TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Has anyone noticed if the Texas registration sticker is on the front windshield of the Altima?

I came in really late to this thread. I am just now about half way through #3 and have read all of this one. I watched the video of SP before reading any thread. My initial reaction was "that's a woman." As far as the Altima, I really wonder if the door at the church had the handle removed, window broke, perp left to make sure that there was no alarm, police on the way, and then returned after coast was clear. Hope I am making sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It looks like a dog of some sort in the back that is smaller than the one I see in the front. Y'all think I'm kidding but I am seeing dog/s. I will try to post the Altima pictures where I am seeing this

I don't recognize a dog (who knows?) but I see a smaller "face" than on the driver's seat.

I haven't checked in here much lately, for lack of new information, but these videos from SWFA are huge, I think.

For whatever it's worth, I think the person behind the wheel of the Altima is our SP, and I think they are already dressed in swat gear, and I shall explain why I think so.

at around 1:29, there is a moving object where the driver's head would be. this is not a trick of the light, as the car is stationary when it happens. around the time the headlights go off, the driver looks around to his or her left, and the glare produced is similar to the glare produced by the helmet in the church video.

View attachment mb2_cropped.bmp

at 6:55-7:00 or so, you can see the driver cut the wheel to the left pulling out of the spot, hand and arm looks black (wearing black jacket and black gloves). there's also a slightly shifting glare coming from where the driver's head would be (reflection off helmet, similar to that seen in the church video)

View attachment mb3_cropped.bmp

Also I'll just throw this one in here because I think it gives a better view of the inside of the car than the publicly released photo from way back when.

View attachment mb1_cropped.bmp

What are your thoughts.....do you think SWFA degraded/edited prior to posting?

I am not NIN, but JMHO I think they did. Because remember this is a "vehicle of interest". Not a person of interest. They are trying to find out by way of vehicle, who was driving it. **ETA even if they had the tag number, it could be stolen. They have capability of seeing tags and blurring as we can see in their video where 18 wheeler hit vehicle. They - MPD is not going to release a tag number of someone without knowing who it is. So if they have tag number or partial, I thinking the tag does not return to vehicle.JMHO

JMHO, whomever was driving will never come forth and say "hey that was me, but xxxxx". Nope not gonna happen (I said this prior with only the 2 ss from MPD) and still stand by my thought. I mean would you, if there was a murder near soon after and you had the whole viewer ship of WWW...com and NG and a few MSM later accusing the car of being connected (real or not we don't know). And then to have your name leaked if you did contact (FOIA or gossip or whatever)... then your whole life is sleuthed and drug through the dirt and on the internet for ever. Because that is exactly what would happen. JMHO

Especially now with the video (and by SWFA own reply on their youtube page with video, that they since have deleted) there is more grainy images/video. Makes me curious from which camera since there are many. *It also lets people know that there are tons of cameras (17 in this release). So it also gives a heads up to anyone who may be thinking of breaking in. In the MSM article they said due to breakin or attempted can't remember exact so that is a paraphrase. I just know that a Def Attorney will probably use this to create reasonable doubt. JMHO

Just some musings and comments on an icy Monday morning:

1. Very unlikely that SWFA edited their video in any way. I think the YouTube version might be somewhat compressed/degraded by the upload process, but not enough to make more detail visible.

2. The great zooming capabilities of SWFA's cameras which are seen in other videos - they are of no use here. The zooming would have needed to happen on the front end, during recording. These recordings are from a distance, and it is what it is.

3. As you look frame by frame and analyze what you think you see inside the car, keep in mind the multiple light sources in that parking lot. There are a lot of reflections going on, and they move and change along with the car movement. I suggest looking at the video at normal speed a bunch of times and noting what is obviously light reflecting. Then when you go frame by frame, you can disregard those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, I just want to say that I'm not being snarky and I appreciate your insight....I really do. You have made great contributions to the group. You make good points and you've helped me stay on track more than once.....Thank you!!!

Security cameras/CCTV have come a long way in the last few years. I don't know what security cameras, lenses or system SWFA has, but from the videos I've watched on their YouTube page and with the amount of external cameras they have I think their cameras are IP, on a network using POE, record to a NVR (network video recorder), HD, optical zoom and remote access. If I'm correct it what I'm saying - they have zoom capability on playback. I'm not sure if they are infrared (night vision) cameras or not. I'll have to look and see if they have more night time videos on their youTube page. I think the video they released was purposely degraded, uploaded at a lower quality, edited, compressed, etc.

You're right about the reflections and movement when going frame by frame......I see it and get exactly what you are saying, but I see slight differences on some of the photos/frames and Mimi posted that she thinks she's seeing it too. I admit I'm not a good source to go on regarding what can be seen in the photos/frames. There are times I see what others are seeing with certain things or a suspect or two and other times I can stare at a frame long enough to see whatever I want to see. At this point....I'm pretty sure I could find Mickey Mouse or Big Bird in the car if I looked at it long enough.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Has anyone noticed if the Texas registration sticker is on the front windshield of the Altima?

Welcome!!!!

There's a sticker located on the drivers side, lower corner of the windshield. Is that where Texas registration is located?

Jethro, I don't know how you do the frame by frame, but I appreciate it! Can you do it when the car is parking? I wonder if the overhead light would reflect too much off the car to be of benefit, or if it would shine light into the car.

Also, what's your thoughts on the red, and whatever color areas seen in the section of video you did frame by frame? I wonder if it could be reflection from a sign on the building? Like the the red could be a light reflection from an EXIT sign on the building. Is there anyway to know if there are other signs in the windows at the gun store? I know some stores have those tube lights and such as advertising, or saying OPEN or CLOSED, etc. So I do wonder if those colored areas are just reflections on the windshield or car windows from signs.

THANKS!
I use a program for ripping the frames (avconv - on Linux). I have the video in 14148 frames (I ripped it at 30 frames per second). So I do have the car while it is parked for about 6000 frames or so. There is the bright reflected light on the windshield that makes seeing anything useful difficult. Though changes from frame to frame might at least show if there is any discernible motion in the car during that time. I haven't looked through all of it for that level of detail. But when I get a chance I will and if there is any discernible activity I will try and get that uploaded for you. My biggest problem is I am hampered by really slow upload speeds due to the nature of my internet service so uploading all 14148 frames of it would take many days.

There is quite a bit of light and reflected light going on in the video when viewing the car so yes you will see artifacts of building lights, parking lot lights, etc. and those have to be accounted for when analyzing any one frame - where are all the sources of light and am I seeing something real or is it light and shadows are the questions to consider when doing so. So you are quite right in all of that.

He/She/They were either exquisite planners who may have pulled off the perfect crime or they were the luckiest people on the planet.

The suspect first appears inside the church at 3:50 a.m. Missy comes into the church at 4:20 a.m. The first class member arrives at 4:30 a.m. That gives them 15 minutes to commit the murder and escape undetected - pretty slim window of opportunity.

Still catching up sorry if a if duplicate. Just trying to keep factual.
Suspect first appears on video 3:50 (ten til four is how they said it)
MB car is seen driving into the parking lot 4:16 Per MPD, and they did not state from where/how they know this, but JMHO from the SWFA Video cameas looking at that time frame. *** And very likely if Suspect was in a vehicle driving or dropped off, they will have any time a vehicle turned from HWY 287 into the drived by either headlights or tail lights. * Also feel certain the Lab that did the reconstruction, also went over these videos. We know FBI was going over SWFAs per Kerry Sanders on Today sShow April 21? Whatever day Thursday was, when he reported it live.

MB is seen first walking into the church at 4:18, Per Capt Spann who is over CID, he stated this on April 18 press conf. 4:18 a.m. is also on the SW's

4:20 a.m. is on the MPD Official Timeline. *We have not been told where this time comes from nor has MSM questioned it. JMHO, since Capt Spann said she was unloading, very possible she came in, then went back out and returned at 4:20 a.m. and walked down the hall towards Suspects location. That number/time came from somewhere. And the Official Timeline was after the first press conf and after SW had been written.

I use a program for ripping the frames (avconv - on Linux). I have the video in 14148 frames (I ripped it at 30 frames per second). So I do have the car while it is parked for about 6000 frames or so. There is the bright reflected light on the windshield that makes seeing anything useful difficult. Though changes from frame to frame might at least show if there is any discernible motion in the car during that time. I haven't looked through all of it for that level of detail. But when I get a chance I will and if there is any discernible activity I will try and get that uploaded for you. My biggest problem is I am hampered by really slow upload speeds due to the nature of my internet service so uploading all 14148 frames of it would take many days.

There is quite a bit of light and reflected light going on in the video when viewing the car so yes you will see artifacts of building lights, parking lot lights, etc. and those have to be accounted for when analyzing any one frame - where are all the sources of light and am I seeing something real or is it light and shadows are the questions to consider when doing so. So you are quite right in all of that.

Thanks for all your work Jethro. Have you noticed more glare or more visibility in the car when the airport light is illuminated?

There is one portion of the video that I have wondered if it was. I had to go to Texas last April and help my Aunt with some stuff after my Uncle passes away. One thing was getting tags renewed. Done different than Arkansas lol. But she got a sticker Texas Two Step, and it goes on the drivers side bottom corner. I think I saw this in some frames , some not. <again illusion from lights? I am not sure how many states require them (stickers) but there are also military base stickers that go there too. JMHO

First off, I just want to say that I'm not being snarky and I appreciate your insight....I really do. You have made great contributions to the group. You make good points and you've helped me stay on track more than once.....Thank you!!!

Security cameras/CCTV have come a long way in the last few years. I don't know what security cameras, lenses or system SWFA has, but from the videos I've watched on their YouTube page and with the amount of external cameras they have I think their cameras are IP, on a network using POE, record to a NVR (network video recorder), HD, optical zoom and remote access. If I'm correct it what I'm saying - they have zoom capability on playback. I'm not sure if they are infrared (night vision) cameras or not. I'll have to look and see if they have more night time videos on their youTube page. I think the video they released was purposely degraded, uploaded at a lower quality, edited, compressed, etc.

You're right about the reflections and movement when going frame by frame......I see it and get exactly what you are saying, but I see slight differences on some of the photos/frames and Mimi posted that she thinks she's seeing it too. I admit I'm not a good source to go on regarding what can be seen in the photos/frames. There are times I see what others are seeing with certain things or a suspect or two and other times I can stare at a frame long enough to see whatever I want to see. At this point....I'm pretty sure I could find Mickey Mouse or Big Bird in the car if I looked at it long enough.

No snark taken at all. On the cameras, I guess it really comes down to the specs of their system. We don't know whether the cameras use optical zoom or digital zoom. Hopefully it's optical. We don't know what the source resolution was. It appears to have been uploaded to YouTube at 480p - at least that is the resolution I have when leaving it on Auto. Do you agree with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts.....do you think SWFA degraded/edited prior to posting?

SWFA really doesn't have any reason to edit/degrade the video in their post. LE might, but SWFA has gone on record saying LE was not involved in their releasing the video. The incentive of SWFA seems to be to give us more information, not less or distorted.

As soon as he stated about the rental car having Mississippi plates, my radar stood straight up. I can't believe anyone who had a close relative, friend and especially SPOUSE/CHILD murdered would say anything like this. I would be so distraught I would have no desire to talk to anyone from media and would have told them as such and to get off my property.
I agree. What comes out of the mouth is what is in the mind. In his case, he was concerned with cementing an alibi, not with his deceased wife. I don't remember now - did he speak to the press and say this before or after his initial interview with police? If it was after, then I think LE had put him on the defensive and in that mode of proving an alibi to everyone.

Welcome!!!!

There's a sticker located on the drivers side, lower corner of the windshield. Is that where Texas registration is located?

Yes that's where the inspection/ tag registration sticker goes. As of last year, Texas has combined both into one sticker. You now have to go get your car inspected, get the paperwork showing the vehicle passed safety/emissions testing and take this paperwork to the county tax office to get your state registration where after payment, you get one sticker for both issues. If you live in an apartment complex, they are sometimes stickers issued to residents so vehicles are not towed from apartment parking spaces. Boat marinas also have a windshield sticker.

Yes! I see reflection that looks like helmet.
Also in last photo I see two dashboard area lights. Is one a police scanner or some device that could be used to monitor any police response to the church alarm (assuming he broke church window ahead of time to test out police response)?

I haven't checked in here much lately, for lack of new information, but these videos from SWFA are huge, I think.

For whatever it's worth, I think the person behind the wheel of the Altima is our SP, and I think they are already dressed in swat gear, and I shall explain why I think so.

at around 1:29, there is a moving object where the driver's head would be. this is not a trick of the light, as the car is stationary when it happens. around the time the headlights go off, the driver looks around to his or her left, and the glare produced is similar to the glare produced by the helmet in the church video.

View attachment 107918

at 6:55-7:00 or so, you can see the driver cut the wheel to the left pulling out of the spot, hand and arm looks black (wearing black jacket and black gloves). there's also a slightly shifting glare coming from where the driver's head would be (reflection off helmet, similar to that seen in the church video)

View attachment 107917

Also I'll just throw this one in here because I think it gives a better view of the inside of the car than the publicly released photo from way back when.

View attachment 107919

Just some musings and comments on an icy Monday morning: 1. Very unlikely that SWFA edited their video in any way. I think the YouTube version might be somewhat compressed/degraded by the upload process, but not enough to make more detail visible. 2. The great zooming capabilities of SWFA's cameras which are seen in other videos - they are of no use here. The zooming would have needed to happen on the front end, during recording. These recordings are from a distance, and it is what it is. 3. As you look frame by frame and analyze what you think you see inside the car, keep in mind the multiple light sources in that parking lot. There are a lot of reflections going on, and they move and change along with the car movement. I suggest looking at the video at normal speed a bunch of times and noting what is obviously light reflecting. Then when you go frame by frame, you can disregard those things. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think release of the video is a message to SP. Cameras can have auto-zoom motion detectors. The point of SWFA cameras is to capture gun store burglars on video and to demonstrate what he sells. If he is selling surveillance cameras to catch burglars, then these videos prove uselessness in identifying them or their car. Since a burglar is not going to walk full-faced through the front door, is likely to wear a mask, the best thing would be to photograph the driver in the car and the license plate. I think they have more and better video, but there is no reason to release it to the public at this time.

I am so sorry Dizzychick! I totally misunderstood your post as a standalone post and referencing this case. Please accept my apology/ While I stand by my post, I am sorry and again was not trying to be snarky.

In the case your referencing, I can understand why they did not name him until he was arrested. They did not what him to know they knew who he was and run and/or destroy evidence. I feel certain once they knew who he was they had him under tight/heavy surveillance . That would be good police work. They have to get all their paperwork done and make sure that their SW are legit.

At the arraignment, do you mean in the courtroom or leaving? What is the standard there? If in courtroom, that would be the judges call, or I would think. I can kinda understand the police not allowing him to be filmed, if when he was leaving. Could possibly have been a security reason? JMHO they may only allow filming, when they hope to get something they can use later. *Like Arron Lewis, they paraded him in front of the media in hopes he would run his arrogant mouth and be able to use it. That is exactly what happen... he did and they did... use it at his trial lol. JMHO I have to trust the Police in that case too there was a reason they wouldn't allow. Maybe it had to do with the horrific crime he did? Possible he would yap about it and be something that would be very offensive? I sure they have shown what he looks like. Big Hugs
I grew up and spend some of my year in Washington state. I don't think soft is the right word. They are more cautious to release the names of the arrested (I suspect the lawyers per population is much higher there). On John Charlton, he 's a closet sociopath, along the lines of Ted Bundy (another Washington state charmer). In fact they look like they could be brothers. It is totally the judge's call what is made public and Mr. Charlton had his story ready to go, so his name and picture weren't made public for a couple days until they had more certainty they were not annihilating an innocent person in the press.

But the US Justice Department has been camped out in the offices of the Seattle Police Department for the past few years, trying to curtail a culture of over-physicality and beating suspects and criminals up so I wouldn't call them soft.

I came in really late to this thread. I am just now about half way through #3 and have read all of this one. I watched the video of SP before reading any thread. My initial reaction was "that's a woman." As far as the Altima, I really wonder if the door at the church had the handle removed, window broke, perp left to make sure that there was no alarm, police on the way, and then returned after coast was clear. Hope I am making sense. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I love your post. Of course - SP may have done the exterior break-in at any time, without even entering or barey entering CoC, and returned later. Maybe the Altima at SWFA parking lot was the first look about 2AM. The he broke into CoC, and fled, to observe for LE or security patrol from somewhere. Satisfied that no one responded, he returned for the murder. If the Altima is involved that might explain why there is so much time (1 hour and 45 minutes) between the Altima at SWFA and the SP on video inside CoC. I love your post... of course he did the break-in in advance to test for alarms.

Yes! I see reflection that looks like helmet.
Also in last photo I see two dashboard area lights. Is one a police scanner or some device that could be used to monitor any police response to the church alarm (assuming he broke church window ahead of time to test out police response)?

My best guess would be that it's a standalone GPS unit mounted above the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great