GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too feel that the verdict is bitter/sweet. IMO, there will be no complete justice until Sini gets her due.

At a minimum, the prosecution should have explored the entire Friday night incident of leaving Sherin at home (in a high chair) while the 3 went out to dinner. That is a crime.

If the prosecution wasn’t certain that Sherin was still alive at that point, then Sini would have known that (or known that she was missing), and she has some fault there.

And if it’s true that Sini was sleeping and totally oblivious to the fact that very early Saturday morning her husband had killed Sherin, then what were her thoughts about his “punished her by putting her outside” story? What mom wouldn’t have questioned that and not believed it? And if she believed her husband would have done that, what does that say about him? And what does that say about her that she’d have such a man around her kids?

Thankful for this verdict!

Is the final word for Sini that she walks away with all charges dropped? If so, that's... almost unbelievable.

Sini is guilty of something! Even if she didn’t know about the killing, she left that child in the home by herself the night before.

That said, I wonder if the prosecution thinks that Sherin was already dead that Friday evening? If not, then they have evidence to try/convict her of that at least.

It's interesting that they found vomit on some of Sherin's clothing that had been thrown away. I wonder if she suffered some kind of internal injuries from being beat earlier that day, or even the night before, and she died from those injuries. We all know why Wesley took her out of the plastic garbage bag and placed her in the culvert----to speed up the decomposition. I bet the prayerful man was praying everyday they wouldn't find her body too soon lest they be able to perform a meaningful autopsy that could prove murder.

Do they know FOR SURE that the vomit on the clothes was from Friday morning? Could it be from early Saturday morning when he was killing her?

For Sini: In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

Ahh....I believe that “dismissed without prejudice” means that the prosecution could bring charges later.

Furthermore I believe that they were enraged that Sherin balked at their demands - she hated milk, they knew it and instead of consulting the doctor about alternative nutrition they bullied her by forcing her to drink it.

This!
And I found this strange. When I child drinks too much milk, then it affects their “hunger” and they can become pickier eaters.

If she was hungry, why not give her FOOD!!!

He has no insight as to how others see him. Surrounded by enablers seems likely.

Ridiculous tales about Sherin wanting to see the wheels of the lawnmower, and him playing the piano. And as for asking the prosecutor to repeat every question.. well.

I thought the cross-examination was just perfect.
Exactly - Wesley lacks insight. I also feel like he set Sherin up for failure that night with the ridiculous milk tug of war.

IIRC the doctor (or maybe the nutritionist) suggested some alternate to milk but the parents wouldn't buy it because of the costs. More importantly there are numerous options for getting supplemental vitamin D and calories - our local Safeway devotes an aisle to protein bars and shakes. Sini and Wesley never even tried. Neither cared enough about Sherin to invest their time and money into her.

Exactly - Wesley lacks insight. I also feel like he set Sherin up for failure that night with the ridiculous milk tug of war.

IIRC the doctor (or maybe the nutritionist) suggested some alternate to milk but the parents wouldn't buy it because of the costs. More importantly there are numerous options for getting supplemental vitamin D and calories - our local Safeway devotes an aisle to protein bars and shakes. Sini and Wesley never even tried. Neither cared enough about Sherin to invest their time and money into her.

I must have missed that. Did the nutritionist recommend Pediasure? That’s a frequent recommendation for extra nutrition for kids. Much better than milk. Milk is just that, milk. It’s not a meal.

I think that her failure to thrive was because they though milk was a “meal replacement.” I want to know what were they actually feeding her. If they wanted her gain weight, then why not make her “kid foods”....little quesadillas, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.

I wish the prosecution, when they were asking him how much milk she had drank that day, had instead asked him....”you went out to dinner without her; you left her in the kitchen while you all ate dinner, so if she looked hungry, it’s because she missed having dinner.....so why not give her food when she’s hungry?”

Either Wes is dimwitted or his display on the stand was just a show.

Me too!! Once the ME testified that a child cannot die from choking on milk, a body does not immediately get cold upon death and rigor mortis does not set in immediately after death, it would be crystal clear to me that he lied about what happened and is continuing to lie. Why is that? Because he did something much worse to her to cause her death than trying to get her to drink milk.

I have always felt since there is usually truth to every lie that Sherin died earlier so that when he said he witnessed rigor mortis it was a truthful statement just didn't happen as quickly as what he said it did.

I agree. RM starts about 2-6 hours after death.

When he was on the stand, it was hard to determine when the “milk event” started. Was he saying that around midnight he asked Sherin if she was hungry? (And what did he mean by, “she looked hungry”?? That sounds like BS as well.).

I’m thinking he smothered her in the garage. Seems like he’d need to use a quick method to avoid the daughter or Sini waking up and finding him/her.

So she may have been killed shortly after midnight, and then around 3-4 am RM was setting in and he needed to dispose of the body.

I think that there sh
I think the defense attorney made it worse for his client. He kept trying to make excuses for WM--' "he made poor decision.' ...' let's be fair to him and Sherin.'

I don't think he helped WM that much.

I think the defense sealed the deal! The defense even used the words, 30 years, in closing. That essentially gave the jury permission to give a huge sentence, and it confirmed to them that even the defense knows he’s seriously guilty.

I end today feeling very different than yesterday. I felt so good about him getting the max. Today, I feel like Sini got just what she wanted. She is rid of her problem and she is free of accountability and she has freedom. How does one get away with something so horrific? It boggles my mind and makes me feel there will never be true justice for Sherin.

I must have missed that. Did the nutritionist recommend Pediasure? That’s a frequent recommendation for extra nutrition for kids. Much better than milk. Milk is just that, milk. It’s not a meal.

I think that her failure to thrive was because they though milk was a “meal replacement.” I want to know what were they actually feeding her. If they wanted her gain weight, then why not make her “kid foods”....little quesadillas, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.

