GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ktbs.com/story/25983676/4-children-among-6-killed-in-houston-area-shooting

This says some WERE his children. I read earlier some may have been adopted. So here's my question... might the couple who lived in the home and were his ' in laws' have adopted some of his children to raise as their own ? Or is this some more misinformation? This is a new update, so presumably they would know which kids belong to which people by now ?
Your own kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA ""Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Thomas Gilliland describes the dead as two boys, ages 4 and 14; two girls, ages 7 and 9; a 39-year-old man; and a 33-year-old woman. He says the gunman and his wife are estranged, and she was out of state Wednesday. All the children were theirs. Two were adopted.""

Schmae, the media reports that said the children were RLH's are wrong. It's been corrected in other msm reports, that none of the children shot were his. I have read that RLH does have adopted children, and at this point I'm still not sure if he and his ex have children of their own, adopted children, or if the ex has children who were adopted by RLH. But the children who were shot are the children of Stephen and Katie Lyon Stay.

Here's the FB for the two adult vivtims.

Stephen Stay:

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.stay.7

Katie Lyon Stay:

https://www.facebook.com/katielyonstay

If you go to Stephen Stay's "Friend's" list, look for a woman with initials ML. She is the ex of RLH.

There's no "Friend's" list on Katie's FB, though a few hours ago I thought there was, but maybe I was just too tired to remember correctly. <sigh>

I hope we hear more info throughout the day. I pray the 15year old survives and makes a full recovery in every way.

Thinking about the grandparents sitting by their granddaughter's hospital bed, the brave young girl who saved their lives. This is one of the most horrific cases I have seen, ranking right up there with Sandy Hook. Her condition was listed as extremely critical. Sorry I don't remember which article it was in.

Thinking about the grandparents sitting by their granddaughter's hospital bed, the brave young girl who saved their lives. This is one of the most horrific cases I have seen, ranking right up there with Sandy Hook. Her condition was listed as extremely critical. Sorry I don't remember which article it was in.

Yes, I've thought about and prayed for the grandparents too. I can't even begin to imagine the grief and anguish they are going through. I don't even know what to say.

Maybe she is their only grand child now. Geez, I wish we'd get an update on her condition. It seems promising that she was still alert after being shot, so I'm hopeful/assuming she's going to pull through.

This is just awful. It seems that he was trying (well he did) to punish his ex-wife by killing her sister and her sister's family and then trying to kill her parents. That poor, poor 15 year-old. What a nice-looking family too. Any word on where is ex is?

Haskell and his ex-wife were living together in Cache County, Utah, before their separation. She petitioned a court for an order of protection in July 2013. The judge granted the order, and Melannie Haskell filed for divorce the following month.
In October, the protective order was dismissed when the couple agreed to a mutual restraining order in the divorce and custody arrangements involving their children. The judge also said Ron Lee Haskell&#8217;s visits would be supervised by a psychologist.
&#8220;Mr. Haskell&#8217;s parent time will be supervised until such time that his physical therapist can report that the respondent is no longer a threat to the children,&#8221; the judge wrote.
advertisement

Police said a domestic dispute drove Haskell to track down his ex-wife in Texas, although she wasn&#8217;t at the home at the time of the slayings. A relative told NBC News he had been living quietly with his parents in California since his divorce.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...pect-had-protection-order-against-him-n152696

Law/case experts, texas won't let him accept a plea deal will they?!? Sorry, someone who murders children execution style doesn't deserve to breath the same air we all breath. Wish cases like this would play out monopoly style: go directly to DP, do not have a trial, do not have an appeal, just accept your consequence and save the time and money since you couldn't off yourself coward.

Sorry, this just really angers me. What a joke for a man, and human being.

Haskell and his ex-wife were living together in Cache County, Utah, before their separation. She petitioned a court for an order of protection in July 2013. The judge granted the order, and Melannie Haskell filed for divorce the following month.
In October, the protective order was dismissed when the couple agreed to a mutual restraining order in the divorce and custody arrangements involving their children. The judge also said Ron Lee Haskell’s visits would be supervised by a psychologist.
“Mr. Haskell’s parent time will be supervised until such time that his physical therapist can report that the respondent is no longer a threat to the children,” the judge wrote.
advertisement

Police said a domestic dispute drove Haskell to track down his ex-wife in Texas, although she wasn’t at the home at the time of the slayings. A relative told NBC News he had been living quietly with his parents in California since his divorce.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...pect-had-protection-order-against-him-n152696

Living quietly or quietly plotting. Jmt

ciao

How nice, he's undergoing a "mental evaluation". I wonder if he had an "unhappy childhood" or something like that.

Since this is Texas, I'm giving the system the benefit of the doubt, and trust this will be fast-tracked to the death penalty.

So, was the ex living with the sister? It sounds like they had at least one kid because he was arrested for domestic violence in the presence of a child in 2008

How nice, he's undergoing a "mental evaluation". I wonder if he had an "unhappy childhood" or something like that.

Since this is Texas, I'm giving the system the benefit of the doubt, and trust this will be fast-tracked to the death penalty.

I'm so tired of these "mental evaluations" for those who commit brutal crimes... Some people are just plain MEAN, SELFISH, ALL ABOUT THEM, BLAH BLAH BLAH..! I could go on but why? :tantrum:

This is such a horrible story and one that hits close to home. My sister knew this family and said they were a very close knit and kind family. They lived in the same neighborhood. One of the girls was in the Daisies with my niece and she used to run up to my sister with a giant smile and would give her hugs when she saw her. The 13 year old boy was autistic. My nephew and his friends would walk him to classes every day. He is devastated by this unspeakable loss. My sister said the mother was very involved with the kids and the school. We read about these horrible crimes all the time, but when it's hits close to home it's really difficult to understand, especially when children are brutally murdered! Thank God the oldest daughter had the wherewithal to "play dead" and prevent the murders of her grandparents. I pray she recovers and am sad that she has lost her entire nuclear family. I can't imagine what Katie's sister is going through and wonder where she was. Prayers for all of them and those who knew the family.

Law/case experts, texas won't let him accept a plea deal will they?!? Sorry, someone who murders children execution style doesn't deserve to breath the same air we all breath. Wish cases like this would play out monopoly style: go directly to DP, do not have a trial, do not have an appeal, just accept your consequence and save the time and money since you couldn't off yourself coward.

Sorry, this just really angers me. What a joke for a man, and human being.

NO! He won't get a plea deal. Why would they plea with him? He has a live witness to the crime. The only way he would get a plea is if he had a body they did not know where was or some other kind of leverage to help himself. Don't worry. He is the reason the DP was made and although its' controversial, in this particular case, I doubt very many people will oppose his death.

NO! He won't get a plea deal. Why would they plea with him? He has a live witness to the crime. The only way he would get a plea is if he had a body they did not know where was or some other kind of leverage to help himself. Don't worry. He is the reason the DP was made and although its' controversial, in this particular case, I doubt very many people will oppose his death.

I didn't think he would, so glad to hear that is the case, and part of the reason I love being a Texan. I know a lot of people don't agree with the DP, but this case right here is why I will always support it. It breaks my heart to know that his other victim, ex wife and the grandparents will have to endure this tragedy. I hope they find the strength to flourish in their future. It's just so awful. A gangbanger that kills another gangbanger I can tolerate, a grown man tying up children and shooting them in the back of their heads is about as bad as it gets. What a sicko. I do hope he gets some time to spend with other inmates before he his put to death. I hope to god he doesn't get to plead insanity or some other bs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back