GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, the rest of the family must feel Sherin was worth losing, but they won't lose the adults... sad state of affairs. Priorities in wrong order, IMO. Little Sherin needs a voice, and thus far, the state is the only one providing that for her. Shame on the adults that knew, and did nothing. Shame on those continuing to cover her abuse.

Question: I'm not sure what it means that the OCI cards to be cancelled. Does that mean they CAN'T go back or they MUST go back? TIA

From what I understand, India does not allow dual-citizenship. Because of that, they have PIO (now OCI cards) for people who are originally from India but were granted citizenship elsewhere.
The benefits of the OCI card, according to this website:
Indian Visa | India Visa Application | Faqs | Oci | General Oci Questions | What Are The Benefits Of An Oci

"The following benefits will be allowed to an OCI card holder:
  • Multiple entry, multi-purpose lifelong visa to visit India
  • Exemption from reporting to Police authorities for any length of stay in India
  • Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties."
It seems as though they will no longer receive the benefit of visiting India as often/for as long as they please without obtaining a visa, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with better knowledge can better explain.

According to this article
India to cancel OCI cards of Sherin Mathews’ foster parents, relatives in U.S.
They were looking to make the recommendation of blacklisting them, which I believe means they would not be able to gain entry for even just a short visit.

From what I understand, India does not allow dual-citizenship. Because of that, they have PIO (now OCI cards) for people who are originally from India but were granted citizenship elsewhere.
The benefits of the OCI card, according to this website:
Indian Visa | India Visa Application | Faqs | Oci | General Oci Questions | What Are The Benefits Of An Oci

"The following benefits will be allowed to an OCI card holder:
  • Multiple entry, multi-purpose lifelong visa to visit India
  • Exemption from reporting to Police authorities for any length of stay in India
  • Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties."
It seems as though they will no longer receive the benefit of visiting India as often/for as long as they please without obtaining a visa, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with better knowledge can better explain.

According to this article
India to cancel OCI cards of Sherin Mathews’ foster parents, relatives in U.S.
They were looking to make the recommendation of blacklisting them, which I believe means they would not be able to gain entry for even just a short visit.

Yes, this is a benefit for foreign passport holders of Indian origin to resettle back in India without the hassle of constant visa renewals and other restrictions.

I believe WMs parents are settled back in their home state of Kerala using this OCI card permission.

My speculation is that this is a coordinated effort by the US authorities and Indian Consulate to encourage the affected parties to cooperate with the legal process in the US. The could use the carrot of OCI card and the stick of Black List for Indian visa to get the friends and family to talk to the law enforcement in Texas. JMO

Our dear itty-bitty Sherin lived in Texas, with a vibrant Hispanic culture.

This year, I'm planning a Day of the Dead dinner, including recipes from both of my Grandmothers and both of my husband's.

Now I'm including something Indian to celebrate Sherin's brief walk with us!

Our dear itty-bitty Sherin lived in Texas, with a vibrant Hispanic culture.

This year, I'm planning a Day of the Dead dinner, including recipes from both of my Grandmothers and both of my husband's.

Now I'm including something Indian to celebrate Sherin's brief walk with us!

Laughing, that's such a heartfelt thing to do. I bet non of the family would have thought of doing this, or anything like.

I can see in my minds eye the table and dishes full of food but alas, I don't know what I'm looking at. So, come on, tell us all, after the Day of the Dead Dinner, try to send a photo or tell us what foods you had. I love food and I love to read recipes, haha sad I know.

Seriously some old day recipes would be great.

Laughing, that's such a heartfelt thing to do. I bet non of the family would have thought of doing this, or anything like.

I can see in my minds eye the table and dishes full of food but alas, I don't know what I'm looking at. So, come on, tell us all, after the Day of the Dead Dinner, try to send a photo or tell us what foods you had. I love food and I love to read recipes, haha sad I know.

Seriously some old day recipes would be great.

The menu already includes two dishes from an earlier hotel-themed event: from maternal grandmother to Mom to me comes Waldorf Salad ( with the grapes cut lengthwise to take the seeds out because Grandma lived before seedless grapes ) alongside Watergate Salad, a favorite of paternal Grandmother.

You get the idea!

ETA: do we need a thread for this? What would you prepare in honor of a person whose life ended up wrapped into a thread here? A princess-ey cake for JonBenet, perhaps?

The menu already includes two dishes from an earlier hotel-themed event: from maternal grandmother to Mom to me comes Waldorf Salad ( with the grapes cut lengthwise to take the seeds out because Grandma lived before seedless grapes ) alongside Watergate Salad, a favorite of paternal Grandmother.

You get the idea!

ETA: do we need a thread for this? What would you prepare in honor of a person whose life ended up wrapped into a thread here? A princess-ey cake for JonBenet, perhaps?

I'm feeling hungry already, I love Waldorf Salad but will have to take a look at Watergate. I only know of one Watergate and it ain't salad lol . Good luck with the event.

So, the rest of the family must feel Sherin was worth losing, but they won't lose the adults... sad state of affairs. Priorities in wrong order, IMO. Little Sherin needs a voice, and thus far, the state is the only one providing that for her. Shame on the adults that knew, and did nothing. Shame on those continuing to cover her abuse.

Sickening. Heartless.

I've seen enough instances of evil doers getting boomeranged (is there such a word??) by their own bad karma. Not that I like wishing ill on anyone.

We'll see what happens with this case.

Thursday, Oct. 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence.
Case#s Murder F-1800011/Tamp F-1800010/Abandon F-1745835 & Inj child F-1745865

8/1/18 Update: Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to Sept. 7th.

9/6/18 Update: Pretrial hearing has been set for Sept. 6th. Next hearing on 10/11.

New & added trial dates for Sini:

SET FOR DATE 120918 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE HEAR PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS PRETRIAL______________
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _
B060
SET FOR DATE 010919 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS TRIAL_ANNOUNCEMENT____
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _
B060
SET FOR DATE 011419 SET FOR TIME 0800 SET TYPE TRIAL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ______________________
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01
link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Still wondering if the 12/9/18 hearing is going to go - as that falls on a Sunday.
dont-no-smiley.gif
Maybe someone was looking at the 2019 calendar....

Tuesday, Nov. 13th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence. 8/1/18 Update: Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to 9/6, then continued to 10/11.

10/11/18 Update: Next hearing set for 11/13.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back