Found Deceased TX - Taylour Young, 25, phone found in bushes near bank, SW Houston, 9 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been specifically said he goes in to the office to work? Around here, many back-office jobs are still all or partly work-at-home.
Good point, @carbuff.
My brothers are managers in oil/gas at different companies. Their office jobs are still work from home. Their kids work at refineries and are onsite.
Los Angeles area. Might be different elsewhere.

Has it been specifically said he goes in to the office to work? Around here, many back-office jobs are still all or partly work-at-home.
Yes, mom states that he comes home for lunch, so he must work outside the home.

From ‘Everybody is shaken up’: Mother seeks answers in search for missing son Taylour Young

“Taylour has a routine, and the routine is to get up in the morning, walk my dog, work, come home on my lunch break, walk my dog, either take a nap with my dog or play video games and go back to work,” Robinson said.

25-Year-Old Houston Man Remains Missing Amid Social Media Attention

Robinson tells ABC 13 in Houston that the surveillance camera at a nearby Kroger grocer store confirmed that her son’s car was on S. Voss, but she’s not sure what he was doing in that part of town.

“I know something happened, and I just feel like he is in danger,” she said. It’s not like Taylour to not call me, my sister, or anybody in our family. Why is he in that area? Because it’s far away from his work location. There is no reason why he should be over here.”

Since Robinson went public with her family’s story, the hashtag #BringTaylourHome has been used in more than 240 posts by friends, media pages and even celebs including Cardi B.

One post indicates that Young’s loved ones organized a search party on Dec. 22. The search was broken up into two waves: one in the morning from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and the other from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Based on a diagram included in the post, they seemed to be searching a fairly concentrated area including neighborhoods around the intersection of S. Voss and San Felipe Street where he was last spotted.

Is there any way he could have gone off the road along the way back and ended up in the Buffalo Bayou? Seems if this had been a carjacking the car would have been found by now.

Is there any way he could have gone off the road along the way back and ended up in the Buffalo Bayou? Seems if this had been a carjacking the car would have been found by now.

If this had been your run of the mill carjacking, yes the car would have been found by now. However, if this was a carjacking with an associated robbery and homicide, the perpetrator(s) would do their utmost to hide or destroy the evidence. MOO

So, I realize this is kinda iffy sourcing, but by putting the car's license plate number into a free VIN check database, I found this:

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 19-09-08 Free VIN Check Reports and VIN Check - Report Summary.png

His car has a manual transmission. It's been mentioned on social media posts but that detail not reported in MSM, so I hope this is okay.

Granted, I don't know that much about the profile of the type/criminal who would do an armed robbery/carjacking...but is it fair to say that only 5% (if that) of licensed drivers know how to operate a manual stick?

It would be ridiculously, shockingly brazen for someone to carjack Taylour and force him to an ATM in broad daylight at noontime, the busiest time of the day. Not impossible. But shockingly brazen. Speculation and MOO, as always.

So, I realize this is kinda iffy sourcing, but by putting the car's license plate number into a free VIN check database, I found this:

View attachment 328693

His car has a manual transmission. It's been mentioned on social media posts but that detail not reported in MSM, so I hope this is okay.

Granted, I don't know that much about the profile of the type/criminal who would do an armed robbery/carjacking...but is it fair to say that only 5% (if that) of licensed drivers know how to operate a manual stick?

It would be ridiculously, shockingly brazen for someone to carjack Taylour and force him to an ATM in broad daylight at noontime, the busiest time of the day. Not impossible. But shockingly brazen. Speculation and MOO, as always.

My red flag is his cell phone found in the bushes at the bank.

Unless he used his cellphone to access the atm and dropped it.

Then wouldn't he just get out of the car and retrieve it? I think it's more likely he was being forced to make an ATM withdrawal and the perpetrator/carjacker forced him to throw his phone out the window into the bushes so his location couldn't be traced. JMO

Then wouldn't he just get out of the car and retrieve it? I think it's more likely he was being forced to make an ATM withdrawal and the perpetrator/carjacker forced him to throw his phone out the window into the bushes so his location couldn't be traced. JMO
Not always. When you use your cellphone at an atm it's common to put the phone on the atm while you do your transaction. I've driven off before and left it. It may have slid down and fallen into the bushes. I'm not sure where the bushes are in relation to the atm machine itself.
I've been trying to figure out where he lived. His mother states that he was on break from lunch but there's every possibility he was working from home and had taken a break to run some errands. It seems a bit odd to be wearing sweatpants at the office.

Not always. When you use your cellphone at an atm it's common to put the phone on the atm while you do your transaction. I've driven off before and left it. It may have slid down and fallen into the bushes. I'm not sure where the bushes are in relation to the atm machine itself.
I've been trying to figure out where he lived. His mother states that he was on break from lunch but there's every possibility he was working from home and had taken a break to run some errands. It seems a bit odd to be wearing sweatpants at the office.

The reports I've read said the phone was found in the bushes near the bank. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was some distance from the ATM. His mother also said that the has no idea why he was in that area. It is far from his work and she couldn't think of a reason for him to be there. More evidence of a carjacking IMO.

I am in the "Taylour was a victim of foul play" camp.... which makes me question how that day's sequence of events may have been affected by the vehicle having a manual transmission. Was the perp's main goal a robbery via forced ATM withdrawl? ...or was that a hasty "Plan B" because the perp couldn't drive a stick? Because Plan B would the far more dangerous scenario for Taylour (IMO) due to things going sideways from the jump for the perp.

I agree with the phone being in the bushes as something really being off...however, if someone was forcing TY to withdraw money from the ATM and TY was seen on the ATM footage that would most likely not draw attention bc it would have been him so why would the person then also throw or make him throw the phone out right there as that would only make that more of an area of interest and make it look like something criminal occurred. And the same goes for if someone else was withdrawing it, they would be caught on the camera which would be a red flag so why not toss the phone in a totally different area to throw off LE.

I also believe that the original article stated the phone was found in the bushes behind the bank which is why the mother thought it directly had to do with him being at that bank. I feel like if it was around the area that she could have thought he was at any of the other stores in the strip mall that shares the parking lot with the bank. This image shows the bank and the first circle on the left is the entrance while the second is the strip of bushes that would technically be considered behind the bank that separates the bank parking lot from the rest of the parking lot. If you notice in the other images, the ATM is attached to the side of the bank building and right before the teller window and there are also multiple cameras with direct views of the ATM let alone the ATM itself.

I think it is quite possible the phone could have been tossed there while cutting through the parking lot or going to a different shop there. It was reported that the Kroger surveillance picked up the image of his car and the grocery store would most likely be way too far to but the Kroger fuel center is right there and we know there would be cameras there so I think it is safe to say that is the Kroger video footage...but was it good enough to see who was in the car or just that it was his car in that area?

upload_2022-1-5_11-45-46.png

upload_2022-1-5_11-49-41.png

upload_2022-1-5_11-50-27.png

As for his residence was, TY lived in the Folio Apts and worked at Vallourec which are both off CityWest Blvd and only a few minutes away. This makes much more sense as to why his mom said he goes home at lunch, takes the dog out, might nap or play a video game etc. so they clearly just reported that weird when they said she said "he takes my dog" when the "my" should have been "his". He does have a dog and he works basically next door so you could go home and do all that on a lunch break in plenty of time to get back to work.

Now as far as either from his work or home to the Capital One off of Voss you are only looking at around 5 miles/16 minutes. The other Capital One off Westheimer is 2.7 miles/10 minutes away so the one off Voss is really not that far away or much further than the Westheimer one, just opposite directions with one being a few minutes further. IMO, I don't understand why the mother acts like she has no idea what he would be doing in that area. I have banks like that too, where one is a little closer but if I am getting food in the other direction I would stop at that one if I needed to go to the bank. I think he could have easily been doing the same thing so I am not sure why she finds it so implausible that he would have any reason to be in that area? But at the same time if his mother has no idea why he would go to the one in that area over the one closer then maybe he was going to meet someone?

IF he did go to the ATM, what did he need cash for? Most people in general, especially the younger generation use their cards or Apple Pay/Venmo/CashApp bc there is very little reason to need cash anymore. Could he have made a deposit, sure but you can also do that from your phone and most people do not have to deposit or use checks that often. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of where you would need cash and be in a different area than you are known to frequent would be for drugs. While I certainly am not suggesting I think this is what happened, I do know there are plenty of people that don't "fit the bill" of an addict or hide it very well from everyone so there is always a possibility that could be the case here and something went wrong. That is not my leading theory by any means but the carjacking isn't sitting right with me for some reason at this point.

upload_2022-1-5_12-6-0.png

upload_2022-1-5_12-25-10.png

MISSING: 25-year-old Houston man not seen after lunch break; phone found in bank bushes

To Note
(According to this article)
•he works on CityWest Blvd. in west Houston
•last seen at work around noon
•his car was captured on surveillance video around 12:10 p.m. near the Capitol One Bank at the corner of South Voss Rd. and San Felipe St., which is roughly 15 minutes east of Taylour's workplace.
•Footage of his car was captured by Kroger surveillance cameras in the area.
• LE is working to obtain more surveillance footage from nearby businesses, including the Capitol One branch.
•his phone was recovered from the bushes behind the bank

25-Year-Old Houston Man Remains Missing Amid Social Media Attention

To Note:
•Young was last seen driving his car near the Capitol One Bank on South Voss Road, in a commercial area with several grocery stores and restaurants
•his mother found his phone in the bushes near the bank’s ATM
•surveillance camera at a nearby Kroger grocer store confirmed that her son’s car was on S. Voss

'It's devastating': Family of Taylour Young desperate to find him | khou.com

To Note:
•Young was last seen at the Capital One Bank at 1629 South Voss Road in the Tanglewood area around lunchtime.
•Surveillance video from the nearby Kroger showed his 2019 silver Honda Civic passing through the drive-thru ATM.
•He was running errands during his lunch break.
•His phone was found in the bushes near the bank’s ATM
•LE is in the process of getting surveillance video from the bank

https://bnc.tv/bring-taylour-young-home-black-and-missing-houston/

T
o Note:
•Young was last spotted driving his car near Capital One Bank on South Voss Road
•His girlfriend reported him missing
•His mother found his phone in the bushes near the location he was last seen

