GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tuesday, February 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on four felony counts: Capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; $1M Bond. New bail amounts have not been determined for Wesley Mathews on the capital murder charge.

*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Sini Ann Mathews (35) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on a charge of felony child abandonment or endangerment. Arrested 11/16/17, held on $250K bond; on 11/27/17 bond changed to $100K.

Tuesday, February 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on four felony counts: Capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; $1M Bond. New bail amounts have not been determined for Wesley Mathews on the capital murder charge.

*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Sini Ann Mathews (35) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on a charge of felony child abandonment or endangerment. Arrested 11/16/17, held on $250K bond; on 11/27/17 bond changed to $100K.
Thanks for the update niner your on the ball as usual. Xx

Thanks for the update niner your on the ball as usual. Xx

I try! :D

And you are quite welcome!

Anyone tweetering this hearing ?? Let me look & see if I have anyone bookmarked.

edited to add: Nope! Don't have anyone....

Thanks for the update watergirl! :wave:

:judge:

found a tweet from yesterday.

Alisha Ebrahimji
‏Verified account @AlishaEbrahimji
16h16 hours ago

UPDATE: Next court setting for Sini Mathews is set for March 7 at 9:30 a.m. Wesley did not arrive at his appearance today either. No word on when his will be set. Should be posted sometime today/tomorrow #SherinMathews

link to tweet: https://twitter.com/AlishaEbrahimji

2 days and I haven't found an update on what happened with Wesley....

Anyone?

TIA!

2 days and I haven't found an update on what happened with Wesley....

Anyone?

TIA!
There is a tweeter that I can't link here who found documents indicating that both WM and SM are scheduled for March 7 at 9:30 am CST.

#SherinMathews

There is a tweeter that I can't link here who found documents indicating that both WM and SM are scheduled for March 7 at 9:30 am CST.

#SherinMathews

:tyou:

:yourock:

If you go to Maria Guerrero's (journalist covering this case) face book page and scroll down to February 20th, you'll see that Sini Wesley's pre-trial was moved to March 7th and Wesley's is April 16th. With an expectation that they might be moved "again". It didn't sound like their hearings are on the same day. That's how I am reading it. Hopefully I haven't broken any rules by mentioning the source that I found this information from......

If you go to Maria Guerrero's (journalist covering this case) face book page and scroll down to February 20th, you'll see that Sini Wesley's pre-trial was moved to March 7th and Wesley's is April 16th. With an expectation that they might be moved "again". It didn't sound like their hearings are on the same day. That's how I am reading it. Hopefully I haven't broken any rules by mentioning the source that I found this information from......

I believe that's fine, because Maria is an MSM journalist and that's her professional FB page, and you've paraphrased what she said there and not done a screenshot (which I don't think is permitted) but I don't always get the rules right myself!

And thanks for sharing that here :)

I find this proposed law so bad I can hardly believe anyone would propose it. Why an hour? Why not 20 minutes?

IMO, those laws are not going to prevent much as it's intended, but will instead likely just provide an opportunity to stack more charges on to a greater/original charge.

Do they really believe Wesley or Sini would have given a 2nd thought about leaving Sherin the night they went out to eat without her, because the law specifies that a child can't be home alone until X years old? Or that they would have felt they had to call law enforcement earlier to report their bogus story of "choking on milk" / "left by the tree out back" because by law, they have to report within X amt. of time? No, sorry.

While I appreciate someone caring enough about Sherin's case to put these types of laws into place and in her name, I definitely DO NOT believe it would have prevented her death or that she would be alive today if.... Again, I think it is likely that it will just be added charges for parents/people who are already going to be charged with a greater crime vs. actually preventing much.

Someone leaving a young child home alone is already using bad judgement not based on any laws that may or may not exist and someone who waits a very long time to report a missing child is likely doing so because of their involvement or fear of being caught doing some other illegal activity, so a law with a timespan for reporting isn't going to be a concern either.

I believe that's fine, because Maria is an MSM journalist and that's her professional FB page, and you've paraphrased what she said there and not done a screenshot (which I don't think is permitted) but I don't always get the rules right myself!

And thanks for sharing that here :)

Amonet, thank you. I appreciate you explaining this to me :) For those of you who don't know. Sini Mathews's pre-trial hearing is tomorrow morning (March 7th) scheduled at 8:30am Dallas Texas time (this is what I found in writing) I have been looking for Wesley's pretrial scheduled date too, but am unsure as to which of the two dates I've seen is accurate. So, won't say it. Anyway, I'm still here reading these posts, I just can't get this case out of my mind.....and now all the others that have followed. Makes me really sad for all these children I've been reading about :(

Amonet, thank you. I appreciate you explaining this to me :) For those of you who don't know. Sini Mathews's pre-trial hearing is tomorrow morning (March 7th) scheduled at 8:30am Dallas Texas time (this is what I found in writing) I have been looking for Wesley's pretrial scheduled date too, but am unsure as to which of the two dates I've seen is accurate. So, won't say it. Anyway, I'm still here reading these posts, I just can't get this case out of my mind.....and now all the others that have followed. Makes me really sad for all these children I've been reading about :(

Sorry folks......looks like while I was writing on this post... this pre-trail hearing was being pushed back to March 22nd.....and apparently, it might be pushed back again....I spoke too soon.....I won't do that again!!!!

Sorry folks......looks like while I was writing on this post... this pre-trail hearing was being pushed back to March 22nd.....and apparently, it might be pushed back again....I spoke too soon.....I won't do that again!!!!
No worries! Thanks for staying on top of it and keeping us updated. [emoji4]

AvidListener said:

Thanks AvidListener! I will change my notes. Can you give me a link to Maria's FB page? I know it's been posted before, but I didn't bookmark it....

and

:welcome6: to WS and this thread!

:greetings:

I found Sini's court stuff and it says:

SET FOR DATE 030718 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ______________________
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _
B060
SET FOR DATE 032218 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01

It doesn't really say that today's court hearing is cancelled. Just assuming there will be another hearing on 3/22. No?

For Wesley for the "Abandoning Child" charge:

on the "Injurying Child" charge it shows:

SET FOR DATE 030718 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _
B060

I guess I can go back and look for Maria's FB link....

Okay never mind on the link - found it - and I hope I can post this here - otherwise delete please! :)

Maria Guerrero

Update in Sherin Mathews case:
A discovery hearing for Sini and Wesley was going to take place tomorrow in Dallas.
However, both sets of attorneys have passed the case until March 22nd and it could very well be passed again<< this is not unusual.
These are very uneventful procedural hearings (way before a trial even possible begins) where the defense is able to obtain documents in the case in order to build their cases.

So no court hearing tomorrow for either parent in Sherin Mathews case.
15 hrs · Custom

from link: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=431255513683905&ref=content_filter

So guessing the court site hasn't updated their stuff? :dunno:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back