TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local here, checking in but there was a huge number of posts since the last time I checked so forgive me if these things have already been said...the story that Nancy Grace is reporting on her blog is one that has been floating around town for awhile so I don't think it was leaked by LE, its not as new as Nancy Grace is trying to make it seem....I glanced at some of the posts trying to find the end of this thread and I actually think I saw someone discussing this in fall..the idea that it was a spouse who didn't want his wife doing the bootcamp....the story was that a family member reported a man (former LE) actin wierd....this person did not approve of MB's friendship with his wife...it was a good story at the time bc the person fit the description of the killer and may have had access to the type clothes worn by SP but LE had this guy's name in fall... and that is why I think the source for her story is NOT LE....the person makes it sound like its a hot tip and its not...plus the rumor is that SP left behind some form of DNA....dont know how as they appeared to be totally covered....so each POI...including the former LE...were DNA tested except two who refused the test....this made police think it was them since they refused... but I think they have since backed off that theory....and they have lawyered up trying to clear their names....I think that secretly most in town now think it was someone connected to BB...we want to hope that it's not but it really points to him....convenently out of town...not upset about the murder...messed up marriage...a big money family business that may be effected by their divorce... also the fact that he still lives here...if your wife was brutally murdered and no one knew why....wouldn't you take your children and go into hiding... Nancy Grace's podcast wants to point to the fact that only a person in LE would think to dress up in swat gear but that is not true....I have pointed out before the similarities to another high profile case here in Texas....a man who decided to seek revenge on a DA and prosecutor...that guy Eric somethingoranother, actually murdered two of his victims by dressing up as a swat guy, almost the same outfit...he bought a cheap getaway car and stored it and his swat gear in a nearby storage place. He was only caught cause he kept messing with LE....it just seems to me someone saw that story and used it....I would say the feeling here is hopelessness and disgust that it is a cold case.

Local here, checking in but there was a huge number of posts since the last time I checked so forgive me if these things have already been said...the story that Nancy Grace is reporting on her blog is one that has been floating around town for awhile so I don't think it was leaked by LE, its not as new as Nancy Grace is trying to make it seem....I glanced at some of the posts trying to find the end of this thread and I actually think I saw someone discussing this in fall..the idea that it was a spouse who didn't want his wife doing the bootcamp....the story was that a family member reported a man (former LE) actin wierd....this person did not approve of MB's friendship with his wife...it was a good story at the time bc the person fit the description of the killer and may have had access to the type clothes worn by SP but LE had this guy's name in fall... and that is why I think the source for her story is NOT LE....the person makes it sound like its a hot tip and its not...plus the rumor is that SP left behind some form of DNA....dont know how as they appeared to be totally covered....so each POI...including the former LE...were DNA tested except two who refused the test....this made police think it was them since they refused... but I think they have since backed off that theory....and they have lawyered up trying to clear their names....I think that secretly most in town now think it was someone connected to BB...we want to hope that it's not but it really points to him....convenently out of town...not upset about the murder...messed up marriage...a big money family business that may be effected by their divorce... also the fact that he still lives here...if your wife was brutally murdered and no one knew why....wouldn't you take your children and go into hiding... Nancy Grace's podcast wants to point to the fact that only a person in LE would think to dress up in swat gear but that is not true....I have pointed out before the similarities to another high profile case here in Texas....a man who decided to seek revenge on a DA and prosecutor...that guy Eric somethingoranother, actually murdered two of his victims by dressing up as a swat guy, almost the same outfit...he bought a cheap getaway car and stored it and his swat gear in a nearby storage place. He was only caught cause he kept messing with LE....it just seems to me someone saw that story and used it....I would say the feeling here is hopelessness and disgust that it is a cold case.

Well heck!! Really scratching my head!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't shake gut feelings I've had all along, but then I read stuff and it makes me question. I don't think the Altima is involved, but then it does seem weird to be completely unrelated.

I feel like anyone can make something out of it by knowing so little information...EX: I don't see ANYTYHING when looking at the Altima pictures...but, if you go looking for something, you're going to find it. JMO, but you can't judge anything by the position of someone's drivers seat...mine is way back and I'm super short. JMO

I have to think the Altima is involved because it's just such a strange coincidence that the Altima would be driving around the parking lot, in the rain, in the middle of the night, on the night MB was murdered, across from the church, in a manner that is so similar to how the perp wandered around the church.

That's just too much of a coincidence for me to dismiss.

I don't have a particular suspect in mind, but I do think that Altima is involved.

Oh, no. This is disappointing news. But even if BB was involved, what if he had a friend who was prior LE do it? I don’t know if that’s the case, but don’t you think that’s plausible?

I know I would want to know who lawyered up but I know you can't say.

Zooming in the "nose" would be in-proportionally large for the face. Looks more like clouding to me possible caused by moisture on surveillance camera:

attachment.php

attachment.php

His head appears to be turned to the side to me, is that what you're seeing ? TIA

I just had a semi aha moment.
I think ArkMimi said something about the perp knowing where to go.

BB, during his 2nd interview on front lawn said he called MB twice that night from Mississippi. Around 7 and then again around nine when he said she was half asleep.

I remember looking at her FB page that said "If it's raining,
We're still training". The timemmm of that post was 9:30p.m.

So, I wonder if maybe he called after she posted that. Or did he call to ask if she was training inside. Or was she just tired and half asleep when she sent out the FB post?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
You know that made me think of something. What I would like to know is whether or not BB had the ability to know where MB's phone was. Find My Phone or some other app. I only mention that because it is a common requirement when an affair is busted if spouses decide to stay together.

I would say that is plausible...how good of friends would you have to be to kill someones wife though by bludgeoning her to death...and even if you were LE what are the chances that you could commit murder and get away with it unless you had done it before...I think that the explanation that makes the most sense when you stand back and look at it is that the marriage was on the rocks...his family owns a big pretty big business...would she still have any control or ownership of that business and how much would it be worth to protect a family business...would it be worth enough to hire someone to kill her...if so this case may eventually be solved by a good forensic accountant....also on the car...my thinking is that the killer would have to cross four lanes of traffic on 287 on foot if they were considering parking at SWFA and time would be of the essence...that road stays busy...too great a chance to be seen...a better bet would be to park on the backroads behind the church, in an empty field or something and then leave the scene, run through the field onto the road to your car and then pull out nice and easy...the thing is...was there a time stamp on that video that could give you some idea of the time between when this car was driving around and the time the SP entered the building bc then if it is the SP car you would have a good idea of where they may have parked based on how long it would take to leave SWFA, park and walk there...just a thought but I am sure they have already explored that.

Tried twice to edit my above post but it wouldn't let me, weird. What I wanted to add is: it appears he's looking out the front passenger side window. Does anyone know what direction that is, and if it would include the church? TIA

I would say that is plausible...how good of friends would you have to be to kill someones wife though by bludgeoning her to death...and even if you were LE what are the chances that you could commit murder and get away with it unless you had done it before...I think that the explanation that makes the most sense when you stand back and look at it is that the marriage was on the rocks...his family owns a big pretty big business...would she still have any control or ownership of that business and how much would it be worth to protect a family business...would it be worth enough to hire someone to kill her...if so this case may eventually be solved by a good forensic accountant....also on the car...my thinking is that the killer would have to cross four lanes of traffic on 287 on foot if they were considering parking at SWFA and time would be of the essence...that road stays busy...too great a chance to be seen...a better bet would be to park on the backroads behind the church, in an empty field or something and then leave the scene, run through the field onto the road to your car and then pull out nice and easy...the thing is...was there a time stamp on that video that could give you some idea of the time between when this car was driving around and the time the SP entered the building bc then if it is the SP car you would have a good idea of where they may have parked based on how long it would take to leave SWFA, park and walk there...just a thought but I am sure they have already explored that.

Wasn't there a report very early on that there was a car parked in the church lot but was too far from the camera to be identified?

Anyone remember that? Was that car seen before Missy arrived to church AND/OR after?

I guess I'm asking....could that be the Altima?

(Sorry if this is way off base. I took a long break from this case and am just coming back to it.)

tia. jmo.

I agree. Only recently did I start thinking maybe BB was not involved but yes, with all of those marital issues, his seeming non-emotion, and the fact that “it’s usually the spouse” I still think it’s highly likely that he is connected. JMO. Regardless, do you think the actual killer lives locally or that it was someone recruited from out of the area? Thanks!

The ones that lawyered up were not doing so as a criminal defense but trying to stop rampant rumors about them...they are two connected people named on SW and seemed to be very viable suspects early on...on those tacky fb groups they were being named and harassed....that part is not a rumor, its true...but the word on the street that they refused the dna test could be false...still I would be really happy if they solved this case but also really surprised at this point.

Thats a good question...and one I think of often as that would mean that somewhere around me is someone who has committed a very grisly murder...the church is off a hwy that could take you quickly north...so if you were leaving the state that would be a good place to commit the murder and get the heck out of dodge...whereas if you lived in town i would worry that someone might ID you walking to your car or driving away...but again I don't want to imagine that the person who did this lives near me so maybe I am just hoping its someone from far away...I cant imagine that for hire murderers are easy to find or happen to live nearby but you never know....I will say that people made a big deal before this car news about that little airport being near there but I thought that was laughable--surely someone would know if a plane took off around that time...those things are regulated by someone I would guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member