‘Everybody is shaken up’: Mother seeks answers in search for missing son Taylour Young

To Note:
•According to LE, Young’s girlfriend reported him missing on Dec. 9
•He sent his mom a text message about 11:30. It was a picture of his dog with antlers.
•his phone was found in the bushes near a bank off Voss Road
•LE reviewed surveillance video from the bank but found no signs of foul play

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-missing-man-taylour-young-disappears-during-lunch/11341279/

To Note:
•He was driving near Capital One bank on South Voss Road
•His mother found his phone in bushes near the bank
•Surveillance video from the Kroger nearby also showed his car at the bank
•LE is going through the process of getting the bank to release its surveillance video

https://people.com/crime/taylour-young-texas-man-vanished-december-9/

T
o Note:
•last seen in Houston near Capital One Bank on South Voss Road
•his phone was found in bushes near the bank
•Young was seen on surveillance footage from Dec. 9 driving near Capital One Bank

North Houston church prays for missing 25-year-old Taylour Young's safe return

To Note:
•Young disappeared while running errands during his lunch break in the South Voss and San Felipe area.
•his phone was found in some bushes near a bank in west Houston

As for his residence was, TY lived in the Folio Apts and worked at Vallourec which are both off CityWest Blvd and only a few minutes away. This makes much more sense as to why his mom said he goes home at lunch, takes the dog out, might nap or play a video game etc. so they clearly just reported that weird when they said she said "he takes my dog" when the "my" should have been "his". He does have a dog and he works basically next door so you could go home and do all that on a lunch break in plenty of time to get back to work.

Now as far as either from his work or home to the Capital One off of Voss you are only looking at around 5 miles/16 minutes. The other Capital One off Westheimer is 2.7 miles/10 minutes away so the one off Voss is really not that far away or much further than the Westheimer one, just opposite directions with one being a few minutes further. IMO, I don't understand why the mother acts like she has no idea what he would be doing in that area. I have banks like that too, where one is a little closer but if I am getting food in the other direction I would stop at that one if I needed to go to the bank. I think he could have easily been doing the same thing so I am not sure why she finds it so implausible that he would have any reason to be in that area? But at the same time if his mother has no idea why he would go to the one in that area over the one closer then maybe he was going to meet someone?

IF he did go to the ATM, what did he need cash for? Most people in general, especially the younger generation use their cards or Apple Pay/Venmo/CashApp bc there is very little reason to need cash anymore. Could he have made a deposit, sure but you can also do that from your phone and most people do not have to deposit or use checks that often. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of where you would need cash and be in a different area than you are known to frequent would be for drugs. While I certainly am not suggesting I think this is what happened, I do know there are plenty of people that don't "fit the bill" of an addict or hide it very well from everyone so there is always a possibility that could be the case here and something went wrong. That is not my leading theory by any means but the carjacking isn't sitting right with me for some reason at this point.

View attachment 328760

View attachment 328763

I like the carjacking and forced ATM withdrawal better than him withdrawing cash for drugs. First there is the phone in the bushes. The carjacker likely made him ditch it so that their subsequent location could not be traced. Secondly if he was in a drug deal gone bad, where is he and where is his car. Violent drug crimes aren't usually covered up imo. I'm curious why the carjacking scenario is "not sitting right with" you.

I like the carjacking and forced ATM withdrawal better than him withdrawing cash for drugs. First there is the phone in the bushes. The carjacker likely made him ditch it so that their subsequent location could not be traced. Secondly if he was in a drug deal gone bad, where is he and where is his car. Violent drug crimes aren't usually covered up imo. I'm curious why the carjacking scenario is "not sitting right with" you.
I think I have to agree. Add in what @SimplyCass found, and it's quite possibly an ATM/carjacking gone sideways due to the manual transmission "surprise". I looked up the spec on the Honda Civics. It's a true classic manual-only transmission with a clutch, not one of those switchable over-ride mode auto-to-pseudo-manual type transmissions.

I think I have to agree. Add in what @SimplyCass found, and it's quite possibly an ATM/carjacking gone sideways due to the manual transmission "surprise". I looked up the spec on the Honda Civics. It's a true classic manual-only transmission with a clutch, not one of those switchable over-ride mode auto-to-pseudo-manual type transmissions.

I don't believe the manual transmission was an issue. For TY to withdraw the money from the ATM at the drive through, he would have had to be driving. CCTV at the window should be able to verify this. Also it seems to me it would be much easier to hold a gun on someone and make them do your bidding, if you are in the passenger seat and not trying to drive at the same time. MOO.

IMO... Is it possible that he DID go to the bank by his work, met the carjacker/robber there and then was forced to drive to another bank where the suspect crouched down in the back to stay off camera? Suspect then threw his phone out window and made him drive... somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back