TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to keep in mind with that video sequence is that MPD slowed it down. Everything that happened in that sequence happened quicker than we see it. And considering the glass you see on the floor in the hall they have to be pulling some or most of the glass toward them rather than simply smashing the glass in.

It's interesting that they slow that sequence down AND zoom there... It definitely appears that SP seems to be pulling debris outward. I wonder if it's intentional or just seems to clear the glass easier?

Although we don't know in what time sequence that portion of video occurs - the white 'box' isn't seen in the other video. At least it isn't easily recognizable in the later clips, at least to me.

RSBMFF
This firearm with a serial number is interesting because I have never heard of an officer's weapon being confiscated at the scene of a crime unless the officer actually fired his weapon.

Could one have been confiscated from an officer after autopsy? Was this firearm possibly planted somewhere in the Church that may be part of the ECSD investigations into stolen/missing evidence, specifically firearms?

I tend to believe the firearm was found in the Ford truck since the title and registration are mentioned.

BBM

I keep coming back to exactly that since the very beginning of the case.

-Nin

After I heard about local LE officers being involved with stolen/confiscated guns and terminated for their involvement this has been a big hitter for me too. I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a connection. I can't say how it fits into the puzzle, but IMO it's a piece of the puzzle.

The tower dump would provide them with info on all the numbers that used those towers, not just the target #s. Right?

Yes, all numbers that connected.

A lot of people suspected MPD brought in NYPD to assist because of their experience with analyzing tower dumps and their use of a cell phone tower simulating device called the Stingray:

"Schulte says if investigators do in fact use the cell site simulators, he believes they’d focus of the church where the mystery person in tactical gear attacked Missy, and the Bevers’ neighborhood.

“If someone keeps coming back to the crime scene, which happens a lot in murder cases, they are going to be able to identify the person because of the data coming from the Stingray,” said Schulte.

The Stingray device, according to a New York Post article earlier this year, gathers telephone numbers from neighborhoods by mimicking a cell tower, allowing it to identify unique subscriber numbers. It’s not known if this the exact technology being used in Midlothian."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/06/...xperts-to-assist-bevers-murder-investigation/

RSBMFF

This firearm with a serial number is interesting because I have never heard of an officer's weapon being confiscated at the scene of a crime unless the officer actually fired his weapon.

Could one have been confiscated from an officer after autopsy? Was this firearm possibly planted somewhere in the Church that may be part of the ECSD investigations into stolen/missing evidence, specifically firearms?

I tend to believe the firearm was found in the Ford truck since the title and registration are mentioned.

Here are the cell phone towers nearest to Creekside Church and SWFA. Just for reference, Creekside is about 6.5 miles from Midlothian and 6.3 miles from Waxahachie.
attachment.php

two tiny snips by me

Therefore, we can anticipate obtaining any communications data that occurred on those cell towers from any of the target numbers within that specified 5 mile circumference from the Church.

We know they had SW for ATT towers within a 5 mile radius of the church. A cell phone can ping a tower up to a distance of 21 miles and will ping to the clearest (signal) tower. Does anyone know if there are any other cell phone providers with towers within 5 or 20 miles of the church?

Jmo
I dont think Missy was killed by anyone she knew. I do think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
To me she entered the church while it was being cased or robbed and she was attacked and killed. I do not believe she was targeted.

I do not think it will be solved either.

The tower dump would provide them with info on all the numbers that used those towers, not just the target #s. Right?

Correct, ALL cell phones that pinged the towers on the date/time of the SW would be in the dump. Legally I would think MPD would need another SW for pings beyond the times/dates listed in the ATT SW.

We know they had SW for ATT towers within a 5 mile radius of the church. A cell phone can ping a tower up to a distance of 21 miles and will ping to the clearest (signal) tower. Does anyone know if there are any other cell phone providers with towers within 5 or 20 miles of the church?

The map is for all towers regardless of provider. Only 2 AT&T towers are within 5 miles of the church (see a couple posts up.) If we bump it up to search for all AT&T towers within 10 miles of the church, we triple the number:

RFT3797 WAXAHACHIE115 115 LUCAS ST WAXAHACHIE TX

RFT3798 WAXAHACHIE315 315 N COLLEGE ST WAXAHACHIE TX

RFT3295 CEDAR HILL601 601 BELTLINE RD CEDAR HILL TX

RFT3372 DESOTO801 801 S HAMPTON RD DESOTO TX

RFT3625 MIDLOTHIAN219 219 NORTH 7TH STREET MIDLOTHIAN TX

RFT3675 RED OAK105 105 METHODIST ST RED OAK TX

Here are the cell phone towers nearest to Creekside Church and SWFA. Just for reference, Creekside is about 6.5 miles from Midlothian and 6.3 miles from Waxahachie.
View attachment 108480

From the ATT Cell Tower Dump SW
Cell tower records for AT&T cell towers located within a five (5) mile radius of 5401 East
U.S Highway 287, Midlothian, Texas 76065 (32.446685/-96.924077) during the time frame
of Monday, April 18th 2016 from 3:00am to 5:00am. This information is believed to be
imperative in locating a suspect(s) in the MURDER investigation of Terri “Missy” Leann
Bevers that occurred on Monday, April 18th, 2016.

Here are those ATT Towers on May 5, 2016 att towers 5 miles within church 1.JPG

Keep in mind that the police would not necessarily require a search warrant to obtain the cell phone ping data:

"The government does not need a warrant to access the location data created on an ordinary, often minute-to-minute basis by cellphones and logged with cell providers, the Sixth Circuit for the U.S. Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday.

The ruling adds to a growing consensus among federal appeals courts that law enforcement can request this type of data—called “cell-site location information,” or CSLI—without violating the Fourth Amendment’s protection against unreasonable search or seizure."

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...rcuit-cellphone-tracking-csli-warrant/478197/

From the ATT Cell Tower Dump SW
Cell tower records for AT&T cell towers located within a five (5) mile radius of 5401 East
U.S Highway 287, Midlothian, Texas 76065 (32.446685/-96.924077) during the time frame
of Monday, April 18th 2016 from 3:00am to 5:00am. This information is believed to be
imperative in locating a suspect(s) in the MURDER investigation of Terri “Missy” Leann
Bevers that occurred on Monday, April 18th, 2016.

Here are those ATT Towers on May 5, 2016 View attachment 108492

Only 2 of those towers on the map are within 5 miles of the church. The others are within about a 10 mile range.

Here are the AT&T towers within 20 miles of the church. I am suspecting that amount of data might be overwhelming for them (includes parts of Dallas and Fort Worth).

ATT Towers.jpg

EDIT: Let me point out this is just those AT&T towers NORTH of the church. If we try to include towers to the south, it states there are over 100 towers and requires the search to be refined.

RSBMFF

Nothing in the SW for the truck mentions anything about a firearm in her truck. There are items listed. IF it was listed on an inventory report for the towing company, jmho that wouldn't be released either.

JMHO my opinion comes from the wording sited,
"Section 108(b)(1) excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ju5m1k31i20tu/Bevers ORA request response.pdf?dl=0

and family members in LEO. It is documented when they are at a scene when they unholster their firearm (or their departments do). You have to look at what was requested by the 3 Media.

Exhibit E only thing left on Mr. Pertiz list not addressed is:
all 911 audio tapes ***detailed information-witnesses, description of the victim and location
all offence/incident report *** - witness information, First Responder information, crime scene information, very detailed information
the autopsy relating to the homicide of a named individual ***COD/MOD... information that MPD has stated some of which only the Suspect would know.
all surveillance footage- ***would have all information that LE has on the Suspect, MB, the CG campers, EMT, LE with a gun most likely drawn looking around the building to see if anyone else was there

AND: AG ruling Dec 4, 2015 https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201525414.pdf
Snip
Section 552.108(b )(1) of the Government Code excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. Gov't Code§ 552.108(b )(1 ); see also Open Records Decision No. 531 at 2 (1989) (quoting Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706 (Tex. 1977)). A governmental body claiming section 552.108(b )(1) must reasonably explain how and why the release of the requested information would interfere with law enforcement. See Gov't Code§§ 552.108(b)(l), .301(e)(l)(A); see also Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706.
Section 5 52.108(b )( 1) is intended to protect "information which, if released, would permit private citizens to anticipate weaknesses in a police department, avoid detection, jeopardize officer safety, and generally undermine police efforts to effectuate the laws of this State." See City of Fort Worth v. Cornyn, 86 S.W.3d 320 at 327 (Tex. App.-Austin 2002, no pet.). This office has concluded section 552.108(b )(1) excepts from public disclosure information relating to the security or operation of a law enforcement agency. See, e.g., Open Records Decision Nos. 531 (release of detailed use of force guidelines would unduly interfere with law enforcement), 252 (1980) (section 552.108 of the Government Code is designed to
protect investigative techniques and procedures used in law enforcement), 143 (1976) (disclosure of specific operations or specialized equipment directly related to investigation or detection of crime may be excepted). Section 552.108(b )(1) is not applicable, however, to generally known policies and procedures. See, e.g., ORDs 531 at 2-3 (Penal Code
provisions, common law rules, and constitutional limitations on use of force not protected), 252 at 3 (governmental body failed to indicate why investigative procedures and techniques requested were any different from those commonly known).

page 3
You state release of the photographs containing serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report. You state release of this information would interfere with law enforcement. Based on your representations and our review, we agree the release of the serial number we marked would interfere with law enforcement. Accordingly, the department may withhold the firearm serial number we have marked under section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. However, we conclude the department has not established the release of the remaining information at
issue would interfere with law enforcement. Therefore, the department may not withhold any of the remaining information under section 552.108(b)(l). In summary, the department must withhold the Firearms Trace Summary we have marked
under section 552.101 of the Government Code in conjunction with Public Law number 112-55. The department may withhold the firearm serial number we have markedunder section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. The remaining information must be
released.

