TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing a photo early on of a car parked on the church lot that the Midlothian Police department posted on their website along with images of the perp in the church. I've been looking and can't seem to find the car picture anywhere but believe it is the same car we've been sleuthing. It is NOT the photo showing the round sticker on the back end of the car but rather a photo of a car parked in a lot and then pulling away. Now that all the video surveillance has been released from the gun shop, I'm interested in looking at the still shots that were captured at the church. Further, if the police had those pics so early on, they would also have still shots or video of the perp exiting the car and heading into the church as well. Anyone else remember seeing those photos early on?

try archive.org the way back machine and see if it captured an imagine on that date

Are you sure you're those were not the still photos of the silver Altima from the SWFA surveillance cameras? They initially released those in hopes someone would recognize a silver Altima that had that distinct oval bumper sticker.
PattheRat: I studied the stats you sent re the 2012 Altima.

The Saharan Sand has the blonde interior, only. Are we certain this car is silver?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe the missing ones were cameras situated in such a way that rain was collecting on them and making them unusable?

Even one of the views we do have was partially obscured by a raindrop.

Might be worthwhile to check the direction and strength of the wind at 2 am that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything is possible, but it is known that all the lights were off on the vehicle as it passed or stopped both of the cameras furthest back in the bottom picture I posted. That would get us the best chance at the rear plate and decal because in all other camera views of the rear plate the license plate light makes it a Quixotic quest to get anything useful from those views.

I don't know why they would make editorial content decisions like that - not including all cameras - if they were simply interested in getting information out that might lead to Missy's killer. Why make that effort? Just piece them together. How much longer could the video have been? Another 2 or 3 minutes?

I appreciate them putting the video out. At the same time I can't shake the idea that MPD has had a hand in this somehow. That is, they are fishing and the video is the bait or this is once again some message. I don't expect that there is anything in this video or the raw video or the footage we are missing that we could discover that MPD or their LE partners couldn't in terms of license plate, items that can be seen in the car, etc.

Maybe, but those types of things aren't cheap, right?

What's the going rate for a professional hit of that caliber these days?

Who had or has the money to finance something like that, and why?

"Follow the money" -- as they always say... if it's a hit, it's professional... but I don't see anything about MB that warrants investing a huge sum of money into having her killed.
Cases I've followed involving hired hits often involve life insurance payouts covering the cost of the hired hitman. Of course this arrangement would likely require a front-end payment and be followed up with the remaining balance after the hit was carried out and insurance money received. The payer would risk being taken out themselves if they failed to come through with the payoff.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Maybe, but those types of things aren't cheap, right?

What's the going rate for a professional hit of that caliber these days?

Who had or has the money to finance something like that, and why?

"Follow the money" -- as they always say... if it's a hit, it's professional... but I don't see anything about MB that warrants investing a huge sum of money into having her killed.
Could also look at "cost avoidance" for the cost of divorce, ie., property settlement, child support, possible alimony, impact on family-owned businesses, etc.

Could also look at "cost avoidance" for the cost of divorce, ie., property settlement, child support, possible alimony, impact on family-owned businesses, etc.

It's possible that this was planned months in advance which would also help put some money aside monthly. JMO

LE may have footage and exact timing of SP arriving at the church from SWFA but they are not telling us so they don't help SP create an alibi for that timing.
To you guys who know more about security cameras - the camera recording the Altima turning off the hwy seem to be recording all the time. But are all the cameras recording? Is it possible or probable that the other cameras are motion activated? Or triggered by the first camera? I saw somewhere that SWFA said they had other views of the Altima but they were grainy and not as useful. Also some cameras are black and white and some color it even seems some are indoors but viewing outdoors. It is normal for a building to have a variety of cameras, some that are always on and others that are triggered?

Cases I've followed involving hired hits often involve life insurance payouts covering the cost of the hired hitman. Of course this arrangement would likely require a front-end payment and be followed up with the remaining balance after the hit was carried out and insurance money received. The payer would risk being taken out themselves if they failed to come through with the payoff.

5220898ee9bd5a1cdb3ad8be27884310.png
646361d2112ce7e74b7ef188714901d8.png

Just an example ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ill-prepares-prison-release-just-7-years.html

To you guys who know more about security cameras - the camera recording the Altima turning off the hwy seem to be recording all the time. But are all the cameras recording? Is it possible or probable that the other cameras are motion activated? Or triggered by the first camera? I saw somewhere that SWFA said they had other views of the Altima but they were grainy and not as useful. Also some cameras are black and white and some color it even seems some are indoors but viewing outdoors. It is normal for a building to have a variety of cameras, some that are always on and others that are triggered?
My best guess is that the cameras there are always recording. For a building like this one, with what they have inside there (in terms of value), I would think that it would be more likely than not to be normal to have constantly recording cameras. Insurance companies probably insist on it.

Very good !!!

I posted question very early if campers' vehicles or gym bags had been searched but I don't remember ever seeing a response and I'm not willing to assume that responding LE did this. I'm still very curious about this and it could explain how SP left.

I found it! I saved the two photos on my old laptop! The attached photos were on the Midlothian police website along with photos of the perp very early in the investigation. Notice it doesn't appear to be raining! Did the perp visit the church on another day, when it wasn't raining and the police were able to grab these photos? I have not been able to find them online anywhere now but thankfully still had them on my old laptop. Is this the same car as the one shown on the surveillance video from the gun shop?

These are the silver vehicle that dropped off the 2 people who carjacked the grandma at the Midlothian Walmart. A lot of people have noticed similarities between the car used in this case along with the gait of one of the carjackers.

PattheRat: I studied the stats you sent re the 2012 Altima.

The Saharan Sand has the blonde interior, only. Are we certain this car is silver?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

No, we are not certain. I believe they are only making an educated guess based on the surveillance video. Saharan Sand is certainly a possibility.

Please remember to add links to your sources, otherwise your post gets removed.

:wave:

My best guess is that the cameras there are always recording. For a building like this one, with what they have inside there (in terms of value), I would think that it would be more likely than not to be normal to have constantly recording cameras. Insurance companies probably insist on it.

Also, since this is basically an armory, I would not be surprised if they had real and fake cameras blanketing the facility. Some of the exterior cameras may be decoys to show a total and complete might (from the highway) to anyone considering a crime at the gun store. We may have all the footage available from the actual cameras running (which, by the way pretty much cover the entire facility).

I kinda believe (like others) that LE has enhanced the altima video images better than we have been able to. Are the plates really not visible? Or were the plates stolen?

I'm afraid that the majority of investigative work being done right now is hard-core analytical -- it's not showy and possibly a reason for mostly silence from LE. It takes thousands of man hours to sift through every light colored 2010 - 2012 altima registered in the state of texas and other nearby states and make a connection to MB or to burglaries/mischief or to LE.

So.. just because I actually had time this week to dive back into the snooping...I discovered MB had started another business activity. Not sure what I can and cannot post here but it is worth a look and gives me something to do on this Saturday night :)

How do I go look at the new business venture?

So basically a show producer (or NG herself) is following this forum. Literally addressing exactly what we've been discussing the past few days.

Let's work together. :)
Lol NG has from the very beginning getting information from WS. Even reading FB Affidavit that Cannonball got with FOIA in the podcast lol

Maybe the puncture wounds were the murderer's attempts to recover a bullet from inside the body.

MPD has said they will not release the actual cause of death, which leads me to believe the puncture wounds from the hammer or pry bar were not what ultimately killed her. So if that's the case, why have those additional injuries? Hate/anger for MB? Didn't want MB's family to have an open casket funeral? Trying to keep police from knowing how she was really killed?
I've always believed this to be a very personal, brutal murder by someone who literally hated MB. This person, IMO, wanted to destroy her. They were either angry that MB was obsessed with her looks and body and put her self-absorption over her husband and children or someone wanted to inflict the most damage to areas that she used to attract a lover. If the murderer had used the tool to remove a bullet, why two different areas of concentration?

I've always believed this to be a very personal, brutal murder by someone who literally hated MB. This person, IMO, wanted to destroy her. They were either angry that MB was obsessed with her looks and body and put her self-absorption over her husband and children or someone wanted to inflict the most damage to areas that she used to attract a lover. If the murderer had used the tool to remove a bullet, why two different areas of concentration?

Agree!!

I doubt we would ever know before a trial since I don't think we would get the autopsy report before then but an awful lot will depend on if the all of the puncture wounds were inflicted arbitrarily or some or all of them were deliberately placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025