GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just hope with the recent report that was discovered showing all the fractures, it gives an idea of what poor sherin went through. We also don't know yet if her post mortem showed and fractures just prior to her death. I really hope there is enough evidence to pin the guilty party/parties.

I also was thinking that MAYBE they found a large qty of her blood on Sherin's clothing that they found in the trash. Maybe it was large enough to indicate violence on a child that size. Just wondering.... I wish we could be told, but I have a feeling they don't want to further prejudice a jury maybe.

That's just triggered a thought about all the big wooden spoons and other items that were taken from the house. That may suggest they found blood if they were searching for a weapon.

O/T I looked up the term and this article explained why the coroner chose the term for this 22 y/o victim:

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_afd53cb4-2774-11e7-a908-c7381b438185.html

It sort of made sense to me after finding this case. Sherin was not buried but she was definitely hidden.

That's very interesting in the case you quoted that there were no injuries found. So we might be wrong in thinking that blunt force trauma/broken bones were found at Sherin's autopsy and it could have been a choking death...there's no way to know from that wording, even though the wording seems to imply a high degree of violence it really seems to mean "homicidal actions".

You know what makes me want to puke.. And this is just an aside.. When the Doc first involved CPS - CPA failed to act because they couldnt determine who was committing the abuse.. And now here comes Mitch Nolte - my client is not implicated - and now we are in a situation where we cant determine who killed her. I hope some justice is brought for Sherin. And, I for one am perhaps a bit relieved that maybe LE hasnt released officially, because they are trying to seal their case so that SOME sort of justice, even if it means 99 years in jail on child endangerment, comes of this case.

I wouldn't think that they would give that type of information to the accused parents!! Wow

People accused of crimes are entitled (along with their counsel) to know the evidence that the prosecution will bring against them. The are entitled to present a defense and to be able to prepare in advance. They are also entitled to know if there is any evidence that might absolve them that the prosecution has in their possession but doesn't choose to present at trial.

(not a lawyer--just an expert on every episode of Law & Order ever rerun on TV)

Sini mentioned that when she awoke at 5am on Oct 7, she found a weird look on Wesley's face and then they both cried and prayed.

According to what she told LE, did she know Sherin was dead and dumped in a drain at this point or did she believe she was missing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Homicidal violence, for example: Possible fractured hyoid bone in the throat/neck? Could be evidence of strangling but without other soft tissue evidence (neck strap muscle bruising, petechiae in the eyes, etc) due to decomposition to back it up, it would only be evidence of homicidal violence.

Sini mentioned that when she awoke at 5am on Oct 7, she found a weird look on Wesley's face and then they both cried and prayed.

According to what she told LE, did she know Sherin was dead and dumped in a drain at this point or did she believe she was missing?

Neither of these two "parents" have an ounce of credibility at this point. They have had more than adequate opportunity to be honest, and have failed. In my amateur judgement, I hold them equally responsible. They should both receive the maximum punishment that the law can dispense.
Alternatively, one of them should start singing like a canary.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

Neither of these two "parents" have an ounce of credibility at this point. They have had more than adequate opportunity to be honest, and have failed. In my amateur judgement, I hold them equally responsible. They should both receive the maximum punishment that the law can dispense.
Alternatively, one of them should start singing like a canary.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ And not just in the poor child’s death...the broken bones, not following doctors orders, not providing basic safety for a toddler. Everyone in the house would know a child has a broken bone...screaming in pain.

Homicidal violence, for example: Possible fractured hyoid bone in the throat/neck? Could be evidence of strangling but without other soft tissue evidence (neck strap muscle bruising, petechiae in the eyes, etc) due to decomposition to back it up, it would only be evidence of homicidal violence.

If they had fractured hyoid bone, I think they wouldn't have said cause of death was undetermined. They would have likely said it was strangulation. I am not surprised they couldn't determine the cause of death, I predicted as much. The body was not found for a long time that led to decomposition. I don't think they have any idea as to what exactly killed her.

Is it safe to assume homicidal violence is murder and not manslaughter?

No, I don't think so. Basically homicidal violence means they believe she was killed by somebody but they don't know how exactly she was killed. So it wouldn't be safe to assume it was murder vs. manslaughter.

I wouldn't think that they would give that type of information to the accused parents!! Wow

All the information has to be given to suspects so suspects can prepare for the defense.

What came out during testimony in one in one of the custody hearings said when Sini awakened she saw WM sitting at the table with a strange look on his face. That he then said something horrible had happened. Then they cried and prayed together. I think is would be safe to infer since they “prayed and cried” and waited 3 hours to call the police she was also aware Sherin was deceased.

But again that would mean we are giving them some credibility.

JMHO

I think we all can agree that both Mathews are responsible for Sherin's death. Whether they both physically beat her, or one fatally beat her, and the other knew but failed to get help. Neither are innocent, IMO. Therefore, both are equally responsible, and should have the same done to them.. I mean, should remain behind bars forever!

If they had fractured hyoid bone, I think they wouldn't have said cause of death was undetermined. They would have likely said it was strangulation. I am not surprised they couldn't determine the cause of death, I predicted as much. The body was not found for a long time that led to decomposition. I don't think they have any idea as to what exactly killed her.
Thanks, I understand. Was just giving an example.

Well, at the very least, one of them had hurt the child in the past and the other one knew it.

I can't get past leaving a 3 year old home, alone, while the family goes out to dinner. The best case scenario is that the child is terrified and traumatized and sits in one spot crying the whole time. The other is that the child tears the whole house apart as only a 3 year old can. Wesley and Sini aren't going to come home to a destroyed house. So, tell us Wesley and Sini, exactly where did you leave her? In a closet? The pantry? The garage? Tied to a high chair?

They are lying. And they are bad liars. They are not good people and one of them WILL turn on the other to make a deal for a more lenient sentence since they are both facing a possible 99 years in prison. And they will get 99 years. Neither one has anything to lose by telling on the other, only something to gain. People don't like baby killers and they really don't like baby killers that throw the baby's body in the drain.

JMHO

Hannah Graham’s death was deemed “homicidal violence.”

This quote is from an article about another little girl whose parents killed her. It is a helpful explanation of the term: “‘Undetermined homicidal violence’ is used in cases in which the physical autopsy can't determine a cause of death, . . . yet the circumstances surrounding the case and the finding of the body and the condition of the body would indicate the manner of death is a homicide." http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9055037.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've seen this determination a few times when there was decomposition.
Bella Bond comes to mind. I'm sure others would have fit like Caylee Anthony.
Different states do it differently though and maybe some stick with undetermined even when the circumstances dictate homicide.

I am very worried this means there won't be justice for Sherin.

LE is apparently trying to keep as much information about the autopsy report under wraps until the trial, but several media outlets, including NBC 5, have filed a public information request stating that the autopsy report is a matter of public record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back