I wish the prosecution, when they were asking him how much milk she had drank that day, had instead asked him....”you went out to dinner without her; you left her in the kitchen while you all ate dinner, so if she looked hungry, it’s because she missed having dinner.....so why not give her food when she’s hungry?”

It's not clear what the formula was that the doctor prescribed but it was probably Pediasure or something similar. The parents claimed they eventually bought the formula after refusing because of the cost but I've found no followup on whether they actually did do so and if so did Sherin also reject it?

My gut says it was another lie on their part - if they had a more nutritional drink which would logically require less ounces per day then why was WM giving her milk that night?
CPS also was told that Sherin's parents weren't following medical recommendations to help the girl gain weight.

"The parents refused for several weeks to obtain a specific formula for the child because it was not covered by medical insurance," the agency document reads. "They did later obtain the formula."
Why did CPS stop investigating Sherin Mathews' parents months before the 3-year-old was killed? | Child Protective Services | Dallas News

I'll say again - if they actually cared then why is there no mention of options that they and the pediatrician tried in order to give Sherin her daily vitamin D and calories?

And yes, they left her home alone the night she was killed while the family went out for dinner. Another cruelty pointing to their lack of care about her well being. Another way to show Sherin who the bosses were. If that isn't intent to harm her then I don't know what is. WM had hours to reverse what he was doing and let Sherin have something else for her hunger but he plowed ahead - freakin' bully!

I haven't watched his testimony and if the prosecution didn't bring it up with him we can only guess why not. Mission was accomplished anyway. Well, not for punishment of Sini. :mad:

I agree with your thoughts about other foods.
Wesley did say the milk had a supplement powder they added to it. He named the flavors and said they alternated them so she wouldn't get tired of a flavor.
I personally have never had a supplement added to milk that tasted good. They talked about her not liking the texture. I agree with that poor child. They could have found something else.

It was called something? Essentials SM was made to drink, not Carnation Essentials, I don't think. I read it or it was in the trial came from WM or an attorney. I doubt it was over $3 or $4 dollars a day to give her that.

I don't remember the weather the night Sherin disappeared but overnight could have been cooler than her body and that's when one of the 4 stages of post mortem #2 Algor mortis started. I'm not sure this could narrow down what WM said about cold and stiff. Rigor is pretty straight forward. The coldness part can happen within an hour after death.

What Are The 4 Postmortem Stages Of Death?

https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/p...stages-the-body-goes-through-after-death.html

The second, algor mortis, means ''coldness of death''. This is where the body starts to cool down in temperature and this stage lasts for a few hours. However, it does not start till 30 minutes to an hour after death. The third, rigor mortis, means ''stiffness of death''.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=SY...z.......0i71j0j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.cYHlzPLtnrc

I am very disappointed to see they don't intend to charge Sini. I was hopeful they would after Wesley was convicted. I think Sini is just as culpable because with her medical training she knew exactly what was going on. She was even more responsible for noticing Sherin's distress and she chose to ignore it. She should be charged. This really bothers me.

Coming home to the best news. Justice for Sherin!

I hope there is a heaven and there is some way for Sherin to see how she has impacted people. The whole community adores her. LE, the attorney's office, the jury...everyone loves her. They believe in justice for her. They value her. We all believe she is important, and a precious gift. I hope that wherever she is, whatever form she is in...there is peace and love. What an incredible joy she was. We have not thrown her away.

What a cruel world this can be. When I see her pictures, I cannot control my smile. She was so tiny and full of light. It's incomprehensible what she went through.

I agree. I hope Sherin knows what a difference she made. That not all people were like her adopters. I hope she has been able to see all of that.

At a minimum, the prosecution should have explored the entire Friday night incident of leaving Sherin at home (in a high chair) while the 3 went out to dinner. That is a crime.

If the prosecution wasn’t certain that Sherin was still alive at that point, then Sini would have known that (or known that she was missing), and she has some fault there.

And if it’s true that Sini was sleeping and totally oblivious to the fact that very early Saturday morning her husband had killed Sherin, then what were her thoughts about his “punished her by putting her outside” story? What mom wouldn’t have questioned that and not believed it? And if she believed her husband would have done that, what does that say about him? And what does that say about her that she’d have such a man around her kids?
The server who waited on them claimed Sherin was there. That's probably why the prosecution couln't move forward with charges against Sini, even though Wesley said they left her at home. All her defense attorney needed to do is call that server as a witness.

I am disappointed that this murderer did not get LWOP. I hope that he dies in prison. Am I the only person who doesn't believe this 3 a.m. milk story? This poor little girl was tortured, at the very least.

I read that this man had previously broken the little girl's arm and leg. They missed at least 20 doctor's appointments for her. There is no way that I believe that a mother is not the primary caregiver for a child this young. She either turned a blind eye to what was going on because this little girl was not her biological child, or she was also involved in the abuse and neglect.

I actually think that this man was sexually abusing this little girl. Up at 3 a.m. with her when everyone else was sleeping. Yeah, right. Hiding her body because he was afraid. Yeah, he was afraid of what evidence could have been found if she were discovered right away.

Our justice system sometimes amazes me. I just don't understand why they would not at least take this mother to trial. Let a jury decide if she was involved or not. This poor little girl had a horrible three years. She deserves some kind of justice.

I hope some of the jurors will speak out someday and tell us what they thought of Mathew and his testimony.

He tells us that he placed her in a safe place (the dirty, stinking culvert) because he wanted her to be close, as he thought she would come to life again like Lazarus. Then a few minutes later, he testifies that he crawled into the culvert with Sherin, hoping a snake would bite him so he could die and be with Sherin. But Wesley---you JUST told us you thought she would come back to life. Why would you want to die?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back