TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The device on the dash is interesting. Anyone recognize what it is?

Moisture on the camera lens?

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Peach View Post
My morning musing - did MB's murder have to take place on the day that it did?

I have struggled with your first question. My belief has been that this was not a case of April 18 come hell or high water but rather taking advantage of the circumstances. Others believe differently. I also believe that not getting arrested had a higher valuation to SP than actually killing Missy. That is, I believe that had Missy arrived just 5 or 10 minutes later or if someone else arrived at the same time then Missy would still be alive today never knowing how close she came to being killed. And it is likely WS members might have talked about a strange burglary in Texas for a few days because it still probably would have made the news and that would be that. My question has always been if this were a case of kill Missy no matter what then why bother with anything this elaborate.

My question has always been if this were a case of kill Missy no matter what then why bother with anything this elaborate.
I also believe that not getting arrested had a higher valuation to SP than actually killing Missy.

I totally believe the date April 18th was preselected once SP learned of the bucket list fishing trip of BBs. If for no other reason than that BB would be out of town and the husband is always the first suspect to blame. Hence, LEO would spend a good deal of their time investigating him.

MB did not have a history of tardiness. Campers would not tolerate lateness from their trainer. MB was dedicated to her campers and reliant upon them. For these reasons, I feel the SP knew within 5 minutes one way or the other when MB would arrive as was her established custom.

Just got done watching more videos posted by SWFA and wow they have some serious zoom capabilities on their cameras! You can watch a customer count his $100s and then unlock his phone. I even got his phone password after a couple playbacks lol... I'll bet they were able to create much better shots of Altima driver and police know much more than we do. I hope.

I watched a few SWFA YouTube videos too and I agree with you 100%. IMO....they have clear footage of the exterior & interior of the car.

I go back and forth with my thoughts.....
On one hand, I think LE knows whos involved and they are working on the details and still talking, interviewing, re-interviewing and working the case to the full extent. They know they need to have everything absolutely perfect in order to prove it to a GJ and without reasonable doubt. They don't want to mess it up and they want justice and to prove they are capable of protecting and serving their community. On the other hand, I think they have a POI or POI's or possibly even a suspect or suspects on their list, but nothing concrete or of significance to go on and their only chance on an arrest is if someone slips up, cracks or starts talking. Again....just my opinions and thoughts.

Until there is an end to this I will continue to follow the case and pray for justice to be served.

I agree except, I put gloves on one at a time. There may have been some skin cells on the exterior of one of the gloves the SP was wearing. A snowballs chance they would be found in the church? Yes, but no way in 7 hours. Eh, maybe I watch too much NCIS, but still I don't get the impression Dr Henry Lee was called in to do forensic analysis of the scene..

That's a good point about putting on the gloves.

Another problem, though, is that on the evening after Sunday services, there would be contact DNA all over surfaces from folks attending church, kids in sunday school that day. Not much point in processing through all that on the off-chance that SP had a few cells on their gloves from putting them on.

I think that if the video showed SP touching his face, then handling a doorknob, they would have processed that.

Also - side note, I'm kinda eager to hear SteveS opinions on the mystery altima video prowling the location down the street. Please comment on what you see. Your contributions here always kinda bring me back to reality. :)

IMO the car sent back as many as he received like a coded message. Look low in the trees. SP is not in the car but at the church although I am not sure which one yall are calling SP in the church. The killer IMO is the one in bluejean jacket that has a faded imagine from a certain place.The fact that he has a spike and other weapons like a cordless drill, I think many tools where used. The drill can be seen in front waist band, spike in pouch on his leg just as he rounds the corner by dutch door if you watch click by click. IMO the decal is an Oregon Duck but older version.

Interesting, because if what you relate is accurate (and I have no reason to believe it is not), then CCoC renumbered the doors in the wake of the murder. The numbering was very different at the time of the murder and shortly thereafter, from what you say.

Then, you may have missed my post about believing, without a doubt, that the brass numbers beside the doors have not changed. The doors are numbered clockwise beginning at the West Main Entrance.

The most remarkable change noticed was the clutter in the hallways was cleared. There was only the taller glass display case, seen straight ahead upon entry. There were no tables, no chairs, no umbrella stands, no hat racks, no trash bins seen, as the hallways were completely clean as a whistle.

IMO the car sent back as many as he received like a coded message. Look low in the trees. SP is not in the car but at the church although I am not sure which one yall are calling SP in the church. The killer IMO is the one in bluejean jacket that has a faded imagine from a certain place.The fact that he has a spike and other weapons like a cordless drill, I think many tools where used. The drill can be seen in front waist band, spike in pouch on his leg just as he rounds the corner by dutch door if you watch click by click.

As in the past, you are the only one who thinks they see these things IMHO. The description aligns with nothing ever brought forth in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iirc there was no Coroner arrival to pronounce her deceased. She was pronounced by a JP who relied on the emergency personnel assessment at the scene. I thought it odd since I thought the Coroner came to the scene or they moved the body to the hospital or ME office. I'm in the Dallas area and this is a little out in the country so it may be handled differently there. Just thought it odd that she was pronounced by a JP remotely. Jmoo
Jmho, we the public do not know what time MB was pronounced. Only thing I personally know is JP pronounced her. I have not seen or rather remember seeing where JP did not go to scene.
Until I see different I will assume he did go to scene. Especially in this case where murders are rare. Jmho
Snip
At 5 a.m. on April 18, Midlothian police and EMS personnel were called to the Creekside Church of Christ, located in the 5400 block of east U.S. Highway 287. Terri "Missy" Bevers, 45, was found unresponsive and was declared dead at the scene by Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody. Bevers was a fitness instructor with Camp Gladiator, married with three children, and resided in Midlothian's extraterritorial jurisdiction or ETJ. http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20161011/investigation-continues-six-months-after-bevers-death

As in the past, you are the only one who thinks they see these things IMHO. The description aligns with nothing ever brought forth in this case.

Totally agree

Warning graphic

The clearing of that crime scene so quickly has bothered me from the very beginning. It seems to indicate a very small area impacted (low blood spatter, etc)...but SP was all over that building, as evidenced by the videotape-all of which we have not seen.

On the the point of blood spatter..surely hitting someone in the head with a hammer would cause cast off or whatever it's called. They would be able to assess exactly where the SP stood, the swing arc, height of SP. Depending on ceiling height, ceiling, walls and floor would need cleaning. Surely trace amounts of blood would transfer to SP and therefore his movement through the building to exit might well be trackable.

If an artery or vein were punctured, even more blood would have been released into the environment. With all that, we are told the crime scene was cleared within 24-48 hours (I need to check my notes for the exact time)

Was released at noon per Captain Spann at news conference that afternoon. Could see boards already over busted windows.News media at least 1 did a report at area where MB truck was parked. Jmho that meant they were done with the scene. But again that was 7 hours after first response showed up. We don't know what time Ellis County CSI arrived..

That's what happened when Justice Scalia died in Texas and was pronounced by a distant JP, which sparked a lot of conspiracy theories.

A REMINDER: Rumors and Facebook drama have no place in this discussion. Leave it at the door please. This would include discussing visitor posts on official LE or MSM Facebook pages. Just don't do it.

That's what happened when Justice Scalia died in Texas and was pronounced by a distant JP, which sparked a lot of conspiracy theories.

We do know in that case that JP did not go to the scene, here we do not know that for certain that JP did not physically go to scene. Jhmo

can anyone post a freeze frame picture of the Altima car video of screen 6:59? I swear you can see the words POLICE on the back of the jacket

Re Bill Woody the Justice of Peace jmho, I feel sure he went to the scene

William F. Woody Honored for Excellence in Crime Scene Investigation

William 'Bill' Woody presides over the justice and criminal court for Precinct 1 in Ellis County, TX

ENNIS, TX, April 2, 2014, William Woody, Justice of the Peace for Ellis County Texas Precinct 1, been recognized for showing dedication, leadership and excellence in crime scene investigation.

Mr. Woody retired from the Dallas Fire Department as a driver engineer after 30 years of service. He then became involved with crime scene investigation, serving as the constable for Ellis County. He has spent the past 12 years as a judge for the justice court and three truancy courts. His role entails managing the inquests that he is called to for unexplained deaths or deaths not under hospice care. Mr. Woody attributes his success to his workaholic tendencies.

A member of The American Legion, Mr. Woody is a Vietnam veteran and a 32nd Degree Mason. He was recently inducted into Worldwide Branding in recognition of his accomplishments. Looking toward the future, Mr. Woody plans to eventually retire and do more traveling with his wife. He also enjoys hunting and fishing in his free time.

For more information about Ellis County, TX, visit http://www.co.ellis.tx.us.

http://worldwidebrandingpr.com/pres...d-for-excellence-in-crime-scene-investigation

Was released at noon per Captain Spann at news conference that afternoon. Could see boards already over busted windows.News media at least 1 did a report at area where MB truck was parked. Jmho that meant they were done with the scene. But again that was 7 hours after first response showed up. We don't know what time Ellis County CSI arrived..
Thank you (everyone) I've updated my notes to reflect the clearing time. Initially I didn't take very detailed notes and relied on memory. I never dreamed all this time later we would still have no resolution for Missy.

I see what you are saying, but I think SP was simply certain that the SWAT outfit would work to conceal identity.

And they were right.

also to protect themselves from injuries. Looked like Missy was physically tough

Does anyone else think that maybe a church member could be the perp? In the beginning threads, i thought maybe a member was angry that fitness groups and other non religious groups were allowed to use the church facilities. Most churches have a few members that oppose anything non religious happening in their church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay