TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, interesting. It seemed like the One State Under God plate was first issued in Texas in 2012, so I assumed it was a stock photo (I saw the image on a second blog). I don't imagine the same person would be able to switch to the One State plate in 2012 without paying the ticket. Perhaps the plate number was deactivated and later reissued to someone else. Or perhaps someone made a "dummy" plate to cover the real one. Or perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me

Agree with all of this. I'm one of those people who can't see anything in any of these videos anyway. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence, since our Altima is supposed to be a 2010. But if the plate really reads 4FAITH in this video, I agree that it is likely a fake plate.

I wonder if this alleged comment by BB about the rental plates is just myth. I've gone through the first thread and I find nothing, even though his interviews from 4/18 and 4/19 are linked and discussed.

No it's not myth. I'm thinking it has been taken down. A bunch of us discussed this for a long time. A very long time! Ha. I found people referring to it also in comments from April. It was short and he had just arrived back to midlothian. We all watched the video at the start but I've looked everywhere. I'll do my best to see what I can find. This was not his formal interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this alleged comment by BB about the rental plates is just myth. I've gone through the first thread and I find nothing, even though his interviews from 4/18 and 4/19 are linked and discussed.

It is not a complete myth. Listen at the :23 mark below. I just remember very similar comments from day 1, but maybe those comments were not made until a few days later in the interview with RB.

https://youtu.be/ICfVJ4yIHcs

Except that it apparently was a real license plate -- or at least someone pretended it was. See my above comment re: the ticket given in Plano to a real car with this exact plate.

I was posting at the same time you were typing this (okay, I'm slower). I agree with you that number was at one time a valid plate number, as evidenced by your link to the 2010 parking ticket.

In my other reply, I was pondering whether the parking ticket would have had to been paid in order to switch to the 2012 plate design in the photo (One State Under God). Perhaps not.

I also wonder is a vanity plate is relinquished, how long it might be before someone else could register it. I may have to see if I can find out.

I wish there was a way to determine whether that plate is currently registered to a vehicle fitting the description of the one in the video... I'm inclined to think a fake plate. JMHO

Here is where reddit said they saw it as well. I need to watch when I get home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...issy_bevers_fitness_instructor_murdered_in_a/ (search for plates)

One more: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311901273/Missy-Bevers-Timeline (search doc for plates)

I was just going to post the same thing. I have no idea what the video actually shows, but someone driving a car with a Texas license plate 4FAITH received a ticket in Plano on 8/31/10, and never paid it. http://plano.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4831

Good find!

I wish we could tell by that list what the make of the car was.

What year did people determine the Altima was? The unpaid ticket is from 2010.

Boy that lettering at the top sure doesn't look like it says "Texas".
I'm seeing Mississippi! Anyone else?

I agree it doesn't look like Texas. So far I haven't been able to find any other states using the same One State Under God.

Thanks for indulging me ND2014 and Mistree. Usually I lurk on this case.

Just some musings and comments on an icy Monday morning:

1. Very unlikely that SWFA edited their video in any way. I think the YouTube version might be somewhat compressed/degraded by the upload process, but not enough to make more detail visible.

2. The great zooming capabilities of SWFA's cameras which are seen in other videos - they are of no use here. The zooming would have needed to happen on the front end, during recording. These recordings are from a distance, and it is what it is.

3. As you look frame by frame and analyze what you think you see inside the car, keep in mind the multiple light sources in that parking lot. There are a lot of reflections going on, and they move and change along with the car movement. I suggest looking at the video at normal speed a bunch of times and noting what is obviously light reflecting. Then when you go frame by frame, you can disregard those things.

First off, I just want to say that I'm not being snarky and I appreciate your insight....I really do. You have made great contributions to the group. You make good points and you've helped me stay on track more than once.....Thank you!!!

Security cameras/CCTV have come a long way in the last few years. I don't know what security cameras, lenses or system SWFA has, but from the videos I've watched on their YouTube page and with the amount of external cameras they have I think their cameras are IP, on a network using POE, record to a NVR (network video recorder), HD, optical zoom and remote access. If I'm correct it what I'm saying - they have zoom capability on playback. I'm not sure if they are infrared (night vision) cameras or not. I'll have to look and see if they have more night time videos on their youTube page. I think the video they released was purposely degraded, uploaded at a lower quality, edited, compressed, etc.

You're right about the reflections and movement when going frame by frame......I see it and get exactly what you are saying, but I see slight differences on some of the photos/frames and Mimi posted that she thinks she's seeing it too. I admit I'm not a good source to go on regarding what can be seen in the photos/frames. There are times I see what others are seeing with certain things or a suspect or two and other times I can stare at a frame long enough to see whatever I want to see. At this point....I'm pretty sure I could find Mickey Mouse or Big Bird in the car if I looked at it long enough.

I agree, we don't know what system or cameras they have. JMHO the daytime videos are clear and crisp and they appear to be optical. I'm thinking they might not have infrared (night vision) cameras. But, I would think night vision would be very important for obvious reason....So that brings me back to thinking that they degraded the video before posting. I still haven't looked to see if they have additional evening videos. I need to do that! The video doesn't appear to be uploaded at 1080 - even when considering the rain the quality is not good enough to be 1080.

I get different resolutions depending on what device I play it on. When I play the video on auto using my MacBook Pro it plays in 1080HD, iPad &iPhone 360p, and HP Laptop 480p. :)

I took another look at SWFA Videos on YouTube. It looks like they have at least one Samsung PTZ camera. Doesn't help much since we still don't know the model or specs. https://youtu.be/xJBFtJ_tgC4

It is not a complete myth. Listen at the :23 mark below. I just remember very similar comments from day 1, but maybe those comments were not made until a few days later in the interview with RB.

https://youtu.be/ICfVJ4yIHcs

I think his comment in that video about Mississippi plates is being taken out of context. We don't hear the entire conversation or the reporter's question.

I don't know if this has been mentioned and I hate to be the one to do it, but could there have been some type of sexual activity going on in the Nissan? This would explain why there appears to be a passenger only sometimes. It would also explain the seat being so far back AND the reason
nobody has come forward. It doesn't explain the odd behavior of the driver, but who knows? Different strokes for different folks.

I support the blue and thank them for the work and dedication. The ones that have been on camera have been articulate, and as concise as I think they could be (they can't reveal too much without jeopardizing the investigation, and I appreciate that.) And I bet they certainly have much more information that the common man; hopefully nearing critical mass.

Having said that. I think we can all agree at a minimum, this does seem to be an educational experience for the MPD.
This case may well end up in LEO classroom studies in future. Seems there are several points of interest for investigation and detection

No it is NOT. See his interview with his father re the bloody shirt. He and Dad called this press conference. He mentions the Miss. Plates.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't know if this has been mentioned and I hate to be the one to do it, but could there have been some type of sexual activity going on in the Nissan? This would explain why there appears to be a passenger only sometimes. It would also explain the seat being so far back AND the reason
nobody has come forward. It doesn't explain the odd behavior of the driver, but who knows? Different strokes for different folks.

I have wondered that too! ;)

But, if that were the case, I think they would've picked a different spot in the lot to park.

jmo

Was the perp wearing a white balaclava during the murder of Missy? I don't recall if it's been said whether it was white or black. My point is that it almost looks like from these still shots that the driver puts down a white cloth - possibly the white balaclava - on the dash then picks it back up and from there maybe puts it on along with the helmet. Some of you have mentioned seeing still shots of the driver appearing to be dressed in black with possible light reflection from the helmet right before the car leaves the lot....so if that is the case, maybe the whole intent of the driver circling the lot that night was to find a safe place, in close vicinity of the church, to go over the plan one more time and finish dressing in preparation for the murder. The driver circles the lot first making sure no one is around and then parks the car in a spot with a clear view of the entrance to the gun shop so to clearly see anyone entering the lot. Once the driver is finished dressing, they are ready for the final step, they start up the car and exit the parking lot.

attachment.php

-Nin

I have wondered that too! ;)

But, if that were the case, I think they would've picked a different spot in the lot to park.

jmo

Unless somebody had a weird fetish of driving while, ya know.....

So glad I'm not the only one that thought this though!

No it is NOT. See his interview with his father re the bloody shirt. He and Dad called this press conference. He mentions the Miss. Plates.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well it's most certainly a myth in that the story morphed into, "BB had barely gotten out of the car when he spoke to the reporters and pointed at the car's plates as being Mississippi plates." That is a paraphrase of what many have been claiming he said at the time.

Does anyone have a link to the full interview where we hear the question that he was answering?

JMO.... it sure didn't last very long if it was. Not sure they would drive around with lights going on and off. I also wouldn't pick a place like the gun store either!!!! Most of us know that all stores pretty much have cameras now. However, it could have been!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member