. I personally can't stand the taste of unflavored milk and it makes your saliva go thick, and not good if you have a cold or chest congestion.

Even if a kid is not the one being abused in a family, I know from experience that they might be thinking subconsciously that they will be next if they step out of line.

Yes that could be. Didn't the CPS person come and remove the child at around 1am.? She would of been fast asleep at that hour i would think, so still groggy from being asleep and no clue what was going on?

Not necessarily IMO. Didn't they dote on their biological child, but Sherin was the little one who was mistreated?

Yes. But you can't tell me that this little girl wasn't affected by what she probably saw going on in that house? Are you saying that she wouldn't be traumatized by what happened to Sherin if she saw anything?

I'd say she would be very traumatized whether it was direct abuse or bio watching what happened to Sherin. I would imagine it would affect her feelings towards her parents greatly. Fear etc.

Yes that could be. Didn't the CPS person come and remove the child at around 1am.? She would of been fast asleep at that hour i would think, so still groggy from being asleep and no clue what was going on?

Add tiredness on top, darkness, strangers everywhere taking you from the only two people you know there, I would think she would be even more distressed.

But that's just my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree, again.

I agree with you about the loss of her parents, even if they were crappy parents. But..........if she's in a loving environment now, she may be relived that she doesn't have to wake up to the sounds of her parents screaming at Sherin, or Sherin crying while she was being abused, or witnessing the physical abuse of Sherin when they broke her bones. She may come to feel that it's a relief to be out of that house and away from what went on there--probably on a daily basis.

I'm praying this surviving child will carry the legacy of her sister...and live a powerful life that will honor both of them. Who knows what positive changes she may bring to society as a result of this imprint on her heart?

They probably did question Sherin's injuries, but they might not have been told the truth?
That is what i asked earlier, where did those adorable photos & videos of Sherin that we have seen online come from? Maybe other family members?
I might photocopy a picture of Sherin from the internet and place her alongside the photos of my deceased young adult children and light a candle for them all at christmas, so Sherin will always have a special place in my heart too.

In general, we tend to believe nurses and doctors; what they say is "gospel", so to speak. SM probably seemed quite official in her statements. I'm sure her church family were well intended and loving.

However, this brings up an important point for *all of us*. What is the correct protocol when you see suspicious treatment of a child? Unexplained bruises, hollow eyes, malnutrition. Look at the Sherin case; I'm sure Sini used the brittle bones fairy tale to explain away injuries.

I've always been one to stick my nose in when it comes to children. "You're on notice....I'm watching, and *I* will TELL". I've done this life long. My suspicions have ALWAYS been right. ALWAYS. I've pulled two little girls out of sexual abuse situations, thrown my body in the middle of some child getting beaten, and so forth. I'm no more noble or brave than the rest of you. God just put this in me, and I act on it. I'm sure many of you on this thread do the same...we are birds of a feather, and that's why we are here.

Apparently SM didn't posses this maternal, protective gene that God grants us.
It does give me comfort that my belief system tells me that Mother Mary herself greeted Sherin and for the first time....she knows a real Mother's love. How my heart breaks for this baby.

Yes. But you can't tell me that this little girl wasn't affected by what she probably saw going on in that house? Are you saying that she wouldn't be traumatized by what happened to Sherin if she saw anything?

I'd say she would be very traumatized whether it was direct abuse or bio watching what happened to Sherin. I would imagine it would affect her feelings towards her parents greatly. Fear etc.

No i'm not saying that at all. I don't know what the other child witnessed or not? And yes of course it would affect her if that was that going on in front of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper