TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being snarky - but that is W A Y back. I couldn't see over the steering wheel if I did that, and I'm 5'5". BUT, I don't have long legs - It COULD happen Jane!
Maybe they have the seat waaaaay back and they have a backpack behind their back - between them and the seat back. Look at this photo. It seems that posters either see a shorter driver far forward, or a larger driver further back. (I only have confidence that I see the steering wheel and left hand on it. This photo made my eyes bloodshot and is why I was looking for that vertical car mid-frame between the front and rear side windows - I cannot find it with certainty and I know it's there.) To the posters who see the smaller driver - is it possible that what you think is the seatback is a backpack and the actual seat is further back?

Attachments

• Vehicle Z SWFA helmet head CLEAR.png
    Vehicle Z SWFA helmet head CLEAR.png
    663.7 KB · Views: 78
I think they were setting up the scenario that they were casing this place for a burglary & went across to CcOC instead. It did work, for a time. Missy's murder was first reported as the result of an interrupted robbery. At minimum, it gave SP time for cover-up.

Anyone else listen to the podcast Real Crime Profile? It's hosted by the profilers who worked on the 3 part Jon Benet Ramsey show. Every time I hear it I want them to work up a profile for this offender. That's what they call criminal creeps. Do you think MPD has a profile of SP?

Brady, Texas is in McCulloch County, due west of Killeen/Fort Hood, nowhere near Midlothian. However, there have been theories about SP flying out of the airport. It may have been too stormy to fly that night, but a private plane would be a good temporary hiding place for some soiled SP gear. SP flies out at his leisure later. LE wasn't searching private planes for anything. SP himself could have hid in a plane until the next day. Either leave Altima at or near airport or have accomplice pick up there. It is possible to hike NE of the church and get to the airport, not easy, but possible. We talked about that route a long time ago, but wouldn't the airport have security cameras, too?

Yes, the buildings of the airport have security cameras on the corners. We see from the nighttime SWFA video that the airport is well lit. If a private pilot keeps his plane under a certain altitude, then they are not required to file a flight plan. It wasn't necessary to fly if SP is local [and lives very close to the CS].

Maybe I need to try and pull up Jethro's images on computer rather than iPad to see what y'all are referencing with the letters. Trying to keep an open mind, but like I've said before, I feel like if you go looking for something, you'll find it. Also to clarify about seat being back far, I should've said it's reclined back far..not the seat itself.

If the Altima was the SV package then it would've had a bigger screen with navigation system on it. I guess too the reason I cant see it being involved is anyone I've thought could be a possible suspect doesn't have an Altima registered to them specifically or their address...nor do those on SW if I remember correctly.

Also, just like the daytime videos show from gunshop-their cameras are ridiculously good. I think rain could impair quality, but I think MPD has the plates. If NIN and others can "see" certain things, then surely any of the agencies involved can see more than that on their systems. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally can see things different on my tablet (which I still not figured out so much lol) than my laptop. * My tablet is where I saw the latex gloves that hadn't seen prior. But once I saw I went to my laptop and could see. So yes do try different devices.

I can't answer that question. But I can tell you that the numbers you say were there in mid-Aug are not the same as in Apr-May-June. And I have pictures to keep my memory accurate. So either you've made a mistake in relating what numbers are where, or things must have been changed.

May we see a photo of Door 12, please? It appears that you have placed 12 along the South hallway. You and Batbrat disputed your location for 12 because of the difference in the widths of the South and the East hallways.

Quote Originally Posted by Batbrat View Post
I am going to disagree with you on this one, but I could be wrong since you were actually there. The reason is that in the Room 12 footage (though my scale measurement of the hallway widths are only an approximation), that particular hallway is narrower than the southside hallway by at least a foot (7' estimate, see below):

Could the room instead be just across the south hallway from your mark, with the doorway opening into the east side hallway? Similar area to where you originally estimated?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12662572#post12662572

Glad to see you, Steve S. Someone upthread asked about the camera placements and I thought you had a floorplan with those details. I have one by BatBrat, but it's not the one I am thinking of.

Is it this one that SteveS posted on 06-27-2016, 09:33 AM?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...18-Apr-2016-30/page11&p=12661908#post12661908

Or this one that Batbrat helped with SteveS on 06-27-2016, 03:19 PM?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12662540#post12662540

Has anyone thought of the possibility the perp might be from the fitness thing Missy went too shortly before her murder? Was it a fitness convention that had various fitness vendors or CG training?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
I can't answer that question. But I can tell you that the numbers you say were there in mid-Aug are not the same as in Apr-May-June. And I have pictures to keep my memory accurate. So either you've made a mistake in relating what numbers are where, or things must have been changed.

May we see a photo of Door 12, please? It appears that you have placed 12 along the South hallway. You and Batbrat disputed your location for 12 because of the difference in the widths of the South and the East hallways.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12662572#post12662572

Is it this one that SteveS posted on 06-27-2016, 09:33 AM?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...18-Apr-2016-30/page11&p=12661908#post12661908

Or this one that Batbrat helped with SteveS on 06-27-2016, 03:19 PM?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12662540#post12662540

:thinking:
Quote Originally Posted by Batbrat View Post
I am going to disagree with you on this one, but I could be wrong since you were actually there. The reason is that in the Room 12 footage (though my scale measurement of the hallway widths are only an approximation), that particular hallway is narrower than the southside hallway by at least a foot (7' estimate, see below):

Could the room instead be just across the south hallway from your mark, with the doorway opening into the east side hallway? Similar area to where you originally estimated?

06-27-2016, 05:37 PM#416 SteveS
I had seen your hallway width estimates, but decided anyhow, at least in my mind, it's southside hall. (Please don't flog me, okay? ) I'm certain there's not an educational room stuck back behind the stage in the auditorium. I saw that suggested by someone upthread, but no, that's not it. It would be incredibly impractical layout and also just not how such a building would be designed. (If there is a hidden area back there, it could be some storage and the like in the recesses, but given the importance they place on baptism in CoC, my guess is that it's very likely a baptistry and changing rooms, as someone suggested.)

To be clear, I'm not basing my thinking on walking the halls and logging room numbers, as that didn't happen, but rather on the layout and the details of the pic/video images we have, and the church's general design and usage and family interests. But I won't bore you with more details of my thinking on the rooms, because it's just numbers on doors, and not of any consequence in helping solve MB's evil killing.

ETA - Afterthought. Is it possible that what's on the wall by that door is a "B" rather than a "12"? If so, then we can make it all fit (B denoting a baptistry access, not an educational room).
Last edited by SteveS; 06-27-2016 at 06:09 PM. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-30&p=12662816#post12662816

Has anyone thought of the possibility the perp might be from the fitness thing Missy went too shortly before her murder? Was it a fitness convention that had various fitness vendors or CG training?

It was just CG trainers...I think it's quarterly, can't remember frequency, but they just had one again in Austin area.

Has anyone personally gone to the church since this happened? I mean it would be weird to go and take pictures or whatever, but I feel like that'd answer a lot of ?s about room locations.

ETA: not condoning someone doing this...there just seems to be a lot of people who know layout info

I've been looking at the car pics here for days. I'm not sure exactly what can be seen as there seem to be many opinions. Lol So if the car is related to this case it seems to me that the driver did not have any qualms about being seen in that car, w that tag and that is a big clue IMO They don't drive to a darker part of the lot and wait. They drive all around the bldg. then park under a light. Would we know if that car was found abandoned somewhere?? What if they sunk it in a lake? It couldn't just evaporate into thin air. Where could the car come from to not be linked to a poi? Stolen, an evidence lot, " borrowed" without owners knowledge and returned? I don't think rental bc that seems to be how perps get caught bc of IDs, insurance, contracts etc. As tight as LE has been w info getting out I do not think they would let this video out if they cared about it being seen and knowing ppl were going to go to work on the images. If it's a msg to perp what would it be? Perp seemed to want to be seen so is LE saying "we saw you". I'm just thinking here and it's MOO. Scroll roll all that stuff.

DeDee, I was simply observing that some of the numbers you report are not the same as what I saw shortly after the murder. Yes, way back when I did some chasing for a bit, tossing various ideas and maps back and forth in discussions about which rooms were where, but sequentially I don't even know which map you pulled up or what part of the discussion that was.

In any event, long ago I bailed on the "which room is where" topic, because I felt it wandered in directions not in the best interest of CCoC, while providing no real benefit to solving this crime, and have no desire to end up in that discussion again. Thanks anyhow.

If someone has a plan in their head for whatever reason they have, nothing will stop them. If the perp was a church member and they considered their home ( church) was for worship activities only then who knows what how they would proceed. many will would just shrug it off but a minority might consider killing for their purpose. We do not know if there was congregation discussions about these businesses using the church space and some ppl might have been offended. killers come from all groups; believers or non.

By example, my church has a vestry committee elected each year. We would take the CG group's request under the advisement of the vestry members for approval which would never be granted in my happy little Episcopal Church.

I don't see SP as a member at CCoC. It is awful enough to murder someone, but to do it in the same place where one worships, on Sundays and all that, would not make for a happy SP sweating that SW corner every week.

It is not the exercise class that SP wanted to end. SP was ending MBs lifestyle. JMHO

Point taken. Unfortunately my family had 3 deaths within a few months this year. All 3 had closed casket in the beginning. None were brutally murdered or involved in vehicle accidents. The first, died from cancer, and was cremated. There was no family viewing. The second, died from complications related to health, initially only a family private viewing, and decision was made to have open casket because the last images most people had of the person were much worse than they looked in the casket. Not sure how they seem to add weight to a person, but the funeral home did. The last one, the person had requested prior to their death that the casket MUST be closed. My husband and I were the only ones that viewed privately at the funeral home.

JMO, it's a personal family matter and not really indicative of trauma to the face, or whatever.

I think there are two perps. The one in the church video left that church somehow, and I don't think it was on foot. I think the Altima was the get away vehicle. In one of the last portions of the video we've seen at the gun shop, the back window is fogged. It is my opinion that defrost may have been on to keep the rest of the windows from fogging, however, in my experience, the windows don't fog as quickly if someone is just sitting in a vehicle, versus if two people are in the vehicle and talking. Again, my experience only, I can sit in a vehicle for quite awhile while trapping cats, and the windows don't fog unless someone else is with me, or I'm talking on the phone while waiting on my traps to trip.

White strange indeed to name a person as NOT a POI, based on the rumblings on SM?? WHAT?? Since when did the rumblings on SM become so important? Especially with a name that I haven't heard of, nor suspected to begin with. YET, the same statement wasn't made about the couple released in the SW nor about the family..... bizarre indeed.

Not sure about the broken glass as I don't remember seeing flooring like that anywhere in the church video. However, look at 7:40 I think it is in that video. It shows a vehicle in the parking lot that sure looks similar to that Altima, IMO!!!! AND, why is it stated she was stabbed? On the video, in the scrolling thing at the bottom of the video, it states stabbing death....
I was wondering this exact thing. Why did they speak up about social media rumors and how did they know that's what was circulating? Why did they clear him but none of the others?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So this is OFFICIALLY my first post on WS... I had to join bc I want to see this case solved...

In response to your reply I think we can pretty much assume this Nissan is related to the crime... due to: 1) the zoomed in/enhanced pic someone provided here of the person in the car that shows the person wearing a white
balacava like the SP is wearing in the church and then the other the other zoomed in/enhanced pic someone provided here of the persons back in the car as they are leaned forward and turned and you can see some white lettering on the back of what they are wearing which I am confident says "POLICE". Decoy or not this is related to the crime. Police may have played it down but Ill put money on it this is related.

:welcome6:

I believe that your personal anecdote is something that really happened to you. I don't know how long ago, or how old the car was. But that kind of behavior in a vehicle may have been more prevalent in the past than it is now, perhaps? I am hard pressed to find much info on the Internet of people having these kinds of problems with late model vehicles. Nothing for Nissans 2010 or newer. When they do have issues with headlights and the rain, it often has to do with bulbs, connectors, and float tray in the battery. That's all I can find, though it wasn't an extensive search.

But here is something interesting. After reading your post, I decided to go back and view the video again with an open mind. I wanted to take note of the behavior of brake lights and headlights together. When the video begins, the car comes into view with its right turn signal activated and the brake lights are on as it slows to make the turn.

When the car reaches the driveway and starts to turn, at the EXACT MOMENT that the brake light goes out, the headlights go out, too. This is at the 0:05 mark. It's not like one closely follows the other; the two happen in perfect sync. Is it possible that the driver kills the lights at the exact moment he steps off the brake? Yes, but it sure is curious timing.

I'm not an electrical guru. I don't know what the effect is of puddles splashing up underneath. I don't understand the relationship between the headlights/tail-lights and the brake lights. Clearly there is not a point at which his brake lights stop working. Even with the headlights and tail-lights off, at the 0:35 mark you can see his brake lights come on.

I don't know what it all means. Something to think about. But again, and you didn't respond to these parts of my earlier posts, there are other problematic things to deal with here. The timing of two very unusual events occurring within two hours of each other in close proximity, without being related. And secondly, the fact that despite heavy publicity, the innocent person has not come forward. These things, to me, tip the scales toward the two being linked.

Exactly where I landed on. There used to be more problems with moisture and braking mechanisms (as a kid we were taught how to deal with it) but by 2010-2012 (on a mid-market car), those issues have all but been resolved. Now foggy windshields, et al can still be a challenge in the right conditions. And traction issues. But incidences of braking loss are almost extinct.

Note to whoever thought they saw cell-phone calls being made in the Altima. I think if there was a cell phone operating in the area, related to the case, we'd probably be sleuthing suspects a while ago.

Exactly where I landed on. There used to be more problems with moisture and braking mechanisms (as a kid we were taught how to deal with it) but by 2010-2012 (on a mid-market car), those issues have all but been resolved. Now foggy windshields, et al can still be a challenge in the right conditions. And traction issues. But incidences of braking loss are almost extinct.

Note to whoever thought they saw cell-phone calls being made in the Altima. I think if there was a cell phone operating in the area, related to the case, we'd probably be sleuthing suspects a while ago.

RBBM, the Altima left SWFA at 2:04 a.m iirc and the ATT Tower dump was from 3-5 a.m. So unless the Altima individual (s) had a phone and stayed in area to get their phone pinged... but they would have to be able to tie xx phone with xx driving the Altima at time Altima was at SWFA. ** and that whole scenario is something a Def Attorney would pic apart jmho

RBBM, the Altima left SWFA at 2:04 a.m iirc and the ATT Tower dump was from 3-5 a.m. So unless the Altima individual (s) had a phone and stayed in area to get their phone pinged... but they would have to be able to tie xx phone with xx driving the Altima at time Altima was at SWFA. ** and that whole scenario is something a Def Attorney would pic apart jmho

This IMO all falls under the category of "Were enough resources from LE early on thrown at the crime to have a high chance of resolving?" i.e. Instead of looking 3-5. 10-6. Could they have traced the Altima further down the road (tracking through CCTV in businesses on the roads leading away from the church). Deeper and wider SM, text and cell phone activity. Data and memories are being erased and obsoletimg daily. At this point, this thing is going to be cracked either through a person cracking or extensive legwork. Ultimately (and I think someone said this earlier today) you have to ask the questions of who had motive, means and opportunity to commit an absolutely gruesome personal murder. A lot of the subjects discussed are interesting, but I'm trying to tie some of them to specifically identifying SP.

I was wondering about blocks that really, really short people use on the pedals..or maybe handicap steering system?

I'm about 5'1" and I wouldn't be able to reach the pedals or see over the dash if my seat was that far back. When I drive a car that sits low to the ground like Altima's do most of the time my seat has to be moved all the way up. Even with adjustable foot pedals I wouldn't be able to see over the dash with my seat that far back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en