TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:fftobed: maybe more info of some sort tomorrow or soon. Hope your Friday 13 was a good one and your Saturday 14th even Better :seeya:

Wow...I've been twiddling my thumbs for weeks & weeks waiting for Missy Bever forum to open up again and I guess it's been open a while...

I am still working on screen captures from the surveillance video at the church and have gotten several more eye pictures. I created a website with a few of them.

https://sites.google.com/site/d76013/

Good to see you back! :seeya:

@ 07:46

[video=youtube;9ETrO_lzweY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ETrO_lzweY[/video]

Screen Grab of the Broken Glass mentioned in N. Grace Mysteries Show. Can we trust this scene to be from Crime Scene photos or just a generic shot of broken glass?

View attachment 107749

Only :thinking:
I'm asking myself for a long time now: why are the "shards" ;) of glass in such extreme way important that they are used once more, this time to create a dramatic picture? Something broke down while a gruesome murder took place - so what?!
I think we need a basic plan of the church with all the glass tables. That one glass table which isn't seen on video (if it is only one) seems to be the exact place where MB was found. - Someone here told us there aren't any more glass tables in the hallways. I would be interested to know WHY they were removed. MB didn't get her life ended because of one or another glass table ... except maybe indirectly ... if perhaps the murderer smashed a table to lure MB into the SW corner with this creepy sound? - End of my tirade: I have no idea why the "shards" of glass seem to be several times worth mentioning or even worth picturing. :thinking: :banghead:

Slightly O/T at this time:

Could the tactical gear of SP have been buried? For example with a nice little but dead pet?

ezrah might remember this, but way back in the beginning we discussed that perhaps a church member was the perp.... but the perp on the video is acting like he didnt know that one of the doors he opened was a dutch door. Could the perp be pretending to not know his way around the church and just acting for the camera?

...RSBM... :thinking: If the Altima is connected, why did SP want to be on camera at both locations? Why was that important to SP? In the church vid, SP looks straight at us. That's confidence and boldness.
In furtherance of a potential need to claim that this was all a burglary gone bad. Just pretending what SP would say to LE: "I wanted to burglarize the gun store, but it looked impossible. So I went to the CoC instead. Then some short person interrupted me, we fought, I hit them, I ran." Plenty of trouble when someone dies during your felony burglary, but it's Life W/O Parole versus potential death penalty for a targetted hit or premeditated. JMO this SP planned his after actions and potential legal outcomes if apprehended as much as every other detail in this highly planned, ops-like murder.

I was making a point of how IMO perp miscalculated events after committing the death. Meaning one of the reasons this perp thought they could pull it off without being caught was bc they anticipated limitations of local LE and not the elite agencies that came on board. I would think the possibility of being arrested and facing the death penalty in TX might rattle their cage more than little:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you are saying, but I think SP was simply certain that the SWAT outfit would work to conceal identity.

And they were right.

In furtherance of a potential need to claim that this was all a burglary gone bad. Just pretending what SP would say to LE: "I wanted to burglarize the gun store, but it looked impossible. So I went to the CoC instead. Then some short person interrupted me, we fought, I hit them, I ran." Plenty of trouble when someone dies during your felony burglary, but it's Life W/O Parole versus potential death penalty for a targetted hit or premeditated. JMO this SP planned his after actions and potential legal outcomes if apprehended as much as every other detail in this highly planned, ops-like murder.
This is what I was trying to convey earlier but you said it so much better. Thank you!

Wow...I've been twiddling my thumbs for weeks & weeks waiting for Missy Bever forum to open up again and I guess it's been open a while...

I am still working on screen captures from the surveillance video at the church and have gotten several more eye pictures. I created a website with a few of them.

https://sites.google.com/site/d76013/

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thinking: They had a private family visitation. Closed casket funeral. It possible that they had casket open for family only. Funeral Directors can do wonders. Sadly I have seen it where you couldn't see the horror that happened. I know people that have had closed casket with nothing horrific happen just the wishes of deceased or family. I also known some that because they didn't see the loved one it didn't seem real to them. JMHO

Point taken. Unfortunately my family had 3 deaths within a few months this year. All 3 had closed casket in the beginning. None were brutally murdered or involved in vehicle accidents. The first, died from cancer, and was cremated. There was no family viewing. The second, died from complications related to health, initially only a family private viewing, and decision was made to have open casket because the last images most people had of the person were much worse than they looked in the casket. Not sure how they seem to add weight to a person, but the funeral home did. The last one, the person had requested prior to their death that the casket MUST be closed. My husband and I were the only ones that viewed privately at the funeral home.

JMO, it's a personal family matter and not really indicative of trauma to the face, or whatever.

I have heard this theory, either picking up or dropping of an accomplice at SWFA, a few times. On its face, it makes perfect sense, especially since we don't see what happens behind the building. However, why would an accomplice choose to get in or leave the car at a place that has high quality security cameras catching one's every move? Wouldn't that be risky behavior? And why would LE or SWFA withhold those images? And where would the accomplice go or come from? Surely, given the amount of rain, there would have been noticeable footprint impressions if the accomplice came from the grass/treeline.

I have so many thoughts right now, and many of those have been touched on in this thread. The SWFA video makes me highly confident that there were at least two people involved in MB's murder.

I think there are two perps. The one in the church video left that church somehow, and I don't think it was on foot. I think the Altima was the get away vehicle. In one of the last portions of the video we've seen at the gun shop, the back window is fogged. It is my opinion that defrost may have been on to keep the rest of the windows from fogging, however, in my experience, the windows don't fog as quickly if someone is just sitting in a vehicle, versus if two people are in the vehicle and talking. Again, my experience only, I can sit in a vehicle for quite awhile while trapping cats, and the windows don't fog unless someone else is with me, or I'm talking on the phone while waiting on my traps to trip.
Reports of a new suspect, video in Bevers murder dispelled by Midlothian Police

MIDLOTHIAN - Rumors and misinformation recently circulated on social media about Midlothian Police having a potential suspect in the murder of Terry "Missy" Bevers. Those rumblings are unfounded, as police are still seeking the public's help with information that could lead to an arrest and conviction in April 2016 murder.
Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said the name circulating online, Lyle Valentich, was considered a person of interest at one point. However, the tip did not materialize with Valentich becoming a suspect and was closed out "months ago."
"In general, I can say with the dozens of specific person's of interest that were called in that we ran them through a variety of filters, which included their potential connection to the victim or the church," Johnson said. "Obviously, their alibi at the time of the offense, their height, weight, background and then with most of them there were face to face interviews. So none of that really lead to him become more than just a person we had a tip on."
Johnson said the tip was provided to police in May or June. ....MORE at http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...-bevers-murder-dispelled-by-midlothian-police

White strange indeed to name a person as NOT a POI, based on the rumblings on SM?? WHAT?? Since when did the rumblings on SM become so important? Especially with a name that I haven't heard of, nor suspected to begin with. YET, the same statement wasn't made about the couple released in the SW nor about the family..... bizarre indeed.
@ 07:46

[video=youtube;9ETrO_lzweY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ETrO_lzweY[/video]

Screen Grab of the Broken Glass mentioned in N. Grace Mysteries Show. Can we trust this scene to be from Crime Scene photos or just a generic shot of broken glass?

attachment.php

Not sure about the broken glass as I don't remember seeing flooring like that anywhere in the church video. However, look at 7:40 I think it is in that video. It shows a vehicle in the parking lot that sure looks similar to that Altima, IMO!!!! AND, why is it stated she was stabbed? On the video, in the scrolling thing at the bottom of the video, it states stabbing death....

BBM

Nin, what kind of evidence may have been left behind? How would LE have known when they were on the scene that it belonged to SP? I do like your thought because it's far more encouraging than the other option. I find the (relatively little) time it took to clear the scene worrisome.

BBM again

When I have viewed the video, the flashing lights have not appeared to me as a signal. I think that the Altima driver was caught off guard and startled by the two parked cars. If you watch the video closely, you can see the front of the car dip when the driver brakes. That dip indicates that he braked fairly hard. Having said that, the Altima's behavior is still not on the up-and-up.

I am open to the flashing lights being a signal, but it wasn't my original interpretation.

A stone isn't really a shard of rock. A shard is.....:slapfight::worms: :floorlaugh:

I would come find you even if I had to look under every last sharrod of rock!

BBM

At the main crime scene, there may have been evidence resulting from a fight directly mixed up with the broken glass. Could have been anything, a piece of SP's outfit/equipment (tools), blood, fibers, hair (eyelash, body hair), skin cells, gunshot residue (?), anything attached to his outfit or shoe soles like pieces of wood and rocks, touch DNA on the victim, saliva, perspiration etc..Did one glove come loose? Prints? Anything is possible, especially, if there was a fight.

All IMO, as always

-Nin

Sure do. Doesn't matter if the lot is empty or not. In a lot of states you can get a ticket for failing to signal when leaving a parking lot. I'm sure most cops wouldn't enforce, but if you catch onewho's having a bad day..

Good for you, Cannonball, you know and obey the rules of the road. I wish more drivers were like you.

My morning musing - did MB's murder have to take place on the day that it did? What would have happened if MB's class was not moved indoors? Although MB normally unlocked the doors of CCoC to give her campers access to the bathrooms, was this typically done later in her routine? Did she normally set up her equipment and then unlock the building (hence unlocking the doors closer to the time that the first camper would have arrived.... hence, giving SP a smaller time frame in which to escape)? Did MB ever enter the building when they held class outside? Or was this a "go" on this particular day because MB would be inside CCoC at an early hour with a high level of certainty?

IIRC
First responders arrived about 5:10?

Scene released at noon

the Press Conf was around 3-3:15ish.

They had plenty time to watch and rewatch the videos. We do not know what time the JP arrived to pronounce and release to take to ME office. Depending on how many folks were there, that was right under 7 hours to process the scene. And from MSM videos seemed like they had at least half dozen technicians walking in and out. JMHO

Iirc there was no Coroner arrival to pronounce her deceased. She was pronounced by a JP who relied on the emergency personnel assessment at the scene. I thought it odd since I thought the Coroner came to the scene or they moved the body to the hospital or ME office. I'm in the Dallas area and this is a little out in the country so it may be handled differently there. Just thought it odd that she was pronounced by a JP remotely. Jmoo

One more picture to ponder.....as I watched the video again and again, I enlarged it as much as possible and was able to grab this photo. This view was taken before they park and I believe in back of the building. Try and enlarge the photo yourself to look more closely. My feeling hasn't changed, I still see a female driving the car with brown hair, as well as strands of her hair sweeping across her left shoulder, and hair tucked behind her left ear. Further, I see someone behind her in the back seat, almost leaning on the back of the driver's seat so to view where the driver is driving? Or trying to stay hidden. On another interesting note, it appears there is an object on the dashboard but not sure what it is. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Car side view -woman in front long hair dark - man in back seat - something and dash.jpg
    Car side view -woman in front long hair dark - man in back seat - something and dash.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 142
The back wheel on the driver's side....does it match the others? Maybe it's just the distortion in the video...

One more picture to ponder.....as I watched the video again and again, I enlarged it as much as possible and was able to grab this photo. This view was taken before they park and I believe in back of the building. Try and enlarge the photo yourself to look more closely. My feeling hasn't changed, I still see a female driving the car with brown hair, as well as strands of her hair sweeping across her left shoulder, and hair tucked behind her left ear. Further, I see someone behind her in the back seat, almost leaning on the back of the driver's seat so to view where the driver is driving? Or trying to stay hidden. On another interesting note, it appears there is an object on the dashboard but not sure what it is. Any thoughts?
Can you reattach thumbnails

I'm not sure why the thumbnail isn't working for you but I will reattach and let me know. Hope this works! Otherwise, maybe an admin could advise...

Attachments

• Car side view -woman in front long hair dark - man in back seat - something and dash.jpg
    Car side view -woman in front long hair dark - man in back seat - something and dash.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 79
I'm not sure why the thumbnail isn't working for you but I will reattach and let me know. Hope this works! Otherwise, maybe an admin could advise...

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members