TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched so many cold cases that were solved when a new set of eyes looked at the
case years later; when new eyes looked at the case they found leads not followed up, evidence not considered important, so many areas of investigation that were left lacking until
someone cared enough, and was sharp enough to find the perp.

Exactly! if MPD released the total video of the inside of the church, LOTS of new eyes could help out!

Welp. We do know that the Nissan wasn't at the gun store lot after a certain time. So I think they were originally talking about the church video.
And her killer being parked there.
I agree with this. The way it's worded makes it sound like church video since we know SWFA showed a lot more than just a car parked in a far corner, but it is possible I guess they meant the SWFA video. We don't know for sure. Either way though it sounds like they believe whichever car to be connected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Later info from MPD supersedes that. Just like one of the first SWs said MB died of "a blow to the head" which was later clarified to "puncture wounds to the head and chest."
Though they said she had puncture wounds to the head and chest, i think they said she died of a puncture wound to the head. And did they say with an unknown instrument in their final version?

In your theory, how do you think your perp came to know about CW?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Any number of ways. Generally, the spouse is the last to know and often learns others knew or suspected but said nothing.

MB could have told someone.
BB could have discovered and told someone.
Someone could have seen MB with someone not BB.
Depending on exactly how and where MB and CW first encountered each other - I suspect in person - there may have been others around that would know about it.
Perhaps MB had a friend that also was running around and that friend told people.

So all of that would feed through some circles or to individuals.

Not to mention people who knew about the previous episode might have observed the same behaviors creeping out again so they could figure it out.

There are many ways.

Adding to that, he was actually out of work for a period of time for some sort of health reasons. I believe , if memory serves me correctly that he had some sort of a procedure just a few days before going on his bucket list trip.
Yes one day before.

Though they said she had puncture wounds to the head and chest, i think they said she died of a puncture wound to the head. And did they say with an unknown instrument in their final version?
They never said she died of a puncture wound to the head only that she had puncture wounds.

The unknown instrument came from the Truck warrant or the MB iPhone/iPad warrant early on the first day. The puncture wounds turned up in warrants right after that but were no longer mentioned in warrants starting with the 20th (Facebook warrants).

Exactly! if MPD released the total video of the inside of the church, LOTS of new eyes could help out!

TY, have been saying this since the beginning...jmo it's interesting that they don't show it all...

Cannonball, do you know if we were able to determine which camera would have picked up where this car was parked?
If it were a camera in the church I can see only two possibilities.

The camera in the SW corner that is looking to the North. Or a camera in the middle of the West hall looking toward the large glass main entry. No other cameras in the church would be able to see the parking lots.

Timestamped video would help even more and a version that has a 4/3 aspect ratio (adjusted from fisheye) rather than 854x480.

I would just prefer the raw clips. There should be many of those. The "one scene" sequence where we see SP in the west hall over by the bulletin board and then entering a room and messing with the door next to it is at least 5 video clips stitched together (and possibly 6) the longest one of those clips being where SP has already turned and then starts walking to the south hall.

Can someone refresh my memory? Was her MIL the one who was called to go be with the girls or did she call KS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.. just because I actually had time this week to dive back into the snooping...I discovered MB had started another business activity. Not sure what I can and cannot post here but it is worth a look and gives me something to do on this Saturday night :)

Are you referencing Thrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No other cameras in the church would be able to see the parking lots.

I don't think we know all of the security cameras on the property (or do we?) and which ones were working and recording. I would guess that some of the SP footage we haven't seen is from different cameras in the building we don't know about.

For example - we have seen footage of SP from the two cams on the SW side of the building but have not seen any footage from the doors on the other side of the main hallway. One would assume they had the same 2 camera/2 direction set up at the other end. There might be cams on at the other exterior doors as well - and there is space near those other doors to park a car. There may have been one exterior camera at the back of the building that was working and barely caught the edge of the car parked near the kitchen door.

I don't think the car was located in the parking lot. I think it was pulled up close to the building, mostly hidden from the driveway between the kitchen door and the back of the building.

It's really frustrating knowing that the "range" that triggers the cameras to turn on is so much smaller than the visual range the camera captures. If we assume both sides of the main hallway were set up the same, there is a giant "blind spot" in the middle where there could be movement but the cameras would not engage. It's even a larger blind spot if the foyer cameras (from which we have not seen any footage) were trained on the "front" door of the building.

At one point we had a floorplan that estimated camera locations and ranges that i thought was very helpful - but I think the entire back-half of the building was mostly unmarked on the diagram.

His statement is specifically (and well) worded:
[/B]
"I believe that if Missy had not become involved with CW (or anyone else after the prior episode) she would be alive today."

That leaves the door open to BB, RB, CW, CT, spouses, spurned lovers, connections she made because of on-going activity, and a good-size number of the usually suspects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is getting at a broad realm of motivation.

Who
made the statement ("specific and well worded")?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14