GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shouldn't this thread read 6 instead of 5?

Tragic scene regardless of the number. Very sad and senseless.

OT/ They towed a bus full of people before...just ask 2 Chainz (2 Chainz and co. refused to let cops on board, so the bus was towed to a police yard while a search warrant was obtained.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/03/2-chainz-arrest-tour-bus-guns-drugs/#ixzz372SCMPTy )

I have noticed lately on live stream that a couple of our news channels are cutting the feed off during the actual take downs and are going to dead air or commercials.

There were only 5 dead when I started the thread.

Maybe a mod can change the title?

I had a family emergency just 5 minutes before they got him out. Just got home now. I'm very glad they got him alive.

Will catch up tomorrow.

There were only 5 dead when I started the thread.

Maybe a mod can change the title?

I had a family emergency just 5 minutes before they got him out. Just got home now. I'm very glad they got him alive.

Will catch up tomorrow.

I hope everything is ok.

A man suspected of killing four children and two adults in Spring, Texas, was not the children's father, a constable said Thursday morning.
Earlier, a Harris County sergeant said that suspect Ron Lee Haskell was the slain children's father.
Constable Ron Hickman clarified Thursday morning that authorities believe Haskell had been married to a relative of one of the home's residents.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/justice/texas-shooting/index.html

I was thinking his surname was familiar, then I remembered the sweet young girl from survivor many years ago. Colleen?

It is my understanding from my research that the Ronald Lee Haskell is the ex-husband of the sister of the adult woman, who was killed. He also murdered his ex-wife's brother in law and four of their five children. The oldest child, a 15yo girl, was shot in the head, but is in critical condition and was able to tell police who her uncle was and where he was headed to attempt to kill additional family members.

As far as I can tell, Haskell and his ex-wife do not have any children.

I created a map of pertinent locations with additional information, as well as a link to a photo of the family.
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&ll=30.040269,-95.453854&spn=0.093471,0.15707

So senseless! Praying for the brave young girl, her aunt, who has to live with what her ex did, and the rest of their family!

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Five-children-two-adults-killed-in-Houston-area-home-266567641.html

( Hating this jerk more every second )

""He came to this location yesterday afternoon – late – and came under the guise of a FedEx driver wearing a FedEx shirt,” said Constable Ron Hickman. “…came to this residence, gathered up the children that were here and awaited the arrival of the parents. Sometime later the victims were shot in this residence, and we now learned that Mr. Haskell was married to a relative of the residents of this home.”

Ok so he gathered them up to wait for their parents. During this time, were they like hey uncle Ronnie, what's happening? How are you ? and just visiting away ? Or did he come in and say "I'm killing yu all once your parents come home'' and they had to sit a few hours and know they would die ?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Five-children-two-adults-killed-in-Houston-area-home-266567641.html

( Hating this jerk more every second )

""He came to this location yesterday afternoon – late – and came under the guise of a FedEx driver wearing a FedEx shirt,” said Constable Ron Hickman. “…came to this residence, gathered up the children that were here and awaited the arrival of the parents. Sometime later the victims were shot in this residence, and we now learned that Mr. Haskell was married to a relative of the residents of this home.”

Ok so he gathered them up to wait for their parents. During this time, were they like hey uncle Ronnie, what's happening? How are you ? and just visiting away ? Or did he come in and say "I'm killing yu all once your parents come home'' and they had to sit a few hours and know they would die ?

If you read the comments under the article, you can find more info on the family.

Authorities believe the suspect was prepared to take the lives of other relatives who lived nearby.
As the gunman left, one of the victims called police and notified "us of the location that she believed that he may go from there," Hickman said.
"Grandparents were also targets of him," Harris County Sheriff's Sgt. Thomas Gilliland said. "Fortunately, they were brought out of the house before that could happen, [or] we would have had more tragedy."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/justice/texas-shooting/index.html

The surviving teen told deputies the shooter is a family member going through a messy divorce from his estranged wife. She told detectives the suspect is her ex-uncle. She told police the suspect came to the home dressed as a Fed-Ex worker and asked for her parents. When she said they weren't home, he left but came back a second time while her parents still weren't home, police said.

The survivor told police Haskell then kicked in the front door and told her not to close it, then he tied her up. The rest of the family came home later, at which point he tied up the family, face down, asking where his wife was, police said. When they said they didn't know, he then shot all of them execution-style in the back of the head.

Police say one of the bullets struck the surviving teen's skull, fracturing it. She played dead until the suspect left, then called 911, police said.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/texas-shooting-kills-6;-suspect-ron-lee-haskell-in-custody/173867/

The surviving teen told deputies the shooter is a family member going through a messy divorce from his estranged wife. She told detectives the suspect is her ex-uncle. She told police the suspect came to the home dressed as a Fed-Ex worker and asked for her parents. When she said they weren't home, he left but came back a second time while her parents still weren't home, police said.

The survivor told police Haskell then kicked in the front door and told her not to close it, then he tied her up. The rest of the family came home later, at which point he tied up the family, face down, asking where his wife was, police said. When they said they didn't know, he then shot all of them execution-style in the back of the head.

Police say one of the bullets struck the surviving teen's skull, fracturing it. She played dead until the suspect left, then called 911, police said.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/texas-shooting-kills-6;-suspect-ron-lee-haskell-in-custody/173867/

BBM. OMG, he shot them execution-style in the back of the head! What a animal and coward.

Brave, smart girl to play dead and call 911. She couldn't save her immediate family, but she saved other family members. I pray that she recovers from her shooting and receives the help she will definitely need.

Praying for this family, and praying this girl will survive the gun shot wound.. Bless her heart..

hollye said:

Contrary to earlier statements made by authorities, Haskell's adopted kids were not among the shooting victims.

There was so much wrong in the early reporting (understandable in the confusion)-not sure if he had children or not. If so, I guess they are with the wife out-of-state.

It is my understanding from my research that the Ronald Lee Haskell is the ex-husband of the sister of the adult woman, who was killed. He also murdered his ex-wife's brother in law and four of their five children. The oldest child, a 15yo girl, was shot in the head, but is in critical condition and was able to tell police who her uncle was and where he was headed to attempt to kill additional family members.

I created a map of pertinent locations with additional information, as well as a link to a photo of the family.
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&ll=30.040269,-95.453854&spn=0.093471,0.15707

So senseless! Praying for the brave young girl, her aunt, who has to live with what her ex did, and the rest of their family!

OMG! What a beautiful family!

Any condition on the survivor today ?

ETA , the poor thing. Of course, you want her to survive, of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But imagining her life and her suffering and sorrow and grief is unthinkable .
Be well , young lady. You have a special path ahead. You would not go through this
without something amazing waiting at the end of your journey!

Thank's for the updates and links everyone. Well now we can put a name to this .

Cool as a cucumber, huh. I so hope reality has sunk in for him by now.

During that time, Deputy Thomas Gilliland of the Harris County Sheriff's Office said there were "two hours of constant talking with a man armed with a pistol to his head and who had just killed six people."

Gilliland described the man as in his 30s with a beard "and cool as a cucumber." He said that when he and other officers first approached, the man was "just sitting in his car looking out at us."

One of the news articles said this Ron Lee Haskell shot the victims execution style after tying them up. So, this isn't even one of those cases where some guy goes all psycho during an argument or fight. This tied this family up and shot them in the head! And this is "uncooperative" and has hired a lawyer. I hope this unrepentant gets the death penalty for this. Then we'll see if he's still "cool as a cucumber".

I don't even know what to say about the victims, any words I could say would never be adequate. I pray much for the 15 year old. And everyone connected to this tragedy. The link I posted identifies the parents who were murdered. I don't know if we can post their names? They haven't been identified in other reports as far as I can tell, why I don't know?? But in this one, it names a couple who lived at the address, though it doesn't outright say these are the victims, but they are. If you go to their FB pages, on the wife's FB, there's a photo of the family. How effin' terrible what was done to these people. I wish this hadn't of been too cowardly to just shoot himself in the head. Better yet, I wish he had killed himself and left these folks alone!

I'm definitely going to be following this case closely!

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25983676/4-children-among-6-killed-in-houston-area-shooting

This says some WERE his children. I read earlier some may have been adopted. So here's my question... might the couple who lived in the home and were his ' in laws' have adopted some of his children to raise as their own ? Or is this some more misinformation? This is a new update, so presumably they would know which kids belong to which people by now ?
Your own kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA ""Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Thomas Gilliland describes the dead as two boys, ages 4 and 14; two girls, ages 7 and 9; a 39-year-old man; and a 33-year-old woman. He says the gunman and his wife are estranged, and she was out of state Wednesday. All the children were theirs. Two were adopted.""

The victims are identified here:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/deputies-at-least-six-killed-in-shooting-in-spring-area/26871346

"The adult victims have been identified as Stephen Stay, 39, and 33-year-old Katy Stay. Four of their five children -- two boys, ages 4 and 13, and two girls, ages 6 and 9 -- were killed. Their 15-year-old daughter was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital via Lifeflight and remains in critical condition."

Earlier reports from authorities stated the young victims were Haskell’s children. Deputy constables now say Haskell is a relative, but not the children’s father."

Court documents state Haskell left, then returned a short time later and knocked on the door again. She told him once again that her parents were not home. Once Haskell told her his name, the girl said she recognized that he was her "ex-uncle" and tried to close the door.

The teen said Haskell then kicked the door in and tied her up. When the rest of the family returned home, the girl said he tied them up as well and laid them face-down on the floor.

He asked where his estranged wife was, and when they told him they did not know, court documents state he shot them all "execution-style" in the back of the head and left the scene. The bullet only fractured the teen girl’s skull, so she played dead until he left, then called 911."

<Snip>

Video and more at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024