GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I gotta go now, late dinner tonight! I feel so terrible about this tragedy. <big sigh > Why do something like that?? How does one live with their self after doing this? I sure wouldn't want to be him! How is what's left of this family going to live the rest of their lives? This didn't have to do this!

Mormon family, lots of kids and a 16 yo mother in residence? I wonder how weird this one will get.

Considering the youngest child was 4 , I'm beginning to think the 16 yr old mother was a misprint or mistake.
Right?

Considering the youngest child was 4 , I'm beginning to think the 16 yr old mother was a misprint or mistake.
Right?

It's very possible I just watched too much Big Love. I'll back off this angle till more details are in.

It's very possible I just watched too much Big Love. I'll back off this angle till more details are in.

I didn't even watch big love and I still thought the same thing you appear to be thinking! :help:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you went through that. :(

The worst I can say happened is that, one of the last nights I was in the house, he got very drunk (not a drinker) and was stomping around all night and scaring the crap out of me, banging on things, etc. And he was 6'4" and 240lbs. I snuck out and slept on the couch in my office. :/ I know this is so very little compared to what so many women (and some men, yes) go through, but the knowledge of "I could end up being one of the stories WS reads about" was just so awful and so sad.

Don't downplay it - what you're describing IS scary and traumatizing! The noise and the throwing the weight and size around thing. It's meant to be intimidating. And adding the drunkenness, even scarier, because inhibition and self-control are gone.

it's a terrible thing to feel so vulnerable, and at the mercy of someone out of control and likely bigger than you.

Sheriff's Sgt. Thomas Gilliland described the man as in his 30s with a beard "and cool as a cucumber." He said that when he and other officers approached, the man was "just sitting in his car looking out at us."

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/multiple-fatalities-houston-area-shooting-24497032

For some reason, this makes it even worse. I know it is just one officer's perception, but the fact that he could just sit there calmly after slaughtering those little ones is just sickening.

Marking my spot on the new and updated WS !

What a tragedy. Why can't these types just start by killing themselves first ??? My condolences and thoughts towards the surviving family members and other loved ones.

I had to go to lunch with a friend and missed the surrender. First world problems at its finest. I'm so glad he surrendered and I'm looking forward to learning more about the circumstances.

Praying for peace for his victims.

Shouldn't this thread read 6 instead of 5?

Tragic scene regardless of the number. Very sad and senseless.

OT/ They towed a bus full of people before...just ask 2 Chainz (2 Chainz and co. refused to let cops on board, so the bus was towed to a police yard while a search warrant was obtained.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/03/2-chainz-arrest-tour-bus-guns-drugs/#ixzz372SCMPTy )

I have noticed lately on live stream that a couple of our news channels are cutting the feed off during the actual take downs and are going to dead air or commercials.

[h=1]Authorities: Man kills his 4 children and 2 adults in Texas shooting[/h]
A man shot and killed his four children and the two adults who were looking after them, Texas authorities said late Wednesday.
A seventh person, a 15-year-old girl, was critically wounded and taken to a local hospital.
All of the children were either biological or adopted children of the suspect, said Sgt. Thomas Gilliland with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Officials didn't say what prompted the shootings. The man is separated from his wife, who lives out of state, authorities said.

The man, who hasn't been identified yet, is accused of killing two boys, ages 13 and 4, and two girls, ages 9 and 7. The adults who were fatally shot were a 39-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman. His relationship to the adults wasn't immediately clear.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/justice/texas-shooting/index.html

These lone nut types scare the $hit outta me. :(

Scares me too. If this guy was so distraught why didn't he kill himself? I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for him, he murdered his own children and 2 adults.:jail::jail:

Cops need to be patient. When a suspect commits suicide, whether by their own hand or by cop, I always feel like justice is lost because they are never called to publicly account for their actions via a trial/plea. They need to lay of the pressure and either take him down via tear gas or something or get him to surrender.

I don't mind when they take their own life. I get upset when they suicide by cop...so not cool!

What a miserable, effed-up excuse for a human being. Slaughtering children, no doubt, so that she 'can't have them'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back