TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did SP let MB set up for a while while watching her before finally striking? Unlikely because letting her set up and go back and forth for 10 or 15 minutes would burn time he would need to get away before campers started arriving and adds way too many risks factors.

Actually, on second thought, this scenario could be possible in an interrupted burglary scenario - where SP hid when he heard MB arrive and she eventually bumped into him.

I personally think we should avoid the temptation of assigning a nearly impossibly high level of intelligence to this killer. I've even seen comments about the Altima suggesting that its occupant(s) positioned themselves exactly at some angle to the SWFA cameras so that they couldn't be seen.

No criminal is that intelligent except in fiction. Whoever did this is someone who isn't capable of thinking of everything. He or she made mistakes. If this person goes uncaught, it will be because of flaws in the investigation more so than whatever cunning he or she possesses, IMHO.

I completely agree with you. :D

If you're really just up for mischief, then why go to the extensive cover up of your outfit? And I've tried to look at that theory, but logically it just doesn't make sense...and yes I realize murder never makes sense.

ETA: We haven't heard anything directly out of MPD since what July? I don't believe everything I read in articles. They've been strategic in what they say. I personally think the Altima was to give the people something since they kept asking. It distracts public and gives MPD room to work their case without being hounded...also think it makes perp think they have know clue who they are. They're not going to come right out and say we're watching and waiting for you to choke and get caught.

Also, why would all these facts about their marriage be coming out if it was untargeted? That would have no motive...

ALL JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost:

Also, why would all these facts about their marriage be coming out if it was untargeted? That would have no motive...

I don't think the marital stuff is "coming out"--- BB actually said in televised interviews early on that they had their issues but worked them out. That was confirmed when we saw it on the SWs that were made public a couple months later. I assume in the initial interviews BB told investigators about their past issues and they used that information to support a request to access Linked in and whatever else.

So this was out, back in March 2016 and since then LE has said that the love triangle thing didn't pan out and that they were kinda out of leads, beyond identifying the Altima driver.

I actually went to the gun store youtube site where they up loaded the video and asked them how typical that behavior was. They answered me, and said it was very uncommon behavior. I just went back to get the exact quote and their answer is gone. :gaah:

It's even more uncommon that a murder went down at a nearby church a couple hours later. What are the odds? IMO the two incidents are connected. SWFA removing their response to your question........makes my hinky meter go through the roof :scared:

You know there are also tranquilizer darts.., just saying.

On the other hand, if MD was shot with a traditional firearm and ammo, wouldn't that match the police outfit?

Perhaps SP wanted to appear as a rogue LEO, even if he wasn't a police officer. That way a LEO burglar would carry a gun and use it, if necessary. Would be part of the staging and based on a targeted hit.

-Nin

If a tranquilizer gun/dart was used wouldn't it show up in a toxicology report? Do we know if toxicology tests were administered? I don't recall that information being released to the public.

I pop in and out of this thread, hoping for news, and I don't think I've posted here before. So feel free to let me know if you've already discussed what I'm posting.

Aspects of this case remind me so much of the murder of Teresa Sievers in FL.
An intruder killed her with a hammer (actually there were two men involved).
Husband was out of town with the kids.

It turned out that Mark Sievers had taken out millions in life insurance and hired his best friend to do the deed.
Teresa may have been close to leaving Mark and/or may have become aware of his financial shenanigans.
The case unraveled thanks mostly due to one person who contacted someone about a series of strange conversations with the killer's wife and her mother. That and good police work. (How am I doing Nin? :) )

We ended up needing to have two separate threads...Mark did it and Mark didn't do it...and when the truth came out, all his suspicious behavior really was suspicious because he was guilty. I'm not going to point fingers at the husband, of course, but the hired murder of TS taught me that nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. My initial reaction that being out of town was a convenient alibi ended up being true. It's not true in all cases, but being out of town isn't a free pass IMO.

This murder just doesn't seem random to me. I think it's possible that someone knew or was told her schedule and when she would be alone. A hammer is quieter than a gun and doesn't have to mean the murder is personal. The disguise kept the person's identity hidden from the cameras. It may even have served to catch MB off guard, causing her to think it was a real policeman and to go toward him or her. For me this seems more reasonable than a random hit. I doubt the Altima is a factor.
All JMO...until I change my mind. ;)

If MB was not killed almost immediately upon "walking in the door down the main hallway toward the area where SP was last seen until out of camera range" what are your suggestions for what might have been going on during that time?

Was SP unaware MB had arrived for some time? Possible in an interrupted burglary scenario. Not a planned murder where he would be waiting for her.

Was MB actually planning to meet SP before class for 10 or 15 minutes (like a tryst) and then he turned on her and murdered her? Not likely, he was already dressed up and on camera before she arrived and unless she had some BDSM/cop fetish, that outfit would have tipped her off to trouble.

Did SP let MB set up for a while while watching her before finally striking? Unlikely because letting her set up and go back and forth for 10 or 15 minutes would burn time he would need to get away before campers started arriving and adds way too many risks factors.

Was there a long, drawn out chase? Probably would have shown up on some camera. We have been told neither were seen again on camera.

Did the killing take 20 or 30 minutes? Again, that's burning time SP needs to get away before campers get there.

I think SP was long gone by 4:35.

What might have gone on during that time? Infinite possibilities. Did she have something (money, information) that someone wanted that needed some torturing to get her to reveal? Maybe she took money (from a business?) that was put into an off-shore account or safe deposit box and specific details were needed in order to get it back? We know there were some flirtatious messages going back and forth with another person; what if there was a sex tape that she was threatening to release unless they paid some money to help get her out of her financial situation and they were needing to know where it was at? Maybe the murderer incapacitated her (tied up/gagged or unconscious) and sexually assaulted her? Maybe her murder was filmed as proof of death if it was a hit. Maybe she used the bathroom and the killer waited until she finished? But why leave her phone, purse and iPad? What was so important in the church she would run in without those items?

Interesting comment about her possibly planning to meet the SP before class. A new student wanting to meet to ask questions about Camp Gladiator possibly? But again - why did she leave everything in her truck?

I do wonder why no camper came in before 5:00. They saw her truck parked there so they knew she was inside. Maybe the killer knew the campers would not come in until 5 and was not too concerned about being interrupted.

Then again, maybe the killer grabbed her immediately and she was dead by 4:25. There are no facts which can tell us for sure one way or another.

Thoughtsand observations.
1. Agree Cannon. I don’t want to assign any higher intelligence to SP than necessary but the outfit was well thought out and came into play on several levels. We can’t see much of them. Heck we can’t even tell what gender they are. It prevents or minimizes DNA from shedding. Unique and random (almost impossible trace or decipher things from) And could potentially put the victim at ease. They are at a minimum good planners. How good or how lucky; we’ll probably see attrial.

2. 1979. Thanks for that well thought out and presented hypothesis. Yes,this is the forum to bounce ideas and facts off of each other. I agree with some of them and an interrupted burglary or night of vandalism is a possibility. It’s my feeling LE doesn’t prioritize this one but it has become one of those ‘for lack of a better explanation’. Where I deviate. I don’t think SP looked at a major gun venue with hundreds of thousands in weapons and dozens of cameras and decided instead to just pop in at the country church next door and knock out a few windows. Too big of a jump for he/she orI. The first week, the report said shewas attached in the head/face and chest. That’s very personal and I don’t think a surprised burgular would do that. They’d just want her gone. I don’t even buy off on a buglar being startled and not having a plan in case he ran into someone; or that plan being a battle to the death. The jump to manually murdering someone is too great. There is also absolutely no looking for anything of value, nothing to carry anything in and nothing taken. If they are a burgular, they arethe world’s lousiest one, and would have been caught by now. From what we know, there isn’t a burgurlary or micheif problem that anyone’s mentioned in the area. Esp with a modus operandi of aimlessly meandering around a lot. If there is someone out there that if they are surprised or caught off guard will kill you with a hammer, I think the police have an obligation to put out some warnings.

1979 Part II. No one standing to benefit from MB’s death. If I’m being naïve, let me know but. A 45 YO mom with three kids is having sex with probably 2 or 3 different guys (other than her husband). We’ve spent two days walking through thewording from LE/Warrants to determine that number; not going to go diggingagain. The docs say CW and other lovers (plural-at least 2 more). That’s not common (esp in small-town Bible belt). Some guys might not react too well to that. Just saying there are very deep emotional issues going on here that some people would react adversely to. They may or may not gain financially (but think potential divorce proceedings et al). But some guys may think they’d be better off emotionally.

The Delay MUST bethe Alibis. Untangling andDisproving.

I disagree. IMO, Alibis are the easiest and quickest to resolve. If it takes you more than a week to talk to enough people and review enough video to get a level of assurance he was where he said he was (remember EVERY ATM, bank machine, major box store-Target, Walmart Home Depot, Office Max, etc., grocery store, gas station, courthouse, pharmacy, etc; has multiple high quality cameras now a days. Unless he was holing himself up in a cave (and that would make me even more suspicious) you’ve visually got him on independent video telling you where he’s at. Of all the developments in LE, being able to peg someone’s location through video is a major improvement in the 21[SUP]st[/SUP]century.
Back in Midlo however…We just happen to have lower quality cameras and/or in the pitch dark or a driving rain storm video-ing a person wearing wearing layers of covering from head to toe.
AND I’m having difficulty with SP VERY quickly taking off his/her clothes and joining the investigation (after a battle with a hammer to the death). The detectives come in with luminal, turnoff the lights, and low and behold, SP has some spots glowing and he/she is standing in the middle of them. If this is as well-planned at it looks, they would not take that huge risk. Plus risk of someone there saying “I’ve never seen this guy in our class.” If this is NOT a well-planned out scheme, they WILL have blood spatter SOMEWHERE. I don’t see it plausible they snuck back into the scene.
Yes, I think BB’s timing for being out of town was a little convenient. But from what I read, RB no longer worked and was putting around the country in an RV. I see nothing hincky there at all.

Your scenario is a perp that is targeting MB. Right now I'm not debating what actually happened and whether it could or couldn't have been someone MB knew. What I'm discussing is what train of thought is MPD following? What theory are they pursuing? Since the last word we have from them is at least that they're taking a good look at the "untargeted" scenario.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong or that you're right or wrong. Just trying to accurately assess what we know about what MPD's current thinking is.

We have met on this same hallway before, haven't we? Perhaps LEO knows making an arrest will bring the community to its proverbial knees so they must not quiver once they make an approach.

Truly, this is such a horrific case of stalking an unsuspecting victim, that I dare anyone to bring forward a more heinous and unmerciful yet unsolved murder where the UnSub is audacious enough to be caught on tape. Actually, UnSub posed confidently, for a brief moment, in their POLICE SWAT gear, for the camera. A woman should be able to go to work without fear for her life.

Okay, then the father-in-law lived elsewhere. It is still a huge coincidence that the husband happened to be out of town during the murder. I think the father-in-law and husband were both vacationing albeit in different places. I feel that this was all planned well and much in advance.

We have mini groups within this board all with their own theories of what happened. :) It's good. I feel like there is a greater chance of this case being solved if we keep these discussions going. Collective intention and all of that.
I feel like there is a greater chance of this case being solved if we keep these discussions going. Collective intention

Justice for Missy :rose:

I pop in and out of this thread, hoping for news, and I don't think I've posted here before. So feel free to let me know if you've already discussed what I'm posting.

Aspects of this case remind me so much of the murder of Teresa Sievers in FL.
An intruder killed her with a hammer (actually there were two men involved).
Husband was out of town with the kids.

It turned out that Mark Sievers had taken out millions in life insurance and hired his best friend to do the deed.
Teresa may have been close to leaving Mark and/or may have become aware of his financial shenanigans.
The case unraveled thanks mostly due to one person who contacted someone about a series of strange conversations with the killer's wife and her mother. That and good police work. (How am I doing Nin? :) )

We ended up needing to have two separate threads...Mark did it and Mark didn't do it...and when the truth came out, all his suspicious behavior really was suspicious because he was guilty. I'm not going to point fingers at the husband, of course, but the hired murder of TS taught me that nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. My initial reaction that being out of town was a convenient alibi ended up being true. It's not true in all cases, but being out of town isn't a free pass IMO.

This murder just doesn't seem random to me. I think it's possible that someone knew or was told her schedule and when she would be alone. A hammer is quieter than a gun and doesn't have to mean the murder is personal. The disguise kept the person's identity hidden from the cameras. It may even have served to catch MB off guard, causing her to think it was a real policeman and to go toward him or her. For me this seems more reasonable than a random hit. I doubt the Altima is a factor.
All JMO...until I change my mind. ;)

I agree with Lilibet's theory but I do think the Altima is involved. If this was a hired person/couple they probably came from out of town/state and were given extensive details on the church layout/security system/etc and if the police/fbi don't know anything from the SWFA Gun Shop video, the suspect(s) just got lucky when they decided to pull in, not realizing the type of camera system located there. The likely person to hire a hitman in this situation would be obviously telling the media/police/public: "The suspect needs to be found and arrested " and (act like they are trying to assist the police to help find them)...BLAH BLAH BLAH...when they know good and well it would be almost impossible to find them because they are not from there and had no personal ties to Missy. I wouldn't be surprised if the hitman sent the creepy message(s)from some random location to prepare to throw the police off once the murder was committed .

Had the first camper gone in at 4:35, they may have been killed along with MB. The murder was not captured on video, so there's no way to know if she was killed at 4:20 or 4:50. Likewise, we have no way to know when the murderer left the scene.

How did the campers who found her body get in? Was the door propped open, or did they have a key/card to get in?
I believe it is the case with doors like those found where Missy entered (the outside set of doors) that once the key unlocks the door it will remain unlocked until it is locked again by key.

I don't think the marital stuff is "coming out"--- BB actually said in televised interviews early on that they had their issues but worked them out. That was confirmed when we saw it on the SWs that were made public a couple months later. I assume in the initial interviews BB told investigators about their past issues and they used that information to support a request to access Linked in and whatever else.

So this was out, back in March 2016 and since then LE has said that the love triangle thing didn't pan out and that they were kinda out of leads, beyond identifying the Altima driver.
CW was on-going from January right up until the time of her death (per the warrant) - so that wasn't past it was current. MPD would have discovered that just from Missy's phone dump, they didn't need BB to tell them that. For the KC situation that was past (as far as anyone knows) that might not have been discernible from the phone contents and likely would have required others to bring it to MPD's attention.

It would not surprise me in the least if CW was the last person that Missy was in contact with or attempted contact (sent but unread messages).

CW was on-going from January right up until the time of her death (per the warrant) - so that wasn't past it was current. MPD would have discovered that just from Missy's phone dump, they didn't need BB to tell them that. For the KC situation that was past (as far as anyone knows) that might not have been discernible from the phone contents and likely would have required others to bring it to MPD's attention.

It would not surprise me in the least if CW was the last person that Missy was in contact with or attempted contact (sent but unread messages).
But BB did know about CW. How did he know?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The weather in the area the week of Missy's murder was stormy all week. The ground was soaked, the rain was torrential for several days of that week. Here's a blog from a local station.
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/weather/weather-blog-heavy-rain-in-north-texas/136970357 if you read down the page you can see those reports are for April 18.

I doubt that a person wearing that outfit or carrying a bag with that costume in it could make that hike in the lightning, rain and mud and come out looking pristine like the SP in the video.

Could it be that the car waiting at the gun store was there to pick up the person after they took the dirt road? I live in Texas...It is possible to run through that mud. Maybe it is grassier than we think. The Sp could have changed into boots just to run in the mud then took them off once he got to the highway. Always possible.

I have watched so many cold cases that were solved when a new set of eyes looked at the
case years later; when new eyes looked at the case they found leads not followed up, evidence not considered important, so many areas of investigation that were left lacking until
someone cared enough, and was sharp enough to find the perp.

But BB did know about CW. How did he know?

That is the $64,000 question. I would very much like to know that answer, as well as the answer to when he knew and whether or not anyone else knew (and who they were) prior to the murder.

As you know, my theory of this case depends on Missy's current activity (or continuing activities if they never really stopped) to be the catalyst for SP to be motivated to murder her. I believe that if Missy had not become involved with CW (or anyone else after the prior episode) she would be alive today.

Who is KC?

I have watched so many cold cases that were solved when a new set of eyes looked at the
case years later; when new eyes looked at the case they found leads not followed up, evidence not considered important, so many areas of investigation that were left lacking until
someone cared enough, and was sharp enough to find the perp.
That will absolutely be the situation with this case, absent a walk-in surprise confession, in my opinion.

That is the $64,000 question. I would very much like to know that answer, as well as the answer to when he knew and whether or not anyone else knew (and who they were) prior to the murder.

As you know, my theory of this case depends on Missy's current activity (or continuing activities if they never really stopped) to be the catalyst for SP to be motivated to murder her. I believe that if Missy had not become involved with CW (or anyone else after the prior episode) she would be alive today.
To what extent does "involved" mean? I don't think we know if a physical hookup ever occurred. And I was under the impression that the
"texting" only occurred on Linked In.

Someone was snooping or being a tattletale.

And Missy was a goner with or
without CW. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads