TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the $64,000 question. I would very much like to know that answer, as well as the answer to when he knew and whether or not anyone else knew (and who they were) prior to the murder.

As you know, my theory of this case depends on Missy's current activity (or continuing activities if they never really stopped) to be the catalyst for SP to be motivated to murder her. I believe that if Missy had not become involved with CW (or anyone else after the prior episode) she would be alive today.
In your theory, how do you think your perp came to know about CW?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Could it be that the car waiting at the gun store was there to pick up the person after they took the dirt road? I live in Texas...It is possible to run through that mud. Maybe it is grassier than we think. The Sp could have changed into boots just to run in the mud then took them off once he got to the highway. Always possible.

Wouldn't that place the Altima at the SWFA between 4:25 and 5:00 then? As far as we know, the altima was only there for around 6 minutes at 2:00.

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

Brandon believes his wife walked in on a robbery. Police told him the suspect was rummaging from room to room and spent several minutes in the kitchen before his wife arrived.

“I don’t think she was targeted,” he said.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

They’re also checking out surveillance video from nearby businesses and hope to find a picture of the suspect’s vehicle.

Although nothing was taken at the church, several windows and doors were broken and police have recovered tools the suspect used to bust the glass.

Brandon Bevers, the husband of a Texas fitness instructor who was found dead inside a church last month just before she was to teach an early morning class, believes his wife knew her killer.

“I still think whoever this person was knew my wife and had a motive,” Bevers tells PEOPLE. “There’s no doubt about it.”
http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-fitness-instructors-husband-says-it-had-to-be-someone-she-knew/

I'm bringing these forward from our wonderful members who posted them in the Media and Timeline thread.
One post in particular I couldn't copy and paste is from page #3 post #45.
While I was reviewing some of these particularly post #45 I noticed there is no longer a valid link. Does anyone know who originally made the referenced statement?

I'm giving lots of credit to arkansasmimi because the vast majority of the posts are from her hard work.

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Brandon believes his wife walked in on a robbery. Police told him the suspect was rummaging from room to room and spent several minutes in the kitchen before his wife arrived.

They’re also checking out surveillance video from nearby businesses and hope to find a picture of the suspect’s vehicle.

Although nothing was taken at the church, several windows and doors were broken and police have recovered tools the suspect used to bust the glass.

Brandon Bevers, the husband of a Texas fitness instructor who was found dead inside a church last month just before she was to teach an early morning class, believes his wife knew her killer.

“I still think whoever this person was knew my wife and had a motive,” Bevers tells PEOPLE. “There’s no doubt about it.”
http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-fitness-instructors-husband-says-it-had-to-be-someone-she-knew/

I'm bringing these forward from our wonderful members who posted them in the Media and Timeline thread.
While I was reviewing some of these particularly post #45 I noticed there is no longer a valid link. Does anyone know who originally made the referenced statement?

I'm giving lots of credit to arkansasmimi because the vast majority of the posts are from her hard work.
Thank you for kind words. But there is a group effort here and everyone's input is appreciated and their special skills and footwork gathering sourced information is valuable. Jmho

That you did! And the 2 SWFA replies stayed up for a of couple days then were deleted. I have ss to know we were not crazy lol! Thanks again

I wonder if SWFA was advised to stop responding directly to the public about a video that is evidence, potentially...

Not really what LE said.

""There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcd...uld have picked up where this car was parked?

Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public.

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

So are they comfortable with releasing the make and model now since the perps car was seen on video?

Or should we assume that the Nissan was the car at the church.

Can they tell us when the car left?

Wth. They said they couldn't get the license plate. But obviously they had the car used during the crime.

So maybe we could have compared people with a distinct gait and similar car during that time.

Jmo

I think Altima is definitely SP and I think LE knows it and possibly SWFA knows too. LE and SWFA have more video than us. LE has said there was a vehicle seen in the far corner of the church parking lot but not enough to release to public not even the color of that vehicle. Wonder why? They know whether that vehicle matches the Altima or not. Why ask for public help on Altima if it didn't match the one seen?

SWFA is likely frustrated as we are with the lack of solving this case but knows the Altima connects so they finally release video hoping public might identify car owner. IMO

BBM
SWFA releasing the video due to frustration of no arrest makes sense. Maybe they were hoping it would ramp up conversations and/or to put pressure on LE. Like I've said before, I think the SWFA video was altered to blur, darken, etc., prior to being uploaded to their YouTube page. SWFA is obviously aware of the importance of security and loss prevention. They wouldn't release a video showing the public their security system is lacking after hours and under certain weather conditions. Businesses that invest in security systems don't compromise the integrity of their system by displaying their weakness on a billboard. Either way, I applaud them for doing their part in finding JUSTICE for MISSY.

Not really what LE said.

""There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcd...estigation-376269831.html?amp=y?client=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I hadn't thought it was other then the church parking lot.

Copied link and the sentence before.
bbm, video would indicate that the car would have been seen coming and going. jmo idk

Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public.

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Cannonball, do you know if we were able to determine which camera would have picked up where this car was parked?

No, we haven't been given enough info. It could be the Altima or a different car. It could be an interior camera at the church that picks up the car out a window. It could be that Johnson was referring to the SWFA video but wasn't well enough acquainted with it himself to characterize it properly. Who knows?

So are they comfortable with releasing the make and model now since the perps car was seen on video?

Or should we assume that the Nissan was the car at the church.

Can they tell us when the car left?

Wth. They said they couldn't get the license plate. But obviously they had the car used during the crime.

So maybe we could have compared people with a distinct gait and similar car during that time.

Jmo

I'm confused .., they had the car? You mean one at SWFA?

BBM
SWFA releasing the video due to frustration of no arrest makes sense. Maybe they were hoping it would ramp up conversations and/or to put pressure on LE. Like I've said before, I think the SWFA video was altered to blur, darken, etc., prior to being uploaded to their YouTube page. SWFA is obviously aware of the importance of security and loss prevention. They wouldn't release a video showing the public their security system is lacking after hours and under certain weather conditions. Businesses that invest in security systems don't compromise the integrity of their system by displaying their weakness on a billboard. Either way, I applaud them for doing their part in finding JUSTICE for MISSY.

Great point!

Not really what LE said.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcd...estigation-376269831.html?amp=y?client=safari

We may be over-thinking and over-analyzing this part. The statement was made the day after the murder and the SWFA video hadn't been made public or acknowledged, there was only one video being discussed (or parts released). The CCOC one.

Also, the SWFA camera can only catch the front of the church. We can be 99.9% sure if SP had his choice of parking spots in the lot, it would be behind the building (where he broke in) and not up front, visible to the highway and SWFA cameras.

And if it was an inside camera (which I strongly believe it was), then any footage would be of the parking lot, as the parking lot surrounds the church (and woods, brush and fields surround the parking lot.)

In your theory, how do you think your perp came to know about CW?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

His statement is specifically (and well) worded:

"I believe that if Missy had not become involved with CW (or anyone else after the prior episode) she would be alive today."

That leaves the door open to BB, RB, CW, CT, spouses, spurned lovers, connections she made because of on-going activity, and a good-size number of the usually suspects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is getting at a broad realm of motivation.

BB pointed out the affair with CW. CW did NOT come forward to LE. His wife was shocked when LE knocked on his door. We know this from previous info released. CW's size and height fit SP info. CW has a past broken right foot. CW has military background. CW communicated with MB via LinkedIn. CW has a lot to loose if the affair is brought public....his wife and children, his job, and his career.

Did I miss anything? Anyone know their vehicles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CW does not live in the area. I don't think it has ever been said whether or not CW reached out to LE. LE did seek SW information without CW's knowledge.

I do not agree that CW would lose his job or career over an affair, in fact, I think that's kind of silly since he is just some average Joe and not a minister, politician or public figure, and people have affairs all the time. One of the reasons married people with kids have affairs with other married people with kids is so that they have an equal interest in keeping it secret, and each party has just as much to lose.

Without intending to, I think you make a stronger case for BB being part of a plot to eliminate MB and making it look like CW did it, with BB pointing him out to LE.

I do not see CW having a motive. JMO

We may be over-thinking and over-analyzing this part. The statement was made the day after the murder and the SWFA video hadn't been made public or acknowledged, there was only one video being discussed (or parts released). The CCOC one.

Also, the SWFA camera can only catch the front of the church. We can be 99.9% sure if SP had his choice of parking spots in the lot, it would be behind the building (where he broke in) and not up front, visible to the highway and SWFA cameras.

And if it was an inside camera (which I strongly believe it was), then any footage would be of the parking lot, as the parking lot surrounds the church (and woods, brush and fields surround the parking lot.)

On the 18th, MPD said in the presser that they had collected video from "a couple" of nearby businesses. We can certainly assume one of them is SWFA. The other is unknown.

What I would like to know is the context of Johnson making the remark about the car being seen parked in the distance. I believe he said that on Apr. 19 but I couldn't find the reference. What question was he responding to?

On the 18th, MPD said in the presser that they had collected video from "a couple" of nearby businesses. We can certainly assume one of them is SWFA. The other is unknown.

What I would like to know is the context of Johnson making the remark about the car being seen parked in the distance. I believe he said that on Apr. 19 but I couldn't find the reference. What question was he responding to?

Welp. We do know that the Nissan wasn't at the gun store lot after a certain time. So I think they were originally talking about the church video.
And her killer being parked there.

BBM

Here is another link with the same article:

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160516/NEWS/160519516

-Nin

CW does not live in the area. I don't think it has ever been said whether or not CW reached out to LE. LE did seek SW information without CW's knowledge.

I do not agree that CW would lose his job or career over an affair, in fact, I think that's kind of silly since he is just some average Joe and not a minister, politician or public figure, and people have affairs all the time. One of the reasons married people with kids have affairs with other married people with kids is so that they have an equal interest in keeping it secret, and each party has just as much to lose.

Without intending to, I think you make a stronger case for BB being part of a plot to eliminate MB and making it look like CW did it, with BB pointing him out to LE.

I do not see CW having a motive. JMO
This is exactly what I have thought as soon as it was known that BB knew and informed LE of the affairs, that it made him the top suspect. Few husbands are OK with this. But looking at the court record I see no filing for divorce. Did they have an open marriage? Why didn't he file for divorce? Why did he make a point of saying that she loved him when he knew she was having affairs? Do you think he was naive and thought he could say one thing to the press and another to LE? IMO the daily I love you text makes me think she did not know he knew. If he was silent, was it because he didn't want to take action, because his health was not good so he just had to such it up, or busy involved in his own liason outside the marraige?
I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when he told them he knew his wife was having affairs with other men and know how he explained how he explained he knew about it and how he felt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018