TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have stated they believe that Missy was targetted AND they have also stated they are also considering she may NOT have been targetted. It is what it is. Do not tell others what to theorize about or how to post. If you cannot agree scroll and roll. Period.

Sources: Police believe slain Midlothian mom was targeted

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

According to a new search warrant released by law enforcement officials in Midlothian on Thursday, murdered fitness instructor Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship “external to the marriage.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/

Midlothian Murder May Have Been Targeted Attack

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/midlothian-murder-may-have-been-targeted-attack/434743764

In surveillance video, the suspect can be seen wandering the halls of the church dressed head-to-toe in police SWAT gear. The suspect could be a man or a woman, officials said. The heavy tactical gear makes it hard to identify the individual. The motive behind the attack remains unclear. Authorities stated that Bevers may have interrupted a burglary.

However, some clues suggest that this was a targeted attack.

This was early on. After exploring leads and following evidence they said they didn't believe it had to do with a love triangle and they were exploring untargeted hit. You cannot refute that.

Care to share what this nonsense is about? Either you believe what KS had to say or you don't. Either the KC/MB relationship occurred or it didn't. Either the MB/CW relationship occurred or it didn't. Do you believe that BB and his family are just making this stuff up?
Your answer to me today was, "you're the one who said sexual relationship. I did not". That caught me by surprise. So I referenced where you were talking "before the affair went underground". So I left you the definition of affair: A sexual relationship between 2 married people who are not married to each other." I guess it's six of one, half dozen of another.

I feel as though some posters here are making Missy's behavior the reason she was murdered.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I never understood the term "untargeted hit". Can someone explain? When I hear "hit", I think murder for hire. That, in my mind, means there must be a target. (Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.)

IMHO, LE and family believe Missy was targeted. LE's later statement that they no longer believed she was targeted due to a love triangle and that they are now looking into the possibility that she was not targeted says to me that theory #1 (related to outside relationships) didn't pan out and now they are exploring other avenues - as they should. They could be exploring a host of other theories. Until/if this case is solved, new leads very well could lead them back to theory 1 (or any other theory, or a previously unconsidered theory.

IMHO, nothing is off the table yet.

I never understood the term "untargeted hit". Can someone explain? When I hear "hit", I think murder for hire. That, in my mind, means there must be a target. (Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.)

IMHO, LE and family believe Missy was targeted. LE's later statement that they no longer believed she was targeted due to a love triangle and that they are now looking into the possibility that she was not targeted says to me that theory #1 (related to outside relationships) didn't pan out and now they are exploring other avenues - as they should. They could be exploring a host of other theories. Until/if this case is solved, new leads very well could lead them back to theory 1 (or any other theory, or a previously unconsidered theory.

bbm Exactly, but that to me does not mean she was not targeted.

bbm As they should.

I personally think she was targeted, not sure why or by who but I do believe that person came there to kill her. jmo

This was early on. After exploring leads and following evidence they said they didn't believe it had to do with a love triangle and they were exploring untargeted hit. You cannot refute that.

bbm No it didn't have to do with a love triangle.

bbm I can refute anything I want to, it's my opine it was a targeted murder. jmo

I feel as though some posters here are making Missy's behavior the reason she was murdered.

Isn't that a broad definition of a targeted hit? A targeted hit would come about if either something she was OR something she did (behavior)/said, prompted her demise.

Since nothing she was (a middle class, small-town fitness instructor) would generally give rise to a hit. They are looking at something she may have did/said that provoked this extreme reaction. Thus all the SW on her communication. Correct me if my thinking is wrong.

I think some are overthinking the "untargeted hit" language. When LE is asked a question "live" by a reporter, they're not always going to say the precise thing they mean. I think he said "hit" when he really just meant a killing or murder. He certainly didn't mean to say two words that contradict one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your answer to me today was, "you're the one who said sexual relationship. I did not". That caught me by surprise. So I referenced where you were talking "before the affair went underground". So I left you the definition of affair: A sexual relationship between 2 married people who are not married to each other." I guess it's six of one, half dozen of another.

There is no requirement for sex in order to have an affair. There are what are known as emotional affairs. They can be just as problematic as physical affairs.

That said, if someone were to ask SP the reason why they murdered Missy what do you think they would say? If you asked them what particular event or activity was the catalyst to get them thinking about or planning her murder what do you think it might be?

I just happen to be of the opinion that her most recent extra-marital behavior had everything to do with her murder. Is that not a viable motivation for SP?

It certainly isn't Missy's fault that SP took the action that they did. SP did that on their own. SP did it for some reason.

bbm Exactly, but that to me does not mean she was not targeted.

bbm As they should.

I personally think she was targeted, not sure why or by who but I do believe that person came there to kill her. jmo
I totally agree with you. IMO it can be a targeted hit for other reasons than from a "love triangle" connection. That said, I think it would be totally ridiculous to exclude friends and family in this investigation.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

There is no requirement for sex in order to have an affair. There are what are known as emotional affairs. They can be just as problematic as physical affairs.

That said, if someone were to ask SP the reason why they murdered Missy what do you think they would say? If you asked them what particular event or activity was the catalyst to get them thinking about or planning her murder what do you think it might be?

I just happen to be of the opinion that her most recent extra-marital behavior had everything to do with her murder. Is that not a viable motivation for SP?

It certainly isn't Missy's fault that SP took the action that they did. SP did that on their own. SP did it for some reason.
She was murdered because:

She would get half the assets otherwise

I found someone I wanted to be with more than you

She knew too much about the illegal drugs being sold in the gym

Someone paid me to do it

She interrupted my burglary in process and I had to kill her

I wanted her life

Her instruction at CG got be seriously injured and I'll never be the same

My husband thinks she's adorable

She was going to out the stuff she was selling because it was a cover
for heroin

I saw her at school and I had to have her.

I tried to get her to notice me but she just wasn't interested

She was against me dating her daughter

How's that for starters?

Mental health. Whoever committed this heinous murder will always justify it to go along their own personal opinions. I still can not rule out a female because mental health , revenge and hatred can amount to a huge burden for a person who thinks in the abstract tunnel. I'm scared of heights but i will tackle the height if I am driven to it. Never estimate the wrath of a female who feels they were run over by a bus emotionally. some will walk away, some will act.

Someone paid me to do it

I wanted her life

for heroin

How's that for starters?

I believe that covers it..!!

"untargeted hit" is an oxymoron. The term has bugged me. I've always taken it to mean an "untargeted murder" and that the killer did not have any motive to kill Missy nor was the killer hired to kill Missy.

I think some are overthinking the "untargeted hit" language. When LE is asked a question "live" by a reporter, they're not always going to say the precise thing they mean. I think he said "hit" when he really just meant a killing or murder. He certainly didn't mean to say two words that contradict one another.

Maybe.

Or untargeted hit could = thrill kill

Someone paid me to do it

I wanted her life

for heroin

How's that for starters?

I thought perhaps you might actually have an opinion on a specific motive for SP rather than a laundry list of many possible motives for any number of possible people known or unknown to Missy. Most likely it was the way I phrased the questions because I wasn't expecting a list. My mistake. That one is on me.

I still think LE knows who did this and they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's before they make an arrest.

Jmo

I feel law enforcement has a pretty good idea of who the killer is...but they just don't have enough evidence to charge her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper