GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with everything nannymo said, but will also add that in one of the hearings for the termination of parental rights, one of the questions to Sini was (paraphrased) Did you tell the police that WM would do anything to protect you?

I think his number one concern is protecting Sini, and somehow that made him blind to what was happening between Sini and poor Sherin.

There's no way that when Sini got up that morning that WM told her Sherin was 'missing' or a loving mom would have called the police there and then. And a loving mom concerned about her missing daughter wouldn't have cared at all about the baby shower they said that she asked if she could still go to. Even if she wasn't complicit in the abuse and death but hadn't really formed a good relationship with Sherin, she should have shown far more concern for Sherin's well-being. How many of those people who went out searching cancelled things like baby showers to go searching for a stranger's child? I don't believe in parents going out searching after police are called, I believe the police will restrict them from doing that, but that doesn't mean the parents are going to go out and enjoy themselves on day 1 of a 3-yr old child being missing.

And the story of the doctor who was concerned about abuse after seeing the number of fractures that she had reason to believe were occurring after Sherin's adoption.... I can imagine an innocent parent would be scared of being wrongly accused. I can't imagine that they'd want to prioritize existing plans for the weekend rather than have CPS come out. Maybe I could excuse that in isolation if someone genuinely had booked something like a weekend trip for the family. But it wasn't in isolation. Sini then moved Sherin to a different doctor, and I think the purported reason was to find a doctor who was closer, but if that was her bio daughter, I think Sini would have driven across the country to find the best doctor for her. And again, if the doctor was wrong I could understand wanting to find another doctor, but I don't believe the doctor was wrong.

No pictures of Sherin in the home while it's covered in pictures of the bio daughter? I think a mother would usually be the one wanting pics of her children around and showing off every new picture to her friends and relatives. The pictures we have seen of Sherin, she is beautiful, there's no valid reason to not want pictures of her as well as her sister to brighten up the home. Sherin's eye is an excuse, not a reason for no photos.

I wonder if, during the hour that Wesley was gone, if something/anything Sini was doing at the home that could be used to prove she was at least awake if she was "clever enough" to not use her phone. Lights inside going on or off from neighboring video? Spikes in electrical usage? Netflix or Hulu or something streaming on the TV? Can't really think of anything else, I'm bad at this stuff......

Interesting post, I like this train of thought out of the box.

Wesley Mathews charged with Capital Murder, Abandoning a Child, Injury to a Child, and Tampering with Evidence.

Sini Mathews charged with Abandoning and Endangering a Child.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...icted-On-Capital-Murder-Charge-469002133.html
Good to see her being charged with something, even though It's to a far lesser degree than it should be.
I had to stay away from this for a while because I was getting too depressed,and infuriated. Thinking Sini would get let off the hook,altogether.

Just a feeling I’ve had after watching the adoption video. IMO Dad seemed delighted, Mom......not so much.

I had the same intuition when I saw that video. Wesley seemed happy and seemed to adore Sherin. Sini looked bored, tired, and disinterested. I saw NO warmth when she held Sherin. But, I have to say, I also didn't see much warmth when Sini was holding her bio daughter in that video earlier.

I had the same intuition when I saw that video. Wesley seemed happy and seemed to adore Sherin. Sini looked bored, tired, and disinterested. I saw NO warmth when she held Sherin. But, I have to say, I also didn't see much warmth when Sini was holding her bio daughter in that video earlier.

If it wasn't done in English, Sini might have felt naturally awkward. But other evidence does support that there wasn't a lot of warmth there.

I can't recall who, but a poster in another thread was saying about a general thing that people often have less sympathy for mothers and tend to go after mothers.

To be honest I tend to personally be the other way around. I was shocked at the hatred for Sini that was on social media. Before things started coming out, such as the things said in the hearing for termination of rights for the bio daughter, I had a much more open mind. But the abuse, and that Sini was the one taking Sherin to the doctor and the doctor's certainty that the explanations Sini gave for the fractures didn't quite fit with the doctor's expertise in how such fractures would be caused. My sense of a female touch and WM hiding something that possibly related to Sini has just gone to feeling that it seems highly likely to me that she has a lot more to do with what was going on. Lack of warmth isn't a crime. But all these other things add up to me to a pattern, it's not just a single thing, it's not just "she's got cold eyes when she appears in court" or things that I see people say and I think "hmm, I can't tell things like that and don't like to judge from things like that".

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not 'going after' Sini because she's the mother figure in the house. What I am seeing in the posts here doesn't boil down to "she's a woman and she didn't protect her child from someone else, therefore throw her in jail!" And I personally have difficulty seeing things that way, my personal tendency is to over-empathize with a woman and not to blame them just because they're female.

I am surprised at myself for seeing things this way in this case. I struggled with the same thing in Bella's case that it's very hard for me to not empathise/sympathise very strongly with the mother even in some terrible cases where the mother has done something awful. I have the same thing with the fathers in some cases where I feel they've acted out of pain and mental distress.

All I know is that something went very wrong in that home with regard to Sherin. I want the truth of it to come out, whatever it is.

If it wasn't done in English, Sini might have felt naturally awkward. But other evidence does support that there wasn't a lot of warmth there.

I can't recall who, but a poster in another thread was saying about a general thing that people often have less sympathy for mothers and tend to go after mothers.

To be honest I tend to personally be the other way around. I was shocked at the hatred for Sini that was on social media. Before things started coming out, such as the things said in the hearing for termination of rights for the bio daughter, I had a much more open mind. But the abuse, and that Sini was the one taking Sherin to the doctor and the doctor's certainty that the explanations Sini gave for the fractures didn't quite fit with the doctor's expertise in how such fractures would be caused. My sense of a female touch and WM hiding something that possibly related to Sini has just gone to feeling that it seems highly likely to me that she has a lot more to do with what was going on. Lack of warmth isn't a crime. But all these other things add up to me to a pattern, it's not just a single thing, it's not just "she's got cold eyes when she appears in court" or things that I see people say and I think "hmm, I can't tell things like that and don't like to judge from things like that".

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not 'going after' Sini because she's the mother figure in the house. What I am seeing in the posts here doesn't boil down to "she's a woman and she didn't protect her child from someone else, therefore throw her in jail!" And I personally have difficulty seeing things that way, my personal tendency is to over-empathize with a woman and not to blame them just because they're female.

I am surprised at myself for seeing things this way in this case. I struggled with the same thing in Bella's case that it's very hard for me to not empathise/sympathise very strongly with the mother even in some terrible cases where the mother has done something awful. I have the same thing with the fathers in some cases where I feel they've acted out of pain and mental distress.

All I know is that something went very wrong in that home with regard to Sherin. I want the truth of it to come out, whatever it is.

Wonderful post thank you. I would like to add that many of the comments regarding Sini's appearance may be references to the flat affect she displays which seems to possibly point towards a lack of ability to bond or react in a way most expect to see. It doesn't have anything to do with her innocence or guilt but it tends to make people mistrust her and categorize her as unfeeling. Most people with a flat affect can feel emotions they just can not display them in a way most people expect to see and can be a symptom of more mental health issues.

JMHO

Mom seems too relaxed
not convinced she played small role
until we see more

Wonderful post thank you. I would like to add that many of the comments regarding Sini's appearance may be references to the flat affect she displays which seems to possibly point towards a lack of ability to bond or react in a way most expect to see. It doesn't have anything to do with her innocence or guilt but it tends to make people mistrust her and categorize her as unfeeling. Most people with a flat affect can feel emotions they just can not display them in a way most people expect to see and can be a symptom of more mental health issues.

JMHO

We'll see if her affect stays flat when the judge announces her sentence ,after her trial.

This is a heartbreaking case, which still haunts me. I can't imagine the horrors and torment she went through in her life pre and post adoption. My heart breaks imagining the great life she could have led. I know she is in Heaven. ❤🌷

This is a heartbreaking case, which still haunts me. I can't imagine the horrors and torment she went through in her life pre and post adoption. My heart breaks imagining the great life she could have led. I know she is in Heaven. ❤��

Jiffypop2017: Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome4:

Yes, this is absolutely heartbreaking. Wayyyy too many of these happening!

On Wesley court doc for Abandoning Child it says:

VERDICT DATE 011618 BY JG DISP TRAN TC FS DISM TYP ____ VOL 000 PAGE 000_

Does that mean this charge was dismissed??

and on the charge of Injury to a Child:

VERDICT DATE 011618 BY JG DISP TRAN TC FS DISM TYP ____ VOL

I see no Murder charges filed.... :dunno: at least on the court docs.

But as on Sini's page, it says next court date Feb. 20th, but his doesn't.

Sherin Mathews 'may have been alive today' with law proposed by 2 North Texas women.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/irv...live-today-law-proposed-two-north-texas-women

I think that's a great idea! I hope Sherin's Law will become a reality.

However, I'd also like to see some additional laws: 1) that doctors who report suspected abuse also be required to report to LE independent of CPS actions; 2) that CPS and LE be required to follow up within 12 hours; 3) that CPS and LE be required to send reports to the reporting doctor so they are informed of any and all findings; and 4) when medical evidence supports the suspicion of abuse i.e. x rays, cigarette burns, etc. that CPS remove the child from the home until a final report is produced. IOW, total transparency between all investigative parties. No more "falling through the cracks."

Oh, and add; mandatory fines and/or punishment for failure on the part of any agency to fabricate reports or claim to have made a home visit when none occurred; a requirement to visually see the child and finally; establish a national database to track abusive parents who move to another state.

Enough is enough. It's time to make children the priority. :banghead:

I believe there is a pre-trial hearing on Tuesday, February 20th for both Sini and Wesley....9:00am Dallas Texas time.

I believe there is a pre-trial hearing on Tuesday, February 20th for both Sini and Wesley....9:00am Dallas Texas time.
What's the difference between a trial and a pre-trial hearing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli