Found Deceased TX - Taylour Young, 25, phone found in bushes near bank, SW Houston, 9 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, to add, most companies in Houston are back in the office. Many have implemented a hybrid type work schedule. I also work in Accounting/Finance and it's easy to work from home. Some people prefer the office. Some offices are back in person full time and in some cases it depends on your level in the organization.

BBM
"passing through the drive-thru ATM" to me this sounds like it didn't stop.
Good point. It would seem if he were running away we'd hear that he drained the account or took out a large sum of money. But when you mention it, "passing through" makes it sound like he didn't stop and draw out any money.

Good point. It would seem if he were running away we'd hear that he drained the account or took out a large sum of money. But when you mention it, "passing through" makes it sound like he didn't stop and draw out any money.

Unless.. this was a voluntary departure (and it would have taken some planning)
and he knew his car would be seen at the bank as well as his phone found and it would indicate to others that something is/was amiss. But why go to these lengths to lead people into believing he may have been abducted. Why not just leave?

Was there something in his life that made his disappearance (by his own design) necessary?

Thanks Steve for the kind words, I appreciate it and always look forward to your posts as well! So regarding the following two comments you made, this is what I had originally thought which seemed much more plausible until I reviewed the layout of the bank itself. Most of my banks have the layout like you were thinking which is where the first few lanes and where the teller window is are closest to the building and the outer lane is the ATM drive thru. However, I posted images showing the exact opposite which I was quite surprised by. The ATM is actually inches before the teller window and is attached to the actual bank building itself with multiple camera views including a 360 camera right before the ATM that would capture not only the activity at the ATM but would produce pretty upclose footage of the car itself. And then you also have the fact that most ATMs have a camera in them, the teller window is right there and you would have to drive past that to exit as well as another 360 view camera in front of that lane capturing the front of the car.

So after viewing that I would find it almost impossible for them not to have ample footage of exactly what happened at the ATM. The camera from right when you would pull in also would hoover over the back of the car and could quite possibly pick up if there were more than one person in the car and know that LE has reviewed this footage and said they did not notice any foul play makes me think they are correct or at least at that time there didnt seem to be any as they would have plenty of angles to go off of. I also think that someone would be terribly ballsy to basically walk up in front of the teller window with that many obvious cameras and attempt to get in at that point and demand money.

However, if the ATM was on that outer line you suspected and I originally had then I would have thought that made more sense and also would point to the phone being in the bushes on the side of the outer lane but after some further research, I find this scenario quite hard to wrap my head around of something happening at that actual bank right there in broad daylight given that particular bank's layout.

The first two photos below are from the Capital One off Voss that TY was at that show the ATM attached to the bank and the third one is of the Capital One off of Westheimer with the ATMs furthest away which is exactly what you were probably picturing as was I and if that was the layout of the one TY was at then I would agree with that theory being a lot more likely.
upload_2022-1-5_11-49-41-png.328757

upload_2022-1-5_11-50-27-png.328758

View attachment 329024

MISSING: 25-year-old Houston man not seen after lunch break; phone found in bank bushes

It seems we have been working off an outdated image of the drive through ATM(s) at the bank (Oct 2019 actually). If you watch the video in the above link and pause at a frame when the reporter is talking, you can see that they have installed new ATM machines at the drive through. It looks like one of them is in the outside lane.

Well I think bc I am trying to come up with a realistic scenario of how this carjacking would have happened I guess. If he got in his car at work and went straight there where did he get jacked? That is a nice area with cameras everywhere and during the middle of the lunch hour so I am trying to wrap my head around where someone would have come up to him and gotten in his car with no one seeing this? If it happened at his bank he would have had to pull up right before the teller window and there are visible cameras right there. That seems much riskier to me than going to an ATM that is not physically connected to a bank building with people in the window inches away and cameras all over when you could pick on in a more solo area.

I also do not think carjackers demand you go to your particular bank...they could have had him pull up to any of the banks and ATMs so why that one...they don't care if you have to pay an extra fee to use a different bank but you personally would try to avoid that if taking out money for yourself. And as far as violent drug crimes not being covered up and where is the car, I have the same thoughts regarding a carjacking. Typically they would take your car and cash and let you go or after they got the cash leave as they have what they want and it would be hard to identify him but for him and the car to still be missing is odd IMO.

I also think that he doesn't particularly seem like the most successful target if you were trying to pick out someone to carjack and make them take money out. He looks young, has an average car and with a black trunk it may suggest not enough money to fix it with the correct color (random I know but just thinking out loud) and he was wearing sweats. To me, he could come off as a college kid, a recent grad or someone that might not have a ton of cash in his bank account. Of course you cannot completely go off these things and carjackers also could see a crime of opportunity more than make strategic moves but it just doesn't seem like to me he would be an obviously good target of cash and I am not sure where the opportunity would have presented itself if we don't know where he was between work and possible incident. I am definitely not ruling it out though.

MISSING: 25-year-old Houston man not seen after lunch break; phone found in bank bushes

Sweatshirts

BBM
TY may have been more successful looking than we thought.

There is a picture and description of his car in the first link. "His car is described as a 2019 silver Honda Civic with black details, including a black trunk" The car looks in great shape and it appears the black trunk lid (not visible in the photo) is part of a custom black detailing which includes black rims. There also appears to be an EZ TAG reader attached to the windshield, another valuable item for a thief.

He is also described as wearing a "blue Billionaire Boys Club sweatshirt". I did some searching and it appears that type of sweatshirt sells for $215 (see second link). Not a cheap sweatshirt. Apparently the BBC brand is quite chic as evidenced by its description on their website: "Billionaire Boys Club, founded by Pharrell Williams and Nigo in 2003, is a globally recognized clothing, accessories and lifestyle brand, whose blend of streetwear and luxury has influenced countless pockets of fashion, music, design and culture."

MOO

The missing posters circulating only have an image of his car with the original color (with notes saying the only thing changed is the trunk color), suggesting that it was a very recent addition that cost money.

On Honda's website, the 2022 Civic Sedan Si (manual transmission) starts at $27,300 while the Civic LX starts at $22,350. So it appears that the manual transmission is now a premium luxury. And there are no sales records, so he was the first owner/bought it new.

It seems we have been working off an outdated image of the drive through ATM(s) at the bank (Oct 2019 actually). If you watch the video in the above link and pause at a frame when the reporter is talking, you can see that they have installed new ATM machines at the drive through. It looks like one of them is in the outside lane.
Ahh very good sleuthing going back to a video that has the reporter outside the bank @Steve McQueen!That was a good call bc you are correct that the Google Maps I have been going off of does not have the ATM on the outer lane that we and most people probably suspected would be where it was located. I am guessing that with COVID and having less workers at the bank possibly they added that ATM to the outer lane which definitely makes the scenarios change for me as it being right under all the cameras and attached to the back in front of the teller window made it hard for me to think something occurred right there and also made the statement of “passing ATM” seem off as you would have to go out of your way to go in that inner lane.

I also have reviewed the images of the car. The car itself seems fairly average make/model wise but after seeing the tinted window, black rims, black front grill and knowing that the trunk it now black as well I have to agree that this is a much nicer/custom version that would appear to be more flashy. I originally was assuming the black trunk was due to an accident of some sort but now see that this was an intentional cosmetic design to tie in with the rest of the custom black added.

The Billionaire Boys Club has blue sweatshirts ranging from $95-215 which is quite expensive for sweats. The Folio apt complex he and his girlfriend live in is $1.2-2k a month and based on his GFs IG account they seem to be quite social and out on the town a lot so it’s safe to say he/they were doing fairly well or at least living a lifestyle that supports that image.

While I still think it’s quite possible this could still be intentional based on the additional ATM location and the the car being a souped version that would draw more attention as opposed to a typical Honda I do think it’s equally as possible that a crime was committed here and something very bad occurred.

So let’s think…while there can be many scenarios here, with him and the car still missing which of these two seems more plausible? That this was intentional and bc this hasn’t had much media coverage no one is noticing him and/or the car as anything to be looking out for. Or that this was unintentional and someone/people disposed of him and his car in a way that neither have been found yet?

Ahh very good sleuthing going back to a video that has the reporter outside the bank @Steve McQueen!That was a good call bc you are correct that the Google Maps I have been going off of does not have the ATM on the outer lane that we and most people probably suspected would be where it was located. I am guessing that with COVID and having less workers at the bank possibly they added that ATM to the outer lane which definitely makes the scenarios change for me as it being right under all the cameras and attached to the back in front of the teller window made it hard for me to think something occurred right there and also made the statement of “passing ATM” seem off as you would have to go out of your way to go in that inner lane.

I also have reviewed the images of the car. The car itself seems fairly average make/model wise but after seeing the tinted window, black rims, black front grill and knowing that the trunk it now black as well I have to agree that this is a much nicer/custom version that would appear to be more flashy. I originally was assuming the black trunk was due to an accident of some sort but now see that this was an intentional cosmetic design to tie in with the rest of the custom black added.

The Billionaire Boys Club has blue sweatshirts ranging from $95-215 which is quite expensive for sweats. The Folio apt complex he and his girlfriend live in is $1.2-2k a month and based on his GFs IG account they seem to be quite social and out on the town a lot so it’s safe to say he/they were doing fairly well or at least living a lifestyle that supports that image.

While I still think it’s quite possible this could still be intentional based on the additional ATM location and the the car being a souped version that would draw more attention as opposed to a typical Honda I do think it’s equally as possible that a crime was committed here and something very bad occurred.

So let’s think…while there can be many scenarios here, with him and the car still missing which of these two seems more plausible? That this was intentional and bc this hasn’t had much media coverage no one is noticing him and/or the car as anything to be looking out for. Or that this was unintentional and someone/people disposed of him and his car in a way that neither have been found yet?
I wonder if there's a place in the area where cars have been routinely dumped. If he went off the road, had some kind of accident, where might that have happened? Like everyone else, I keep coming back to the phone and why it's there. If the phone wasn't there I'd be 99% sure he took off. But because the phone was found, and he never got out of the car (or at least that wasn't stated anywhere) it would seem he threw the phone out himself. That was done so he could be tracked or it was done so he couldn't be tracked. And because of his stable history, I believe he threw the phone out to leave a trace of where he was. He's smart, he would know there would be a video of him at the bank.

Mother Of Taylour Young Pleads For Help Following His Disappearance | Chicago Defender

“I don’t have the option to be weak, because my son doesn’t know me to be weak,” Robinson said. “I have my moments where I break down and cry. I have my moments when I don’t want to get out of bed, but I can’t. That’s not how my child knows me.”

Robinson started the social media hashtag #bringtaylourhome to bring more awareness to his disappearance. Cardi B reposted Taylour’s story, bringing more attention which Robinson thanked her for.

271189654_2473994792735995_3999587565035254451_n.jpg

Texas Mother Calls For National Attention After Disappearance of Son: ‘I Know Something Happened’

Cases like this I constantly look on social media to see what people are saying and some people really believe he is a "run away". What the hell.

Mother of missing Houston man searches for answers in mysterious disappearance

Jan 14
Robinson, Taylour’s mother, first learned something was amiss when her son’s live-in girlfriend knocked on her door on Dec. 9 to tell her he was not returning her texts. While Young had not responded to a call from Robinson earlier in the day, she had written it off.

According to the Houston Police Department, Young was last seen on Dec. 9 at a Capital One bank ATM at the corner of South Voss Road and San Felipe Street in West Houston. He was on his lunch break from his job in the accounting and finance department in the Westchase District. Robinson said Young's office is walking distance from his apartment. She previously told Peoplemagazine that she had no idea why her son would be in that area, which is about 15 minutes east of Young’s workplace, around lunchtime.

Surveillance video from a nearby Kroger’s supermarket showed Young’s 2019 Honda Civic driving through the ATM. But Robinson said Houston police do not suspect foul play because no one reported suspicious activity in the heavily congested area.

Capital One has not responded to requests from the police and Robinson for more information about Young’s account activity. The bank has also not released surveillance video from the ATM.

Then wouldn't he just get out of the car and retrieve it? I think it's more likely he was being forced to make an ATM withdrawal and the perpetrator/carjacker forced him to throw his phone out the window into the bushes so his location couldn't be traced. JMO
Agreed. I don’t think his phone fell off the atm or flew off of his car and landed in bushes, assuming most ATMs don’t have bushes right in front of them.

Th
I thought about a carjacking but immediately said "No..No way. It was the middle of the day" but then I think..."Desperate people will do all kinds of crazy things". So while it sounds insane it is very possible. There are a lot of cameras on buildings in that area though so I would focus on following his car via CCTV. That's a hugely popular area of Houston.
There’s been so much of that in cities around the country lately. I was in a major news website yesterday and it was a top main headline. Scary stuff.

Agreed. I don’t think his phone fell off the atm or flew off of his car and landed in bushes, assuming most ATMs don’t have bushes right in front of them.

What about if he tossed it quickly to let people know something was wrong?

So often when somebody goes missing in a car, it's because of an accident and the car is in the water or down an embankment where it can't be seen. But that doesn't explain the phone.

Have any of the articles mentioned what other errands he might have been running? Like did he stop for gas for the car? Is the dog at home?

What about if he tossed it quickly to let people know something was wrong?

So often when somebody goes missing in a car, it's because of an accident and the car is in the water or down an embankment where it can't be seen. But that doesn't explain the phone.

Have any of the articles mentioned what other errands he might have been running? Like did he stop for gas for the car? Is the dog at home?

I think it's more likely that this was a targeted abduction, and the abductor either grabbed the phone and threw it out the window or forced TY to dispose of it in order to make sure their subsequent movements weren't traced. I am afraid that TY is no longer alive and his body may never be found. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but this is just my opinion and my opinion only.

I think it's more likely that this was a targeted abduction, and the abductor either grabbed the phone and threw it out the window or forced TY to dispose of it in order to make sure their subsequent movements weren't traced. I am afraid that TY is no longer alive and his body may never be found. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but this is just my opinion and my opinion only.

I don't disagree with you, but until his body is found, I hope for something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back