Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve found cases where kids were grabbed in front of witnesses, but not snatched from a mother’s arms.

It just speaks to his impulsiveness.

Just because his method of apprehension is unusual, doesn’t mean that his motive was any different than the countless men who have done the same.

Sexual.

No one sells kidnapping victims, and no one buys them. Not with this victimology.

I didn't say it was practical or logical. But this guy isn't a registered sex offender like everyone thought he would be. So I am just looking outside the box.

I didn't say it was practical or logical. But this guy isn't a registered sex offender like everyone thought he would be. So I am just looking outside the box.
And my point is that “looking outside the box,” is likely to get us away from what is far more probable.

Agree to disagree. It’s theoretical anyways.

Nichole Manna‏ @NicholeManna 10m10 minutes ago
Nichole Manna Retweeted Emerson Clarridge

Nichole Manna added,

D69_QpvW4AA7Ov0.jpg

Emerson Clarridge @eclarridge
Jeff King, one of two people who found the suspect’s vehicle, is here and leading a prayer.

Rare, but it does occur. Here is a link about a man who attempted to take a child from her Mother at a store. The question is, should we be terrified by these random occurrences? Are they random?
Shocking Video Shows Kidnapper Snatching Girl, 4, as Her Mother Stands Feet Away: Cops

I don't know that we should be terrified. I just think they might merit different perspectives. They might be more impulsive or irrational. Rather than the ones that plan and get away for a time.

What an absolute joy that SS was found, and can hold her momma’s hand once again. My heart aches for those hours in between, but what an outcome! Huge props to the citizens who helped police find the car, Fort Worth is a great city.

Alan Scaia on Twitter
Crowds listening to the Ft. Worth PD chief at the spot where SS was abducted. She was found safe overnight. Chief says neighbors started searching; other departments sent help. “That doesn’t happen everywhere in the United States & we’re damn proud of it.”
D6-BoVvW4AYNTYr.jpg

7:10 PM - 19 May 2019

Deanna Boyd on Twitter
Mayor Betsy Price at gathering where 8-year-old SS was kidnapped yesterday evening. Community played vital part in spreading word, leading to rescue of SS early this morning and arrest in the case.
D6-BAO0XkAEYfN2.jpg

7:08 PM - 19 May 2019

Erin Jones on Twitter
Happening now: Standing ovation given to this man, Jeff, who found #SS early this morning. @MayorBetsyPrice says his family, friends were not surprised he located her - they told her “He’s passionate about helping our children and law enforcement.” @CBSDFW
D69_4IAXYAAFIbb.jpg

7:03 PM - 19 May 2019

Deanna Boyd on Twitter
Mayor Besty Price pats the back of one of the Good Samaritan who located the suspected kidnapper's car early today at a Forest Hill motel, leading to the rescue of SS. The man led the group in a prayer during the Ryan Place Walk for SS.
D6-HVbsX4AAV7fM.jpg

7:36 PM - 19 May 2019

CBSDFW on Twitter
Police: Issues with Amber Alert for SS appear to be due to not having license plate of suspect vehicle: https://cbsloc.al/2LT2bXr

D6-IjIRXoAU24Ts.jpg

7:41 PM - 19 May 2019

Police: Issues With Amber Alert For SS Appear To Be Due To Not Having License Plate Of Suspect Vehicle
Police: Issues With Amber Alert For SS Appear To Be Due To Not Having License Plate Of Suspect Vehicle

Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald said an Amber Alert was issued for the child, but due to certain criteria not being met, citizens may not have received the alert on their phones. Many throughout social media said they never received the alert on Saturday.

The criteria in question had to do with the suspect vehicle’s description, specifically the license plate number. On Saturday, police were only able to say that the vehicle had paper tags.

“In this instance, we had a vehicle description. A semi-vague vehicle description. But not a plate,” Fitzgerald said. “So we were able to leverage what we could out of the Amber Alert system and our social media, and that’s what really helped us… social media saved the day for us.”

Mayor Betsy Price was also in attendance, and she believes there may need to be a change in the Amber Alert’s guidelines.

“The Amber [Alert] program developed years ago when there were not so many cellphones or door cameras or video surveillance, and I don’t know if they’ve updated their guidelines… they probably need to visit that again,” Price said.
Fitzgerald said it concerns the department that the Amber Alert wasn’t received by the general public.

“We will work endlessly to find out why that criteria is set the way it is…” Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald and Price said they don’t believe the issue was a glitch.

'We're damn proud of it': Fort Worth police chief praises community for finding Salem Sabatka
[...]

Fort Worth police notified the public that SS was found and Webb was in custody at 2:25 a.m. Sunday.

Two local church members found Webb’s car parked at the WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Hotel in Forest Hill, and found the two of them in a room at that hotel.

[...]

"I have two boys, and I would have wanted as many eyes looking out for my boys as possible," JK said. "Everything was really accidental — coincidental is what they would say, but if you take every single coincidence and you put it together and you said it was still coincidental after that, you'd just be denying that there's a God."

JK said he and a friend checked parks, apartments, hotels and other spots in the area until they found SS. When they found her, "we just looked at her and called the police," JK said. "It was an overjoying experience."

JK said he didn't feel like a hero, but rather, a tool used by God to find SS.

[...]

[mod note: victim's name changed to initials]

Last edited by a moderator:
'We're damn proud of it': Fort Worth police chief praises community for finding Salem Sabatka
[...]

Fort Worth police notified the public that SS was found and Webb was in custody at 2:25 a.m. Sunday.

Two local church members found Webb’s car parked at the WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Hotel in Forest Hill, and found the two of them in a room at that hotel.

[...]

"I have two boys, and I would have wanted as many eyes looking out for my boys as possible," JK said. "Everything was really accidental — coincidental is what they would say, but if you take every single coincidence and you put it together and you said it was still coincidental after that, you'd just be denying that there's a God."

JK said he and a friend checked parks, apartments, hotels and other spots in the area until they found SS. When they found her, "we just looked at her and called the police," JK said. "It was an overjoying experience."

JK said he didn't feel like a hero, but rather, a tool used by God to find SS.

[...]

[mod note: victim's name changed to initials]

It is amazing I’m so glad there are good people like JK in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the article, the victim was an adult woman who was known for prostitution.

The prosecutors had to drop the case as she wouldn't comply with their requests for more information and they could not prosecute the case.

But 'sexual assault' is 'sexual assault.' He would have been on the sex registry if convicted of the rape, no matter what the victim's occupation was. JMO

I’ve found cases where kids were grabbed in front of witnesses, but not snatched from a mother’s arms.

It just speaks to his impulsiveness.

Just because his method of apprehension is unusual, doesn’t mean that his motive was any different than the countless men who have done the same.

Sexual.

No one sells kidnapping victims, and no one buys them. Not with this victimology.

Yeah, I'm with you. There are easier ways to get drugs. This child was for him!! I feel pretty confident about that. I also think she is likely not as "unharmed" as anyone would hope. She will likely be dealing with this for the rest of her life.

Thank goodness she was with her mom. If she was a child outside by herself, this would not have been nearly as successful.

I was one of the people driving the streets block by block last night. And it was difficult because at the time, the vehicle and suspect descriptions were pretty vague. I went alone so I would record gray cars with paper tags and send them to a friend of mine who was at home, and she’d compare them to the info that was in at that time. I kept asking myself what Websleuths would do. Is there something here, like, what to do when you’re looking for a kidnapped person?

What I did was I looked up where she was taken on a map and looked at the closest places that he might have taken her. I figured he probably took her to the same area he lived in, maybe to an area that was deserted (like a construction zone, empty lot, or park) or a place where he could blend in (parking garage, hotel, apartment parking lot). I didn’t think they stayed in the area where she was abducted. I ended up searching an area bordered by I-35 to the west, 820 to the east, I-30 to the north and I-20 to the south. It was so dark and there were so many empty, abandoned spaces. I didn’t know if I should look for a car or people. But a few of us who went out last night looking have decided that we will do the same thing every time we can. This area ranks really high on the list of sex trafficking activity. And I want to feel safe walking down the street with my kids.

So, yes, if someone is aware of information and could link me or if you have feedback about how we handled it last night, I’d love to hear it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back