We know from the LinkedIN warrant that by that time they had spoken with CW and he confirmed the relationship and messages. We also know from that warrant that there was a data extraction from his phone. So he must have handed that over. All of this explains why MPD stated he had been very cooperative.

Agree, but they knew about CW on April 20th Wed(from SW for BB Facebook. and MB iPhone& iPad was extracted same date, and unknown when they spoke with him but the Emerg Request was faxed to LinkedIn on April 26 Tues, and the LinkedIn SW was signed on April 27 Wed. JMHO they had evidence when they showed up at CW residence. He didn't really have much of a choice other than lawyer up. JMHO

One thing to keep in mind with that video sequence is that MPD slowed it down. Everything that happened in that sequence happened quicker than we see it. And considering the glass you see on the floor in the hall they have to be pulling some or most of the glass toward them rather than simply smashing the glass in.

Agree, and if you look, the Suspect steps into that room, so JMHO was pulling the glass out as to reach into room and open door.

all surveillance footage- ***would have all information that LE has on the Suspect, MB, the CG campers, EMT, LE with a gun most likely drawn looking around the building to see if anyone else was there

AND: AG ruling Dec 4, 2015 https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201525414.pdf
Snip
Section 552.108(b )(1) of the Government Code excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. Gov't Code§ 552.108(b )(1 ); see also Open Records Decision No. 531 at 2 (1989) (quoting Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706 (Tex. 1977)). A governmental body claiming section 552.108(b )(1) must reasonably explain how and why the release of the requested information would interfere with law enforcement. See Gov't Code§§ 552.108(b)(l), .301(e)(l)(A); see also Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706.
Section 5 52.108(b )( 1) is intended to protect "information which, if released, would permit private citizens to anticipate weaknesses in a police department, avoid detection, jeopardize officer safety, and generally undermine police efforts to effectuate the laws of this State." See City of Fort Worth v. Cornyn, 86 S.W.3d 320 at 327 (Tex. App.-Austin 2002, no pet.). This office has concluded section 552.108(b )(1) excepts from public disclosure information relating to the security or operation of a law enforcement agency. See, e.g., Open Records Decision Nos. 531 (release of detailed use of force guidelines would unduly interfere with law enforcement), 252 (1980) (section 552.108 of the Government Code is designed to
protect investigative techniques and procedures used in law enforcement), 143 (1976) (disclosure of specific operations or specialized equipment directly related to investigation or detection of crime may be excepted). Section 552.108(b )(1) is not applicable, however, to generally known policies and procedures. See, e.g., ORDs 531 at 2-3 (Penal Code
provisions, common law rules, and constitutional limitations on use of force not protected), 252 at 3 (governmental body failed to indicate why investigative procedures and techniques requested were any different from those commonly known).

page 3
You state release of the photographs containing serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report. You state release of this information would interfere with law enforcement. Based on your representations and our review, we agree the release of the serial number we marked would interfere with law enforcement. Accordingly, the department may withhold the firearm serial number we have marked under section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. However, we conclude the department has not established the release of the remaining information at
issue would interfere with law enforcement. Therefore, the department may not withhold any of the remaining information under section 552.108(b)(l). In summary, the department must withhold the Firearms Trace Summary we have marked
under section 552.101 of the Government Code in conjunction with Public Law number 112-55. The department may withhold the firearm serial number we have markedunder section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. The remaining information must be
released.

Keep in mind the language in blue is used in many other rulings. The AG's office does this a lot; they have boilerplate language ready to plug in so that they can keep rulings consistent and cut down on the time required to produce these rulings (just look at how many rulings they made in 2016 and you'll see they are swamped). The governmental bodies then get wise to what magic words/phrases you have to include into the request for ruling so that the AG's office agrees with you. Not saying that occurred here, but it happens. So I would not necessarily place a lot of weight in that language used by AG. Here are a few rulings that also held that a police department did not have to disclose serial numbers for a similar reason you quoted:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201501686.pdf ("serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report").

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201505340.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/50abbott/orl/2014/pdf/or201421129.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2016/pdf/or201605382.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue would interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

Correct, ALL cell phones that pinged the towers on the date/time of the SW would be in the dump. Legally I would think MPD would need another SW for pings beyond the times/dates listed in the ATT SW.

JMHO from re reading the ATT Target Numbers (which all those individuals did have ATT as their carrier) That SW was to see if anyone with those numbers conversed with anyone between 3-5 am too. (anyone listed on the Target Number SW) Not sure where/why the time frame of March 1 - April 24 came from but they had a reason.

Only 2 of those towers on the map are within 5 miles of the church. The others are within about a 10 mile range.

Not according to ATT where I obtained the information. These were the ATT Cell towers within 5 miles radius of the church.
Not trying to argue, just stating that is what ATT provided me.

Keep in mind the language in blue is used in many other rulings. The AG's office does this a lot; they have boilerplate language ready to plug in so that they can keep rulings consistent and cut down on the time required to produce these rulings (just look at how many rulings they made in 2016 and you'll see they are swamped). The governmental bodies then get wise to what magic words/phrases you have to include into the request for ruling so that the AG's office agrees with you. Not saying that occurred here, but it happens. So I would not necessarily place a lot of weight in that language used by AG. Here are a few rulings that also held that a police department did not have to disclose serial numbers for a similar reason you quoted:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201501686.pdf ("serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report").

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2015/pdf/or201505340.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/50abbott/orl/2014/pdf/or201421129.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/opinions/openrecords/51paxton/orl/2016/pdf/or201605382.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue would interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or falsely used in a missing weapons report.")
Exactly, and goes with my belief that a LEO would unholster his/her firearm to clear a building that a murder just took place in. It would be noted somewhere in incident reports that the MSM was wanting too.The possibility/probability of this happening of a serial number being in incident reports are higher that are than not. As to what is referenced in the MPD Attorney letter, none of us Public folks know.
I will agree to disagree. Maybe someday soon we will know more

The map is for all towers regardless of provider. Only 2 AT&T towers are within 5 miles of the church (see a couple posts up.) If we bump it up to search for all AT&T towers within 10 miles of the church, we triple the number:

RFT3797 WAXAHACHIE115 115 LUCAS ST WAXAHACHIE TX

RFT3798 WAXAHACHIE315 315 N COLLEGE ST WAXAHACHIE TX

RFT3295 CEDAR HILL601 601 BELTLINE RD CEDAR HILL TX

RFT3372 DESOTO801 801 S HAMPTON RD DESOTO TX

RFT3625 MIDLOTHIAN219 219 NORTH 7TH STREET MIDLOTHIAN TX

RFT3675 RED OAK105 105 METHODIST ST RED OAK TX

thanks

Hi all,

Today, I pushed myself to do some solid thinking and research about the view in opposition to mine: that this was an unplanned murder...that it was a burglary, something of the sort. I have always believed that SP was there to murder Missy. Still do. Firmly.

Part of the entire case, of course, has been speculation re: whether SP is a male or female; my opinion on that issue is also the same as it was 9 months ago -- I have no.freaking.idea. As time wears on, in fact, I become less sure about this variable.

In the midst of this, though, I began thinking about a correlation between these two matters.

I'm curious -

For those who believe that Missy was targeted that morning, when you take a moment and think about the other possibility -- that Missy walked in on a burglary - does that all influence your thoughts about SP being male or female?

For those who lean toward this being an untargeted event, does that scenario come equipped with a male or female SP? Have you equivocated, too?

If you have moved from targeted to untargeted - did your thoughts on gender change?

When I first saw the church video back in April, I assumed it was a male. Just went right to it ....bam. Dude. Then, the speculation began that it could be a female, and like many, I watched the video (many times) through a questioning lens. I have since gone back and forth - examining mannerisms, body, etc.. Of course, I also know about the contents of the SW, the scuttlebutt, etc. After all of that, if the outcome aligns with my belief that Missy was targeted, I will not be completely surprised either way -- though my one hedging point about gender is that very few women could pull off the murder in such a small amount of time (given what is perceived as the weapon used -- a hammer) due to strength, and endurance, particular regarding upper body strength. Having the confidence, too, is another matter. Everyone knows that Missy was in top shape with some serious muscles of her own. Were a woman to kill her, especially given the small window of time allowed, a gun would be a preferable weapon.

Could a woman be a conspirator? Of course, and I do believe that is this case here. But the act itself, I see done by a male. I think the fact that the public - and LE - opened possibility about gender - has given SP a lucky boost.

Strength to strength IMO is the case here: --- Good plans+ executability (given the physicality and mindset of SP) + a couple of red herrings + redirection, and some luck.

Do I think it's solvable? Yes.

Due to LE or tower dumps? Nope.

I call hubris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads